GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

Ben Hill County

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Is Snapdragon Road property considered, Ocilla or Fitzgerald (Irwin or Ben Hill county)?

There was a property "Equestrian" for sale in Ben Hill county that has a pond and is described as a pecan orchard. Sure looks beautiful from an ariel view.
Lot's of pecan orchards in Georgia!

Adding, I think I answered my question.
The Snapdragan Road fire location is slightly east of Tara's house so wouldn't be in BH county; the town of Fitzgerald is north and may be in Ben Hill county. Looks to be right on the border of Irwin and BH.

Snapdragon is Irwin County

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Anyone else thinking that maybe RD was hired by someone else to commit this crime?

Nothing would surprise me!

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Sundrop your like a drop of Sunshine! You were there for Tara from the beginning!

Which fire? Do you mean the house and car fire?

Which fire? Do you mean the house and car fire?

Yes, the house and car fire on Snapdragon Road. I wasn't sure if the property is the same as where the pond was searched/drained (which is north of Ocilla I believe).
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I've watched TV shows about Tara's case but never followed her case since it goes back to 2005. My interest in crime cases didn't begin until 2008.

Oh, is there another fire too?

There isn't another fire I was just afraid I had missed out on another fire! ☺

Too much on TV tonight. I wish we had the podcast now.
Wishes, wishes.

AOL article on Feb.23/17 mentions that her sister said that Tara took took self-defense classes & would have fought back if someone had attacked her. Does anyone know how advanced she was in self-defense training.

It looks like he may not have confessed at all nor showed them where the remains are.

From your link:

"Investigators confirmed they have not found her remains."

So this may be the story he told whomever came in and finally ratted him out.

The only thing they found missing was her purse and keys. A perfect ruse to make others think she had ridden off with someone else. Nancy Grace said the house was pristine with everything in its place. If he went there to do a real burglary there would be closet doors open and drawers pulled out. Nancy also said they found clay on her car tires and she always kept her vehicle neat and clean. So he may have used her own vehicle to transport her thinking people would think it was Tara driving away from her home and then brought it back.

LEs theory of the case may change as more investigation is done. Its really like a new investigation now that they know who the suspect finally is but had no clue for years that he was any way connected to her murder. Unless this guy was a drug addict back then and there is no evidence of that I don't think he would pick a school teacher's home to break in knowing they make very little money especially in a small town like Ocilla. And if he was really there to do a burglary and only took her purse and keys then he knew beforehand she would be home in order to obtain those two items. He takes her keys but not her vehicle? He didnt come there to do a burglary, imo.

Even if he is saying this was the reason he knows even if they locate her remains now they cannot prove he went there to sexually assault her since there would be no evidence of that this many years later.

Do we know for sure if the dogs were never brought inside of her home? The reason I asked is even if the person was killed in their home if they were taken out quickly the cadaver dog wouldnt pick up a scent of decomp. Iirc it takes about 45-70 minutes for decomp to set in once a person is deceased. Imo, by then she was gone from her home.

In the Scott Peterson case the police and DA believed Laci was strangled on her bed and then soon after bundled up in a tarp and hauled to the SFB in his boat where he disposed of her and Conner Yet the cadaver dogs did not alert inside of her home.

IMO

ITA. If it were simply a burglary gone wrong, I think the perp would have left her there and fled ASAP. Why take the risk of getting caught in the act of trying to dispose of her body?

Im just on episode 4 Upandvanished...........Does anybody else think.........scapegoat??? This is really strange, lots and lots of strange things and ignored information by PD/GBI and seems one expert as a different version than another expert, the right hand dont know what the left hand is doing STS

Im just on episode 4 Upandvanished...........Does anybody else think.........scapegoat??? This is really strange, lots and lots of strange things and ignored information by PD/GBI and seems one expert as a different version than another expert, the right hand dont know what the left hand is doing STS

and why after 11/12 years? Would it be SOMEBODY felt forced to close this case due to Payne Lindsey Up and Vanishing Podcast stirring it up? Either way, the GBI was WAY off, this guys was not even suspected ever.....would YOU trust them to solve your murder? OR the Ocilla PD/GBI is crooked...............and if you know Sheriff Sills in Putnam, who refused to use them from some probable (MO) past conflict...........knows what he's talking about...............oh well I have a long way to listen on podcast.........getting back to it

No, I belive they have the right guy.
Odd case, Payne Lindsey starts his documentary investigation 10 years after her death IIRC, then suddenly there is an arrest of one who was not even suspected, LOL, will be interesting to get more info

Tara and Ryan did know one another. He was in her class.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back