IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just redone and updated the case map database which I have linked below in my siggie with the one I have done for this case as well as the railway track and other missing cases map.

I'll add the link here if you are interested and have signatures hidden Case Map Database

Completely agree! Some people don't seem to understand the difference between a tip and a theory. LE can come up with plenty of their own theories (using a lot more resources based on a lot more information than the public has available). The only time a member of the public can help solve this case is if they have information that LE does NOT have and/or is not publicly available. You'd think this would be common sense, but evidently it's not.

Examples of things that are NOT "tips":
- "You should look into RSOs"
- "I think the perp might be hiding a gun. I can totally see the outline.
- "Check out the map of the crime scene and sketch of the suspect I made."
- "You should look into men who had knee replacements because my uncle had one and walks like that."

Examples of useful TIPS:
- "My co-worker looks a bit like the suspect, and I just found two pairs of girls panties in his desk drawer."
(If the victims were found fully clothed LE will quickly move on, but if they were found nude with their underwear missing they'd follow up on this.)

- "I found a bloody knife in my neighbor's garage. He claims he cut up a deer with it, but the story he gave me didn't add up."
(If the victims were strangled LE would probably dismiss the tip, but if they were stabbed they might follow up on it).

- "My husband has been acting strange since that day, and when I asked where his blue jacket and brown hoodie were he claimed he lost them, but he doesn't remember when or where."
(They would likely follow up on this due to someone reporting a close family member).

I realize that at the press conference they encouraged the public to call with any tips no matter how insignificant they seemed. However, I'm pretty sure they did NOT mean to call in with wild (or even plausible) theories. Hopefully within those 10,000 plus calls and emails they received there's a few that actually qualify as TIPS, and hopefully one will actually pan out. I'm just afraid that it's going to take much longer to get to that viable tip because they have to sort through 9,999 pieces of nonsense to get to it.
I think many cases have been solved by people submitting what you call nonsense. I wouldn't want anyone to teeter on whither to send a tip or not. LE knows how to sort through it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am at a loss for why the discussion of who died first or who he would have grabbed first causes so many people to get upset??? Its relevant to the case its relevant to trying to catch this perp. We have a very bad pic, trying to figure out a bit about his personality which we can gather clues about him from the crime. Yes Libby was taller, more athletic and weighed more than Abby that is a fact. If we are looking at who he could physically control easier than Abby would be the logical choice. I get this is an emotionally charged crime we all feel it but can we try to put some of that aside to have constructive conversations or is this just going to be about our feelings and trying to defend where defending is not necessary?

The problem is, there are not any facts or even strong speculative evidence to prove that one or the other was taken first. I think where it gets people upset is the fact that people have made very strong opinions based on little to no evidence. I tend to agree that being a victim friendly community(such as this is), We should maybe tread lightly when it comes to making speculative statements about the victims. just my 2 cents

Ok, I've looked but can't find the info in feeds from yesterday, specifically last night. Mods help me here. What from FB can we add? I was thinking about copying text only and then posting something someone called into LE as a tip a couple days ago. It's a young lady who stopped by side of road. It is the account of the hitch hiker, but as I read it was a local and not someone from out of the area. It had to do with a park trucked with flashers, no one there, then hitcher later down the road.

It's basically an account of the story with all the best details left out for LE purposes. Meaning no specific details.

... I think everyone in here including myself have thought they were targeted in one way or another, either SM, SK, took a photo of him and that made him angry ect... but no one that I can recall has stated that he just needed to kill and these two were there, am I understanding you correctly? so it could have been a husband and wife walking by and he would have done the same thing?

You can't speak for everyone here. There are lots of ideas floating around and chances that we all agree on one theory are very remote.

Completely agree! Some people don't seem to understand the difference between a tip and a theory. LE can come up with plenty of their own theories (using a lot more resources based on a lot more information than the public has available). The only time a member of the public can help solve this case is if they have information that LE does NOT have and/or is not publicly available. You'd think this would be common sense, but evidently it's not.

Examples of things that are NOT "tips":
- "You should look into RSOs"
- "I think the perp might be hiding a gun. I can totally see the outline.
- "Check out the map of the crime scene and sketch of the suspect I made."
- "You should look into men who had knee replacements because my uncle had one and walks like that."

Examples of useful TIPS:
- "My co-worker looks a bit like the suspect, and I just found two pairs of girls panties in his desk drawer."
(If the victims were found fully clothed LE will quickly move on, but if they were found nude with their underwear missing they'd follow up on this.)

- "I found a bloody knife in my neighbor's garage. He claims he cut up a deer with it, but the story he gave me didn't add up."
(If the victims were strangled LE would probably dismiss the tip, but if they were stabbed they might follow up on it).

- "My husband has been acting strange since that day, and when I asked where his blue jacket and brown hoodie were he claimed he lost them, but he doesn't remember when or where."
(They would likely follow up on this due to someone reporting a close family member).

I realize that at the press conference they encouraged the public to call with any tips no matter how insignificant they seemed. However, I'm pretty sure they did NOT mean to call in with wild (or even plausible) theories. Hopefully within those 10,000 plus calls and emails they received there's a few that actually qualify as TIPS, and hopefully one will actually pan out. I'm just afraid that it's going to take much longer to get to that viable tip because they have to sort through 9,999 pieces of nonsense to get to it.

Best Post Award!! Thank You! :loveyou:

What if it's a spouse that's totally afraid of her man and doesn't even have the financial means to survive without him?
If she turns him in she and her children are destitute. What if he's conditioned her to feel worthless?

This reward would give a woman like that two hundred and eleven thousand reasons to be able to finally make the break....

You got that right.
That's a wonderful new life.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not when there is $211 grand on the table ....

The problem is, there are not any facts or even strong speculative evidence to prove that one or the other was taken first. I think where we it gets people upset is the fact that people have made very strong opinions based on little to no evidence. I tend to agree that being a victim friendly community(such as this is), We should maybe tread lightly when it comes to make speculative statements about the victims. just my 2 cents

I agree. The information could be relevant if we knew it. But we don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I've looked but can't find the info in feeds from yesterday, specifically last night. Mods help me here. What from FB can we add? I was thinking about copying text only and then posting something someone called into LE as a tip a couple days ago. .

RSBM

Where is it posted? If it is on her personal account it can't be posted in any shape or form, if she posted it as a comment on an MSM (or LE) Facebook page you can link to that page and give time of post and initials but you can't copy any text over, or discuss it.

Not a mod but HTH

Isn't it possible that BM isn't the killer? LE has made mistakes in the past. What if he is totally unrelated, just a drifter or afraid to come forward because he doesn't want the attention or possibly wanted for another crime.

What would the discussion be if there was no picture? I am very afraid this case is turning cold, I don't see it being solved by identifying a fanny pack (no wait, its a long brown hoodie).

Actually, it doesn't matter. It doesn't solve the crime, nor assist in the least in accomplishing it. It's story telling fantasizing. It has no constructive benefit.
Well, to be fair, I'd say 80% of what we talk about in general has no constructive benefit except to make us feel useful.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Actually, it doesn't matter. It doesn't solve the crime, nor assist in the least in accomplishing it. It's story telling fantasizing. It has no constructive benefit.

I wave the white flag on this topic..... Fine since talking about the crime as it may or may not have happened accomplishes nothing then that should end all bridge discussions as well cause it doesn't matter where they were on the bridge when the crime happened. No more maps cause thats irrelevant. The only thing we will focus on are the pics of the perp and our feelings? Can we make another thread for those of us who want to theorize and are open to hearing what others may think happened. Im not offended by anyones ideas of this crime, the more people willing to theorize the better IMO. If I'm alone on that one I will respectful remain quiet on those topics and only discuss what the thread wants.

Grrrrrr
Every time I write a post the page refreshes and poof.
Very frustrating.
If your on a iPad the only thing that works for me is to go to settings, safari,then tick always block cookies.I have to enable them for other sites occasionally. It restored my sanity :deepbreaths::deepbreaths::deepbreaths:

Isn't it possible that BM isn't the killer? LE has made mistakes in the past. What if he is totally unrelated, just a drifter or afraid to come forward because he doesn't want the attention or possibly wanted for another crime.

What would the discussion be if there was no picture? I am very afraid this case is turning cold, I don't see it being solved by identifying a fanny pack (no wait, its a long brown hoodie).

Of course its possible, anything is possible at this point with the little information that has been released to the public. But IMO its not likely. BG is your suspect here in this case and the only other thing LE needs to determine is if he had help or acted alone.

Respectfully, the same argument can be made for 98% of the content contained in 18 threads. No one can be 'sleuthed' if they haven't been named a suspect, families are off limits, and theories have to be framed within that context. Unless someone can identify the suspect, no one here is going to solve this crime with one blurry photo and an aerial map.

If any of the guests browsing here are local to Delphi please sign up and join the coversation. Local insight would be amazing right now :)

Grrrrrr
Every time I write a post the page refreshes and poof.
Very frustrating.

I downloaded the chrome browser app from the app store, much, MUCH better than safari. The refreshing still happens occasionally but nowhere near as frequently, it's also faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23