Found Deceased Iceland - Birna Brjánsdóttir, 20, Reykjavík, 14 Jan 2017 *Arrests*

Probably not applicable with a trawler, but some people insist that people remove their shoes prior to boarding a boat.
Were the shoes wet inside? Very uncomfortable to walk around in wet boots, was she offered a warm pair of socks to change into, or even plastic bags to put on her feet?
Again, not likely, but the alternative reasons for leaving boots behind are unpleasant.
A message- taking a different path in life, leaving the old one behind?
To let people know where she is, just in case?

Staged, by someone to show she is gone, or perhaps entered the water?
speculation, imo.
Hoping Birna is found, safe and sound.

It's very weird, I'm not really familiar with sailing etiquette (my dad and both grandfathers were fishermen but that was before I was born and when I was very young and they were never on big trawlers) but shouldn't their tracking device/GPS/whatever it's called be on at all times? Theirs hasn't been on since 10 pm on Saturday.

It's very weird, I'm not really familiar with sailing etiquette (my dad and both grandfathers went out to sea but that was before I was born and when I was very young and they were never on big trawlers) but shouldn't their tracking device/GPS/whatever it's called be on at all times? Theirs hasn't been on since 10 pm on Saturday.

aha i hadnt noticed, i only noticed that they reported it had turned back to iceland and that indicator does not portray that but i had not caught up with the whole story yet, that is interesting yeah

What style were the shoes (not familiar with Doc Martins)? Would she have kicked them off to run away from someone/ something?

What style were the shoes (not familiar with Doc Martins)? Would she have kicked them off to run away from someone/ something?

Not slip on style boots and they're pricey too.
a8f8d076c75f1e3f8c2de98625ef3c7e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what style of Docs she had but I definitely couldn't kick off mine--they're boots with laces.

ETA I just watched the video again full screen and I think she is wearing boots--it's possible the laces aren't fully secured...but my eyesight isn't the best.

She's really staggering. I hope she's okay.

The sidewalks in Iceland are ice free cuz of geothermal. Not in that area though?

The sidewalks in Iceland are ice free cuz of geothermal. Not in that area though?

Good point, human. Norwegian here who works often in Iceland. Not familiar with shipping area ( I see what looks like rock coverage over harbor parking area). But most of city streets are geothermal heated.

Has anybody gone through her FB and IG pages? She appears to have a fat bleeding lip in one of the more recent photos. It is also my opinion that she looks kind of sadder in her last photos when compared to her older photos. The older ones she is seen with friends laughing and smiling and the latest ones not so much.

I have been wearing Docs since the early 90's. I still have a pair as pictured above that are in great shape and that pair went through at least one Lollapalooza and many festivals in the mid 90's. They are expensive but last forever if you look after them.

If you wear them loose laced they are super easy to slip on an off. I am not sure what the angle of them being planted?

Has the red Kia Rio been found? Shouldn't the rental agency have identification on who rented it? If it was a person on the trawler, it should have been returned. Did that happen? I feel like the car could provide a lot of information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to harbour authorities the Greenlandic trawler Polar Nanoq will be docking at Hafnarfjörður harbour at around 11 pm tonight. (which would be 6:00 p.m. tonight Eastern)

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2017/01/18/greenland_trawler_docks_in_hafnarfjordur_tonight/

The spot where Birna Brjánsdóttir's shoes were discovered does not form part of the official harbour area and has no surveillance cameras.

someone local said it has been reported they are already on board.

Has the red Kia Rio been found? Shouldn't the rental agency have identification on who rented it? If it was a person on the trawler, it should have been returned. Did that happen? I feel like the car could provide a lot of information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I read, the car agency has been found but the people who rented and returned the car have not come forward. As of the last I read, the agency was unable to determine which red car was rented (I am assuming because none of them so far have picked up on Birna's scent).

Also (me assuming again), the reason why no one has come forward is because they are on the trawler. Police requested the names of those on the traweler, As of now, no one on the traweler has been questioned or arrested.

someone local said it has been reported they are already on board.

A special armed force team seen boarding a helicopter around noon. Thought to be going to the trawler. The same helicopter landed about half an hour ago, it was hauled straight into a hangar so not known if anyone got out of it.

The first article is in English but the second one is in Icelandic. It's short and they're just saying how the helicopter has returned.

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2017/01/18/armed_special_forces_flying_to_greenland_trawler/

http://www.visir.is/tf-lif-komin-aftur-til-reykjavikur/article/2017170118686

Off topic but I am now dreaming of ice free sidewalks as I just braved insane snow and sub-zero temperature to get my sorry booty to work this morning.
Iceland seems so safe and isolated. I hope she's found safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back