IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
And whoever said the reason for them going back to the bridge for the geocache... It has to be.IMO

And it's right here in front of us look at what we know for sure.

I do think geocache plays a role in the day in the park, though I'm not ready to see a particular person is the perp (as I think LE has already been on this idea and obviously are still looking for the perp).

jmopinion for now
:goodpost:

And whoever said the reason for them going back to the bridge for the geocache... It has to be.IMO

And it's right here in front of us look at what we know for sure.

That was me.
If I were LE I would go get it and check it for prints and swab the whole area.

JMO

A ton of pieces have really fit together tonight. The police statements about knowing what your kids are doing, the police searching under the bridge, the police statement that this was unlikely to be a random crime, the police's lack of certainty about 1 or more than 1 murderers. It's all fitting together now.

I'm ashamed to say I don't know much about snapchat. I'm a photographer, but oddly haven't used it. I use Instagram.

Doesn't snapshot delete photos after a certain amount of time?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Yes, you are correct about them being deleted after a certain amount of time. They are only visible for up to 10 seconds and then they can be "replayed" once OR screenshotted if the recipient decides to do so. However, from what I know, most of their snaps were made "public" on their story similar to instagram's story system.

Long time listener, first time caller.
In my opinion, I think it's SK related. The involvement of the FBI right out of the gate makes me believe this right away. They were pretty quick to get involved. Also the fact that these murders are receiving multiple state billboard adverts is telling as well. But I could be wrong.

In my opinion, I think it's SK related. The involvement of the FBI right out of the gate makes me believe this right away. They were pretty quick to get involved. Also the fact that these murders are receiving multiple state billboard adverts is telling as well. But I could be wrong.

:welcome6:

I can't explain the draw to this case am I the only one who has felt consumed by this... I even joined this site for this case.... I don't even remember Lyric and Elizabeth case but now that I've been on here and looked the two cases are similar yet this one has drawn in huge FBI support homeland security is involved and all of this and we don't even know how they died and yes I'll admit cause of death for me is a factor .... these girls had open casket how many similar cases involving young girls could never have been open casket yet they get little if no media attention and those crimes are horrific at worst they were raped but that happens daily in our country so again why including myself are we all so consumed with this????

That was me.
If I were LE I would go get it and check it for prints and swab the whole area.

JMO

You are right that's exactly what they did IMO when they came back yesterday or the day before...

I think that's why some news reported it as DNA was found on the bridge and I believe the sheriff stated it wasn't??

Only because he doesn't know yet if connection from body scene to the cache is a match..

People who are speculating about the identity of the suspect and leading a communal witch hunt are doing a huge disservice by publicly outing individuals they think may have committed the crime simply because they have a tenuous link to the location/victims and bear a slight resemblance to the suspect pictures, which, aside from the clothing, have no readily identifiable features. These types of posts are per se defamatory and could lead to legal action.

While I agree that the geocache angle must be considered by the police, it's highly unlikely it had anything to do with the crime. One need only to do a cursory internet search to discover that bodies are found by geocaching sites all the time.

https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=20721106-6937-40df-986b-4f441ce0b7ba

Thank you! I agree with you. The tips are open to people that have information or saw anything out of the ordinary that day, NOT for people speculating and sending false information. What they're doing is just wasting time.

I can't explain the draw to this case am I the only one who has felt consumed by this... I even joined this site for this case.... I don't even remember Lyric and Elizabeth case but now that I've been on here and looked the two cases are similar yet this one has drawn in huge FBI support homeland security is involved and all of this and we don't even know how they died and yes I'll admit cause of death for me is a factor .... these girls had open casket how many similar cases involving young girls could never have been open casket yet they get little if no media attention and those crimes are horrific at worst they were raped but that happens daily in our country so again why including myself are we all so consumed with this????
I feel the same.

I think it's the combination of so many off putting things. The technology involved, the foresight to record your own killer, yet be totally helpless...the small town, the rural locale, the creepy voice. It all adds up and gives really startling feelings. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

And IF the girls went to the bridge for geocaching and a theory is the suspect was also involved in geocaching...

what's the theory behind how he could be so savvy to be a geocacher where you use clues and GPS yet...

he was so sloppy he didn't take her phone away immediately?

This is a great question. I wonder if suspect threw the phone in the water expecting that would take care of it, maybe not remembering about the cloud (I don't think there has been an official confirmation they got the video directly from the phone itself). But possibly they could have gotten the phone working if it was waterproof or if IT folks were able to salvage data. All speculation by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a side note but I was under the understanding that FBI assists in kidnapping investigation when the person missing is "young"?
So it didn't seem odd to me that they would be involved from the start.

Sent from Tapatalk

I am overly drawn to this case. It is only about 40 miles from me but I don't think that is why. It is 2 little girls who experienced horrific things but left the clues I think. Hurts my heart

Exactly what would a geocache tool be?

Looking at the site there are tweezers, Swiss army knife type things, lanyards, coins, toys (which I suppose are left when one takes the found cache). Also, T-shirts, hoodies, backpacks, bracelets, key chains - whatever. The little brown bag caught my eye. I know nothing about this hobby but the cache left at this bridge had a coded hint: "Magnetic. Can be gotten from above but only using your touch." I guess that means that some folks had to go under the bridge to retrieve the cache and one photo shows someone holding their hands up through the bridge slats from underneath.

<modsnip>Maybe these tips won't point directly to the guy, but at the very least, there are connections that should be investigated. The geocache owner/visitors have spent a lot of time in the area; maybe said they saw something unusual in the last month or so. Maybe they know more than they know they know (kwim? Lol), and a call from LE sparks a memory. I think it was worth passing on to the FBI that the family were active geocachers regardless.

This is a great question. I wonder if suspect threw the phone in the water expecting that would take care of it, maybe not remembering about the cloud (I don't think there has been an official confirmation they got the video directly from the phone itself). But possibly they could have gotten the phone working if it was waterproof or if IT folks were able to salvage data. All speculation by me.

I work at a cell phone store. You would be amazed at how ignorant people are of technology. Especially people in their late forties early fifties. I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect tossed the phone in water thinking that they were destroying it. An SD card that gets wet can still have info pulled from it.

If the geo thing is true, then it's a game changer imho. It means they already know who did it, they said "hike" to throw the person off, and released the image and opened a tip line to get witnesses to confirm it.

Ahem ... this is exactly how crimes are solved, your statement makes zero sense.

SABBM

Agreed. Respectfully disagree that "...tips should not be sent in to LE..". They are the ones who need to receive them.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member