UK UK - Kevin Hicks, 16, Croydon, 2 Mar 1986

Actually, I have a theory. Leaving his bike at the shop he walked up one of the side roads towards Bingham and visited a friend. Then he went left into Bingham Road and left again into Shirley Road intending to get his bike from the shop. I doubt the outing was ever really about eggs. If you were sixteen and wanted to get out on a night before school you might invent an egg story. Whatever happened to Kevin happened either in the Shirley Road or turning left into Lower Addiscombe Road and heading back towards the shop.

We have never heard from any of Kevin's friends though. I find that odd. It is also odd not to have a confirmation from the school about the need for the eggs and to hear about the bike so late in the day.

I think there was an accident and the body taken and buried somewhere. Like I have said before, Lower Addiscombe gets busy and deserted.

Actually, I have a theory. Leaving his bike at the shop he walked up one of the side roads towards Bingham and visited a friend. Then he went left into Bingham Road and left again into Shirley Road intending to get his bike from the shop. I doubt the outing was ever really about eggs. If you were sixteen and wanted to get out on a night before school you might invent an egg story. Whatever happened to Kevin happened either in the Shirley Road or turning left into Lower Addiscombe Road and heading back towards the shop.

We have never heard from any of Kevin's friends though. I find that odd. It is also odd not to have a confirmation from the school about the need for the eggs and to hear about the bike so late in the day.

I think there was an accident and the body taken and buried somewhere. Like I have said before, Lower Addiscombe gets busy and deserted.

Random theorising, maybe the school didn't want to initially deny the egg project, because they worried if he thought he was in trouble for lying, he wouldn't come back - same as with his friends. Maybe they were worried if they said that they had met secretly, he would be scared to come back. (this is assuming they thought he had voluntarily left and could come back)

Not sure what you mean.All we have are theories in the absence of many facts.

I am basing my theory on a working knowledge of that area. I was born in Baring Road (that is very near to the shop) and walked past Kevin's road on my way to school every day till I was 12. My parents still live there. I therefore know the area very well. I also had two kids who were once sixteen year olds. Believe me I heard some "egg" stories. If Kevin went to the store then getting eggs was not his only motive. I think he wanted to go and see someone. However, he is seen alive in the Shirley Road and making his way home or back to his bike at the shop. The trip to the shop may not be the significant thing or even the reason Kevin went visiting unless something happened during the visit that caused someone to follow him.

Originally I suggested Kevin had got the bus into Croydon as the information about the Shirley Road sighting and the bike was not in the public domain. I find this odd.

The school seems to have said very little at all, but I doubt it has anything to do with not wanting Kevin to be seen as lying. As for friends, it would depend on who they were. There are friends and there are people who claim to be friends. Could be drug dealers or something shady given the presence of the speakers. Where did the speakers come from? Why did Kevin need to hide them?

I have said it before and will say it again from personal experience. Lower Addiscombe Road can be busy and deserted within moments. Cars come fast and do not always stop at the crossing by what at the time was the Black Horse pub. A hit and run with a body would be ever so easy. It is a theory.

What is intriguing is that the police searched the Shirley Hills, Ashburton and probably Bingham Park. There may be information the public has not been given. Why would you search a park for a missing 16 year old so quickly? Indeed, why would they search Shirley Hills which is not all that near? Perhaps there is a connection between where Kevin went, the speakers and his disappearance.

I think they have always been looking for a body for some reason. There has to have been an early reason to look where they did for a body. Then we have the woman who rang the Croydon Advertiserclaiming to know where the body was andnow they want to speak to her again....

What I don't get is why information is so late in coming out. My suspicion is the police have a better idea than we know, but cannot find the proof they need.

I agree I believe kevin did go and meet with a friend. If that is the case Who was this friend, why have they not come forward and are they involved in His disappearance in some way. I believe there's a lot more to this case then meets the eye.

I find the phone calls the the Hicks home interesting. I don't believe that Kevin was making them. The police made the mistake of treating this as a missing persons case instead of a abduction. The person responsible for his disappearance, who I believe knew the Hicks Family and had knowledge of their personal information, used this as a ruse to throw authorities off the trail. Make them think Kevin was still alive.

Furthermore, it would seem strange for a 16 year old to be groomed or tricked. Kevin for sure met up with someone the know that night. The eggs thing is a story he said to get out of the house.

One other thing. Did Kevin ever mention to his friends that he was hanging out with an older person? This person not only convinced Kevin not to mention him, but made him feel comfortable meeting him on a could Sunday night, knowing people are unlikely to be around. The trap set.

The more I think about it, if Kevin was seen waking around at 10 pm that night, maybe the person he was meeting made him wait longer. Just to make sure that he was alone and less people /witnesses around. I don't believe he was randomly taken. Seems unlikely.

The women phone caller 1996. Not sure what to make of this. Guilty conscience perhaps? Does not want to give up a loved one. Or playing games with the bill. Hard to say.

Same person calling the Hicks house is the person who called the newspaper in 1996. I think.

i think someone either feels guilty,is trying to convince the family and the police that kevin is still alive or its the abductor playing games.Someone in the area knows more then there saying. i am convinced of that,i dont think the answer to what happened to kevin lies to far away. I believe Kevin met with foul play and it was someone who was known to him, someone who may be known to his family and people living in the local area. As ive said before there are similarities between kevin going missing and lee boxell. My gut feeling is that the same person is responsible for both .

I agree. The answer to Kevin's disappearance and the person responsible is not that far away. Just a thought, have we considered that this person may be an authority figure? Teacher or even in the police force?

The reason I say this? It seems carefully planned and executed. The person has left little or no trail we know of. Furthermore, if there are no known suspects, this person may not seem obvious to authorities......just my thoughts.

The between Lee and Kevin's cases. They do have similarities. Not sure of the distance from each area where the boys disappeared. Did Lee's family also receive strange phone calls? Serial murderers tend to have and commit similar acts and behaviours.

The between Lee and Kevin's cases. They do have similarities. Not sure of the distance from each area where the boys disappeared. Did Lee's family also receive strange phone calls? Serial murderers tend to have and commit similar acts and behaviours.

Croydon and addiscombe are not that far apart. I don't believe his family received phone calls. but the fact two 15 year old boys vanish not that far away from each other and no trace is found of either. Points to the cases being linked, I believe Kevin knew his abductor, I think Lee's abduction was probably opotunistic, wrong place wrong time. I can't explain why but Ive always felt that mark garvey who went missing in bootle in 1987 could be linked as well. I know bootle is along way from Surrey but it's once again another 15 year old boy who vanished into thin air.

Croydon and addiscombe are not that far apart. I don't believe his family received phone calls. but the fact two 15 year old boys vanish not that far away from each other and no trace is found of either. Points to the cases being linked, I believe Kevin knew his abductor, I think Lee's abduction was probably opotunistic, wrong place wrong time. I can't explain why but Ive always felt that mark garvey who went missing in bootle in 1987 could be linked as well. I know bootle is along way from Surrey but it's once again another 15 year old boy who vanished into thin air.
Lee went missing most likely in Sutton NOT Croydon. He said he was heading for Selhurst Park in Croydon but an eyewitness placed him in Sutton. Kevin went missing in Addiscombe which is an area within Croydon borough. It's within walking distance of Croydon town centre or a short bus ride (or tram nowadays).

Sutton and Croydon are neighbouring boroughs. IMO I think a link could be likely based on this.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Lee went missing most likely in Sutton NOT Croydon. He said he was heading for Selhurst Park in Croydon but an eyewitness placed him in Sutton. Kevin went missing in Addiscombe which is an area within Croydon borough. It's within walking distance of Croydon town centre or a short bus ride (or tram nowadays).

Sutton and Croydon are neighbouring boroughs. IMO I think a link could be likely based on this.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
There was also a witness who didn't want to get involved at the time who said she saw a boy matching Lee's description appearing to be giving a man directions. This makes me think if that boy was lee could that have been his abductor and could that man have been responsible for Kevin's abduction as well.

I was reading the recent news articles regaining Kevin being groomed and the large reward for any information. I fear that we may never know what happened that night (I HOPE I AM WRONG). The trail has been cold for years, you would think that something would have shaken loose by now.

Furthermore, if the person who is responsible for Kevin's disappearance was a middle aged man at the time, he would be around 70 years old. If not older. May not be alive at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back