Still Missing Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 *Guilty* *Appeal* #29

Why does Canada have such shocking crimes? Maybe I read to much USA news being on WS. But when we have something happen it's always over the top.
Bernardo.
Vance Li
Garland
De Grood
Mcaffery
I know I'm missing so many. The young mom and her beautiful daughter and elderly person who were all slaughtered? Forget that name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing better to do on those long, cold, dark nights than plan dastardly deeds. :p

Fortunately, most Canadians aren't very good at it. There were about 500 murders in Canada last year. The UK had about 600, and the US had about 12,000.

Why does Canada have such shocking crimes? Maybe I read to much USA news being on WS. But when we have something happen it's always over the top.
Bernardo.
Vance Li
Garland
De Grood
Mcaffery
I know I'm missing so many.

Luka Magnotta

Wow we are so much lower compared to the USA. I had no idea in numbers. There is some nasty stuff everywhere. Our murders just seem so extra with everything. :(

Wow we are so much lower compared to the USA. I had no idea in numbers. There is some nasty stuff everywhere. Our murders just seem so extra with everything. :(

Canada is a much smaller country than the US but because of that, most often each murder becomes front page news.

Population (2016 est)
Canada 35 million
United States 325 million

I got to meet Cst. Jamie Parhar today! She is the rookie who chased Garland alone through the trees. I acted like a teenage fangirl, lol.

My 11 year daughter was getting text death threats from a classmate! Can you believe it??? Officer Parhar was great! Said Garland was creepy as heck.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I got to meet Cst. Jamie Parhar today!
Officer Parhar was great! Said Garland was creepy as heck.

Did you ask her if they searched DG's final hiding place for possible secrets or his intentions? and his journals/notebooks...

Did you ask her if they searched DG's final hiding place for possible secrets or his intentions? and his journals/notebooks...
I couldn't ask her too much because she was there about my daughter... I would have loved to ask her more!

I got to meet Cst. Jamie Parhar today! She is the rookie who chased Garland alone through the trees. I acted like a teenage fangirl, lol.

My 11 year daughter was getting text death threats from a classmate! Can you believe it??? Officer Parhar was great! Said Garland was creepy as heck.

I'm jelly. Lol. How neat!!!!

And also that is super scary for you and your family. I hope it gets sorted out ASAP.

And also that is super scary for you and your family. I hope it gets sorted out ASAP.

Omg ... I don't know what's wrong with kids. I don't think the girl was actually going to harm her but she needed to know that you can't threaten other kids.

His final dash? There was testimony about Garland being watched the entire time he was out on bail. If he had anything to hide, it would've been known.

"Cst. Dale Linton and Cst. Richard Massicotte, with the Strike Force Unit, were next to testify in the case.
Linton said he was keeping tabs on Douglas Garland from July 11 to 14.
He said that Garland made a quick stop at the Walmart in Airdrie on the 13th and that he then drove to the Garland farm and entered from the back side of the property.
Massicotte also told the court that Garland was seen driving past the Airdrie property before looping around to the back of the farm."
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/blood-sta...rkhill-home-at-garland-murder-trial-1.3276017

His final dash? There was testimony about Garland being watched the entire time he was out on bail. If he had anything to hide, it would've been known.

"Cst. Dale Linton and Cst. Richard Massicotte, with the Strike Force Unit, were next to testify in the case.
He said that Garland made a quick stop at the Walmart in Airdrie on the 13th and that he then drove to the Garland farm and entered from the back side of the property.
Massicotte also told the court that Garland was seen driving past the Airdrie property before looping around to the back of the farm."
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/blood-sta...rkhill-home-at-garland-murder-trial-1.3276017

That sure was creepy the way DG was belly crawling to try and get away from LE.

The overhead copter shot was amazing with the night vision capability. I dont think I will ever forget his belly crawl footage. It really made me think he was there for something important and Im still not sure if there is not something more to be found on that property.

Things i wondered about that he could have been trying to do that night.

Maybe he was there to retrieve and move some evidence that he was afraid they would eventually find.

Thinking about the end of the shovel that was found in burn can and maybe he could not burn the skulls and was there to retrieve those. If I remember right he bought a towell or something to cover the seat of the rental car. Maybe to keep dirt off the car if he was going to be digging up some left over evidence.

Another possibility is if he returned for the hard drive in the rafters of the basement. He didnt know LE may had already gotten that.

Not sure what else he was there for but it was something very important to him. He was there for a reason and I dont think we know yet what it was.

I am guessing its something buried on the property like the skulls. Just based on the shovel head being found and where he was when he was belly crawling to get away. I would love to be able to search that small patch of trees close to where he was captured. I have a feeling if he buried something it is in those tree covered area.

Oh my word! I am so sorry to hear about those texts to your daughter. How hideous. Hoping you trace the fiend. Happy you met Jamie Parhar.

I knew that's the case, but I was talking about what was his intention heading toward that area with what he bought from Walmart. The officers could only watch what he's doing but couldn't tell why. One possibility is the capture of him thawed his plan and whatever he had hid around there remains undiscovered. Also what did he write in his notebook?

That sure was creepy the way DG was belly crawling to try and get away from LE.

The overhead copter shot was amazing with the night vision capability. I dont think I will ever forget his belly crawl footage. It really made me think he was there for something important and Im still not sure if there is not something more to be found on that property.

Things i wondered about that he could have been trying to do that night.

Maybe he was there to retrieve and move some evidence that he was afraid they would eventually find.

Thinking about the end of the shovel that was found in burn can and maybe he could not burn the skulls and was there to retrieve those. If I remember right he bought a towell or something to cover the seat of the rental car. Maybe to keep dirt off the car if he was going to be digging up some left over evidence.

Another possibility is if he returned for the hard drive in the rafters of the basement. He didnt know LE may had already gotten that.

Not sure what else he was there for but it was something very important to him. He was there for a reason and I dont think we know yet what it was.

I am guessing its something buried on the property like the skulls. Just based on the shovel head being found and where he was when he was belly crawling to get away. I would love to be able to search that small patch of trees close to where he was captured. I have a feeling if he buried something it is in those tree covered area.

^ What I thought, too. I don't think he was simply trying to run away from LE for good--he knew it's impossible. I agree it's something very important and urgent for him, as he was risking too much to go there so soon (which, indeed, resulted in him being arrested). It would be interesting to know what if the officers continued to monitor him for longer and see what's his destination and what he was going to do--best if he's caught hot handed. I think the final capture didn't accomplish what should have been; it didn't lead to any new discovery.

Another thought: could he have digged an escape tunnel long ago? Like that Mexican drug lord?

I knew that's the case, but I was talking about what was his intention heading toward that area with what he bought from Walmart. The officers could only watch what he's doing but couldn't tell why. One possibility is the capture of him thawed his plan and whatever he had hid around there remains undiscovered. Also what did he write in his notebook?

I think he planned to access his parents home, take his get-away stash in the rafters that included cash although we don't know how much, then flee once again. He had to have known he was under surveillance and violating the terms of his release by going to his home proves how desperate he was - he knew the hard drive would sink him and so it did.

^ What I thought, too. I don't think he was simply trying to run away from LE for good--he knew it's impossible. I agree it's something very important and urgent for him, as he was risking too much to go there so soon (which, indeed, resulted in him being arrested). It would be interesting to know what if the officers continued to monitor him for longer and see what's his destination and what he was going to do--best if he's caught hot handed. I think the final capture didn't accomplish what should have been; it didn't lead to any new discovery.

Another thought: could he have digged an escape tunnel long ago? Like that Mexican drug lord?

Yea I bet LE even wanted to wait a little longer themselves before they pulled the plug on him. I guess they could not risk the safety of his parents as there is no telling what he would have done once inside his home if he had ever gotten inside the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back