TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Nissan Altima license tag based on the SWFA video markers .40 through .41, combined layers and enlarged (vector based interpolation) :

attachment.php

When you look at the conceptual proportion of the tag you are looking at this, State name is centered and app. less than 1/3 of the entire plate.

attachment.php

Look at the State name and notice there is something specific going on with the first letter and possibly with some letter(s) in the second half of the State name :

attachment.php

Now look again at the target (original Nissan Altima plate) and understand any additional background of the plate in comparison to a Texas (2011) colored plate, a Texas (2016) plain plate, a SD license plate and a Louisiana license plate, all examples.

attachment.php

I chose the Texas plate for obvious reasons, the SD plate due to the similar background line of the target and the Mount Rushmore motive of the SD plate., and finally the Louisiana tag, due to the specific first letter L, as an example.

-Nin

Next post

Attachments

• MB tag resampled smaller.jpg
    MB tag resampled smaller.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 439
  • MB tag rasterized.jpg
    MB tag rasterized.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 431
  • MB tag resampled smaller cropped State.jpg
    MB tag resampled smaller cropped State.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 425
  • MB tag TX old TX new SD LA.jpg
    MB tag TX old TX new SD LA.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 421
Okay. The affidavit doesn't say that. That is the media getting something wrong. In this case very wrong. The probable cause affidavit says nothing like what the article says at all. Below is the probable cause affidavit from that warrant (link for this warrant is likely on the first page of this thread and likely in the media thread).

It's possible it was an error on the TV station's part. Keep in mind, though, that there are numerous affidavits that have been filed.

No it doesn't. It comes from the Fox4 reporter's interpretation of the SW affidavit which states no such thing as "MB in the church for 30 minutes".

From the SW in the media thread (Affidavit, II. Affiant's Probable Cause):

"At approximately 0418 hours, the victimTerri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area.The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video.The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building."

If you can find this information you are promoting as originating from MPD's paperwork, I know I would like to see it.

The broadcast shows snippets from the actual affidavit at around the 1:40 mark. Keep in mind there are NUMEROUS affidavits related to this case, and there is always the possibility even an affidavit has a timeline error contained within it.

Attachments

• MB tag TX old TX new SD LA BW.jpg
    MB tag TX old TX new SD LA BW.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 485
  • MB tag TX old TX new SD LA BW opaque 20.jpg
    MB tag TX old TX new SD LA BW opaque 20.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 476
  • MB tag TX old TX new SD LA BW smudged.jpg
    MB tag TX old TX new SD LA BW smudged.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 486
  • MB tag rasterized.jpg
    MB tag rasterized.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 480
It's possible it was an error on the TV station's part. Keep in mind, though, that there are numerous affidavits that have been filed.
Yes there have been numerous. But we have all of them that have been released via open records requests, including affidavits that the media hadn't even asked for, and we have the complete Truck warrant - which is truncated on the NBC affiliates website (the only media source with a copy). There are no doubt other affidavits that MPD have completed for warrants that they are allowed to exempt from public release but media wouldn't be able to have those either.

This is the same tag smaller:

attachment.php

and a smaller raster:

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• MB tag small.jpg
    MB tag small.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 580
  • MB tag small rasterized.jpg
    MB tag small rasterized.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 585
Long-time lurker on this case - have been reading from the start, but sorry if this was already mentioned and I missed....but... Could there be someone at SWFA - not necessarily an employee - who was working with the Altima driver? Specifically wondering what the sight line from 2nd floor SWFA "tv room" is to the church - could they signal SP if other campers/vehicles entered COC?

I think Fox 4 got it wrong. The story was posted on their website on Wednesday, May 4th. It refers to a SW released on Tuesday. The phone and IPad warrant was released Tuesday, May 3rd.

....new search warrant affidavit released on Tuesday, which allowed police to retrieve personal data from Missy's phone and iPad left in her truck the day of the murder revealed. . .http://www.fox4news.com/news/136850559-story

The other warrants weren't released until beginning May 5th

Links to first round of warrants that can be found in media section
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...8-Apr-2016-Media-amp-Timeline-*NO-DISCUSSION*

Someone said something in a previous thread about that Mark Wahlburg Boston Marathon movie...that it all depended on how the police investigated it immediately after...... I think that's key in this case and possibly why we don't have answers..... I have heard rumblings around town that the people who discovered the body did not get the sense that the police knew what they were doing. I hope for my own sake......living here......that those are just rumors. Still.... small town police department where nothing happens...not a lot of experience handling a murder scene...and my other question is did they know it was a murder scene immediately? Because the family members were told she was in an accident and if I stumbled upon someone badly injured prior to this....murder wouldnt be my first thought. What was lost in those first hours...and can anything be done to make up for that...next LE is so misleading about the family...they cleared this last POI in no uncertain terms....they said he was a POI but was later cleared....well how has the family not been totally cleared because if you listen to how LE phrases it...they are not "suspects"...well no one is a suspect now....but why don't they say that they aren't POIs if they are totally clear...and I keep going back to why they havent moved away...wouldnt you be too terrified to stay in the same town if you didnt know who murdered the mother of your children?

I tried to go back and make a note about that in my previous post which included pics. The pics are ones that I made myself yesterday and are stored locally here, so there really is no link.. not sure where that falls in the rules..

I noticed a streak on the left side of the plate when I had my guy enlarge a screen capture from the SWFA video. Now that I see there is a plate with a cross it looked like it could be a match, not the numbers but the cross. If that is a vanity plate it would narrow the search for that car. Wonder if LE already know or have looked at this possibility. ?

Long-time lurker on this case - have been reading from the start, but sorry if this was already mentioned and I missed....but... Could there be someone at SWFA - not necessarily an employee - who was working with the Altima driver? Specifically wondering what the sight line from 2nd floor SWFA "tv room" is to the church - could they signal SP if other campers/vehicles entered COC?

oh wow is that why those cars were parked out on the side of SWFA building ? Cause there were people in the building at the time the car entered the lot ?

Someone said something in a previous thread about that Mark Wahlburg Boston Marathon movie...that it all depended on how the police investigated it immediately after...... I think that's key in this case and possibly why we don't have answers..... I have heard rumblings around town that the people who discovered the body did not get the sense that the police knew what they were doing. I hope for my own sake......living here......that those are just rumors. Still.... small town police department where nothing happens...not a lot of experience handling a murder scene...and my other question is did they know it was a murder scene immediately? Because the family members were told she was in an accident and if I stumbled upon someone badly injured prior to this....murder wouldnt be my first thought. What was lost in those first hours...and can anything be done to make up for that...next LE is so misleading about the family...they cleared this last POI in no uncertain terms....they said he was a POI but was later cleared....well how has the family not been totally cleared because if you listen to how LE phrases it...they are not "suspects"...well no one is a suspect now....but why don't they say that they aren't POIs if they are totally clear...and I keep going back to why they havent moved away...wouldnt you be too terrified to stay in the same town if you didnt know who murdered the mother of your children?

I heard the same " rumblings" about the LE and thats not shocking to me, ofcourse these guys dont have the experience to handle a case like this and that is why they called in for help. The fact they dont have that experience was a good sign for me, it shows the town does not have to deal with murder cases. That didnt bother me a bit. The only complaint I heard that might have made a difference is that fact they released the scene too soon. Like my mom would say " If the dog hadn't stop to pee he would have caught the rabbit ".

I can't imagine how injuries like MB sustained could be interpreted in any other way than murder.

I've been going back and re-examining the timeline. Timeline states suspect in police gear was captured on surveillance video at 3:50 a.m. Missy enters the church at 4:20 a.m. Participant in her class arrives in parking lot at 4:35 a.m. 9-1-1 calls are made at 5:00 a.m.

However, paperwork from the police department states that Missy was setting up her room for the boot camp for "about 30 minutes," at which time she then heads towards where the suspect is waiting. Neither is seen on tape again. If this is accurate, that would mean she entered the building at 4:20 but did not head towards the suspect until 4:50 a.m. That gives the murderer only 10 minutes to murder her and escape before her body is found at 5:00 a.m.

It also means at least one of the bootcamp participants is in the parking lot at the time of the murder (they arrived at 4:35). Granted, they may have been listening to music and unable to hear any screams within, but they would have seen a person dressed in police gear leaving the door to the church; that means the murderer left through another entryway - which would have added to what they had to accomplish in that short 10 minute window. Police arrive at 5:10 a.m., at which time presumably the murderer would have been unable to leave the parking lot by vehicle.

And why is it after Missy is murdered is the suspect not seen again? Did they leave through a window? No surveillance cameras in that portion of the church? Reports have indicated her body was located in the southwest corner of the church, so with her body being discovered at approximately 5:00 a.m., people would have been inside the church heading towards her body for at least a couple of minutes before it was found. That cuts an already close 10 minute window even closer...

So if these reports and police documents are accurate, imagine this from the murderer's point of view. You've been in the church since 3:50 a.m. waiting on Missy to show up (assuming this is a targeted hit). You surely hear activity within the church when Missy enters at 4:20 a.m. Missy likely is going back and forth to her vehicle several times in order to bring the equipment inside (although it is likely this ended by 4:35 since the person in the parking lot did not enter with her to help bring any equipment in or help to set up the room, which would be the most likely scenario). Very strange they did not go to her but rather remained where they were and waiting for her. So from 4:35 they simply lie in wait for her to come to them until she finally does so at 4:50. Imagine them looking repeatedly at their watch, knowing class starts at 5:00, and knowing that anyone else could enter the church at any moment. They know they have to kill her (with a hammer, no less) and get away before anyone can stop them and at 4:50 a.m. they now only have 10 minutes before class is scheduled to start. You know Missy is physically fit and there's the possibility it will take at least several minutes to subdue her (unless she is attacked first from behind and knocked out - however, autopsy report states she dies from puncture wounds to head and chest - not head and back, suggesting a frontal assault). You've been waiting 30 minutes since you heard her enter and she's still not coming to where you are, so do you go to her (which for some reason they did not want to - was there surveillance cameras in that room and they feared their face might be exposed in the encounter with Missy?) or keep waiting even if that means you miss out on this opportunity? Is it possible they made noise to lure her to their area? Call out to her? Or were they so confident of her schedule they knew she'd go to that corner of the church before she started class (use bathroom; pick up class roster; something else?)?

If they waited until 4:50 a.m. to murder her, they had nerves of steel. That would seem to indicate this was not their first rodeo.

The one phrase that throws everything in the time line is “Settingup her room for the bootcamp for ‘ABOUT 30 minutes’; citing reports and policedocuments.
1. I don’t recall seeing or reading that in the early paperwork.

2. What does “about”mean? Are you sure they didn’t mean that’s what she would normally do?

Everything in previous time-lines showed there was sufficient time to pull this off.

3. I would be shocked if the whole attack lasted more than 5 minutes. We lose track of time sometimes in fast moving action. A blow every 2 seconds would give you 60 blows in two minutes. A round of MMA or boxing is 3-5 minutes, of evenly-matched combatants,with no weapons, and it sometimes feels like it takes forever. With a weapon, it probably wouldn’t go that long.

4. I see the perp going for the chest while the victim was downed. Standing up would be pretty unlikely (the victim could probably defend herself yet, esp one like MB). I visualize SP standing over MB as a likely scenario for the chest wounds.

5. It says SP left the same way they came. Probably through that broken out down in the NW corner of the building. Maybe cutting through the auditorium.

6. And jump right into a getaway car or their car, parked in that recessed, below-grade spot inthat NW corner of the building, where no one in the front half of the propertycould see them.

7. And quietly driving off. I believe the murderhappened in 5 minutes somewhere between 4:30 and 4:50. IF a gun was involved, 1 second. Remember the driving rain storm would probablydrown out any noise that might have been going on inside the building.

8. I believe the first CG-er(s) had started arriving or were about to arrive. IIRC, LE a while back mentioned the possible use of hypnosis in the investigation. The most logical place would be if SP was driving off and in attentiveCG-ers were parked in their vehicle or driving up to or into the property. And they needed to reach into their sub-conscience to recall any details of the malevolent car and it’s occupant(s).

9. Yes it was well-planned, but this wouldn’t take genius or a tremendous amount of training or experience. Just tremendous amountsof rage and self-confidence and a dose of luck (everything going as planned).

As I was writing a possible description of the conflicted. It crossed my mind. If SP was so well/warmly dressed after even 5 minutes of maximum exertion would probably produce some sweat. Which very well could have made it's way onto the ground (containing DNA). Or on MB. But it would be hard to isolate because of the amount of blood loss (sorry). Did or would LE test all the area for potential sweat (even mixed I with blood?

As I was writing a possible description of the conflicted. It crossed my mind. If SP was so well/warmly dressed after even 5 minutes of maximum exertion would probably produce some sweat. Which very well could have made it's way onto the ground (containing DNA). Or on MB. But it would be hard to isolate because of the amount of blood loss (sorry). Did or would LE test all the area for potential sweat (even mixed I with blood?

I hope they did.

Why do you think they chose to use a primitive weapon as opposed to a gun ? Could it be the perp has a felony and didnt have access to a gun ? Was it selected for the lack of noise ? Or was it chosen for maximum fear ? Just seems like a gun would have been faster, cleaner and more accurate. I still wonder about this frequently, any thoughts ???

Attachments

• IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 360
I hope they did.

Why do you think they chose to use a primitive weapon as opposed to a gun ? Could it be the perp has a felony and didnt have access to a gun ? Was it selected for the lack of noise ? Or was it chosen for maximum fear ? Just seems like a gun would have been faster, cleaner and more accurate. I still wonder about this frequently, any thoughts ???

Imo. I think they chose it to hurt MB. They wanted her to suffer and hurt. A gun would have been too quick. That's why we know this was personal. However, we have had rumors long ago of a gun. Also, I started reading on some murders and I was very surprised to realize how many perps used hammers!!! I had no clue and most were all men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also heard that the do have DNA from SP and I couldn't figure out how, but this might explain it. I have further heard that the DNA was used to rule out a good number of people as being the SP, but that there were two on the original SW who declined the DNA test and so LE was leaning towards them as suspects and that LE tried hard to make a case for them but when they turned everything over to the FBI, the FBI told them they were wrong. By that time, those two people had been already tried in the court of public opinion and had their names and private info splashed all over the place, so they lawyered up. There was a person interviewed on True Crime Radio who implicated these people so I think that rumor maybe true. She also revolked any mention of being on the show on her blog. Of course Tricia can say if anyone reached out to her via a lawyer. So that put them back at square 1 and feeling pretty discouraged. I guess one might turn down a DNA if they knew they were innocent out of fear of being framed/fear of LE? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa