TX TX - Cheryl Henry, 22, & Andy Atkinson, 21, Houston, 21 Aug 1990

okay, here is the link to "way too many" area murders .... it is filled with a lot of crime information and hours and hours of research. It is thought that there are more than one serial killer involved, and it is mind boggling how many unsolved murders there actually are. Maybe there is that missing "piece" within this:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Calder-Rd-Cold-Cases&p=13159534#post13159534

Thanks posting this B4igo2it. I will read through it. I am familiar with these murders as well. We were very blessed to have a wonderful detective that kept my family informed for many years. I know they checked Cheryl and Andy's case against many of these with no link. Unfortunately as time has passed the detective has retired and we have gotten many new ones that continue to change. With so many murders in such a big city cold cases don't get the attention they deserve.

Just read this whole thread and am very invested in this. I compile a spreadsheet of all incidents in the United States and found 2 within the same timeframe that might be worth looking at.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?137250-TX-Jane-McDonald-Crone-34-Houston-14-Nov-1993

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?153591-Cases-from-1970-1979/page2

Both have a few similarities to this case.

Thank you for taking an interest in this case. With respect to Jane McDonald-Crone what similarities are you seeing to Cheryl's case? The nightclub connection? Cheryl and Andy were at a club we frequented at the time but had then gone to a park where we use to all hang out after hours sometimes. On the second link, which case are you referring to? Looks like a group of women in one thread. Thanks!

My bad. I'm new here. This is more specific to what I was looking at in the second link, from another page:

On March 28, 1979 the body of Angela Desiree Kelly was discovered on the curb of the southbound lanes of the 7800 block of Red Bluff Rd. in Pasadena. The victim came to her death as a result of strangulation and was found with her hands bound behind her back. The death of Angela Desiree Kelly was ruled a homicide by the Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office. The victim was discovered by a motorist who phoned the police department.

I was just looking at missing or murdered in the area within a certain number of years. The hands bound and after club activity were really the only connections, but I think a case this old has been exhausted of a lot of the bigger details and it might be worth turning some smaller stones to see what comes up.

On a side-note, the Dallas area has a lot of similar stories, whether it's the work of only a couple people or quite a few.

I think it's interesting how the killer evolved though. The first incident was a rape. He covered his face and potentially lied about his description to throw her off, and so he clearly had no intent to kill. Mentioning the name Randy, like "where's Randy?" also has a certain implication to it, as in "where's your boyfriend when you need him?" That's how I read it anyway. Then you've got Andy, who is good looking and works in a gym. There could be a sort of bitterness toward men who can be with the types of women that the murderer couldn't get to this. That would also play along with the fact that Andy had his throat cut so deep, as if there was rage behind it and the fact that he possibly had to watch Cheryl get raped. This whole thing could be anti-a-certain-type-of-guy.

Onto the evolution though. In the case of Cheryl and Andy, it seems the intent was clearly to kill, so what changed? Maybe the first was what it was, but maybe he feared being caught or had some paranoia in the fact that he could be identified or maybe almost was. The thing at lovers lane is a little more evolved, a little more complex. Maybe rape just wasn't enough and he had something more to prove or was seeking a bigger thrill for himself.

A thought about evolution though. If this guy was in a sense, went from rapist to murderer, it seems as if it wouldn't have stopped there, unless:

1) He was close to being caught or paranoid about being caught and stopped or eased back
2) He was caught but never connected to this
3) He still did this, but somewhere else
4) He'd fulfilled whatever thrill he was looking for
5) He died

I have never met or spoken with the rape victim. Yes investigators did talk to other woman but nothing came to light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mocity, when you look at sketch of rapist from other 1990 rape victim, do you think you've ever seen him yourself before? I believe your sister knew the killer from school or an old job. I also think the key to solving case is for you to meet the now a realtor 1990 rape victim. She is a wealth of information as the only known survivor. Police share very little to public. Talking to her could trigger a memory you thought was unimportant from days before murder.

Are there any other resources online which give a case overview, which is factual and accurate. The ones which I am able to find seem to be conflicting and based on third and fourth hand accounts.

Are there any other resources online which give a case overview, which is factual and accurate. The ones which I am able to find seem to be conflicting and based on third and fourth hand accounts.

Welcome Markieb3967 :)

:welcome5:

Mocity, when you look at sketch of rapist from other 1990 rape victim, do you think you've ever seen him yourself before? I believe your sister knew the killer from school or an old job. I also think the key to solving case is for you to meet the now a realtor 1990 rape victim. She is a wealth of information as the only known survivor. Police share very little to public. Talking to her could trigger a memory you thought was unimportant from days before murder.

My family tried to talk to the rape victim and my sister did speak with her at some point I think. However, the rape victim didn't want to keep up discussions and really didn't want to be involved which I can respect.

My family tried to talk to the rape victim and my sister did speak with her at some point I think. However, the rape victim didn't want to keep up discussions and really didn't want to be involved which I can respect.

I also respect the will of the victim, but it is still a pity. We could have learnt something.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

I also respect the will of the victim, but it is still a pity. We could have learnt something.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

You never know! The DNA didn't match until 2008 I believe and the lady was attacked in 1990 so quite a bit of time had passed.

Because I somehow managed to stupidly put it in the wrong thread. Apologies, everyone. :gaah:

Sorry. Now I look back and appear to have been short. It's my step sister and I opened it and it caught me off guard until I figured out it was unrelated. Apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not posted on this thread before, although I have read about this crime in the past. I also have not read all thirty pages of the thread, so if I am posting about something that has already been discussed, I apologize in advance: in the original post that started this thread, I believe that the article said that the car had been discovered by a HPD patrolman. In this article, it says that the car was found by a "guard patrolling an industrial park":

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...help-break-notorious-Lover-s-Lane-1635849.php

I know that news reporters (particularly for the Houston Chronicle, which is my hometown newspaper) are notoriously unreliable. But which was it? A security guard, or a HPD patrolman, or was he an HPD officer working as a security guard? The reason I ask is because I read somewhere that the suspect in the rape may have been a security guard. Did they eliminate the guy who found the car if he was not a police officer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back