TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather in the area the week of Missy's murder was stormy all week. The ground was soaked, the rain was torrential for several days of that week. Here's a blog from a local station.
http://www.wfaa.com/mb/weather/weather-blog-heavy-rain-in-north-texas/136970357 if you read down the page you can see those reports are for April 18.

I doubt that a person wearing that outfit or carrying a bag with that costume in it could make that hike in the lightning, rain and mud and come out looking pristine like the SP in the video.

That could be the escape route, however. Walk through the trees, meet up with accomplice car and leave out the dirt road.

I also think if they really thought it was untargeted, they would be telling the public to be on high alert that a murderer was out on the run. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the odds of a burglar being at the church at the same time as Missy and then deciding to murder her...and her husband just happens to be away that day? To me it sounds more improbable than other scenarios that have been put forth here. I tend to go with the family one because of some of the strange facts in this case and general statistics too...it seems like the simplest explanation. I don't discount the possibility that someone else known to Missy (outside her family) murdered her. I still like to read all these different theories because we have so little to work with and none of the theories is better than any other.

I feel that the Altima driver plays a part in the murder of Missy. I have a new question to ponder. If we were able to review the security cameras from the church (including outdoor security cameras) and the gun store for, let's say, 6 months prior to the murder, I wonder what those cameras would reveal? What I am trying to get at is that how many people have pulled into the parking lots at these two places? (at 2 a.m.) and flashed lights, circled, turned off their lights, etc. How many break-in's have been attempted? This horrific murder of Missy seems way too planned out for just a typical "burglary gone wrong."
I actually went to the gun store youtube site where they up loaded the video and asked them how typical that behavior was. They answered me, and said it was very uncommon behavior. I just went back to get the exact quote and their answer is gone. :gaah:

targeted or untargeted, a murderer IS out.. maybe not on the run, but certainly on the loose

EDIT: or maybe not even on the loose... if we're to infer meaning from LE's lack of a warning about a murderer at large, what would that meaning be? That the murderer is already apprehended? That the murderer is dead? If either of these things were the case, I'm sure something would have been said by now.

Sorry I should have clarified...they're not telling everyone they should be scared and that they think this person will strike again. IMO

bbm

Apropos: I read comments which said the Altima driver positioned the car at this certain lot because he could see the church in his rearview mirror .....

I agree about not saying how smart or sophisticated the killer is. I personally think this was not targeted and random and the killer is a warped .

Sorry I should have clarified...they're not telling everyone they should be scared and that they think this person will strike again. IMO

True, and that's important to note, I think... in fact, that's probably one of the most important pieces of non-information in this whole thing...

I think we find the FIL being in CA hinky because our first impression of the SP seemed like a larger person who matched his body type and gait. Then we saw his lack of emotion, and the FB post that he hated her, then him being out of town was a red flag. The fact is I think he is seldom here, being out of town is the norm.

Who runs his (RB) business when he does all this traveling?

One can only hope. However you must also consider the alternative, that the gimpy walk could have been caused on that morning, in the dark. If the perp injured his/herself it would be easy to call in sick and nurse a sprain and go unnoticed. There is also the possibility it was from the gear as Mimi has suggested or shoes to large as others have theorized.

I would love to believe that they are know and ID'd but I'm not holding my breath.

Of course all MOO.

And of course the gait could have been faked. The person knew they were on camera, so all they do should be suspect.

But a vehicle if any sort would've tracked a ton of mud into the parking lot. And if you hypothesize that they walked to prevent that, there wasn't mud all over the sidewalk outside the kitchen door. Or the broken windows.

And ATVs/4-wheelers/mud bikes are very loud. We have several acres and live a good ways off the road and never hear cars driving up and down the street, but let someone come down it on their ATV and we can hear it even out behind the house.

G
True, and that's important to note, I think... in fact, that's probably one of the most important pieces of non-information in this whole thing...

It's the one that makes me the angriest. Does MPD feel they have no obligation to say anything to the citizens for MONTHS about a murderer in the community?

Perhaps LE is not telling the public they should be scared because they believe that the killer didn't intend to kill that night. Maybe to LE, it does look like an interrupted burglary with a panicked, murdery response by SP.

I wonder if MB had played dead, would she have received fewer blows and survived?

I wonder if that first camper that arrived at 4:35 had gone inside to offer to help MB set up would she have survived with medical attention 25 minutes sooner?

LE saying the public shouldn't be scared could mean that it was a personal, intentional murder against MB specifically or that the killer isn't really a killer by trade. I favor the latter.

You would have to have recovered such a thing to trace it. If SP removed it and took it with them then all the ME might be able to tell is a possible calibre and from the injuries to tissues away from the point of impact or other injuries associated with the puncture wounds perhaps the impact velocity and depending on gun powder residue perhaps the distance the shot were fired, or whether it was fired with a sub-sonic load.

Maybe the puncture wounds were the murderer's attempts to recover a bullet from inside the body.

MPD has said they will not release the actual cause of death, which leads me to believe the puncture wounds from the hammer or pry bar were not what ultimately killed her. So if that's the case, why have those additional injuries? Hate/anger for MB? Didn't want MB's family to have an open casket funeral? Trying to keep police from knowing how she was really killed?

"Originally Posted by ocgrad I think we find the FIL being in CA hinky because our first impression of the SP seemed like a larger person who matched his body type and gait. Then we saw his lack of emotion, and the FB post that he hated her, then him being out of town was a red flag. The fact is I think he is seldom here, being out of town is the norm."

^bbm
Not trying to sleuth FiL and have no idea what kind of business he has or what his employment is.

But some RV full timers (IDK that FiL is a fulltimer) hold full time jobs or pt-time jobs yr-round. Some have seasonal jobs in two diff places, e.g., a winter job in southern state w mild climate and a summer job up north away from scorching southern days, maybe a month or two in between each gig. https://www.workamper.com/faq/workamper-faq A lot more flexibility than 40 (or 60) hr employees working in cube farms.

And some RV fulltimers own & operate their own businesses, only ''chained' to a certain locale, just winter or just summer.
Maybe some here already know this is not feasible for FiL to do w his business/employment. IDK & don't want to sleuth inapprop'ly.

Not trying to suggest FiL has any involvement, just commenting on significance or insignificance of FiL being hundreds of miles from Midlo. As always, JM2cts.

Perhaps LE is not telling the public they should be scared is because they believe that the killer didn't intend to kill that night. Maybe to LE, it does look like an interrupted burglary with a panicked, murdery response by SP.

I wonder if MB had played dead, would she have received fewer blows and survived?

I wonder if that first camper that arrived at 4:35 had gone inside to offer to help MB set up would she have survived with medical attention 25 minutes sooner?

LE saying the public shouldn't be scared could mean that it was a personal, intentional murder against MB specifically or that the killer isn't really a killer by trade. I favor the latter.

Had the first camper gone in at 4:35, they may have been killed along with MB. The murder was not captured on video, so there's no way to know if she was killed at 4:20 or 4:50. Likewise, we have no way to know when the murderer left the scene.

How did the campers who found her body get in? Was the door propped open, or did they have a key/card to get in?

For whatever it's worth, I think that critiqueing theories is precisely the point of this place. Not everyone sees things from the same perspective, and I owe it to you just as you owe it to me, due to our mutual interest in solving a murder, to give you my honest perspective on your theory, and vice versa.

My past dozen or so posts have been a combination of both critiqueing others' theories while postulating my own.
I've posted my thesis a few times, but it's a boring one, by comparison... I'll state it in its entirety:

I think the driver of the Altima is our SP, and I think he acted alone (and I think it's a he).

I think he was out on a mission to do some mischief, be it a break in or some other crime of opportunity. He was prepared for video cameras, and confident enough in his disguise that he couldn't be identified. I think he pulled into the SWFA parking lot with headlights off to prevent any other cars on the highway from knowing he did so. I think when he pulled around the far side of the SWFA and turned his lights off again, it's because he saw the headlights of another car coming up or down the highway. I think it's possible he was considering breaking into the SWFA, but decided against it. I think he waited until the coast was clear on 287 Northbound (not caring about southbound) so he could head back that way and pull into the church lot without being seen.

I think he broke into the church, and I think it took him a while to do so (maybe taking time to get dressed up beforehand, thus killing some time between 2 AM and 3 AM). I think the casual nature of his actions, and the implicit lack of a firearm, indicates he was there to cause mischief, maybe steal something, maybe just get off on pretending to be a cat burglar. I think that his stature, gait, and actions show no signs of professionalism at all. I believe he was not expecting company, and that MB confronted him, and in an act of desperation, he killed her with his hammer to avoid being caught at the scene. I also think he left immediately the same way he came in, fleeing in his vehicle.

If there were no CG class that day, and MB was never there, this would have been a simple break-in, and the video cameras at the SWFA probably never would have even been reviewed. If this were a murder-for-hire made to look like a burglary, and a professional job, at that, I would think that our SP would have looked a lot more like your typical burglar, hooded sweatshirt, mask with eye holes, etc. Anyone doing this professionally would probably have known that a person dressed in swat gear murdering a woman with a hammer in a church would make national headlines.

I think there's no good reason to believe killing MB was a financial decision, and I think there's no good reason to believe that family had anything to do with it, and LE, at least on the surface, outspokenly agrees.

I invite you to poke holes in my theory, because that's what this is all about. The last thing I want you to do is go on letting me believe what I believe, I would rather you convince me otherwise, because that's how people come to agreement.

Totally agree. Bravo. <modsnip> This has to be a random murder. That's why solving it is so much harder.

I don't see any recent activity with the business, I don't know but it doesn't look active to me. And its listed with only one employee.

Had the first camper gone in at 4:35, they may have been killed along with MB. The murder was not captured on video, so there's no way to know if she was killed at 4:20 or 4:50. Likewise, we have no way to know when the murderer left the scene.

How did the campers who found her body get in? Was the door propped open, or did they have a key/card to get in?

If MB was not killed almost immediately upon "walking in the door down the main hallway toward the area where SP was last seen until out of camera range" what are your suggestions for what might have been going on during that time?

Was SP unaware MB had arrived for some time? Possible in an interrupted burglary scenario. Not a planned murder where he would be waiting for her.

Was MB actually planning to meet SP before class for 10 or 15 minutes (like a tryst) and then he turned on her and murdered her? Not likely, he was already dressed up and on camera before she arrived and unless she had some BDSM/cop fetish, that outfit would have tipped her off to trouble.

Did SP let MB set up for a while while watching her before finally striking? Unlikely because letting her set up and go back and forth for 10 or 15 minutes would burn time he would need to get away before campers started arriving and adds way too many risks factors.

Was there a long, drawn out chase? Probably would have shown up on some camera. We have been told neither were seen again on camera.

Did the killing take 20 or 30 minutes? Again, that's burning time SP needs to get away before campers get there.

I think SP was long gone by 4:35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member