Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the obsessive online research was the lock on the Liknes' door! So if his research was thorough enough, he quite possibly managed to open that lock to gain entry to the house.
http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1036808

I wonder when he took note of the type of lock on the door. Maybe the internet search can provide that time of his research. Perhaps he did make it to the Estate Sale and was not recognized?

Different weights next to the sofa in each photo. Is there any chance there are two sets of stairs leading up? Maybe he didn't notice them sleeping on the sofa at first. Do you think he would switch on the lights upon entry?

I'm pretty sure the other crime scene photo - of the bedroom - is at the back of the house because there is a patio door and a window to the left. That can only be a window on the South side of the house, so that is most likely the master bedroom, where Alvin was likely asleep.

Different weights next to the sofa in each photo. Is there any chance there are two sets of stairs leading up? Maybe he didn't notice them sleeping on the sofa at first. Do you think he would switch on the lights upon entry?

It's a small split level from the 1950s and I'm fairly certain that there's only one set of stairs leading up to the kitchen.

I wonder when he took note of the type of lock on the door. Maybe the internet search can provide that time of his research. Perhaps he did make it to the Estate Sale and was not recognized?

I doubt it. They were well known to one another - all of them. As I hypothesized many moons ago, he likely waited for all lights to go out and a little extra time to ensure they were in bed and asleep giving him the advantage of disabling the adults perhaps without them even awakening.

I wish someone (media) would collect all the evidence photos released today...seems every other news article gives a few more details and pictures....

I wish someone (media) would collect all the evidence photos released today...seems every other news article gives a few more details and pictures....

That would be helpful ... here's four

- stairs leading up to the bedrooms ?
- master bedroom on top level at back of house
- family room next to side door on main floor level beneath master bedroom
- dining room at back of house next to kitchen
- Airdrie property layout

http://globalnews.ca/news/3172718/h...ouglas-garland-accused-in-nathan-obrien-case/

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgar...ien-mother-testify-douglas-garland-trial.html

Attachments

• liknes1.jpg
    liknes1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 112
  • liknes pullout.jpg
    liknes pullout.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 84
  • liknes 4.jpg
    liknes 4.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 93
  • liknes 3.jpg
    liknes 3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Liknes 5.jpg
    Liknes 5.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 106
That bedroom shows clear evidence of a struggle IMO..overturned TV, vase etc..

I doubt it. They were well known to one another - all of them. As I hypothesized many moons ago, he likely waited for all lights to go out and a little extra time to ensure they were in bed and asleep giving him the advantage of disabling the adults perhaps without them even awakening.

I mean for him to find out about the type of lock. That he went to the house the few days leading up to that night to see what type of lock it is. I couldn't tell you what kind of locks my closest family and friends have. I agree he waited for lights out as well as waited for JO to leave.

I mean for him to find out about the type of lock. That he went to the house the few days leading up to that night to see what type of lock it is. I couldn't tell you what kind of locks my closest family and friends have. I agree he waited for lights out as well as waited for JO to leave.

I'm thinking he could have done a number of reccies (Sp?) watched the place for ages and walked straight up to the door, noted the lock, make, model, etc. Always having waited to ensure the coast was clear. As we know, this was long in the planning.

The moulding color is not the same as the door frames behind the pull-out sofa. Maybe it is on the opposite side?

Looks like there are stairs going up and down (to the left and right respectively), so I'm thinking this picture is taken from inside a mid-level room?

The moulding color is not the same as the door frames behind the pull-out sofa. Maybe it is on the opposite side?

I always had the impression that the original house was smaller, and that there was an extension put on the house behind the garage extending through two floors. That would mean that the family room by the side door was added later - perhaps in the 1970s, and the upstairs was enlarged by at least one bedroom.

Looks like there are stairs going up and down (to the left and right respectively), so I'm thinking this picture is taken from inside a mid-level room?

I'll look for a photo of the office at the front of the house - I have one somewhere from the estate sale. That might match the trim - not sure.

I'm thinking he could have done a number of reccies (Sp?) watched the place for ages and walked straight up to the door, noted the lock, make, model, etc. Always having waited to ensure the coast was clear. As we know, this was long in the planning.

Make sense. I would want to make sure the lock was current and would check it closer to the time of entry. But yes, he could do that any evening really.

I always had the impression that the original house was smaller, and that there was an extension put on the house behind the garage extending through two floors. That would mean that the family room by the side door was added later - perhaps in the 1970s, and the upstairs was enlarged by at least one bedroom.

So maybe two stair cases? Or the addition incorporated an existing staircase?

So maybe two stair cases? Or the addition incorporated an existing staircase?

I'm wondering whether the stairs going up to the bedrooms had one landing for the office, and then a few more steps to the bedrooms ... not sure, but we do know that there was blood on the stairs going up to the bedrooms, as few drops in the kitchen, and then bloody drag marks from the side of the house to the driveway.

Oh God...

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 2m2 minutes ago
Crown says evidence will show #Garland meticulously researched and planned the killing, as well as torture and dismemberment #yyc
Oh my God.

My heart is crying. I may not make it afterall.

Been going back and forth with Nancy Hixt (reporter in Calgary)on Twitter--she informed me that there were more evidence photos of the Liknes' home presented today, but deemed too graphic for publication and hence were withheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07