GUILTY OH - Alianna Defreeze, 14, Cleveland, 26 Jan 2017

How many miles away is his residence? Tia

His listed address, 3865 Colony Rd, South Euclid, is about 6-7 miles from Fuller

However I just read this

Who is Christopher Whitaker?
In 2012 Whitaker was evicted from an address on East 93rd, according to records. His last known address is South Euclid; however, sources said Whitaker was living off and on at a home on East 84th Street, off Superior Avenue in Cleveland.

East 84th is just over 3 miles from Fuller, but I'm confused because it's nowhere near Superior Ave?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/9412+Fuller+Ave,+Cleveland,+OH+44104,+USA/E+84th+St,+Cleveland,+OH,+USA/41.50329,+-81.54084/@41.4933477,-81.6268801,5079m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m18!4m17!1m5!1m1!1s0x8830fb46a0b8bf0b:0xf635503a5d6546b5!2m2!1d-81.620029!2d41.469215!1m5!1m1!1s0x8830fbbccda1920b:0x26fa86cea0b7c83d!2m2!1d-81.6288389!2d41.5058044!1m3!2m2!1d-81.54084!2d41.50329!3e0

Native Clevelander here -- E. 84th and Superior Ave. is roughly 4 miles north of Fuller Ave. See below map:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/9...7cc56c5e05!2m2!1d-81.6294832!2d41.5202653!3e0

His listed address, 3865 Colony Rd, South Euclid, is about 6-7 miles from Fuller

However I just read this

Who is Christopher Whitaker?
In 2012 Whitaker was evicted from an address on East 93rd, according to records. His last known address is South Euclid; however, sources said Whitaker was living off and on at a home on East 84th Street, off Superior Avenue in Cleveland.

East 84th is just over 3 miles from Fuller, but I'm confused because it's nowhere near Superior Ave?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/9...41.5058044!1m3!2m2!1d-81.54084!2d41.50329!3e0

One of those crimes that makes me so angry. Look at her. Beautiful, young, senseless. I will stop at that. We all know and can imagine the rest. Blows my mind. My study of people. My study of behaviour can be a heavy load.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Criminal Complaint: Christopher Whitaker purposely and with prior calculation cause the death of 14-year-old Alianna DeFreeze

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -
According to a criminal complaint on Jan. 26 while in the area of East 93rd Street and Kinsman Road, Christopher Whitaker purposely and with prior calculation cause the death of 14-year-old Alianna DeFreeze.

Whitaker, 44, was arrested Thursday in Mayfield Heights.

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=http://woio.images.worldnow.com/library/ed92587f-7923-454a-ae9e-831f2333bc46.pdf

glad he was caught. So many young ladies missing in OH - wondering if he was the perp. RIP sweet Alianna. What a horror :( My heart breaks for you and your family.

I came to the thread to ask what is wrong with people, but after reading the above link, I now feel compelled to ask WHY WAS THIS MAN FREE? 4 years for rape and attempted murder because it was whittled down to sexual battery and assault. Something is deeply wrong with our system and our society in general. Probably time to get off the internet...words fail me

I agree with you Meraxes! This man was a ticking time bomb. I don't understand how he was able to walk free. This should not have happened.

I agree with you Meraxes! This man was a ticking time bomb. I don't understand how he was able to walk free. This should not have happened.

And we see it over and over and over on WS. It seems like the most horrific cases all have an accused who has already PROVEN that he was an extremely violent and dangerous predator. Somehow, the come right back to harm, worse than before. When will the courts learn to believe someone when they show they are a danger to society.

This case is so, so, bad. I totally agree that the system is broken because this happens all too often that the courts will let these people plea down these charges of horrible crimes and then they fall in through the cracks because they either don’t register and if they do what does putting your name on a list really do?!?! Does it keep these people from going to places and looking at children, and then it escalating to them reoffending when I could’ve been stopped by not letting them free to begin with.
My heart goes out to this family and all of the families that these things happen to every minute of every day. I wish there was more that I could do to help with all of this, with the missing, the unidentified and the cold cases and the open active cases so if anyone reads this and needs help doing anything please don’t hesitate to ask!!! I work a lot but I will do anything to help in anyway with any spare time I have.
Prayers and love to all and to all the families out there that have been through this nightmare!!!!

I also wonder if there is any connection with the other murders in the area??? Any indication of this?

I also wonder if there is any connection with the other murders in the area??? Any indication of this?

Hi Shelli, a few pages back bessie had linked to another thread dedicated to discussing connections to other murders. See her post below.

Thanks for the question, ITD. We actually have a thread that was set up 3.5 years ago. It was in the SK forum, but I pulled it over here for The Killing Season. Here's the link.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12103554

We can use it to discuss the various cases, and preserve this one strictly for information on Alianna.

sexually [FONT=&quot]assaulting a woman, choking her unconscious and stabbing her in the neck with scissors.[/FONT]

I wonder if this is also what happened with Alianna as well, since multiple injuries was cited? Either way it's a horrible crime. :(

At first I thought perhaps it was a crime of opportunity but now after seeing "prior calculation" he must have known her bus route and habits. :mad:

He lives further way then I thought he would.

It actually makes sense though..........the distance from his home to the cluster of attacks I mean. He kept himself and his home out of the general area where police searches would be going on. That's why he had to use abandoned homes, the closest thing to privacy he could find, to avoid leading LE right to his front door. Due to the distance involved, he was never really in danger of getting wrapped up in a police dragnet, and a causal observation would make one think that maybe he was too far removed from the crime scene to be a serious suspect.

It just goes to show how much forethought and planning goes into these attacks by serial predators.

I was so surprised to see that he isn't from anywhere near that neighborhood, that lives in the eastern burbs. Somehow that makes it even more egregious. What is he doing down that way at 6:00 AM trolling for victims? I was not expecting it when they said south Euclid and where they caught him is even farther east.

But what you said makes sense. Maybe he's from that area. I imagine he'd have to have some comfort level.

Regardless- I'm glad that caught him so fast. That was also shocking. But I guess this victim was beyond the pale as far as taking advantage of a vulnerable person. It's nice to know cleveland does have a tipping point.

Most heartbreaking - her mom would wait with her at the bus until she could put her on it herself. She was doing everything she could. Eprep is a great place for her given the options generally had in the city. She did go to the campus closer to her house so it wasn't a really complicated bus trip. The second bus was maybe a mile ride - it was the original route I outlined above.

She would probably stop in McDonalds to get some food between busses. Not even safe walking 30 feet to a McDonald's for a sausage biscuit on your way to school. I love the article's description of it as the anchor in a neighborhood with "palpable malaise." Apt.

Maybe the city will get some useful attention that it needs now. It's not all Lebron and sports championships and sunshine and unicorns like they try to have people think. It's a city within it's own opposite. As much as good things have come, so have equally bad.

I hope he gets the full treatment while he waits in county jail. Disgusting.

Thinking about her mom just kills me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6-7 miles as the crow flies but actually driving from one to the other could take anywhere from 20 min or an hour in traffic if it's really bad. It's not a convenient drive.

Do they have DNA from the other 93rd victims? (Apologies if this was covered. I just read through the six pages I missed on my phone!)

Just learning more about this case. Glad they arrested him.

If he is tied to other attacks then I have to question why he was not identified sooner and may have prevented other attacks.

I hate to think that LE just didnt do their job but I do have to question that. Sometimes I wonder how aggressive they are in doing the leg work to make sure they follow through with testing samples found at crime scenes.

DNA testing has been around for awhile now and we know it sometimes takes time to get results. With that said it should be no excuse to not be aggressive in pursuing the use of it and making sure they follow through.

Time will tell if someone dropped the ball here.
The sad part is if we do find out someone sat on something then it could have prevented other victims from being attacked.

Oh oops. Here is my question.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/02/man_charged_in_alianna_defreez_1.html

[FONT=&quot]But Cuyahoga County Jail records show that Christopher Whitaker, the man accused of killing Alianna, was jailed during two of the four other slayings that Reed cited. In the other two cases, he was days away from being arrested in unrelated cases.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cleveland police on Friday said that they've tested Whitaker's DNA against DNA in the CODIS cold-case crimes database and found no matches in any other major crimes, although the data is still being analyzed.[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back