OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear moderator.

Could you please guide me in setting the page rendering to mobile web? Right now I am using the desktop pages in my smartphone. It's a little annoying. My device is a Samsung Android.

Thanks !

When I pulled this up on my Samsung android, it gave me the option to download the mobile ap. Perhaps try settings while you have it pulled up on your phone? I have a "more" in right hand corner. Settings are under that.

Welcome 1othefew! Not sure if this is against TOS, but I'm very curious as to what you as a local who knew these people think happened? Feel free to be as vague as you want, or to not answer at all. I've been following this case since the very beginning and have no plans of stopping until I see that justice has been served and these killers get what's coming to them. My condolences and prayers to you and everyone else affected by this terrible tragedy.

I missed that tid bit. ... Gone look for it. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Please let us know if you find it. I don't recall it either. BUT we have had so much info, articles that happens. I will look when I get back home. Can't do much on a cell phone.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Something about this case makes me think of the movie Winter's Bone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I must agree. Winter's Bone takes place in the Ozarks, similar to Appalachia with lifestyles, economy, geography, people and families, communities.

Using the movie comparison, this case reminds me of a combination of "Winter's Bone" and "No Country for Old Men".

Although no arrests have been made and the motive is still unknown, it's commonly known that investigators are focused locally and hoping for more information from friends and family of the victims.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-murders-pike-county-charlie-reader/95768612/

In that sense, the long time frame seems reasonable. But social media and message boards are traditionally anything but reasonable.

"I never put a timetable on this case as far as solving it," DeWine said. "But I do believe it will be solved. We know a lot more today than we first knew."

Although no arrests have been made and the motive is still unknown, it's commonly known that investigators are focused locally and hoping for more information from friends and family of the victims.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-murders-pike-county-charlie-reader/95768612/

In that sense, the long time frame seems reasonable. But social media and message boards are traditionally anything but reasonable.

"I never put a timetable on this case as far as solving it," DeWine said. "But I do believe it will be solved. We know a lot more today than we first knew."

Thanks. It's been 10 months and law enforcement is still hoping for more information.

Do we have role to play here or should we leave it to investigators to solve it with friends and family. Is it going to happen?

What are you thoughts on this? I am thinking that a lot of people are still in the "Mexican Cartel" paradigm. This is why I think the broad discussion is useful. But how practical can it be at this point?

Quoting my post.

I thought this was telling, seems LE thinks it's local, which to me is saying it's personal. It wasn't one individual it was the whole family. If it was someone that was that familiar then that someone/s would have known that at least 2 children were there. jmo.

bbm

Thanks. It's been 10 months and law enforcement is still hoping for more information.

Do we have role to play here or should we leave it to investigators to solve it with friends and family. Is it going to happen?

What are you thoughts on this? I am thinking that a lot of people are still in the "Mexican Cartel" paradigm. This is why I think the broad discussion is useful. But how practical can it be at this point?

With the info released thus far, it could be anyone, from anywhere, with any motive. The possibilities are endless...

Quoting my post.

I thought this was telling, seems LE thinks it's local, which to me is saying it's personal. It wasn't one individual it was the whole family. If it was someone that was that familiar then that someone/s would have known that at least 2 children were there. jmo.

bbm
Well that's old news. Dewine and Reader even said in a previous story in that killers were local familiar with the family, their homes and their routines. And were at least 2. Need a link

Well that's old news. Dewine and Reader even said in a previous story in that killers were local familiar with the family, their homes and their routines. And were at least 2. Need a link

no, I just don't think it was a drug cartel.

no, I just don't think it was a drug cartel.

Furthermore. Reader never gave a motive but he said it wasn't drugs or stolen cars, it was "bigger than that" . See exact words in the WCPO interview posted earlier

Furthermore. Reader never gave a motive but he said it wasn't drugs or stolen cars, it was "bigger than that" . See exact words in the WCPO interview posted earlier

Seems odd that he knows what it's not yet doesn't know the who.

Seems odd that he knows what it's not yet doesn't know the who.

Either he doesn't know what he is talking about or he doesn't tell us everything. I am choosing the latter. Jmo

I believe Reader very much knows WHO. Think of all the evidence that goes into one murder before it goes to trial. Now multiply that by 8. Providing each case would be charged separately, that's 8 murder cases at the same time.

Either he doesn't know what he is talking about or he doesn't tell us everything. I am choosing the latter. Jmo

bbm I don't think he should have mentioned the grow operation. It wasn't something that needed to be said/known to the public at the onset.

I think Reader knows or suspects the "who". He may not have the right evidence needed though to arrest the person(s) responsible. Especially if they knew the family so well that if DNA, etc were found in the homes it could easily be explained. I think the last thing LE wants to do is make an arrest and then can't convict at trial.

I believe Reader very much knows WHO. Think of all the evidence that goes into one murder before it goes to trial. Now multiply that by 8. Providing each case would be charged separately, that's 8 murder cases at the same time.

I agree. This is not your typical case. There's four different crime scenes, eight victims, and probably one, or maybe even two, reasons why they were all murdered. I'm still leaning toward this being very personal. Even if the underlying cause did happen to start out of drugs, I think the end cause was personal.

One of the things that has bothered me was the windows of the trailers/camper being covered/boarded up before they were moved. That could have been done at the facility they were hauled to, they were wrapped after hauling. I see mobile homes being transported and never have the windows covered, I see boats transported that are wrapped. Just thought it odd that it was done before moved. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305