IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted Bundy. John Gotti. OJ Simpson. Countless others. This idea that violent criminals are primarily dirty, ill-dressed, poor, drifters, undocumented, etc is precisely why so many of these men get away with their violence for so long.

The numbers tell us that men are the perpetrators of these crimes in such an extreme ratio, I would put the idea of a female accomplice very, very low on the list. Like last. It's not impossible, but it is extremely unlikely. If there's an accomplice (which I doubt), he would most likely be another male.

As far as personal safety, crimes like this are not common at all. I wouldn't want to go through life scared of my own shadow. Truth be told, women are in far more danger at home with their boyfriends or husbands. According to the numbers posted in the past few threads, that's not necessarily true of children, but the numbers of strangers vs known individuals are only slightly in favor of the stranger-as-perpetrator.

You're probably right. While this video was taken at a distance, any video of the crime itself would have to be up close, giving a better view of the killer. The fact that there's no sketch tells us that there's probably very little additional footage.

Agreed. There are far too many things that could go wrong if he relied on a stranger for transportation. And if he hitchhiked out, how did he arrive? Hitchhiking in? If so, why stop in Delphi and wander out onto the trails?

LE do searches at all hours. It's not a 9-to-5 thing. In fact, they often serve warrants away from public areas and in the middle of the night to avoid putting standers-by from being put in danger. Doing something like that in a workplace is dangerous for all involved. Unless it was a case of not having a home address for him, I think it was probably not the best option.

Additionally, they have had to issue yet another warning to people to stop spreading rumors and making things up, especially online. A public display like this only adds to the problems they're already dealing with.

In response to both of these, I think they are just trying to cover all their bases. I don't think it is indicative of anything beyond that. They wanted people to be thinking of all possibilities at the beginning. They have access to the billboards. Why not use them just in case. Here in Arizona, we are stuffed to the gills with snowbirds this time of year, especially people from the Midwest. Someone who knows him could be here wintering, so having the information here could help. Or in Florida. Or in any of these southern states where snowbirds like to spend the winters.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

bbm - I think in this particular case the possibility of a female accomplice should be a bit higher on the list since a couple was seen at the park around the time the girls vanished.

I just realised the pdf file with #1nana's pics that NIN posted is labelled 'Indiana Nana' (binder) All I can see on the tab I have open is Indiana Nana. I cant stop laughing and I'm sure it's not that funny !

:laughing::laughing:

Uhhh...sorry. I filed all pics in reference with this case under "Indiana". So Nana went indeed to Indiana..;--) Skibaboo, you are too funny!

Sorry for that, #1nana. If you mind, I'll change it of course.

-Nin

-Nin

I'm sure it's been asked but why is everyone saying instagram when it was snapchat. My hometown is DRO (Durango, Co) don't care to say much more about that for a few reasons. I'm new here and the first place I checked after seeing an article was here. Where I grew up we could hike alone, fish alone, and hunt alone.

POLL:

1-Drifter
2-SK
3-1 sp for a meet up; girls thought he was a teen when they talked to him online
4- 2 sp's for a meet up; the girls thought they were teens when they talk to them online
5-sex trafficking attempt
6-chance encounter

I'd say #2.

someone in kokomo was questioned (and, it is said, gave a DNA sample) and released today in regards to this case and the rumor mill is hopping. it's not discussible because there's no MSM links available. mods are watching closely and we're all behaving. the person who was questioned has a criminal history related to children as I understand it. locals suggest its all big news as far as gossip/rumor/discussion of locals goes there right now.

Thank you for that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm - I think in this particular case the possibility of a female accomplice should be a bit higher on the list since a couple was seen at the park around the time the girls vanished.

Wait.... I thought they said they had spoken to everyone that they knew was at the park that day EXCEPT bridge guy..... which would mean he's probably not part of the couple. I remembering that wrong?

instagram couldbe the key to the case . Although it could just be that it was Shut down when LE found the pic/video that was posted on it by the girls when on the bridge. And maybe there was no previous connection with it and the perp other than the pictures on the bridge that day. MOO

edit i'm thinking i am mistaken and those were from snapchat, but not positive

POLL:

1-Drifter
2-SK
3-1 sp for a meet up; girls thought he was a teen when they talked to him online
4- 2 sp's for a meet up; the girls thought they were teens when they talk to them online
5-sex trafficking attempt
6-chance encounter
2 and 6

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It's widely reported, for example, that two search warrants have been executed in the investigation — one west of Delphi two weeks ago and another on Saturday in Peru. The warrants did not produce a suspect in the girls' slaying, and no one has been arrested, Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said.

"I don't have an exact number, but it’s more than the two you know about,” he said. “We actually made arrests as we’re investigating this case.”

But the arrests are not related to the killings.

“If we come across a suspect and/or witness — or anybody — during this investigation, and we find out they’re wanted on a warrant for some other activity that has nothing to do with the double homicide, we can’t turn a blind eye to that. So we’ve made arrests,” he said.

Investigators have spoken to hundreds of possible witnesses and suspects in this case, and they will continue to talk with people until the case is over, he said. Those conversations with investigators should not be misconstrued as the person being a suspect or person of interest, Slocum cautioned, noting that social media posts have made wild allegations about people in the community.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ve-vague-glimpse-into-investigation/98545664/

instagram couldbe the key to the case . Although it could just be that it was Shut down if police pulled it when they found the pic/video posted on it by the girls. And maybe there was no previous connection with it and the perp other than the pictures on the bridge that day. MOO

I checked Libby's Instagram about a week ago. No video or pic of the crime was posted... don't think that would be possible or something she would have wanted to do anyway. They may just be shutting it down for her privacy, or there's something on there they find off. Who knows. JMO.

This is MY OPINION ONLY -

Instagram plays a key role in this crime.

LE has wiped it. It was available to look at previously, and now it is not. Libby's other SM accounts are still live.

JMO
It's still up.

I second that! Any ideas on when it went offline and why?

Well the obvious answer is there was something on there either LE or the family didn't want the public to see, could be either one. Perhaps something LE didn't want the killer to see... what about an identifying mark on one of the girls that only the killer would know about? all just speculation and MOO

I checked Libby's Instagram about a week ago. No video or pic of the crime was posted... don't think that would be possible or something she would have wanted to do anyway. They may just be shutting it down for her privacy, or there's something on there they find off. Who knows. JMO.

JMO, but i would think LE is still monitoring those accounts to see if ppl post on them....

Just SOME of the envelopes sent in to help with the reward money to catch the killer of these 2 girls who went to walk a trail in the woods and were MURDERED.

attachment.php

https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV

Attachments

• C5slA-eWUAIeACH.jpg
    C5slA-eWUAIeACH.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 532
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online