Deceased/Not Found NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought about a sexual assault by one of both being the reason or the COD being different than what they claimed. Without minimizing, strangulation just seems to be a less gruesome option to those I can see these 2 being involved in. LM's comment about how strong SS is, unless SS was caught off guard from behind, I can see her holding her own with this creep (unless there was someone else there). It will be interesting to see what comes out at LM's hearing. For now it seems that PT is the one talking, and yet, LM told the witness PT was the one to be feared. I think it's possible PT played a larger role than what he is admitting to. JMO

Going back to the safes, IIRC it was reported that "pieces" of clothing were inside. I wonder if they could have been items that belonged to SS's mother and she was safeguarding them given their obvious sentimental value to her. Unless they had been unable to open the safes at her home, I don't see the point in taking them. I'm just having a hard time getting into the minds of psychopaths, so I'll just stop.

I totally agree on two points you make here. First being, they couldn't open the safes so they took them from the home. I think since they were friends with SS, they must have known there was $ in them, however, since they couldn't open them, they didn't know what the contents were exactly. Secondly, I agree with your interpretation of clothing. I think we may be taking "clothing" too literally. Yes, clothing could mean a t-shirt, but could also be referring to designer or sentimental items that were of value and warranted safe keeping.

I am hoping we will have a better understanding of the timeline of the day SS was murders once LM has his hearing, because I am not 100% sold that LM went to the bank with SS. As I read in comments either here or on a news website, it's possible when LM called PT to say he was "at the bank" he was referring to being at SS home because he knew she had the $ in her home, thus assuming it was in one of the safes he took from the house.

Yep. IMO he deserves to be punished severely. There's no other words to describe him (that aren't against TOS) but מִפלֶצֶת ! Monster!

You know what they call them in Zulu? Monster, don't believe me look it up [emoji6]

That word bridges so many languages....

I totally agree on two points you make here. First being, they couldn't open the safes so they took them from the home. I think since they were friends with SS, they must have known there was $ in them, however, since they couldn't open them, they didn't know what the contents were exactly. Secondly, I agree with your interpretation of clothing. I think we may be taking "clothing" too literally. Yes, clothing could mean a t-shirt, but could also be referring to designer or sentimental items that were of value and warranted safe keeping.

I am hoping we will have a better understanding of the timeline of the day SS was murders once LM has his hearing, because I am not 100% sold that LM went to the bank with SS. As I read in comments either here or on a news website, it's possible when LM called PT to say he was "at the bank" he was referring to being at SS home because he knew she had the $ in her home, thus assuming it was in one of the safes he took from the house.
I agree on your thoughts about the bank. I wonder how and when LM and TP first came to know about the safes at her home. Clothes in one safe made me wonder if money wasn't the only motive here, maybe there was some kind of evidence on them? Why didn't LM move Sarah while he was there instead of calling TP to go over and do it? Her missing poster says she weighs 130 lbs so to carry her out of the bushes, over a fence, into a car, out of a car and over a bridge had to be very hard to do and wouldn't be silent, even with adrenaline. A lot of questions still and honestly, after seeing the boys interviewed the day of the search, how does anyone know if they're still lying?

I actually hung out with this LM father when I was a teen about 16 .. 2 of them Quinn was his name and Stewart the other...They were in a band together...it was a great time in my life..I can't even believe this has happened. I don't know him now or of his wife or kids but what I know when I was a teen we hung out together.

So far , Preston has admitted to disposing of human remains . He's admitted that he knew of this plan to kill Sarah for six months. If that isn't a monster,I don't know what is!
That is truly a cold-blooded murder. The chance he would kill again is 100% imo. He better go away for LWOP.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Just to inject my personal opinion - these are 2 dim bulbs.
I know they planned it (or at least fantasized about it) for 6 months. But by what we know they never formulated a plan. What plan would include;
"leave the body" "
ask the partner to remove the body"
Toss the body under a bush and leave it for 8 hours"
"leave your phone behind"
"look for the phone"
Go back and look for the phone"
"never find the phone"
Go back to get the body"
( Now what?)
"toss the body over a fence"
"Put the body in a car and drive it to the bridge"
"Toss the SARAH over"

My feeling is that they had no plan. They wanted to, thought about it, fantasized, much like their videos, but had no actual plan. Then the money. SO he did it and got the co-fantasizer to help.
But there was no plan IMO. I think they did toss SARAH over the bridge after all that time and farting around thinking that suicide seemed like it was believable.

Maybe they thought she would be found quick and it would be accepted as suicide.

IMO they thought if they made it look like some kind of sexual orientation confusion then the suicide might make sense.

They definitely did NOT have an alternate detailed plan to dump her somewhere and leave the car a s a huge Red Herring.

They are not that smart.

They wasted too much time and took too many chances. Typical disorganized killing, IMO

She is in the water.

2 dim bulbs.

MOO

Just to inject my personal opinion - these are 2 dim bulbs.
I know they planned it (or at least fantasized about it) for 6 months. But by what we know they never formulated a plan. What plan would include;
"leave the body" "
ask the partner to remove the body"
Toss the body under a bush and leave it for 8 hours"
"leave your phone behind"
"look for the phone"
Go back and look for the phone"
"never find the phone"
Go back to get the body"
( Now what?)
"toss the body over a fence"
"Put the body in a car and drive it to the bridge"
"Toss the SARAH over"

My feeling is that they had no plan. They wanted to, thought about it, fantasized, much like their videos, but had no actual plan. Then the money. SO he did it and got the co-fantasizer to help.
But there was no plan IMO. I think they did toss SARAH over the bridge after all that time and farting around thinking that suicide seemed like it was believable.

Maybe they thought she would be found quick and it would be accepted as suicide.

IMO they thought if they made it look like some kind of sexual orientation confusion then the suicide might make sense.

They definitely did NOT have an alternate detailed plan to dump her somewhere and leave the car a s a huge Red Herring.

They are not that smart.

They wasted too much time and took too many chances. Typical disorganized killing, IMO

She is in the water.

2 dim bulbs.

MOO

Well, no body yet so they may have had a plan that hid the body one place and put the car on a bridge for suicide.

It's not logical that they threw her body off a very busy bridge . That's not like throwing out your fast food bag. The time and effort needed to do that is illogical to think they could do it in seconds. It's a populated area. It makes more sense that she is dumped in a ravine or woods etc...or even dumped into water but not off the bridge.

They obviously knew time was on their side and that no one would be at the house.

I agree. Handling a 130# body and getting it out of a car and up and over the railings on that bridge, right at the crest, in a very visible area where people can look out of their condo windows and have a direct view of the lit bridge.....seems too time-consuming.
Well, no body yet so they may have had a plan that hid the body one place and put the car on a bridge for suicide.

It's not logical that they threw her body off a very busy bridge . That's not like throwing out your fast food bag. The time and effort needed to do that is illogical to think they could do it in seconds. It's a populated area. It makes more sense that she is dumped in a ravine or woods etc...or even dumped into water but not off the bridge.

They obviously knew time was on their side and that no one would be at the house.

I'm conflicted by this, honestly. To dedicate some place she was murdered creeps me out. I love the idea but it's the reality of it I don't think I can support.

I'm conflicted by this, honestly. To dedicate some place she was murdered creeps me out. I love the idea but it's the reality of it I don't think I can support.

Perhaps well-meaning, but too soon, as well as bizarre, to my mind.

I agree. They would've had ample time to put her a number of places that would've been less traveled. The longer they left her at the home, the harder it would've been to cover their tracks. IMO, if she was in the vehicle, LE has concrete evidence supporting it. I just can't see them putting her in the front seat and not being concerned about DNA being left behind. But I'm not giving them a lot of credit for being that bright. JMO

Why would he want to kill her?
Plan for 6 months?

Why?

Yes. I think it is a very well-MEANING effort, but not well thought through. I'd rather see a scholarship for a gifted artist or something from happier times. I doubt Mr Stern would support this, either. It is a sad place. Even though I don't think she was thrown over that bridge, I will always think of her when I drive over it....forever. I think naming the bridge is morbid, too. But I do think someone was trying to do something nice...

Yes. I think it is a very well-MEANING effort, but not well thought through. I'd rather see a scholarship for a gifted artist or something from happier times. I doubt Mr Stern would support this, either. It is a sad place. Even though I don't think she was thrown over that bridge, I will always think of her when I drive over it....forever. I think naming the bridge is morbid, too. But I do think someone was trying to do something nice...

^^^^
I agree exactly

Wow. I have only been on Websleuths since late December, sparked by an interest in two cases.
Tonight I saw a headline scrolling across the main page when I logged on the site and was intrigued, so opened it.
I have to share it, as everyone needs good news every now and then AND one of the contributors on THIS page, Sarah's page, is the person who solved the case, bringing a son some long-sought closure. It is really remarkable. Great job, KaylaraOwl. Incredible, selfless work! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-80-*Joaquin-Moreno*&p=13116862#post13116862

Why would he want to kill her?
Plan for 6 months?

Why?

Not entirely sure, but I'm starting to think that perhaps money was only secondary to something much more nefarious.

When these monsters were first arrested but before additional details came out, I theorized LM erroneously believed Sarah was still in FL, went over to her house thinking it was empty, was surprised when he realized she was home and killed her to eliminate the witness.

Now the above scenario is least likely ("Doyle said McAtasney planned the attack on Stern for at least six months"; "'I'm at the bank. I'm going to do it now. I'm going to take her out'" -BBM-). While it could be argued LM needed Sarah in order to gain access to her bank account and/or safe deposit boxes, multiple reports indicate the boxes were stolen from the home. If the only thing he was after was cash and other valuable, he could have easily gotten his hands on those things without having to murder a lifelong friend.

From "helping" with the search for Sarah to the video in which he attempts to kiss a young boy and then tells him to take his clothes off before pushing him down (this seriously made me nauseous), I get a really creepy vibe from LM. There is something very wrong with this dude.

I think LM's main objective that day was to kill, which probably was something he had long fantasized about. Sarah was easily accessible, and sure, money would be a nice bonus, too.

Now as to the location of Sarah's body, LM's attorney has said, "It does create a problem, if they don't have a body, if she shows up in three weeks and says this is all part of a joke.'' PT very well could have been aware of this prior to confessing, so it is reasonable to at least suspect he might have lied about where she can be found in order to protect himself as well as LM. As suggested by others, I, too, believe it is possible that they did something to her or her body that they are not willing to admit to because that would be too humiliating to them. Further, if there was any sort of sexual contact between Sarah and either one or both of them, they wouldn't want any evidence of that found as that would lead to additional charges; for PT, especially, I think this would be of utmost importance, as his current position is he was only an accessory after the fact. I think it's quite possible Sarah is in the water, but because of the reasons above, as well as certain peculiarities about their behavior (e.g., burying the safes), I'm not quite convinced.

I applaud the investigators in this case for getting these two in custody in a timely manner -relatively speaking; I'm sure it has seemed like an eternity to Mr. Stern-, and for gathering enough evidence in order to do so.

I think the prosecutors are going to be very careful about possibly offering PT a plea deal as I believe his role in the crime may be much more significant. I think they are very aware of this and thus doing a great job of keeping everything close to their vests, while also realizing that there is much more to be uncovered.

Quotes found at:
http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/02/preston_taylor_appears_in_court.html
http://www.app.com/story/news/local...rah-stern-missing-suspects-in-court/97390470/

Just passed the bridge. Was shocked by how many cars driving by. Also appeared to me, friend, and bf that in no way would it be high enough to ensure death (although we know she was killed prior). It also seems very odd that they would not be seen or that the body would not be found at this point. Awful story. Especially awful seeing the location. Makes no sense. Speculating they did not throw her from bridge. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288