Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Kadoober!

I don't recall seeing this article, dated January 5 (updated January 12). There are 17 pictures with the article.... TK is huge!

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...-his-alleged-victims-before-hearing/96193254/
Todd Kohlhepp's mom meets families of his alleged victims

In a purple coat, cream-colored mittens and toboggan, oxygen tube in her nose, Regina Tague crossed a doorway in the Spartanburg County Courthouse Thursday morning to speak with family members of people allegedly killed by her son, Todd Kohlhepp.
The 70-year-old left her seat in a walker and spent more than 10 minutes talking and fielding questions from them, and at one point they prayed together before entering a courtroom where Kohlhepp passed through in an orange jumpsuit without saying a word.

At the hearing Kohlhepp consented to the appointment of a receiver to identify and control his assets. He was not in the courtroom during the hearing. He officially waived his right to appear. He walked through the courtroom in chains before the hearing started and went into another room.

--

A little more about the lawsuits here:
http://www.goupstate.com/news/20170202/todd-kohlhepps-mother-responds-to-two-lawsuits

I posted on another thread as I could not find this one until after I posted.

I know how I feel, but I don't think I can state it here.

May justice be done.

Must mean you don't like it. Why not just not post? :)

http://www.drphil.com/videos/a-dr-p...ng-kidnapped-and-held-captive-for-two-months/

attachment.php

“No matter what he did to me, he did not break me. He cannot destroy me and I won.”

– Brown on her kidnap and ultimate rescue

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 393
I cannot even explain how much I am looking forward to this. Admittedly, I am a huge Dr. Phil fan for reasons I can't even explain(although the BR interview made me have to rethink that, but the Michelle Knight interviews make up for it...I think).

I don't recall who MK interviewed with, or when.

Did MK testify before trial? And with Dr. P??

http://www.drphil.com/videos/a-dr-p...ng-kidnapped-and-held-captive-for-two-months/

attachment.php

“No matter what he did to me, he did not break me. He cannot destroy me and I won.”

– Brown on her kidnap and ultimate rescue
Such a strong woman. It's unfortunate that she was put in the position of having to be so strong.

If this will be therapeutic or helpful for her in anyway at all then I am all for it. I will watch as much as I can without being put into my own bad headspace. I hope she finds the platform she needs, if that's what she needs. I'm sure Dr. Phil will make sure she has therapy for life.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't recall who MK interviewed with, or when.

Did MK testify before trial? And with Dr. P??

Castro pled guilty, but I know MK read a victim impact statement. She went on once and talked about what she experienced, then she came back when her book came out and talked about what her year out of the house had been like. Dr. Phil fans fundraiser over $400k that he gave her as well.

WSPA 7News
Concerns rise over Kala Brown's appearance on Dr. Phil

[video=youtube;tmuLwlw78kM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmuLwlw78kM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

WSPA 7News
Concerns rise over Kala Brown's appearance on Dr. Phil

[video=youtube;tmuLwlw78kM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmuLwlw78kM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So glad to hear they worked with the solicitor on the show to make sure the case isn't compromised.

I have been MIA for a while now, but I watched KB's interview on Dr. Phil and that brought me out of hiding. I've been following several groups on FB since KB and CDC went missing, but since I'm using my personal FB and those groups are full of crazies, I have very rarely posted.

<modsnip>

I've told you guys before about my experience in Emergency Services with Anderson County as a 911 Dispatcher, but I don't know if I ever elaborated on the 10 years as an ER tech and the years in nursing school? I didn't finish because life happened, but that's neither here nor there. I've seen my share of addicts too. Yeah, KB's eyes were red and glassy. We saw her cry. We know they edit those shows. They showed us 2 hours. We have no idea how long they actually filmed or if she actually had breakdowns or threw a major tantrum and they cut it out because they wanted to portray the whole "I am strong, he did not break me" persona they were advertising. Also, I am claustrophobic. If I was locked in a shipping container in the dark for 2 months and raped every day by a serial killer that I saw kill my boyfriend, I would probably be popping benzos for the rest of my life to keep panic attacks at bay. Did anyone wonder why Dr. Phil came to KB and not KB to him? I did. I wondered if she's having issues with enclosed places like planes from being in the shipping container. I bet she's claustrophobic now. I would not blame her! Cut her some slack. Seriously!

As far as whether she has or has not contacted CDC's family, I have seen some people say she was in contact with his mother and then seen people say she didn't. I've never seen anything concrete from his mother herself to say yes or no. With the dynamics of CDC's family that I have seen, I do wonder if they are not in close contact and if some of the family members are not as informed and may not be aware of what has been done and those are the people controlling the group and going to the media. If anyone has anything concrete to the contrary, can you post it? I haven't had as much research time lately and these boards have been very quiet.

Here is one thing I did take away from the Dr. Phil interview: If KB was being genuine and I felt she was because her body language did not speak otherwise (I only saw her touch the triangle of deception once and can't remember what it was, but I think it was something insignificant and something I thought she would be ashamed of with the rape, I think, when Dr. P. was asking about how TK would make her behave during the rapes. I think maybe she had to act out fantasies of TK's and she's ashamed she played along to survive). I felt like she has extreme survivor's guilt and that she feels like CDC died because she brought him there. I am positive she is very much aware of what is being said about her by CDC's family and probably is aware of the arguments that occurred between her family and CDC's family while they were searching for her and CDC (the splitting off of the groups, etc). Coupled with the guilt of CDC's death and what she may perceive their behavior was while she was missing, she may feel like they didn't even care about her and that they blame her completely, so may find it very hard to contact them for fear of being attacked.

Interesting at the 15:50 mark in this [video=youtube;JiyGf4oBzb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiyGf4oBzb0[/video] he asks about whether TK told her or indicated that people were looking for her. She said he told her nobody cared and that only a few people had mentioned her absence on Facebook.

tulips, thank you for your very astute post. I cannot believe there would be no everlasting traumas KB will carry the rest of her life. She may well need long-term medications to cope. I just hope she can continue to be strong and remain true to herself and perhaps make a difference for someone else.

thanks again.

Interesting at the 15:50 mark in this [video=youtube;JiyGf4oBzb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiyGf4oBzb0[/video] he asks about whether TK told her or indicated that people were looking for her. She said he told her nobody cared and that only a few people had mentioned her absence on Facebook.

Did you notice her body language? Her facial expression and the way her head went up and to the side with her eyes up. It was almost like the search was an uncomfortable subject for her and she was trying not to roll her eyes. Also the way her body was moving it was like she was jerking her foot back and forth maybe too.

First of all this young woman has PTSD which from the start I have told people on the forums but then they make there smart *advertiser censored* comments about it because they know this young woman I have had PTSD since I was 9 years old I'm 53 and KB her life will never be the same period

Tulips - CDCs Mom did actually post in the family group that you mentioned, and said that KB hasn't answered her questions because SHE HASN'T ASKED THEM OF HER YET and that people should lay off, and be kind to KB (major paraphrasing by me).

One would think that such a post would have made a difference. It did NOTHING. All of those groups are nuts.

Tulips - CDCs Mom did actually post in the family group that you mentioned, and said that KB hasn't answered her questions because SHE HASN'T ASKED THEM OF HER YET and that people should lay off, and be kind to KB (major paraphrasing by me).

One would think that such a post would have made a difference. It did NOTHING. All of those groups are nuts.

I've had to stay away. It's p***ing me off. It really makes my misanthropic side come out. Where is the compassion? Do they not have the capacity to think outside their ignorant little boxes??

GRRRR

KB is an incredibly strong and brave woman

Thanks! I've seen it mentioned that she said that but I don't know if they deleted it or if it got buried. With CDC having the dynamics of step parents and half and step siblings, I've often wondered who is in contact with who and when we see people giving interviews, even when it's one of the other parents, if it's complete and factual information. When you have so many people involved, it's like they are playing a game of grapevine or telephone and there has to be some information lost as they pass it around. Then I see some of the comments there, like that TK met KB when she was dancing in a strip club and I recall that it was mentioned somewhere that when TK met Megan Coxie she was working at Waffle House but she had also worked as a stripper at one point, so all the information is becoming convoluted now. All of it is rumors and so many people want to become involved and say they have inside information when they really are just fanning the flames.

Another thing I keep seeing brought up is KB's Fetlife account. So what? She and CDC may have had interests there. Yes, I said she AND CDC, because when you looked at that account it was clear CDC was involved and they were in it together. It wasn't something she was doing behind his back, but the KB bashers fail to bring that to light. I mean in all honesty, they very well may NOT have been there to cut underbrush. It's been suggested that TK was making *advertiser censored* in the room over the garage. They could have been there to make a Fetlife type video. With all the interest in S&M in the past few years that is not far fetched. I know of a guy I went to high school with who discovered his wife was cheating and when he tracked her down to a hotel discovered she was involved in the Fetlife community (not saying Fetlife encourages infidelity, just that my HS friend wasn't into Fetlife). She was there with her new boyfriend making a video that was of that genre. So it's not uncommon to make videos, I guess. Also, how many mainstream people went to see 50 Shades Darker this past weekend as a romantic pre- Valentine's date, but those same people want to judge KB? Then let's think about this: how do we know that TK wasn't trolling Fetlife looking for victims, realized he knew her and that's how he targeted her? That doesn't make her a conspirator. It may have given her survival tools ironically, but because she may have chosen an alternative lifestyle doesn't mean she is a bad person.

One more thing and I will be quiet until someone else replies. People complained that KB had not spoken. Now they are complaining that she spoke because "she jeopardized the case and TK will walk free because of her speaking out before the case goes to trial." You've got to be kidding me. You wanted to hear her story. She never talked about the Superbike Murders. She barely mentioned Megan and Johnny Coxie other than to say something about one of them being shot in the back of the head when she was talking about how TK could not kill someone who was looking at him. So between those cases, even if her case and CDC's case get tossed because she talked, TK is not going to see free daylight. Not with the 6 other murders, provided the CSI teams did their jobs thoroughly. SC is a death penalty state. He is either going to die or spend the rest of his life as a guest of the state; at the very least he will be remanded to some psych facility for the rest of his life or I will eat my hat. So, to those whining, you wanted her story, stop complaining, stop thinking everything in this world is a conspiracy and use some common sense.

First of all this young woman has PTSD which from the start I have told people on the forums but then they make there smart *advertiser censored* comments about it because they know this young woman I have had PTSD since I was 9 years old I'm 53 and KB her life will never be the same period

Many of us here have had episodes to contend with that involve PTSD for the rest of our lives. Thankfully for me, mine is nowhere near the extreme that KB will live with. I agree, her life will never be the same. However, it will be what she chooses, and most likely will better because of this awful experience. I commend her for wanting to make a difference for others.

I am sorry for your hurtful past. :hug: I do hope you are doing all right, despite that.

Forgive me, I am fired up and I know this is the only place I can have intelligent conversation about this. Now she is being ripped apart because she said "Yes, sir." and "No, sir." to Dr. Phil as he asked her questions and they are saying that this is related to her submissive/ dom training with the fetish life and that it further proves a conspiracy. I understand there are many people from all over the world weighing in and commenting in these other forums, and I am 41, so I get very frustrated with the entitled, know it all culture that social media has bred over the last 15-20 years. I was born in Anderson, SC and lived there until 7 years ago when my ex husband (terribly abusive police officer) suddenly told me he accepted a job in Ohio and we were going up in 2 weeks to find a house and then moving within a month. I had no idea he was even looking for a new job. I've mentioned in past posts elsewhere that I also suffer from mild PTSD from the mental and physical abuse. He is a textbook case of narcissistic personality disorder. I can see some of these types in the people now around KB. I digress. My point was that in Anderson, SC, most kids are raised to say "Yes, sir" and "No, sir". You'll notice the Sheriff says it whenever he's interviewed. So, KB saying it has no sinister connotation. Now, I need to quit reading these other forums. Maybe I'll go for some light reading and head over to the forums on Josh Duggar or something... ;):pillowfight:

And here I thought the use of Yes Maam, No Sir, etc. was a form of respect. Egads .... tulip, stay here where we are sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa