GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 205
Isn't it usual for juries to spend a night away in a hotel? TBH I don't know! Thanking everyone for their kind replies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:facepalm::facepalm:Hi All Websleuths !!!
Tomorrow it is almost certain that we will have the final verdict in this case and I have mustered the courage to say a few words!!
I too came to feel that I knew Helen after reading her blogs and book, shortly after finishing which, she was reported missing. Along with others I hoped that, like many of us, she perhaps felt how good it would be to just disappear for a while and had high hopes that she would return safely and renewed.
The manner in which she and Boris were found was horrifying and I have not been able to dismiss it from my mind.
I came upon this site by fortunate accident, desperately searching for information about the investigation which seems to have been surprisingly low key in the media. My motive was to hopefully know that justice for Helen and Boris was to be served.
When Ian Stewart was charged I had a scenario in my head that at least it must have been a crime of passion. My utter abbhorrence on hearing the truth cannot adequately be described but here at last is my point - thank you all so much for being there!! It has been quite a journey and I have been so grateful to you all for your reasoned, intelligent argument/ your compassion and heartfelt emotion / your anger and revulsion that has exactly mirrored mine. Helen would be proud that she had such eloquent advocates to probe the truth of her wicked and senseless death and that it had exercised all of your emotions to the extent that it has.
I feel that I know many of you just as I did Helen. Such is the power of the written word.
Thank you all, I will miss you and tonight I pray that we will get the verdict that Helen and Boris so deserve and that evil man will be shut away for the rest of his useful days contemplating all that he has destroyed and lost. I really dont think that even he knows why he did it now!!!

Welcome [emoji3] lovely post, I think it echoes everything we here feel.

I hope you will be around tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Critical illness insurance, Mg and DLA related

DLA moving to PIP.
He would not have been re-assessed for the new PIP until 2015 at the very very earliest and by 2018 at the outside

found this on the Myasthenia Gravis Forum..

A small bit of relatively good news for the timetable for moving people with indefinite or lifetime awards of DLA onto PIP - it has been put back by two years, until October 2015 - after the next election.

Wow with zopiclone use starting in January2016, possibly before, that's actually perfect timing for PIP/DLA reassessment to have been a trigger. Even if he wasn't one of the first to get a letter in October 2015 ,telling them they would be re-assessed, he may well have known it was coming and that it was likely his income would go down.

Tomorrow it is almost certain that we will have the final verdict in this case and I have mustered the courage to say a few words!!
I too came to feel that I knew Helen after reading her blogs and book, shortly after finishing which, she was reported missing. Along with others I hoped that, like many of us, she perhaps felt how good it would be to just disappear for a while and had high hopes that she would return safely and renewed.
The manner in which she and Boris were found was horrifying and I have not been able to dismiss it from my mind.
I came upon this site by fortunate accident, desperately searching for information about the investigation which seems to have been surprisingly low key in the media. My motive was to hopefully know that justice for Helen and Boris was to be served.
When Ian Stewart was charged I had a scenario in my head that at least it must have been a crime of passion. My utter abbhorrence on hearing the truth cannot adequately be described but here at last is my point - thank you all so much for being there!! It has been quite a journey and I have been so grateful to you all for your reasoned, intelligent argument/ your compassion and heartfelt emotion / your anger and revulsion that has exactly mirrored mine. Helen would be proud that she had such eloquent advocates to probe the truth of her wicked and senseless death and that it had exercised all of your emotions to the extent that it has.
I feel that I know many of you just as I did Helen. Such is the power of the written word.
Thank you all, I will miss you and tonight I pray that we will get the verdict that Helen and Boris so deserve and that evil man will be shut away for the rest of his useful days contemplating all that he has destroyed and lost. I really dont think that even he knows why he did it now!!!

:welcome:

I agree. It would still be a horrible disposal method had this been a spur of the moment crime of passion, followed by a panicked disposal of the body but the fact that this all appears to be pre-meditated and that he made sure she was drugged first so that she wouldn't fight back, then coldly set about amending the standing order and trying to get POA to access even more money, while her body lay in a cess pit nearby is even worse.

About the Zopiclone - IMHO it is a possiblity that there were two sets of vitamin pills.

Helen had hers, and IS kept some hidden on the side. Those he had filled with Zopiclone. In that way he had 100% control over when Helen took them.

The Prosecution is of the opinion that IS put the Zopiclone in scrambled eggs. Wouldn't marmalade be better?

:thinking:
YES - ZaZara - you've got the measure of him .. devious and measured. Just the way his boring wooden clocks are there to celebrate his gift of timing.

Thank goodness you mustered the courage to write such a beautiful tribute to Helen. And indeed to the Websleuths. They are just amazing people - filled with passion for justice, endlessly dealing with the most minute detail .. and meanwhile paying great tribute to Helen and all her loveliness of her life and beyond. And tributes and love for Boris, of course.
Such lovely words - you make my heart tingle. Thank you, Lord Lister.

Hello LordLister
Re your comment
'I came upon this site by fortunate accident, desperately searching for information about the investigation which seems to have been surprisingly low key in the media. '
That's because this case has been sub judice so the mainstream media are limited in what they can say. I think the situation will change dramatically when the verdict comes out.

Thanks, A. Been checking in now and then, but really nothing to add. I just keep thinking that if my view is like that of just one or two on the jury, this verdict could take a while! So much that doesn't feel right or add up about it, even though the bare bones of it say he killed her for her money. End of. But if so, it was both cleverly conceived in some parts, and so abysmally in others.

Milly probably won't be back here tonight. Can anyone fill me in what Milly means by BIB? Just caught up again. Thanks x

Helen's Websleuth page has been playing up on my lap top today. Endless halts and swirling 'cd disc on the Mac'. I am guessing it's heavily loaded with lots of Guests compared to a time when it is only Members.

Now able to write - I want to thank you Alyce for the Court updates. I was on the edge of the chair, like we all were whilst waiting for the Verdict. And thank you, Michelle for the inside news of IS and proceedings. Little Bird's eye witness to this awful scenario. I only choose that word because IS has made it thus. He drove his way through Helen's life until he ended it - and now playing with the minds of Court and Jury. But certainly not ours!! He is a stealthy stalker in a sense where he looks for his next ambitious step towards riches. Not just money - but an elevated sense of his own status where he can be the man/men he envies and loathes.
Unfortunately, Helen in this case came under the achievement of status in his beady eye. IS loathed JS and indeed TH because these were men who he was envious of. He would have wished to be such a man.
He couldn't ever understand the grace of John Bailey so he was not a target - John had a neutral place in this sick mind. But even then he chose to lie to Helen's Brother - to cheat about notes and Helen's so called 'need for time on her own'. He allowed John to be in despair, rush to Broadstairs, have sleepless nights of worry about his beloved Sister - stole time from John in trying to find Helen. Tried to steal Helen's funeral from John. Left John to look after his parents - the parents in desperation of their daughter.
IS allowed Eileen to wait for a terrible time to make her video statement, whilst he was poorly and unable to attend Court.
And - leaving his Son's without their own Mother, taking his own parenthood away for his own disgusting plans.
Check mate? OK I wish to see the final game of your Chess played this week for all to see .. that you are not the Knight but one who not only stole the life of Helen and Boris. But you stole the later years of Helen's Mum and Dad. You stole John's Sister - and you have been the thief of your Sons' innocence.
Everyone needs to try to rebuild their lives because of YOU.
Sometimes .. there has been a moment where I wondered about your pain in a cell forever - and felt a moment of that is so terrible.
But - for what you have done Mr Stewart, you must suffer the consequences and they shall be very harsh for you. We know you shall be seeking Prison hospital endlessly - and trying to work the system as you believe it to be your right. But it is a long way from being a LOVED person.

Oh sorry, I was following but due to my friend's illness I have missed a lot of posts.

Sorry.

Duchy,

lol I wondered if you wanted the abbreviation outlined or it was Milly's words.

I found a post of hers From the 13th of Feb:

I still can't see - from what has been revealed of his character and past so far - how this seemingly okay bloke with no previous convictions and no one seems to have spoken ill of, commits this murder? Okay, he was in poor health and non working, but as he said, he had enough money. Doesn't seem he had massive debts or lived an excessively expensive lifestyle. Why didn't he just leave her if he was bored or whatever and move on, or get married and then ditch her after a year having got a nice pre-nup signed so that he'd walk away with a tidy penny.*

We can all surmise his psychological state, but we haven't had any psych report to say he's not quite the full shilling, but I do wonder whether he has become so embroiled and caught up in this whole story that he has fabricated that he does now actually believe it did really happen as he tells it. (There is a medical term for this which escapes me right now.)

Lol Net what does she mean by her words that I have highlighted in bold.

:blowkiss:

Net has a wicked sense of humour! :giggle:

But, in truth the BIB on Milly's post confused me too. It made me feel that possibly, only possibly I should say, Milly has some doubts about whether it's guilty beyond reasonable doubt. She may think there are some important gaps/unanswered questions.

Off to bed here, been a long day! :eek:fftobed:

Duchy,

lol I wondered if you wanted the abbreviation outlined or it was Milly's words.

I found a post of hers From the 13th of Feb:

I still can't see - from what has been revealed of his character and past so far - how this seemingly okay bloke with no previous convictions and no one seems to have spoken ill of, commits this murder? Okay, he was in poor health and non working, but as he said, he had enough money. Doesn't seem he had massive debts or lived an excessively expensive lifestyle. Why didn't he just leave her if he was bored or whatever and move on, or get married and then ditch her after a year having got a nice pre-nup signed so that he'd walk away with a tidy penny.*

We can all surmise his psychological state, but we haven't had any psych report to say he's not quite the full shilling, but I do wonder whether he has become so embroiled and caught up in this whole story that he has fabricated that he does now actually believe it did really happen as he tells it. (There is a medical term for this which escapes me right now.)

Thanks Tiny x

I wonder if the medical term Milly is thinking of is cognitive dissonance.

He's still guilty though.

image.jpg

My baby.....sideways"..............12 yr old.....one eye ( good eye better than 2 bad eyes) now.....diabetic....boss of the house!

Net has a wicked sense of humour! :giggle:

But, in truth the BIB on Milly's post confused me too. It made me feel that possibly, only possibly I should say, Milly has some doubts about whether it's guilty beyond reasonable doubt. She may think there are some important gaps/unanswered questions.

Off to bed here, been a long day! :eek:fftobed:

I can only think, without having any specifics laid out, that the only thing that doesn't add up is motive.

It's not the jury's responsibility to find motive, or even to wonder whether he presents as a murderer.

I would like to know what the judge said about the defence introducing accidental death into their closing speech. He shouldn't have ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆