Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

^ In reality, the investigation into Rebecca's self-inflicted "murder" was very through, involved four law enforcement agencies, and took seven weeks. There was NO, NADA, NONE evidence it was anyone other than Rebecca - a woman who had exhibited bizarre behavior in the past, and did not want to answer questions about what happened to Max Shacknai. Her death was ruled a suicide, and a suicide it was.

I think it's important to remember that Spreckels was a VACATION home, not their primary residence. And that Jonah and Rebecca and Max had only been there a few weeks that season when the deaths occurred.

Not "everything" in the house was brought with them from AZ. From many reports, the home was fully furnished, had year-round live in caretakers, and had been owned by Jonah since he and Dina were married.

I think it's positively ridiculous to attribute isolated items in seldom used rooms (in a sporadically used vacation home) to some kind of nefarious meaning, or tangential association. Or worse, to attribute them to some kind of imagined or fabricated lifestyle or sexual practices. In fact, it sounds vindictive and desperate, IMO. Certainly not based on any solid facts.

Sometimes a book is just a book. The mere presence of a cookbook in a home doesn't "prove" someone is a chef, any more than the presence of a bible, koran, or torah proves someone is devoutly religious.

Exactly!

:loveyou::yourock::tyou:

In document 502, we learn that the Plaintiffs have declared and identified NINE expert witnesses. (AS identified 6; DS identified 2.) That's an interesting factoid, and it's quite encouraging, IMO.

There are still some details to be worked out for the expert depositions, according to doc 502, and I'm confident that will come together soon. We can't possibly know what the scheduling disputes are at this point, except that AS's attorneys think it should be happening faster, and plaintiffs have offered Feb 12 as the week one may be available.

I personally don't put any faith in the truth of the continuous back and forth whining in filed documents over scheduling, hearings, who called who, and emailed who "X" many times, etc. One side always says the other is delaying for a nefarious purpose, and to derail the case moving forward. It's a tango, not a waltz!

I was gone from WS for a long time and am trying to play catch up with Rebecca's case. I remember when she was murdered, (I never bought in to the suicide scenario). I missed the drama that got the forum moved and the wrongful death suit origin so yeah, been a while. I have a lot of catching up to do.

@watergirl62: Welcome back! I'm eagerly awaiting more forward movement in the case, and the trial in a few months (hopefully).

Hey, I think I asked this a year or so ago, and I'm going to ask again.

Please keep in mind that I am not on either side of this issue. Murder or suicide seem totally plausible to me.

What I want to know is, is there any known track record of Rebecca displaying attention seeking/histrionic behavior?

I do not count shop lifting as such, so please don't offer that oft repeated event.

I'm asking, because if she did kill herself in such a manner, I feel like she would more likely than not have a history of suicide threats/pathological lying(not white lies, not exaggeration, out right bizarre lies). I just don't think this kind of even would come out of absolutely no where.

^ Yes, there were other things that are now coming out. Besides the shoplifting arrest which happened less than two years before her suicide, Rebecca seemed to lie frequently and was a victim of child sexual molestation from the age of 6 - 15 or so - a fact Mary Zahau tried to hide from investigators. She also pretended to be kidnapped when she left her husband for another millionaire in 2005:

From ROA# 408
ExParte Application By Defendant Dina Shacknai Seeking an Order to Compel the Attendance of Neil Nalepa At Deposition

On April 26, 2005, Rebecca Zahau was reported as a Missing Person in Glendale, CA, by a man 21 years her senior, who listed her as his live-in girlfriend. He stated they had been dating for 8 months, and had been living together for 1 month.

The Glendale Police Report stated that on Monday, 4/25/05, Zahau left for work in her vehicle at 0800 hours. Her demeanor was normal. About 5 minutes later she calls him on his cell phone, she sounded upset and despondent. She told him that she needed to end their relationship and go back to her ex-husband, Neil.

RB told the police that she was married to Neil in 2002 and that the marriage was arranged by their families. To his knowledge, she had not been happy in the marriage. She separated and filed for divorce with the divorce being made final a couple of months ago.

Rebecca had not come home. He checked with her work and she did not show up for work. Her supervisor told him that she received a phone call from Zahau on 4/25/05. Zahau told her she was in Arizona and did not give any reason for not showing up for work.

At about 1300 hours he received a call from Zahau. He described her voice as clear, calm and business like. She told him "You are not to call me ever again" and then hung up. A few minutes later she called him back and asked him to repeat what she had just told him.

RB said he was frustrated and upset. He began to demand that she tell him where she was and if she was okay and if she was doing this voluntarily. Her heard her say "Stop it". He asked her if she was talking to him. She told him "No" and told him that people (unknown who) were monitoring the phone call. She sounded afraid and upset to him.

She left their residence with no provisions for not returning. None of her friends have heard from her. He is concerned that the disappearance may be related to her ex-husband and the pressure from the family to remain in the marriage. He is concerned that she may be being held by unknown persons against her will.

Zahau came into the front desk on 4/28/05, 1115 hours, to advise us that she had been entered as a missing person but she was fine.

Zahau stated she had been living with her boyfriend, RPB, for the past 6 months while separated from her husband. On 4/26/05 she went to work, met with her estranged husband, and decided to reconcile. She stated she had not informed RB of the reconciliation. Zahau requested her name be removed from the missing person system.

Neil Napela states in his interview with SDSO that he had told her he was dating someone, which is why she became upset and came back to him.

Rebecca frequently lied to Neil, and had numerous affairs. She lied to this man, and told him she was divorced. She lied to Neil telling him she was having "girls night out" when she was out looking for rich men to date. She lied to Neil about his dog, telling him she was giving it to a friend at work when she gave it to Jonah. She lied to Jonah telling him she needed to quit work because she was being sexually harassed.She lied to investigators that she gave Max CPR and about how long he had been lying there. She staged the the scene by placing the scooter on Max's legs, because according to his little sister it was 1 to 2 feeet away from him before help arrived. She took the chandelier down by cutting the ring. She lied that Max said "Ocean" when it was medically impossible for him to speak.

BTW, her sister Mary knew nothing about the 2008 boyfriend or the fake kidnapping and missing persons report.

An that is just what we know. I cringe to think of what else is in those investigative files.

[

No Link needed. As a 'Practicing Witch' and if you read the ENTIRE book, one would know that one would NOT use a consecrated, ritual tool for a suicide.

Wow. I find it very interesting that witches, numerologists, "psychics", and/or conspiracy theorists seem to be the main group of folk that believe Rebecca was "murdered". Go figure.

Wow. I find it very interesting that witches, numerologists, "psychics", and/or conspiracy theorists seem to be the main group of folk that believe Rebecca was "murdered". Go figure.

maybe i didn't make it clear. if REBECCA were a practicing 'witch' and practicing 'witchcraft', SHE would NOT commit suicide with HER OWN consecrated (religious) rope.

^ That is your opinion. She MAY have been a practicing witch, and she MAY have used her own rope in her suicide. She certainly used a RED rope.

Exactly!

:loveyou::yourock::tyou:

[emoji146]

Gold crown for you, Lash! Thanks much for all your work on the timeline and wrongful suit case updates and everything you have done to keep this forum updated. You totally rock.

Aside: I used to read the hinky meter religiously. That was a nice flash from the past.

Apologies to others who deserve a crown. I have only been back in this forum a couple of days.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

- On July 12, 2016, Mr. Shacknai served form interrogatories, special interrogatories requests for production of documents (“RFP”), and requests for admissions (“RFA”) on each the plaintiffs. The Zahaus' responses were due August 15.

It is now January 16, That is over five months that the answers were due. As the Judge gave the Zahaus three extensions and then denied their request for a fourth extension, she is not going to be happy that Adam Shacknai is having to file a motion to compel. Seems the Zahaus and their sleazy lawyer then sent in incomplete answers, as a hedge to get even more time. Why would they need more time? To try to concoct some evidence (which they currently don't have), hence Greer's tweet for "witnesses. I do hope that the Defendants Attroneys show that to the Judge.

- Since the witness that claimed to see Dina at Spreckles story has been proven to be untrue, since Dina was with Jonah at Randy's from 8 pm to 1 am, looks like Greer is in need of another witness. I wonder if he has or will offer to pay someone for their "witnessing"? IMO, he is that unscrupulous

- Neil Napelpa actually moved and left no forwarding address to avoid giving a deposition under oath.

- Mary Zahau said under oath that the reason she thought Dina, Nina, and Adam "killed" Rebecca was because Dina would not let Rebecca attend a school function and would ask them to keep Max when it was not their turn.

I cannot wait to see what the Judge has to say to the Zahaus and Attorney Greer (who, BTW, is also attempting to sue the FBI for 30 million dollars for killing teenager Hannah Anderson's abductor).

She surely will see what a sham this is, and I hope she comes down hard on the Plantiffs for attempting to frame innocent people for murder in a suicide case.

The Zahaus case is a trainwreck that won't convince anyone, especially Judge Bacall.

:trainwreck:

- On July 12, 2016, Mr. Shacknai served form interrogatories, special interrogatories requests for production of documents (“RFP”), and requests for admissions (“RFA”) on each the plaintiffs. The Zahaus' responses were due August 15.

It is now January 16, That is over five months that the answers were due. As the Judge gave the Zahaus three extensions and then denied their request for a fourth extension, she is not going to be happy that Adam Shacknai is having to file a motion to compel. Seems the Zahaus and their sleazy lawyer then sent in incomplete answers, as a hedge to get even more time. Why would they need more time? To try to concoct some evidence (which they currently don't have), hence Greer's tweet for "witnesses. I do hope that the Defendants Attroneys show that to the Judge.

- Since the witness that claimed to see Dina at Spreckles story has been proven to be untrue, since Dina was with Jonah at Randy's from 8 pm to 1 am, looks like Greer is in need of another witness. I wonder if he has or will offer to pay someone for their "witnessing"? IMO, he is that unscrupulous

- Neil Napelpa actually moved and left no forwarding address to avoid giving a deposition under oath.

- Mary Zahau said under oath that the reason she thought Dina, Nina, and Adam "killed" Rebecca was because Dina would not let Rebecca attend a school function and would ask them to keep Max when it was not their turn.

I cannot wait to see what the Judge has to say to the Zahaus and Attorney Greer (who, BTW, is also attempting to sue the FBI for 30 million dollars for killing teenager Hannah Anderson's abductor).

She surely will see what a sham this is, and I hope she comes down hard on the Plantiffs for attempting to frame innocent people for murder in a suicide case.

The Zahaus case is a trainwreck that won't convince anyone, especially Judge Bacall.

:trainwreck:

BBM- Can you please provide a link? TIA

^ Yes, there were other things that are now coming out. Besides the shoplifting arrest which happened less than two years before her suicide, Rebecca seemed to lie frequently and was a victim of child sexual molestation from the age of 6 - 15 or so - a fact Mary Zahau tried to hide from investigators. She also pretended to be kidnapped when she left her husband for another millionaire in 2005:

Rebecca frequently lied to Neil, and had numerous affairs. She lied to this man, and told him she was divorced. She lied to Neil telling him she was having "girls night out" when she was out looking for rich men to date. She lied to Neil about his dog, telling him she was giving it to a friend at work when she gave it to Jonah. She lied to Jonah telling him she needed to quit work because she was being sexually harassed.She lied to investigators that she gave Max CPR and about how long he had been lying there. She staged the the scene by placing the scooter on Max's legs, because according to his little sister it was 1 to 2 feeet away from him before help arrived. She took the chandelier down by cutting the ring. She lied that Max said "Ocean" when it was medically impossible for him to speak.

BTW, her sister Mary knew nothing about the 2008 boyfriend or the fake kidnapping and missing persons report.

An that is just what we know. I cringe to think of what else is in those investigative files.

[

No where does it state Rebecca pretended to be kidnapped or claimed she was kidnapped, or faked a kidnapping, etc...To be clear Rebecca did not file a kidnapping report. That is all hyperbole. Out of concern, the man she was seeing at the time reported her as missing. Rebecca DID NOT claim to be kidnapped.

ETA-

"Out looking for rich men to date"...Now that is a rich opinion, once again not a fact. Just another attack on RZ. Rebecca and Neil definitely had their problems. On and off again. They both dated different people at different times. Separated, got back together, etc...

ETA2-

"She took the chandelier down by cutting the ring." Where did this factoid come from, link?

All from court documents that have been previously linked.

Thank you, but that seems more like a disclaimer. Which link? Please be more specific. You cannot throw out alleged facts without a source. That is against TOS.

^ As is saying anyone is a murderer when they have never been charged with murder and the case was ruled a suicide.

No where does it state Rebecca pretended to be kidnapped or claimed she was kidnapped, or faked a kidnapping, etc...To be clear Rebecca did not file a kidnapping report. That is all hyperbole. Out of concern, the man she was seeing at the time reported her as missing. Rebecca DID NOT claim to be kidnapped.

ETA-

"Out looking for rich men to date"...Now that is a rich opinion, once again not a fact. Just another attack on RZ. Rebecca and Neil definitely had their problems. On and off again. They both dated different people at different times. Separated, got back together, etc...

ETA2-

"She took the chandelier down by cutting the ring." Where did this factoid come from, link?

Rebecca certainly tried to make her boyfriend of 8 months think she had left against her will. She did everything but say "kidnapped"...

At about 1300 hours he received a call from Zahau. He described her voice as clear, calm and business like. She told him "You are not to call me ever again" and then hung up. A few minutes later she called him back and asked him to repeat what she had just told him.

RB said he was frustrated and upset. He began to demand that she tell him where she was and if she was okay and if she was doing this voluntarily. Her heard her say "Stop it". He asked her if she was talking to him. She told him "No" and told him that people (unknown who) were monitoring the phone call. She sounded afraid and upset to him.

She left their residence with no provisions for not returning. None of her friends have heard from her. He is concerned that the disappearance may be related to her ex-husband and the pressure from the family to remain in the marriage. He is concerned that she may be being held by unknown persons against her will.

Neil is the one that said she was looking for someone with money. He also says that he did not cheat on her until she left to go live with the first millionaire. He also says she cheated on him almost immediately after they were married. That is in his interview with police in ROA 438.

Anne Rule wrote that the chandelier ring had been CUT in her book. Now how did that happen? How indeed.

Can you provide the link to the proof that verifies Dina was with Jonah from 8-1? Was this from Jonah now putting that out there or from cameras or objective witnesses?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back