GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Stewart was a 'self referral'

She tells the court: “Ian Stewart was a self referral. There was a meeting in advance of this, on May 9, but my first dealing with him was on May 18. “At 2pm on May 18 I went to the address in Baldock Road, Royston and I was with a student social worker. “When we got there we could see police were already there. I parked my car on the grass, which is what Stewart told me to do. “Stewart invited us into the house - two police officers were just coming out and they introduced themselves to us. “He asked us to take our shoes off and we went into the lounge.”

Memory 'wasn't very clear'

“Stewart just started talking about Helen going missing on the assumption I knew all about it, but I didn’t know everything about it. “He continued to tell us the events of Helen going missing. He said his memory wasn’t very clear from either before or after her going missing. “He said she walked with the dog down a lane near to their home. “His recollection of this seemed clear to me.”

[video=twitter;828555943826817025]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/828555943826817025[/video]

Gill Currey adds: “Stewart told me Helen had told him she was going to Broadstairs. “He said he could clearly remember on that day, that she walked down the lane with the dog, and he assumed she was going to Broadstairs. “After that, I asked him why he thought this. He said she wanted some time on her own. “Stewart said she didn’t appear to have any bags with her.”

Gill tells the court that Stewart told her that Helen had left him a note, saying she had gone to Broadstairs. She added: “I asked him basically how he felt with Helen being missing. I asked if there were any arguments or problems leading up to her disappearance. “He said he couldn’t remember.

Ian Stewart was a 'self referral'

She tells the court: “Ian Stewart was a self referral. There was a meeting in advance of this, on May 9, but my first dealing with him was on May 18. “At 2pm on May 18 I went to the address in Baldock Road, Royston and I was with a student social worker. “When we got there we could see police were already there. I parked my car on the grass, which is what Stewart told me to do. “Stewart invited us into the house - two police officers were just coming out and they introduced themselves to us. “He asked us to take our shoes off and we went into the lounge.”

I make my children take their shoes off, but I'd never dream of asking adult visitors, especially officials of any sort, to do so. It seems very rude to me. Wouldn't you have an entrance and passage to tiled / washable floor if it bothers you so much? Was he asking the police to take theirs off too?

Couple 'planned to marry'

“There was conversation that Stewart and Helen were planning to get married in September 2016. “He didn’t answer all of my questions. “I asked him if he attempted to contact Helen since she’d left, he said no and that her phone was switched off. “I said how would he know the phone was switched off, if he hadn’t attempted to contact her? “He didn’t respond to this.”

[video=twitter;828558006283538432]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/828558006283538432[/video]

Gill said Stewart had also planned to go on holiday with Helen to Spain. After her disappearance Stewart told her that he couldn’t cancel the flights, but the hotel had been cancelled, the court was told. Gill added: “I found him to be very matter of fact when talking about Helen going missing, there was no emotion and at one point he put his head down in, what appeared to me and my colleague, an effort to make himself cry. “I spoke to my colleague about this afterwards. Overall we were with Stewart for about an hour.”

“There was conversation that Stewart and Helen were planning to get married in September 2016. “He didn’t answer all of my questions. “I asked him if he attempted to contact Helen since she’d left, he said no and that her phone was switched off. “I said how would he know the phone was switched off, if he hadn’t attempted to contact her? “He didn’t respond to this.”

Bloody good point!

No wonder this witness has been left until near the end...very damming stuff...if even the nurse is picking the flaws up in his story. He stated he hadn't contacted her AND her phone was switched off. He knew it was switched off hence stating it like a fact...

Gill said Stewart had also planned to go on holiday with Helen to Spain. After her disappearance Stewart told her that he couldn’t cancel the flights, but the hotel had been cancelled, the court was told. Gill added: “I found him to be very matter of fact when talking about Helen going missing, there was no emotion and at one point he put his head down in, what appeared to me and my colleague, an effort to make himself cry. “I spoke to my colleague about this afterwards. Overall we were with Stewart for about an hour.”

BIB - looks like Gail/Gill's testimony could well be the final straw we've been wanting. Would still like more from the computer peeps though.

“Stewart said that he wasn’t sleeping well at night, and that he spent his time asleep on the sofa during the day, and watching TV. “He was keen that I should speak to his GP and the police about how the visit went that day. “That wouldn’t be normal for us to do that. “At that point I didn’t feel there was a need for continued interaction with Stewart, I went back to the team and asked for one of the team leaders to come with me on my next visit.”

[video=twitter;828559626832601088]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/828559626832601088[/video]

“I wanted to discharge Stewart from my service, so on May 23 we went back again to his house together with a colleague of mine. “On this occasion he said he was fed up with the police coming round. “I asked what he had been doing since our last meeting, and he said the same as last time, spending time either sleeping during the day or having the TV on. “As to his behaviour, his body language and what was said, I still found him to be quite emotionless and he was quite relaxed and matter of fact discussing Helen.”

( GCurrey has better things to do, real M.Health crises....)

“Stewart said that he wasn’t sleeping well at night, and that he spent his time asleep on the sofa during the day, and watching TV. “He was keen that I should speak to his GP and the police about how the visit went that day. “That wouldn’t be normal for us to do that. “At that point I didn’t feel there was a need for continued interaction with Stewart, I went back to the team and asked for one of the team leaders to come with me on my next visit.”

Mr Manipulative strikes again. Basically their visit was a means to an end to him. He just wanted them to report back to police to excuse him from further police interviews. Thank God she was on the ball.

"...an effort to make himself cry."

That makes me feel so deeply sad. She loved him so much she wanted to share everything with him, and he can't even cry for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0