Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has this witness said that they had an accent?
We have heard Borce and Vasko speak and they don't have an accent relating to Macedonia.
Strange....
"Macedon resident Dean told the Herald Sun he thought the men were from Serbia, Macedonia or the Balkans as they had an accent."
From...
http://www.news.com.au/news/mystery...t/news-story/f88756de58fb638dab11ce6f9106997f

We really haven't had much to go on as far a voice and accents from either Borce or Vasko apart from a few sentences ..... Maybe this Dean guy had more to qo on...

It was discribed that he had a conversation with one of the men.... .maybe he just picked up a slight difference.... and was able to place the accent.

Or else...this witness is lying......can't think of one reason why he would though.

Vasko doesn't have an accent either . They were either born here or must have migrated at a very young age.

I haven't heard Vasko speak ..... do you have a link?

I can't remember where I found it .... but th brothers were not born here...

I'll try to find the link for that ...

Ok...so found the original article where I had read when he came out to Australia....but somehow that mention has been magically removed from the article...

Grr gremlins.....

When he originally came out was reported in the article linked below.....the same one its not in now.

But if you type in your search bar as I did... Macedonia Ristevski came Karen
The return searches will show multiple pages....one will include in the blurb about him coming to Australia.

Sorry I can screenshot off my Ipad.... don't know how...

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...h/news-story/1875f9c28ec39a2301e80b103ab996bb

We really haven't had much to go on as far a voice and accents from either Borce or Vasko apart from a few sentences ..... Maybe this Dean guy had more to qo on...

It was discribed that he had a conversation with one of the men.... .maybe he just picked up a slight difference.... and was able to place the accent.

Or else...this witness is lying......can't think of one reason why he would though.
This witness will be crashed by defence lawyer, his accent if you wanna call that an accent is not even close to how Yugoslavians speak. Its impossible to determine but this accent expert was so certain to pinpoint it as a maco or serb.

All these plays into killers favor and Borces, hopefully police have something more convincing

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

This witness will be crashed by defence lawyer, his accent if you wanna call that an accent is not even close to how Yugoslavians speak. Its impossible to determine but this accent expert was so certain to pinpoint it as a maco or serb.

All these plays into killers favor and Borces, hopefully police have something more convincing

Yeah Didi I can't qualify why this witness was able to zero in on an accent attributed to either.....what was quoted?...Mmm Serbia, Macedonia..the Balkans. ...my life skills may be limited in comparison to the witness.

I still haven't had a link where Vasko is speaking....so can't comment on his accent.

I would imagine there may be some difference in accents across such a large geographical area in what was known previously as Yugoslavia in 1990..... it included...Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. ..

Lol...google my friend.

Point being....thats a very large area....larger than Australia...

As far as the witness..... if it was southern, new york or Californian. ....I'd suppose I'd group them all in and say an American accent...... Not politically correct. ...but then again Im no expert....

Skotts....n ...English....

Sad but true we as humans tend to group accents to one region......may not be the exact right region...

At the end of the day....... one reason for the witness to lie??.......

Maybe someone with some courage will ask why Anthony was asking Chris for a gun....

So stupid for Chris to even share that information with ACA.....does him more harm than good if ask me.

Beggars belief that such an obvious question wasn't asked..... such as why would he ask you that??.....are you someone he would presume could obtain a handgun? Why?

Pathetic.....why no followup?

Maybe someone with courage.....integrity....basic fricken interest will ask that question.......may put a whole new spin on the invesigation.

“I didn’t go to (ACA) asking for money, they offered me money,” Mr Rickard said........................

A Current Affair tonight confirmed it had offered Mr Rickard a “fictitious” $50,000.
But the show claimed he had then sought $200,000 and claimed it was never going to pay him “one cent”.

He shared the full details of a “family conflict” and claims made to police during the investigation into Mrs Ristevksi’s disappearance, which the Herald Sun chose not to publish.
Mr Rickard said he declined an offer of $50,000 from ACA, saying it was not enough to *potentially “ruin his life” by having sensitive and personal information aired on TV.

Photos shared by Nine on social media in its so-called “investigation” depict Mr *Rickard smoking an unknown substance. However, Mr Rickard said he had nothing to hide and had *repeatedly admitted in public — including to police and the Herald Sun — to having used ice.

He said that he was willing to share his story on television in exchange for a network to pay for his drug rehabilitation and psychologists. He did not dispute negotiating a deal but said Nine had been underhanded in its tactics.
“At the end of the day I’ll do it for free on YouTube — because I’ve got nothing to lose,” Mr Rickard said....................

The Herald Sun was contacted repeatedly last month by the same ACA team of producers that asked for Mr Rickard’s phone number. Mr Rickard has since been communicating with producers from Nine and other networks.
It came after the paper’s exclusive interview with Mr Rickard last month. At no stage did Mr *Rickard ask the Herald Sun for money, nor was he paid.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e/news-story/e63b7a02b5f6baeb488be8fe9c3a823a

I wonder if anyone got paid for their interview?

Maybe someone with some courage will ask why Anthony was asking Chris for a gun....

So stupid for Chris to even share that information with ACA.....does him more harm than good if ask me.

Beggars belief that such an obvious question wasn't asked..... such as why would he ask you that??.....are you someone he would presume could obtain a handgun? Why?

Pathetic.....why no followup?

Maybe someone with courage.....integrity....basic fricken interest will ask that question.......may put a whole new spin on the invesigation.

I also thought it interesting that CR mentioned that AR owed him money from his grandmothers inheritance. I mean what is the significance? Does the public need to know where the $ came from?

I also thought it interesting that CR mentioned that AR owed him money from his grandmothers inheritance. I mean what is the significance? Does the public need to know where the $ came from?

I wouldnt think so....

Hold ya breath.....maybe in the next day or so...someone with courage will ask the harder questions..

Off to bed.....xx

Actually size of Yugoslavia is not that big, roughly the same as Victoria.
Im from that region so i m expert on accents[emoji14] , yes if they speak their own language i can accurately tell which part they hail from but when they speak English then its harder to pinpoint which republic, they basically sounds the same.
Bottom line, br have no Balkan accent. Period.

Yeah Didi I can't qualify why this witness was able to zero in on an accent attributed to either.....what was quoted?...Mmm Serbia, Macedonia..the Balkans. ...my life skills may be limited in comparison to the witness.

I still haven't had a link where Vasko is speaking....so can't comment on his accent.

I would imagine there may be some difference in accents across such a large geographical area in what was known previously as Yugoslavia in 1990..... it included...Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. ..

Lol...google my friend.

As far as the witness..... if it was southern, new york or Californian. ....I'd suppose I'd group them all in and say an American accent...... Not politically correct. ...but then again Im no expert....

Sad but true we as humans tend to group accents to one region......may not be the exact right region...

BBM.

Not to nitpick Puggle ( :) ) but it's definitely not bigger than Australia. Australia is larger than all of Europe :)

Lol...google my friend.

BBM.

Not to nitpick Puggle ( :) ) but it's definitely not bigger than Australia. Australia is nearly the same size as all of Europe :)

Times mobile phone pings have helped police crack murder case

Unbeknown to many, however, is that even if a phone is turned off, it runs a hidden operating system that is always turned on.

I think that's a leaning a bit to far in the direction of creative journalism, with a touch of conspiratorial scare mongering thrown is.

Yes certain code is active when a phone is off. It's called BIOS or Firmware, and runs in a very low power mode for simple functions like looking for button presses to signal it's time to boot up & load the main operating system.

Searching for towers when powered down; No. That would have it flattening it's battery fairly quickly in non-service areas.

While I'm not an expert on phone operating systems, there's a few other forums out there where code savvy developers pull OS's like Android apart to see how they work, find out what the code does, make changes & remove restrictions put in place by vendors etc.

These people would spot that sort of activity in a phones OS customisation a mile off & would make it publicly known; "Don't buy *advertiser censored* it's completely active when powered off....", etc.

What they do include "Rooting" phones, which is getting access to the OS at the very lowest level.

My understanding is that there is difference between phone being turned off vs flat battery, if its only turned off its still pinging nearest tower, no?
When bat is flat then no pings?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Why has this witness said that they had an accent?
We have heard Borce and Vasko speak and they don't have an accent relating to Macedonia.
Strange....
"Macedon resident Dean told the Herald Sun he thought the men were from Serbia, Macedonia or the Balkans as they had an accent."
From...
http://www.news.com.au/news/mystery...t/news-story/f88756de58fb638dab11ce6f9106997f

I know that I am in the minority with this ... but I think Borce has a bit of a mixed accent, from the snippets we have heard from him. Aussie a lot of the time, with a hint of non-Aussie at other times.

I lived overseas for a long time. People say the same about me. Very Aussie accent most of the time, with hints of another accent too. I would never have thought so, having spent most of my life here and my time away was as an adult, but people who don't know me sometimes ask where my accent is from (and I think, what accent?? hahaha ) But I tell them where I had lived, and it explains it all to them.

My understanding is that there is difference between phone being turned off vs flat battery, if its only turned off its still pinging nearest tower, no?

If the display is turned off & IE the phone can still ring it's not considered off.

If on say my Galaxy S7e, I hold the power button in, and then choose "Power Off", it's completely shutdown, except of the lowest level of the BIOS that is waiting for the power button to be pressed.

All the rest of the electronics are not active, and the Android OS is not loaded.
Power usage is minute & none of the transmitters or receivers are operating.

Actually size of Yugoslavia is not that big, roughly the same as Victoria.
Im from that region so i m expert on accents[emoji14] , yes if they speak their own language i can accurately tell which part they hail from but when they speak English then its harder to pinpoint which republic, they basically sounds the same.
Bottom line, br have no Balkan accent. Period.

Maybe the witness was just stereotyping ...it happens...

Maybe the witness was just stereotyping ...it happens...

Why would the witness be stereotyping? The witness did not know that the person they saw had any kind of cultural background. They are simply just stating what they saw and heard, and their perception of it.

And as far as others 'stereotyping', perhaps they are trying to look at the whole entire picture and see if any other factors come into play.

Other cultures are a wonderful thing. Australia is filled with a broad mix of them. They are all quite diverse, and all of them have good aspects and not-so-good aspects ... including our good ole Aussie culture.

This video, has them all talking .
https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affair/2017/clip-cizguytzg00020hmpjqhd0490

Borce, Vasko, Sarah and Karen's brother. Borces English is, I suppose, not one you would get growing up with Aussie parents. I would call it an English growing up with euro parents. For eg. He pronounced "with" as "wif".
But no way that this has anything to do with a bulkan accent.
I have a euro background and I would say hearing his English , I would just class that as growing up in a "non English" household.

Why would the witness be stereotyping? The witness did not know that the person they saw had any kind of cultural background. They are simply just stating what they saw and heard, and their perception of it.

And as far as others 'stereotyping', perhaps they are trying to look at the whole entire picture and see if any other factors come into play.

Other cultures are a wonderful thing. Australia is filled with a broad mix of them. They are all quite diverse, and all of them have good aspects and not-so-good aspects ... including our good ole Aussie culture.

Aussie ..... not sure what your on about...

Didi was saying that Borce and Vasko have no decernable accent as she is an expert....or at least because she is from that region....

I simply didnt have an answer for why the witness would say they looked to be Borce and Vasko and said they had an accent ....hence saying maybe the witness was sterotyping ......maybe the accent was added to the witness recollection after reading in the media that they were from Macedonian background .....he didn't come forward immediately...he actually waited till August 27 to ring through to tell crimestoppers what he saw. Apparently his encounter happened way back when she first went missing....so there was a fair bit of time between his encounter and him reporting.........I don't know..

And the rest of your post going on about different cultures etc...good and bad...

well...not really relevant to what I posted ....??

So Im a tad confused ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member