TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
BDU = Battle Dress Uniform. I had to look it up, too.

Ditto. I actually agree with that assessment, now that I know what they are. SP's pants have always looked to me like they were tied/cinched (or stuffed into those clown shoes) at the bottom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something I have been thinking about.
We (General Public) are " assuming " what "first camper" or anyone else arriving during time campers who found MB saw. Anyone arriving that storming/rainy morning during time campers were finding MB would not think anything possibly of a vehicle leaving. There would definitely be a lot of confusion and emotionally charged atmosphere there.

Respectfully SBM. I agree, I've been thinking about that for a long time and posed a similar question yesterday as I hadn't seen it come up. We have no idea what or who was or wasn't observed, reported, or recorded (broken cameras or not - people have cell phone cameras and who knows if one was used) outside the church that morning and rather have just made assumptions that nothing was seen. Someone please point me in the right direction if there is an official statement or statements to the contrary. Keep up the good work kids, I'm impressed with your dedication.

I'm not finding that on their Facebook wall - is that a FB message that they responded to?

Private message. I personally have a couple they answered for me too. So I know it's real , it your right to believe or dis believe. Nothing to prove it is not.

Ditto. I actually agree with that assessment, now that I know what they are. SP's pants have always looked to me like they were tied/cinched (or stuffed into those clown shoes) at the bottom!

To help prevent leaving DNA at the scene?

Yes, I know exactly what your referencing. Also, recall BB stating in one of his media interviews that the gear was a shoddy attempt to look like LE but Spann describes the gear as being like what LE would wear.

The padded shorts remind me of my kids ice hockey uniform which does cause an odd walk.

Sorry, I'm switching topic for a sec. I asked someone today why it would be strange or not strange that MB's spouse didn't want to know how she was killed. His reply, "so he won't inadvertently blurt out how she died." And with the loose lips that seem to plague BB, that would make perfect sense.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

A lot of us mentioned the gym part a long time ago in the beginning threads. I truly think that the perp could have been a member at her gym.
Perhaps Missy was avoiding all social scenes if that was around the time she received the creepy msg on her LinkedIn.
The manager didn't publicly state that he observed anything other than MB being a bit off and not herself. She was good advertising for his gym. I think he would have involved himself if he saw someone bothering MB, hitting on her, or stalking type behavior. Her phone was unlocked. To me that suggests she wasn't trying to hide things. If someone were texting or sexting her MPD knows. Forensics can do a lot with deleted files. My suspicion is that it was a 'phone thing' Someone from her past? She was getting involved in city politics. That's a very nasty game.

Sorry, I'm switching topic for a sec. I asked someone today why it would be strange or not strange that MB's spouse didn't want to know how she was killed. His reply, "so he won't inadvertently blurt out how she died." And with the loose lips that seem to plague BB, that would make perfect sense.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I agree. I was rewatching the raw video interview of BB and RB yesterday (re: the shirt). This topic has been discussed here before, and again, I know everyone handles grief differently, but it was odd how they could just go on and on about the shirt and the dog. Also, BB went on and on about his alibi, etc. I understand he was asked direct questions, but he and RB were under no obligation to speak to the media in the first place (yet, BB has chosen to do so since the day of the murder). I could see saying something like “help us find the perpetrator and refer to what the police have said and released so you can help.” But it seems like BB thinks the more he talks, the less guilty he will look, but in fact, it’s the other way around… I just think if a person has a clear conscience, the person doesn’t feel the need to explain him or herself so much – immediately following a spouse’s murder. I could be wrong – MB had more than a few people who could have been jealous or mad/enraged, etc. – but I find the “over explaining” on BB's part to be fishy.

The manager didn't publicly state that he observed anything other than MB being a bit off and not herself. She was good advertising for his gym. I think he would have involved himself if he saw someone bothering MB, hitting on her, or stalking type behavior. Her phone was unlocked. To me that suggests she wasn't trying to hide things. If someone were texting or sexting her MPD knows. Forensics can do a lot with deleted files. My suspicion is that it was a 'phone thing' Someone from her past? She was getting involved in city politics. That's a very nasty game.

What do you mean by “phone thing”?

I have entertained the thought they may have returned as a first responder, Le agent either with MPD or an out side city or county or even posed as someone that was going to attend her class. Or a nosy neighbor. Only speculation and my own thoughts, not based on any personal knowledge.

I still think SP could have been at the crime scene with the outfit in their trunk. It's my personal opinion that MPD didn't check trunks, etc. and the killer was right there. mOO

I've wondered the same thing. Things could have been hectic and proper protocol not followed in an attempt to aid Missy before and during the time police first got there.

I have entertained the thought they may have returned as a first responder, Le agent either with MPD or an out side city or county or even posed as someone that was going to attend her class.
Or a nosy neighbor. Only speculation and my own thoughts, not based on any personal knowledge.

I still think SP could have been at the crime scene with the outfit in their trunk. It's my personal opinion that MPD didn't check trunks, etc. and the killer was right there. mOO

I brought this up in some of the very first threads and still continue to have a high level of curiosity regarding same.
The timeline and times that some of the peeps arrived after 911 calls have always been on my radar.

Another one of my personal theories is that SP took a certain pleasure in killing MB. In that light, I think (s)he reacted much the same as an arsonist typically might. I think SP wanted to see the chaos created by the discovery of the body. I think pleasure and satisfaction were derived from the frenzy, the sirens, the responders. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn at trial that SP returned to watch, even if only briefly, the havoc he created and savor the moment.

This has been my thought for a while now. With the way she was murdered I always thought the SP stayed somewhere close by to see s/he's handy work and the out come of what s/he just did.

I am going to post two frames from the video of what appears to be the same vehicle on 287. The first frame shows the vehicle heading southbound and the second shows the vehicle heading northbound. It appears to be a flat bed tow truck. You can watch this on the video with the truck going southbound from approximately the 1:00-1:05 mark and the truck going northbound at approximately the 2:41-2:45 mark. I would just let the video flow rather than just jump to those times but just be aware of the time so you can watch and see it yourself.

It is possible it is not the same vehicle. But if it is I wonder if MPD contacted any towing companies to see if any of their drivers recalled seeing that Altima in the SWFA lot.
Thoughts?

Southbound.

attachment.php

Northbound.

attachment.php
Nice catch! I would say it supports the car with water issues as I had to call triple A more than once for my Sybil. But it would be a no-brained to find the SWFA parking lot, so that's out...

Do we still have our paramedic members visiting this thread?
If so, can you tell me (us), do paramedics/EMT's or Fire crews wear BDU's?

The padded shorts remind me of my kids ice hockey uniform which does cause an odd walk.

:thinking: I was recently reading on the SWAT vest, on its weight and inches. One thing that stood out to me is that when first start wearing can throw off your balance! Jmho that could very well be what we are seeing with the Suspect's gait. Someone not use to wearing it,but wearing for both to look like a cop but also for protection. I saw from 18 to 55 pounds weight
"FREEDOM of MOVEMENT – is a function of the vest’s thickness or bulkiness, and design and fit. If you are hindered in the movement required, your vest can become more of a liability as well as an asset."

In sorting through license plates for Texas, it appears that certain years issued certain styles of plates.
Im wondering if that is one of the ways LE was able to narrow down this Altima being 2010-2012.
This specific style of plate didn't go into circulation until 2012 .

SNIP>
Introduced in July 2012, "The Texas Classic" is designed to provide Texans the highest public safety protection.

It is the first license plate in the country to feature two, high-visibility security threads embedded into the plate sheeting, making it easier for law enforcement to spot legitimate plates.
http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/license-plates

I do not wish to offend. If you consider yourself sensitive, please, scroll and roll. TYIA

Whether the vehicle in SWFA's parking lot is related to our SP or not only matters if the vehicle can be placed at the CCoC. Here is a hypothesis to consider.

Let's say that the car can be placed at the CCoC. We do not know yet how the Altima was attained but it is not the SPs usual vehicle. It may have been secretly purchased in LA. Whether the Altima is involved or not, for all practical purposes, we know SP was lying in wait somewhere in the SW area of the Church.

MBs purse and personal items are left inside of her truck. Hence, I timed how long it would take to exit a truck, open the tailgate then, perhaps, remove something lightweight then, unlock and open the first outer locked door at the SW Corner of the Church. Remember that the inside glass door is propped open. We see that propped open door in the video when SP marches over to the Dutch Door.

SP was well aware of the very narrow timeframe required to make this work. The only way the timeframe works is if there is no struggle. At 4:23, MB enters the building, I believe, within moments, SP aimed a laser light and shot once, as an expert marksman. The weapon causes some of the gait issues. SP is able to puncture with the tools after removing the dart in a determined effort to make it appear there was no shot at all. In other words, only the SP should know there was a shot and that the ammo is missing. SP is out of the building by 4:30.

SP removes themselves from the CS by exiting without being seen on camera again. SPs vehicle is in the back parking lot. SP drives away a full 4 - 5 minutes before the first camper enters the parking lot at 4:35am.
'Remove the dart'?
Ok, don't think I'm completely insane, but I just had a thought....with the timeframe being so small for the perp to have left the church and the class member that arrived early not seeing them....could the perp have been hiding inside the church?? Those ceilings, it's very easy to lift one of the squares or rectangles up and get into the crawl space.

OR the perp had someone waiting to pick them up. If there was no other vehicles in the parking lot ****though I seem to remember there might have been one but too far away to identify??**** Then how the heck did this perp leave?? They just vanished?? Beam me up??

Daggoneit, they left somehow!!!!

One scenario I find highly unlikely is that SP left, anywhere on unpaved surface. The soil in that part of TX is such heavy clay with such high elasticity that your foot sinks inches and you often almost lose your shoes with every step when it is saturated with rain. Plus no noticeable mud that would have been tracked in was seen anywhere.

I believe it is very possible for a person sitting in the front of the church (early arriver) to not see a vehicle (lights off?) leave the property along the other side of the church and onto the highway. There's hills and some pretty dense vegetation obscuring views there. They also very well could have their backs to the person leaving and probably be distracted by their phone, and sitting in a major rain storm. Perfect cover for slipping out of there. Even at 4:40 or 4:45.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member