Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was out back of Jons smoking, maybe met someone there, and they started following her from there. She came back through Jons and made a beeline to that church. From there we know the path, ending at the Kaiser dumpsters.

When talking about her behavior in the church, remember that the dogs tracked her scent into multiple rooms there. Was she looking to hide, or hide "something"? I just feel like her SIM card (or some other clue) is in that church somewhere.

I think she was out back of Jons smoking, maybe met someone there, and they started following her from there. She came back through Jons and made a beeline to that church. From there we know the path, ending at the Kaiser dumpsters.

When talking about her behavior in the church, remember that the dogs tracked her scent into multiple rooms there. Was she looking to hide, or hide "something"? I just feel like her SIM card (or some other clue) is in that church somewhere.

I agree that she met someone behind Jons, and I'm wondering if it was a drug deal. Perhaps she went to the church not for safety, but to use, as suggested in a post above.

That might explain why she was looking around the church and into rooms - maybe she was looking for a place to use the drugs. Maybe she bolted from the church because the person wanted to see her again, the deal wasn't complete and she was supposed to return to him but didn't, or she the drugs messed up her thinking.

For the moment, I'm thinking it was a deal that wasn't complete - she went to the church to use and then she was supposed to come back and "pay." The other person chased her into that back corner of the parking lot. I think she got into the car (not the dumpster). And, I am hopeful she is still alive and will be found.

Total speculation, just a current working theory, subject to change.

Hello-My first WS post. Sorry this info is a little stale (from Saturday) but I wasn't previously registered, although I've been following cases here for about a year. I attended the "search" last weekend. I'm hoping that by just being very general as to my experience (not naming names or relaying conversations), I won't violate any rules. There were a total of 8 people there plus another lady stopped by for a little while. We gathered in front of the GW and then went out in groups of 2. My team mate and I (were asked to) put up flyers from Lindley almost to Reseda on every light pole on both sides of the street, in CVS, and in several small businesses along Sherman Way. (Flyers were already posted in Jon's and Firestone.) Another group went towards Kaiser and a group went into the neighborhood behind the shopping center. I'm not sure about the other two. I live nearby but my daily route doesn't take me by there, so I don't know if the flyers are still up. All the people that we spoke to in the small businesses were kind and concerned.
You guys are all amazing and I'm happy to now be part of this community. I've learned so much from you and hope to make positive contributions in the future.
Mistivon, congratulations on your new endeavor!

I personally don't think Maricela was using drugs.

I agree that she met someone behind Jons, and I'm wondering if it was a drug deal. Perhaps she went to the church not for safety, but to use, as suggested in a post above.

That might explain why she was looking around the church and into rooms - maybe she was looking for a place to use the drugs. Maybe she bolted from the church because the person wanted to see her again, the deal wasn't complete and she was supposed to return to him but didn't, or she the drugs messed up her thinking.

For the moment, I'm thinking it was a deal that wasn't complete - she went to the church to use and then she was supposed to come back and "pay." The other person chased her into that back corner of the parking lot. I think she got into the car (not the dumpster). And, I am hopeful she is still alive and will be found.

Total speculation, just a current working theory, subject to change.

My excellent reading abilities must not be as great as I thought because I completely missed the fact that her scent was found in various rooms of the church. That sheds an entirely different light on things.

My excellent reading abilities must not be as great as I thought because I completely missed the fact that her scent was found in various rooms of the church. That sheds an entirely different light on things.
Me too! I thought it was just on the pew.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So do we all agree here, then, that we think somebody bad took her? If so, that speaks volumes...in AH's case I was the minority.

(Eta: Ftr: I do not have an opinion on this case as of yet. But what you guys are talking about, not taking belongings, etc is worrisome. There is the witness protection angle...not sure about that, though. Something with drugs. Bad people...)

You forgot about me already marg :(

Lol Jk

I was banging on in the Papini case about AH/Kibby, because I had a similar feeling. Not sure what I feel about what happened to Maricela but I do not believe she left voluntarily. The difference here is she was not on a usual route, not on her way to school/work, not jogging a regular route. They stopped at the GW spontaneously. I think the phone 'playing a song' is key, someone was trying to call and she didn't want to speak with them, either in public, or at all. Then she goes out to have a smoke. I think she went to make a call, or answer it when it rang again.

That information was revealed after the SAR dog search. It hasn't really been spoken of too much, but I feel it is very important in trying to figure out what happened next, and why.

That information was revealed after the SAR dog search. It hasn't really been spoken of too much, but I feel it is very important in trying to figure out what happened next, and why.

So if she was running into different areas, then she was possibly looking to hide. But was she hiding from someone who was after her? Or was she hiding so she could do something in private?

I have a hard time believing she was running from a kidnapper, because I think she would have asked for help inside the church. Why would she run out the side door if she thought someone was after her?

So if she was running into different areas, then she was possibly looking to hide. But was she hiding from someone who was after her? Or was she hiding so she could do something in private?

I have a hard time believing she was running from a kidnapper, because I think she would have asked for help inside the church. Why would she run out the side door if she thought someone was after her?

Possible reasons she was looking around the church:

* Looking for cellphone coverage - maybe the church was spotty?
* Looking for the bathroom (I think this was decided not to be the case, posted above)
* Looking for privacy - to either for a phone call or to use drugs
* General curiosity about the church, or perhaps not knowing where the sanctuary was
* Looking for a lost item. Perhaps she realized she dropped her phone and thought maybe it was in the church somewhere??
* Meeting someone
* Anything else?

My current hunch is that she wanted privacy to use drugs, but I'm open minded.

jmo

Possible reasons she was looking around the church:

* Looking for cellphone coverage - maybe the church was spotty?
* Looking for the bathroom (I think this was decided not to be the case, posted above)
* Looking for privacy - to either for a phone call or to use drugs
* General curiosity about the church, or perhaps not knowing where the sanctuary was
* Looking for a lost item. Perhaps she realized she dropped her phone and thought maybe it was in the church somewhere??
* Meeting someone
* Anything else?

My current hunch is that she wanted privacy to use drugs, but I'm open minded.

jmo

I still think the fact that confession was going on is highly relevant. She may have been looking around to see where the priest or priests were, and where people were lined up. It's pretty typical for a Church that size to have multiple priests located in different rooms/areas that are simultaneously taking confessions.

I still think the fact that confession was going on is highly relevant. She may have been looking around to see where the priest or priests were, and where people were lined up. It's pretty typical for a Church that size to have multiple priests located in different rooms/areas that are simultaneously taking confessions.

Yes, that is certainly a reason to add to the list. Thanks for the reminder.

Ah good morning everyone.(modsnip)

Balboa mom. WELCOME! I love seeing people join and post on Maricela's thread. Everyone here is so valuable and we can never have enough brains :)
My theory on the side door is that it basically was an escape route. If someone came in the main door, she had a quick exit. Why she ran onto Lindley and not Jon's, I have no idea. Maybe she was not thinking, scared, panicked.
About the church. I am about 50/50 on that. Half thinking that she went in there to hide. Basically thinking of the church as a safe place...an innocent who thinks no bad guy would dare come into the House of God to kill/abduct her. The other half thinking she went in there to pray/confess/beg God....she either knew she was about to use or disappear. Not quite sure.
I am almost certain there was something, tho, in that dumpster. IMO it is vital to get in there and find what it is. I truly hope the police will investigate although imo they are dismissing that dog much the same as they would dismiss a psychic. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me like a good tip they are not following up on :(

Has the idea that she may have been having a psychotic episode (drug related or not) been brought up at all? The women at the church asked if she might have been ill. Sometimes people use ill or sick as a euphemism when someone is acting strange. She may have appeared paranoid, jittery, panicked etc. I imagine the family knows if there is a mental health history. I'm so worried about Maricela. (I have been gone for several days and unable to stay caught up. I'm going back now to read)

It's possible they found out something and haven't shared it with you, and they are pursuing that lead. Let's hope!

The weird part about all of these theories is they all end up with her scent stopping at the Kaiser dumpsters.

So, why did it stop there? Why did she zigzag through the Kaiser parking lot, end up at the dumpster, then disappear?

All signs lead to being chased.... and caught.

Has the idea that she may have been having a psychotic episode (drug related or not) been brought up at all? The women at the church asked if she might have been ill. Sometimes people use ill or sick as a euphemism when someone is acting strange. She may have appeared paranoid, jittery, panicked etc. I imagine the family knows if there is a mental health history. I'm so worried about Maricela. (I have been gone for several days and unable to stay caught up. I'm going back now to read)

That is still on my list of possibilities. It may be projection on my part, because of my schizophrenic younger brother. But some of her behavior mimics the episodes he has had over the years. He has gone 'missing' a few times--running from people that he imagined were chasing him.

The weird part about all of these theories is they all end up with her scent stopping at the Kaiser dumpsters.

So, why did it stop there? Why did she zigzag through the Kaiser parking lot, end up at the dumpster, then disappear?

All signs lead to being chased.... and caught.

Or she was meeting up with someone and got into their vehicle?

That is still on my list of possibilities. It may be projection on my part, because of my schizophrenic younger brother. But some of her behavior mimics the episodes he has had over the years. He has gone 'missing' a few times--running from people that he imagined were chasing him.

I'm trying to remember the woman who went missing several years ago who it turned out had been having mental health issues. Heavily followed case. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82