Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been really thinking of all possibilities, and I can't stop thinking about her praying, her ID, her SIM card, and those dumpsters.

If she started shooting up, maybe that was her secret. It was raining that night, right? Maybe she climbed in the Kaiser dumpster to get out of the rain. Maybe she overdosed in there. Maybe on purpose, and had her ID on her so she could be identified when they found her.

Im sorry I had to say that. :(
Maybe one of the 44 known violent registered sex offenders that live in the neighborhood played a part in her abduction. Maybe she was a government informant, maybe she.....

I think we've come up with all the possible scenarios at this point. Looking forward to getting more Intel from yesterday's and today's search while hoping for a possible lead on a suspect. In the mean time I worked to get KCAL 9 on scene yesterday, have contacted the Refuse Co for a schedule of dumpster pickups and drop off locations, printing maps of registered sex offenders in the neighborhood she disappeared from, cold calling local businesses and working on a podcast to expose this case on a broader spectrum. It's great to have such a platform like WS where we can all try to do a little something in helping the family, friends, and victims bring a loved one home. The family and friends of MG are asking everyone to spread the word in the media via SM/local newspapers/TV etc..

I have faith that this case will be solved and im hoping and praying for her safe return.

code4SAR

I think they are saying that whatever her secret may have been about, she was possibly afraid for her life???

I could be way off in my thinking. But that is how I took it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree. I also think she feared for her families life's as well. She couldn't open up to whatever it was in fear they would be hurt( JMO)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot it was during confession. That is interesting. I wonder if their confession hours were posted outside (or do all CC's hold the same confession hours?). I was raised catholic but can't remember.

IMO only, I think whatever happened has something to do with whatever her secret was. I don't think she "planned" on meeting anybody. I think whatever secret she was keeping, there could've been somebody watching and tracing her every move and possibly knew exactly where she was and she had no knowledge of this until it was too late. I hope I am wrong, but this is where I am with my thinking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have to take care of some things so will have to answer some questions later. Here is what I have so far (keep in mind, I have not even read the last two pages of the thread yet.) I will try to get back soon.

jnblsm, you have great ideas and I appreciate your questions and input, as well as everyone else's. I'll answer questions as best I can.

Was Mari on her monthly cycle when she disappeared? Don't believe so

Did she sometimes act very extreme during her cycles (hormones)? Not really

Could she have flushed her SIM card and battery? Did she use the church bathroom? Lori did not mention that there was a hit on the bathroom and she mentioned other rooms. The bathroom was locked when I was there, but it is possible. Jon's also has a bathroom.

Is it possible she climbed into the dumpster to hide but never made it back out? Anything regarding that dumpster is a possibility.

Myssij, the phone could have been smashed and taken apart by anyone. We are not even 100% sure it's hers. We only have the brother's word.

Vail, it is my understanding that a few months back she had an issue with a guy that she knew...right now, I don't know how. She apparently ran into him again at some point and got the impression that he was also delivering for PM. That whole issue is not real clear :(

The ex was a drug dealer. He seems to be throwing signs (or whatever it is called) on a couple of FB pictures. The family can't confirm that he was in a gang. She also lived with this ex for a period of time..but again, I don't know how long, I'm sorry. Per LE, he is currently in jail although I did not find him on Vinelink or any other site.

I thought backpage removed their adult ads here. I looked because that was my first thought.

I have not been in that area at that time of night but it is a pretty busy intersection. A diagonal crossing would have been dangerous.

IDK about the footage from GW. I asked yesterday if they had watched it longer to see if anyone else left. I am assuming the police did since they did review it. The family did not.

Using the drugs in the parking lot is a possible scenario. I don't think she went to the dumpster to do that, though, because there are other places closer to the GW. She would have had to hurry because she told Sarah she was only going out to smoke. If she'd planned to be gone longer, I'd think she would have told her she wanted to go look around the 99 Cent Store or shop at Jon's. Who knows, tho?

I will ask for a longer timeline. Things are kind of in turmoil right now. The brother is leaving for UC Davis tomorrow and he naively told a print reporter everything I had purposely held back. I am trying to get her to wait. If she doesn't agree, I will post everything here first.

From all indications, this was truly a random stop at GW. They were on the way home then Sarah suddenly remembered she needed the supplies. She saw Maricela put it into her phone.

I don't know about mailings. I will ask. PM is a food delivery service. Nothing to do with mail, though.

She was not on her phone at GW. Sarah watched her turn it off because it was playing music (mp3s? Someone calling? IDK)

Maybe one of the 44 known violent registered sex offenders that live in the neighborhood played a part in her abduction. Maybe she was a government informant, maybe she.....

I think we've come up with all the possible scenarios at this point. Looking forward to getting more Intel from yesterday's and today's search while hoping for a possible lead on a suspect. In the mean time I worked to get KCAL 9 on scene yesterday, have contacted the Refuse Co for a schedule of dumpster pickups and drop off locations, printing maps of registered sex offenders in the neighborhood she disappeared from, cold calling local businesses and working on a podcast to expose this case on a broader spectrum. It's great to have such a platform like WS where we can all try to do a little something in helping the family, friends, and victims bring a loved one home. The family and friends of MG are asking everyone to spread the word in the media via SM/local newspapers/TV etc..

I have faith that this case will be solved and im hoping and praying for her safe return.

code4SAR
WOW! You are amazing too! I agree, we've now thrown out most of the obvious possibilities.

We could even consider less scary reasons for her path choices. For example, when she tucked in behind the front entrance of Kaiser, maybe she was she just getting out of the rain. It could be completely benign.

Or when the dogs picked up her scent kind of zigzagging in the Kaiser parking lot. Maybe she was just looking for something she dropped.

Still, no matter what theories we throw out, her scent always ends at those Kaiser dumpsters.

There's some private property just on the other side of the wall. Did anyone knock on their doors and ask to search their backyard?

I believe she has the keys

Where was her car parked? Were there any vehicles parked nearby? Does her sister remember anyone hanging around that area as they went into the store?

http://abc7.com/news/tarzana-woman-vanishes-from-reseda-parking-lot/1702086/

Maricela Garcia's car was still in the parking lot with her purse and cigarettes inside.

"This behavior is completely spontaneous and it's not like her," Sarah Garcia said. "She wouldn't just leave me there. She wouldn't leave her car. It just doesn't make sense."

Sarah Garcia said her sister has a cellphone, but it has been turned off.

Los Angeles police said there was no evidence of foul play in Maricela's disappearance, but stated it's under suspicious circumstances.

Did she have her purse when she went into the store?

Did she have her purse when she went into the store?

No. She had her phone, keys and ID. Nothing else.

Does anyone have a pic of the goodwill parking lot where her car was parked. What else is around there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but I believe it was stated earlier that her ID was later found in her wallet, with the purse and cigarettes in her vehicle

No. She had her phone, keys and ID. Nothing else.

Does anyone have a pic of the goodwill parking lot where her car was parked. What else is around there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!! If you check all the pages of this thread, there are lots of photos and maps

Where was her car parked near the 99 cent store? If her purse was still in the car, why would she be going over to the 99 cent store? Does anyone know if she maybe relapsed? Did she go meet someone by the 99 cent store so her sister couldn't see and something happened? Did anyone check the security cameras at the 99 cent stores?

She was not on her phone at GW. Sarah watched her turn it off because it was playing music (mp3s? Someone calling? IDK)

Seems most likely that she received a call she didn't want to answer in front of her sister. Turning off the phone seems drastic vs. just putting the phone on silent.

I forgot it was during confession. That is interesting. I wonder if their confession hours were posted outside (or do all CC's hold the same confession hours?). I was raised catholic but can't remember.

I just looked through some photos of the church on facebook. Didn't see any signs where they could have posted confession hours, although churches often have those. There is no set time for confession across all churches. However, the confession time seems to be the same time at this church every week on Thursday night 7:15-8:15. She could have known the time or found it online. By the way, this is a big church.

we located another potential item of maricela's and the police came and picked it up. Again, it was not for sure but again, the family was certain.
It was in this parking lot that they believe Maricela got into a car...or, there is one other option.

Can you tell us what this item found was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend