Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

Hi Leese. No worries about today. I ended up almost passing out from the heat, lack of sleep and hunger, so you didn't miss much :( Hung a lot of flyers and talked to alot of people, although two of our targets could not be located. Mr. Mistivon is going back tonight to see if they are around. If you want to come search tomorrow, that's great although it will probably just be the five of us. We can either stay in one group or split up into two. The plan is to search the brush and homeless camps along Woodley and Burbank in the Sepulveda Basin. After that, there's a few other areas I'm interested in and would love to hear suggestions. If there is any way you can PM me, I'll give you my cell number and can take yours if possible. I changed the search time to 11:00 AM because something came up for me at 10:00 AM. I should definitely be there then, but if not, the most awesome Balboa Moon (Mom) will get things started. Can't wait to bounce theories, ideas and suggestions off you, too!
I have no idea why friends are not helping with the search. As I mentioned awhile back, Mari's friends were more Sarah's friends. Not sure how much they actually cared for Mari and if they would take time out of their busy lives to help with a search. I told the family that this weekend, I did not want them searching. I didn't want Sarah walking around in the location we were in today for safety reasons. I don't want any of them helping tomorrow. On the off chance we do find a deceased Mari, I would never in a million years want the family to be the one to find her.
Dally-doodle, those are great ideas. Certainly it is possible she was trying to get cell service and it is also possible that she changed the meeting place to Kaiser (if she was indeed meeting someone). Early on, I reviewed the FB profiles of those following and liking the page. However, it has been awhile since I did that so I will defintely put that on my neverending to-do list :) That is a wonderful suggestion and I very much appreciate it.
Sensitivechild, thank you for your kind words. I know some have said that I should step back but when I get that midnight call from Sarah who just woke from a dream about her sister or the text from the big brother asking if there was ANYTHING else I could do or anything he could do to help me, I just have to help. Despite the family's lack of public involvement, they each contact me regularly and ask if I can help in some way. I have made it very clear that I would never disrespect their family and would back off at any time if they wanted me to. They say they need me and all I can do is what I can do. It's frustrating when I realize they are not being forthcoming about something but I trust they have their reasons. And despite all that, what it boils down to is a beautiful young girl who is lost and may not have many people she can count on. God forbid I went missing and because of my mom's flakiness/evasiveness, no one wanted to help search for me. It is not Maricela's fault that we may not be being given all the information necessary to find her and I have to do the best I can with what I have. But please don't thank me. I am only doing what my heart says is the right thing.
Bessie, you got it! Once we informed the people we met that Mari was missing, we shut up and listened. Everything that happened today has already been turned over to the PI. Thank you so very much for your help and support throughout everything. And nobody needs to worry...Mr. Mistivon would not let us go anywhere we were not safe and he is Mr. Mother Hen :)
Again, thank you, too Steph and everyone else. But really, I am doing nothing amazing or deserving of thanks. I am only doing what I hope someone would do for me.
Now I am off to work for the next 6-7 hours then to bed. Can't afford to be feeling as if I'm going to pass out tomorrow. We have too much down and dirty work to do :)

Awesome is right! Keep on truckin', but be SAFE. All of you! If you encounter people on the street -- and I'm not endorsing that action -- but if you do, keep ears open and mouths closed. Then report findings to LE and the PI. Thanks to everyone for your efforts. :thumb:

This is such great advice about keeping your eyes open and mouths closed...brings back really bad memories during Jessica Ridgeway's case when I hit the streets, heard some folks saying bad stuff in a bar one time, it didn't end well...it was such a dark time in my life, like a real life horror movie, everyone was a suspect as far as I was concerned, even people I knew, gah, o/t...

Sending positive thoughts from Colorado! :candle:

Ps so glad you got to talk with Maricela's mom.

best of luck tomorrow. stay safe

Mistivon, I have no words to offer except, be careful and good luck. Your perseverance is such a blessing here. It reminds me of our local young lady who went missing .... took a very long time to find her (and it did not end well) . But we had so much local assistsnce. I wish you had the same type of help and support.

Take care of yourself so you don't end up too run-down and get sick. That is so important and easy to forget. :hug:

Mistivon, I have no words to offer except, be careful and good luck. Your perseverance is such a blessing here. It reminds me of our local young lady who went missing .... took a very long time to find her (and it did not end well) . But we had so much local assistsnce. I wish you had the same type of help and support.

Take care of yourself so you don't end up too run-down and get sick. That is so important and easy to forget. :hug:

(Yes, wise words. I got sick....still am lol)

Eta: Spellbound, you always have such caring posts, thanks for being here for all of us!)

Okay, I just had a crazy idea...I brought up The Killing Season earlier, about how it was said on that show that the girls are often used to do the runs, as well as fall victim as part of sending a message to others (turf wars, etc.)...what about contacting the lady who was talking about this? The one she called "her girls"...losing battery crap. She worked trafficking in CA iirc? Nevermind brain fart that was NM, nevermind

Mistivon your such an amazing person for searching so hard and I hope she's found. When I was 13 my best friend was murdered and I thought for so long his body was buried in Porter ranch. They searched the area and no signs and now it's completely developed with new houses. He was never found. I found out from a mutual friend 8 years ago that he was buried in the dessert by Lancaster and it's 24 years later as of this February 13th. It absolutely breaks my heart he has never been found so I appreciate you and think your incredible. This family is so lucky to have you! Also in this situation it was a drug deal gone wrong or possibly a robbery for money that they thought he had. Either way the case was never solved and I am still heart broken.

Hi Leese. No worries about today. I ended up almost passing out from the heat, lack of sleep and hunger, so you didn't miss much :( Hung a lot of flyers and talked to alot of people, although two of our targets could not be located. Mr. Mistivon is going back tonight to see if they are around. If you want to come search tomorrow, that's great although it will probably just be the five of us. We can either stay in one group or split up into two. The plan is to search the brush and homeless camps along Woodley and Burbank in the Sepulveda Basin. After that, there's a few other areas I'm interested in and would love to hear suggestions. If there is any way you can PM me, I'll give you my cell number and can take yours if possible. I changed the search time to 11:00 AM because something came up for me at 10:00 AM. I should definitely be there then, but if not, the most awesome Balboa Moon (Mom) will get things started. Can't wait to bounce theories, ideas and suggestions off you, too!
I have no idea why friends are not helping with the search. As I mentioned awhile back, Mari's friends were more Sarah's friends. Not sure how much they actually cared for Mari and if they would take time out of their busy lives to help with a search. I told the family that this weekend, I did not want them searching. I didn't want Sarah walking around in the location we were in today for safety reasons. I don't want any of them helping tomorrow. On the off chance we do find a deceased Mari, I would never in a million years want the family to be the one to find her.
Dally-doodle, those are great ideas. Certainly it is possible she was trying to get cell service and it is also possible that she changed the meeting place to Kaiser (if she was indeed meeting someone). Early on, I reviewed the FB profiles of those following and liking the page. However, it has been awhile since I did that so I will defintely put that on my neverending to-do list :) That is a wonderful suggestion and I very much appreciate it.
Sensitivechild, thank you for your kind words. I know some have said that I should step back but when I get that midnight call from Sarah who just woke from a dream about her sister or the text from the big brother asking if there was ANYTHING else I could do or anything he could do to help me, I just have to help. Despite the family's lack of public involvement, they each contact me regularly and ask if I can help in some way. I have made it very clear that I would never disrespect their family and would back off at any time if they wanted me to. They say they need me and all I can do is what I can do. It's frustrating when I realize they are not being forthcoming about something but I trust they have their reasons. And despite all that, what it boils down to is a beautiful young girl who is lost and may not have many people she can count on. God forbid I went missing and because of my mom's flakiness/evasiveness, no one wanted to help search for me. It is not Maricela's fault that we may not be being given all the information necessary to find her and I have to do the best I can with what I have. But please don't thank me. I am only doing what my heart says is the right thing.
Bessie, you got it! Once we informed the people we met that Mari was missing, we shut up and listened. Everything that happened today has already been turned over to the PI. Thank you so very much for your help and support throughout everything. And nobody needs to worry...Mr. Mistivon would not let us go anywhere we were not safe and he is Mr. Mother Hen :)
Again, thank you, too Steph and everyone else. But really, I am doing nothing amazing or deserving of thanks. I am only doing what I hope someone would do for me.
Now I am off to work for the next 6-7 hours then to bed. Can't afford to be feeling as if I'm going to pass out tomorrow. We have too much down and dirty work to do :)

You are truly amazing and an inspiration. Bless you and the Mr. And all our Cali sleuthers. I pray for Mari and her family every day.

We live 2 miles from Goodwill. I asked my husband 2 nights ago if he had to dump a body, what came to mind. He said Lancaster and beyond in the Mojave. I am sorry about your friend.

Mistivon your such an amazing person for searching so hard and I hope she's found. When I was 13 my best friend was murdered and I thought for so long his body was buried in Porter ranch. They searched the area and no signs and now it's completely developed with new houses. He was never found. I found out from a mutual friend 8 years ago that he was buried in the dessert by Lancaster and it's 24 years later as of this February 13th. It absolutely breaks my heart he has never been found so I appreciate you and think your incredible. This family is so lucky to have you! Also in this situation it was a drug deal gone wrong or possibly a robbery for money that they thought he had. Either way the case was never solved and I am still heart broken.

Hey Budgiebee. This is similar to the discussion BM and I had today. Are you able to elaborate a bit on these locations?

Here is your scenario:
You are not a serial killer and this was not a planned murder. You picked up the girl, intending to scare her into paying but it went a little too far. Now her lifeless body is in your car and you're panicked. You've been in jail before for little stuff but you've CERTAINLY never killed anyone. You didn't mean to but you know the cops won't believe you. What do you do? You can't claim accident. You can't dump her right here in the Kaiser parking lot...maybe someone saw her get into your car at GW or maybe someone is sitting in that car over there, you can't quite tell. You know where a friend has a pretty remote cabin up in the mountains, but with your luck, you'd get pulled over by CHIP on the way there. "What??? A dead body in the trunk??? NO wayyyy...." Well, that won't work. What do you do? Where do you put her so not only will she hopefully not be found for a pretty long time, but also where no one will associate you with that place?

Help!
Anyone wanna take a look at the map and make suggestions? Any locals know of spots?

Scenario 2:
You've watched her for a long time and planned for this moment. You've successfully gotten her into your car with the lure of a little something to help her feel better. Little did she know it was spiked and she is now sleeping soundly. You take her to your house, where you have soundproofed the basement in preparation for your time with her. You've pretty much thought of everything...even arranging her disappearance to look voluntary.
Fast forward a month. You can't believe it, but you are bored. You are tired of her whiny little voice and the way she always looks at you with such fear. Doesn't she realize she should LOVE you? That you do EVERYTHING for her? That ungrateful little &(*930^(*. You become enraged and she cowers in fear. That makes you even angrier...then....it's done....
Well, you hadn't planned for this part. You thought she would love you and you would be together forever. Maybe even have some kids. Luckily, you have plenty of time to plan where to hide her. You want somewhere not TOO far, close is better so there's less chance of being caught with her, but not so close that the police look at you. Maybe somewhere you can go and visit her every so often and relive the good times so definitely within a short drive. It needs to be somewhere kinda remote so that no one will see you take her there but the thrill of having her right under everyone's noses is also important. You don't want her found too soon, but definitely at some point so that you can take pride in hearing your work on the news.
Now, where to go? Where's the perfect place?

We live 2 miles from Goodwill. I asked my husband 2 nights ago if he had to dump a body, what came to mind. He said Lancaster and beyond in the Mojave. I am sorry about your friend.

Hey Budgiebee. This is similar to the discussion BM and I had today. Are you able to elaborate a bit on these locations?

Here is your scenario:
You are not a serial killer and this was not a planned murder. You picked up the girl, intending to scare her into paying but it went a little too far. Now her lifeless body is in your car and you're panicked. You've been in jail before for little stuff but you've CERTAINLY never killed anyone. You didn't mean to but you know the cops won't believe you. What do you do? You can't claim accident. You can't dump her right here in the Kaiser parking lot...maybe someone saw her get into your car at GW or maybe someone is sitting in that car over there, you can't quite tell. You know where a friend has a pretty remote cabin up in the mountains, but with your luck, you'd get pulled over by CHIP on the way there. "What??? A dead body in the trunk??? NO wayyyy...." Well, that won't work. What do you do? Where do you put her so not only will she hopefully not be found for a pretty long time, but also where no one will associate you with that place?

Help!
Anyone wanna take a look at the map and make suggestions? Any locals know of spots?

Be safe tomorrow, please! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you budgiebee.

Ok. Caught up, I think...but now worried about Mr. Mistivon going out tonight by his self. I will assume he makes it back safe and sound by the time I read again. ...and praying for safety tomorrow for all!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Has LE ruled out the possibility that she was placed in the dumpster by Kaiser, and that dumpster emptied, before the search was conducted?

Here is your scenario:

Help!

Scenario 2:
You've watched her for a long time and planned for this moment. You've successfully gotten her into your car with the lure of a little something to help her feel better. Little did she know it was spiked and she is now sleeping soundly. You take her to your house, where you have soundproofed the basement in preparation for your time with her. You've pretty much thought of everything...even arranging her disappearance to look voluntary.
Fast forward a month. You can't believe it, but you are bored. You are tired of her whiny little voice and the way she always looks at you with such fear. Doesn't she realize she should LOVE you? That you do EVERYTHING for her? That ungrateful little &(*930^(*. You become enraged and she cowers in fear. That makes you even angrier...then....it's done....
Well, you hadn't planned for this part. You thought she would love you and you would be together forever. Maybe even have some kids. Luckily, you have plenty of time to plan where to hide her. You want somewhere not TOO far, close is better so there's less chance of being caught with her, but not so close that the police look at you. Maybe somewhere you can go and visit her every so often and relive the good times so definitely within a short drive. It needs to be somewhere kinda remote so that no one will see you take her there but the thrill of having her right under everyone's noses is also important. You don't want her found too soon, but definitely at some point so that you can take pride in hearing your work on the news.
Now, where to go? Where's the perfect place?

Ugh. This makes me sad. Hugs, love and light. And many prayers. Wish I could be there to help y'all.

Discussed with my husband...

Scenario 1 - Mojave, Angeles Forest, Santa Monica Mountains. Roll off a cliff into a canyon. The Valley is all so well lit and populated and if you are alone you need darkness to dispose of a body by yourself.

Scenario 2 - This one is hard because houses in the Valley are mostly one story, no basement, houses right next to each other, soundproofing a room... we will think about it. Nothing came to mind where you could bury a body nearby to return to it. Added after the fact: Went back to search where bodies have been found in Southern CA and interestingly bodies are buried in backyards. Wonder if one would bury in their own backyard and then later move to where they would be found.

We will think on it and maybe others local will also.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back