CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Does anyone know about the time she spent with the BF. Did they go home and everything was fine or was there ever a "relationship" talk where she was upset and was waiting to sober up and leave or was everything fine. It said she had a panic attack at 4am. Did she wake up and have a panic attack or did they stay up all night long talking and she had a panic attack attack.

I think it would be helpful to know the details of the date and their night. I've been out with a guy where I wanted more of a relationship and it didn't go the way I wanted but because I was drinking I waited to be more sober to drive home. I wish the BF was more open about the night so we could tell her mindset.

My only guess as to what happened to her, ruling out voluntary disappearance, is that driving home late at night by herself, someone saw her and began following her in their vehicle. After that, it's a huge question mark.
The only reason that came to mind is because I just recently read a story like that on reddit. This woman was followed from the freeway all the way to her neighborhood entrance. She didn't want to lead him to her house so she kept driving to the police station and he finally drove off.
With that being said, I don't know if I really think that is what happened to her. It's just the only scenario I could come up with, because this is a pretty strange disappearance. Then again, which ones aren't?
:-/
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about a follower too. Especially because her windows are not tinted at all, you can see right through from the back of the car to the front. She is an attractive young woman who could've been seen and followed. Maybe even pulled over by a fake cop car or somebody at gunpoint while she was driving?

I can't even imagine how her family feels right now. Roller coaster. :(

My apologies in advance if the article below has already been posted. I just feel that it gives a clearer timeline. This article (by LA Daily News) states:

"What bothers Susan Park is the roughly hour of video footage on Jan. 28 from 6:05 a.m. to 7:14 a.m. — when Elaine Park’s vehicle is leaving her boyfriend’s home in the 2600 block of Delphine Lane Calabasas but before she is seen leaving through a community gate. That time period is unaccounted for, Susan Park said.

[I do not believe the italicized part is quite accurate -due to poor reporting/writing-, and that the video only shows it is Elaine's car leaving through the community gate, but not necessary who was driving. This is only my opinion and is purely speculative.]

She said she received two DVD’s with private footage and community footage that omits the hour.

'It was almost pitch dark,' Susan Park said, when her daughter’s car leaves the community gate at 7:14 a.m. — roughly 69 minutes after she drove away from her boyfriend’s house. 'You can’t really see if it’s her as the vehicle is driving out. You clearly see a license plate number.'"

In the meantime, KABC (as posted upthread) reported:
"Susan Park and her friend scanned security video Tuesday night, which showed images of Park's daughter, Elaine. She was last seen shortly after 6 a.m. on Jan. 28 as she headed to her car at her former boyfriend's Calabasas home.
Park said Div told her Elaine then changed and left the house. But Park said her daughter didn't look distressed or panicked in the video. The footage shows Elaine walking outside, but for some reason the video stops at 6:05 a.m.

Her car is shown leaving the gated community, but it's too dark to see the driver."
All BBM.

As per the same KABC report:
Sometime in the evening of 1/27: Surveillance video provided by Elaine's ex-boyfriend shows him "and Elaine leave in an Uber to see a movie."

Just after 1 a.m. 1/28: "The video captures them returning home."

4 a.m. 1/28: Ex-boyfriend told her mom Elaine "'all of the sudden got up shaking and singing, and it looked like a panic attack.'" He also told her "'Elaine then changed and left the house.'"

6:05 a.m. 1/28:
KABC: Elaine "was last seen shortly after 6 a.m. on Jan. 28 as she headed to her car at her former boyfriend's Calabasas home."
LA Daily News: "Elaine Park’s vehicle" leaves "her boyfriend’s home."

7:14 a.m. 1/28:
LA Daily News: "'It was almost pitch dark,' Susan Park said, when her daughter’s car leaves the community gate at 7:14 a.m. — roughly 69 minutes after she drove away from her boyfriend’s house."

One thing that is still unclear to me:
KABC: "[The private security] video stops at 6:05 a.m."
LA Daily News: "[Elaine's mom] said she received two DVD’s with private footage and community footage that omits the hour [or the 69-minute period between 6:05 a.m. and 7:14 a.m.]"
So it is safe to assume that the home security video footage stops at 6:05 a.m., IMO. How about the community footage? Is it missing the hour, too? I cannot tell for sure from the way the LA Daily News article reads.

Also of note from the LA Daily News article: [According to Elaine's mom] "'(t)hey didn’t search the (boyfriend’s) main house; they didn’t take the K-9 to go through the gated community or even inside the backyard or whatever. They didn’t do that ... it’s just too quick.'"

Something happened after Elaine went to her car at 6:05 a.m., IMO - something the ex-boyfriend and his family do not want anyone to see. I also suspect it was someone other than Elaine driving her car as it left the community gate at 7:14 a.m. As Elaine's mom says, they really need to release all video footage from Jan. 28 to Feb. 2 to her and/or LE.

Another thing I find interesting is the ex-boyfriend's comment about Elaine experiencing a panic-attack-like episode. I suspect this is somehow relevant to her disappearance, as to how, I have no idea. I do not believe it was a panic attack, though.

Sources:
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...eks-answers-weeks-after-daughter-went-missing
http://abc7.com/news/family-pleads-for-help-to-find-glendale-woman-missing-since-january/1766991/

I've been following in the background. I read a comment by the admin of the Help Find Elaine Park page regarding that missing hour-ish time difference from the two different cameras, the one at the house and the one at the community gate.
Help Find Elaine Park "The Glendale PD said the Community CCTV time was off. one hour back/forth was not corrected"
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindelainepark/posts/1799637660362483

I am not sure, but interpret that to mean that the camera's timeclock (due to daylight savings) was not changed on the community camera, so the time was ahead by an hour. So actually the car is seen going through at 6:14, or 9 minutes after the other camera shows her person heading towards her car. While sounding all too convenient, it is plausible. Especially with the mother quoted in the Daily News article as saying "It was almost pitch dark" when the car leaves the community gate at 7:14am. Would it not be somewhat lighter than "pitch dark" after 7am?
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...eks-answers-weeks-after-daughter-went-missing

I've been following in the background. I read a comment by the admin of the Help Find Elaine Park page regarding that missing hour-ish time difference from the two different cameras, the one at the house and the one at the community gate.
Help Find Elaine Park "The Glendale PD said the Community CCTV time was off. one hour back/forth was not corrected"

I am not sure, but interpret that to mean that the camera's timeclock (due to daylight savings) was not changed on the community camera, so the time was ahead by an hour. So actually the car is seen going through at 6:14, or 9 minutes after the other camera shows her person heading towards her car. While sounding all too convenient, it is plausible. Especially with the mother quoted in the Daily News article as saying "It was almost pitch dark" when the car leaves the community gate at 7:14am. Would it not be somewhat lighter than "pitch dark" after 7am?

First time poster, a little confused. BF claims she awoke at 4am with a panick attack, changing and leaving quickly yet video shows her walking out of his house at 6 am what did she do for the other 2 hours? makes no sense especially if he claims she left abruptly

I interpreted it the same way, that the community camera was off by an hour and she left at 6:14am. The sun starts rising here around 6:30am but it is still very dark at 6:14am. I leave my house at 7:15am and it is full on bright outside.

First time poster, a little confused. BF claims she awoke at 4am with a panick attack, changing and leaving quickly yet video shows her walking out of his house at 6 am what did she do for the other 2 hours? makes no sense especially if he claims she left abruptly

Welcome! I thought that was strange as well. Also his description of what he interpreted as Elaine having a panic attack: shaking and singing. Maybe he is just not very familiar with panic attacks but I have never seen anyone start singing during an episode. Not saying anything bad by it but just thought it was strange that he immediately thought panic attack based on the way she was acting.

I believe Elaine was prone to panic attacks but can't back that up with a link.
I agree that the story from 4-6 sounds fishy. Maybe he woke up and didn't like look at the clock....just estimated the time?

ETA: But what does he mean by singing? Who sings during a panic attack? Maybe humming? Hahaha Lalipop sorry I didn't see your post. That's what I get for multitasking and having this post open for thirty minutes.

I believe Elaine was prone to panic attacks but can't back that up with a link.
I agree that the story from 4-6 sounds fishy. Maybe he woke up and didn't like look at the clock....just estimated the time?

ETA: But what does he mean by singing? Who sings during a panic attack? Maybe humming? Hahaha Lalipop sorry I didn't see your post. That's what I get for multitasking and having this post open for thirty minutes.

Could be a method she used to calm herself? It seems she is seen walking to her car at 6:00 and her car leaving the neighborhood at 6:14. So, its possible something happened to her in those few minutes and it was not her driving the car out of the neighborhood. However, much more likely something happened after she left the neighborhood at 6:14. IMO.

Could be a method she used to calm herself? It seems she is seen walking to her car at 6:00 and her car leaving the neighborhood at 6:14. So, its possible something happened to her in those few minutes and it was not her driving the car out of the neighborhood. However, much more likely something happened after she left the neighborhood at 6:14. IMO.

So she walked to her car at 6:05 and left the gated community at 6:14. I don't think anything happened to her in those 9 minutes. There are only about 7 houses in the gates. I Think what happened to her also happened outside the gates. We also have 4 days unaccounted for before they found the car. She could have gone somewhere after leaving his house. I hope her phone had clues on it.

Where are you, Elaine?

I noticed today on the Help Find FB Page they are offering a small reward for her passcode to her phone.

That is truly sad the companies to these cell phones are not allowed to give that info out for cases like these. I can only imagine the clues that are on it. Come to think of it I don't know the codes to my kiddos phones God forbid I would need it to that or their computers.

Hoping a break in the case is soon for this beautiful girl.

I noticed today on the Help Find FB Page they are offering a small reward for her passcode to her phone.

That is truly sad the companies to these cell phones are not allowed to give that info out for cases like these. I can only imagine the clues that are on it. Come to think of it I don't know the codes to my kiddos phones God forbid I would need it to that or their computers.

Hoping a break in the case is soon for this beautiful girl.

I agree . I wish social media apps , apple and cell companies had a waiver that gave you the ability to appoint a person to have full access to your account if it has been proven you are missing or passed. FB launched legacy however I believe that may only be in death of the user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has any explanation been given as to why the security footage 'stopped'? What seems odd to me is that the footage shows her heading towards her car, but not getting into her car and driving off the actual property. Unless it does, and the news report just didn't show all of it. Does anyone know?

If it does not show in full, then why not? if you are trying to reassure people that someone has left your property safe and well, why not provide that footage in full? As for the times on the cameras, who is to say that the timestamp on the first footage is accurate, if the timestamp on the second footage is not? Is it possible to doctor the timestamp after the event? If the camera is your own?

There is definitely something dubious about the 'car driving away but you can't see who's driving' video. I think it might be in an old episode of Columbo, maybe that's why it's making me suspicious...

Wait a second.. Can't LE or the FBI easily hack into a cell phone? How is $1000.00 to random people going to acquire the passcode? Pay a hacker? Best guesser? Try 0000 then bring me my money.

Wait a second.. Can't LE or the FBI easily hack into a cell phone? How is $1000.00 to random people going to acquire the passcode? Pay a hacker? Best guesser? Try 0000 then bring me my money.

Yea.. I don't understand that either. I would think it would be best to pay a hacker too. Damn.. give me the phone and her best friend and I'm sure I could figure it out too.

Has any explanation been given as to why the security footage 'stopped'? What seems odd to me is that the footage shows her heading towards her car, but not getting into her car and driving off the actual property. Unless it does, and the news report just didn't show all of it. Does anyone know?

If it does not show in full, then why not? if you are trying to reassure people that someone has left your property safe and well, why not provide that footage in full? As for the times on the cameras, who is to say that the timestamp on the first footage is accurate, if the timestamp on the second footage is not? Is it possible to doctor the timestamp after the event? If the camera is your own?

There is definitely something dubious about the 'car driving away but you can't see who's driving' video. I think it might be in an old episode of Columbo, maybe that's why it's making me suspicious...

I too am confused by the footage because at the top it says around 1 am. So I don't think I have seen any footage of her leaving. Also on the FB page it says the entire video isn't uploaded because the file is to big.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back