Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 5m5 minutes ago
Sgt tried to call #Sierralamar phone abt 50 times the night she disappeared.

emiusacska thanks for the tweets

:blowkiss:

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
Re Sierra's phone being on network after 10 pm, Garcia-Torres was home. "It creates a rock-solid alibi for Mr. Garcia-Torres," Lopez says.
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 1m1 minute ago
"What they r presenting to u is not reliable," he adds.

Typical defense blah, blah, blah.

Her phone wasnt found the day she went missing, was it?

Why would there be highway beads in his vehicle if he was dragging her body outside of his vehicle?

So according to the defense all of this evidence was just a big old co-inky-dence or either it was planted? Hmmm riiight and the jury isn't going to believe that for a nano-second. How is it shaming evidence when AGT himself told LE that? Of course he was telling them he masturbated in case they should find his sperm in his car.IMO It shows he was already trying to cover his tracks.

I have served as a juror on five different criminal cases and I can assure you jurors do not buy into mere coincidences and they wont buy it in this one either. There are too many things that link him directly to Sierra and no matter his lame brain allegations they are not going to go away.

Sheesh, I am still having such a hard time posting on WS today.

@Rob Fladeboe kron4 ‏@KRON4RFladeboe 5m5 minutes ago
1st witness in #AntolinGarciaTorres murder trial, Deputy, testifies he called missing #SierraLaMar's cell phone 50 times. No one answered.

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
Questioning of Sgt is pretty dry stuff.

Off-topic nosey-me question for you, emiusacska. What is CSKA? I tried googling and all I can find is Sofia, Bulgaria football .... is that it?

Thanks for keeping us updated with the tweets here. :tyou:

If defense is going to try to assert Sierra is a runaway, how do they plan to do this? What would she have run away from? Most teens that run do so because of major issues within their family--Sierra's family life was pretty normal from what I can tell. And really, even if she had run from parental control or whatever, she was 15 and it's been nearly five years now. Wouldn't she be free to come home now? She'd be about 20 years old now if she were still alive...not subject to parental control or any other of the typical stuff runaways flee from.

I do not see any juror believing Sierra was a runaway or that she may still be alive.

Don't be surprised if he is convicted of the 3 charges of attempted kidnap ping or even lesser charges. But I still have my doubts about him being convicted of Sierra .
Living here and hearing things from the day it happened till now. And with the Bombshell of some of the DNA evidence now not being solid like the DA lead us all to believe. Makes me wonder. Along with the fact I said this from day 1 he does not seem smart enough to hide a body this well .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 2m2 minutes ago
Lopez: "With all this evidence, you're going to see the government evidence is destroyed."

tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 3m3 minutes ago
Turkey baster? Lopez says Defense expert will testify it is typically used to extract THC from pot w lighter canister, also in his trunk.

And he was known to be a drug dealer for n the area back then.

JDB, nothing really surprises me anymore in jury trials. But I don't think we can just throw in the towel based on what a defense attorney says in opening statement. I think we have to have faith that there is still a chance that justice will prevail. Otherwise, there is no sense in taking any case to court, imo.

Off-topic nosey-me question for you, emiusacska. What is CSKA? I tried googling and all I can find is Sofia, Bulgaria football .... is that it?

Thanks for keeping us updated with the tweets here. :tyou:
Yes CSKA is a soccer club.

JDB, nothing really surprises me anymore in jury trials. But I don't think we can just throw in the towel based on what a defense attorney says in opening statement. I think we have to have faith that there is still a chance that justice will prevail. Otherwise, there is no sense in taking any case to court, imo.
Well said! I agree completely.

I'm not throwing in any towel. I'm just not convinced and haven't been from the day they arrested him he did it. I'm from the area so I heard and read things that made me wonder. Now when Laci Peterson went missing from day 1 I knew Scott did it .

What a sweet little guy. Congrats, emi.

Some have said they had difficulty posting today. It seems to be a recurring problem for some of us. Not sure if this will help, but I usually am on an ipad and had similar trouble posting here last night. S-l-o-w letters would appear and be scrambled in wrong places, lost posts, etc. I cleared the history and restarted the ipad and have had not trouble (so far) today. Maybe try clearing your cookies/history and restart to see if it helps you, too. No guarantee. I also tend to have more trouble on threads with a lot of videos posted, fyi.
:fishy:

If defense is going to try to assert Sierra is a runaway, how do they plan to do this? What would she have run away from? Most teens that run do so because of major issues within their family--Sierra's family life was pretty normal from what I can tell. And really, even if she had run from parental control or whatever, she was 15 and it's been nearly five years now. Wouldn't she be free to come home now? She'd be about 20 years old now if she were still alive...not subject to parental control or any other of the typical stuff runaways flee from.

I do not see any juror believing Sierra was a runaway or that she may still be alive.

She ran away, but first she dragged herself across the pavement, then she took off all of her clothes, and ran away with nothing to her name.

I'm not throwing in any towel. I'm just not convinced and haven't been from the day they arrested him he did it. I'm from the area so I heard and read things that made me wonder. Now when Laci Peterson went missing from day 1 I knew Scott did it .

I am from the area too, and 100% believe he killed Sierra. I have been convinced about that since I found out about this case

I stop by here but I'm on twitter reading the tweets in real time. Perhaps, that's what some others are doing as well. Been waiting for this trial for a long time.

yep that's what I was doing also. Been waiting a long time ffor this trial and I absolutely hate trial by twitter

It seems like the def team is really simplifying things and making some stretches. I think it's a long shot that his fingerprints got on a battery from a package coming open, AGT repackaging it and the attacker purchasing that package to use in the stun gun. Very low probability of that happening. I guess that they are doing their job by bringing it up. *Stretch* imo

What an unlucky fellow. He is just doing a great job as a 'Go Back' guy, and then some thief uses the battery he put back in the store. Then he has to worry about all of the semen stained tissues he threw out of his car, which is such a normal thing for guys to do, right? ON top of that, the bumbling forensics lab mixes up all of the DNA mixed evidence, and it ends up looking like a match to him, of all people. And then to be unlucky enough to have his car seen in the area where a girl ran away from. Just his luck, she never returns home and then this poor guy gets blamed. What a run of bad luck, eh?

Can someone who actually does twitter and tweets please send a tweet to one (or more) or the reporters and let them know that we don't really care if questioning is "dry" we want to know what's going on and what's said. Twitter is the only way to really follow this trial and just because they think the questioning is "dry" does not mean we don't wan tto know about it. I just follow on my computer - don't have a twitter acct or I would. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708