UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night a Suffolk Police spokeswoman said that Biffa had given the wrong information about the weight of the rubbish in the bin due to staff being confused by the collection data.

She said that the company charged customers for each collection, regardless of the weight of rubbish collected, meaning that they had not been familiar with analysing the individual weight of collections.

'The investigation has identified that the company who provided the data usually charge per collection, not per weight of load collected, and it appears that it was genuinely believed by the company that the data provided was correct.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eague-hunt-faces-no-action.html#ixzz4afseeU1n

So it was a genuine mistake?

Cags is confused.

It's all bs and bollox. At the very minimum it is negligence.

Im soo gutted just gutted, this was always my belief and nothing else ever made sense to me, just wondering, if when Corrie went into back lorry, cud he not have awoken? Got out or would the truck have caused a fatality its self?..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last night a Suffolk Police spokeswoman said that Biffa had given the wrong information about the weight of the rubbish in the bin due to staff being confused by the collection data.

She said that the company charged customers for each collection, regardless of the weight of rubbish collected, meaning that they had not been familiar with analysing the individual weight of collections.

'The investigation has identified that the company who provided the data usually charge per collection, not per weight of load collected, and it appears that it was genuinely believed by the company that the data provided was correct.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eague-hunt-faces-no-action.html#ixzz4afseeU1n

So it was a genuine mistake?

Cags is confused.

Is it not a bit weird that HS, a Traffic Dispatcher, was the one arrested if this was an admin/accounts error? He wouldn't be responsible for that would he? Also if Biffa didn't charge by, and therefore check, weight then why was so much made of that?

I fear a lot of questions aren't going to get answers.

@coach ....Is it a rubbish bin as in food/scraps etc or cardboard bin that we're thinking he was in? If it's the latter I think there's a chance he climbed in himself ☹️ (Sorry I've forgotten how to reply/quote )

I'm assuming it was the bin with cardboard in it, the bin would have been clean and dry. It makes me wonder - with all the people that have gone missing over the years that have never been found, this could have happened countless times. The bins should be locked.

Im soo gutted just gutted, this was always my belief and nothing else ever made sense to me, just wondering, if when Corrie went into back lorry, cud he not have awoken? Got out or would the truck have caused a fatality its self?..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The drop from the bin into the lorry would be quite high. He may have been fatally injured had he fell head first.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'm assuming it was the bin with cardboard in it, the bin would have been clean and dry. It makes me wonder - with all the people that have gone missing over the years that have never been found, this could have happened countless times. The bins should be locked.

Its also one way of disposing a body....

Yes sounds feasible. So many different versions off everything. Hopefully if body is there it can be found quickly. For families sake

The only thing I can say is what a total c**k up no way should it have took all this time to come to this conclusion how dreadful for the family, no charges against the people who were arrested it was a mistake, a mistake that has took over 5 months to get to this, if the SP shut down that landfill in the early days something was already wrong and there must have been suspicions from the beginning, no forensics anywhere apparently, certain checks supposedly made with the recycling process and C wasn't found the whole case and goings on stinks to me something is not right!

Why has it taken them this long to discover that the weight was wrong and how can we be sure it was not a massive cover up? Could the lorry have reversed into him and it was a tragic accident, driver panicked and put him in the bin. I can't get my head round that it has taken this long to discover the weight was not correct..

This might sound like a stupid question, but how was there no evidence found of him being in the bin when forensics were carried out?

The bin isn't see through. Hypothermic people tend to snuggle down into tiny spaces to get warm. It's likely he would have covered himself with cardboard.

Perhaps they should be see-thru - thats a good idea. There's no excuse if Biffa have missed a 5 feet 10 inch man 4 or 5 times in their processes and I don't buy this latest excuse. It was ruled out forensically by SP and family and they convinced us it wasn't the recycling bin but could be the other bins in SB. So someone admits an admin error and nothing else matters? How can the new weight be proved?
The next thing we'll hear is that some more cameras weren't working IMO.

The bin isn't see through. Hypothermic people tend to snuggle down into tiny spaces to get warm. It's likely he would have covered himself with cardboard.

You may well have a very good idea there. Maybe clear perspex/plastic bins could be a way forward in preventing tragedies in these bins from occurring. Certainly worth a try.

I'm still a bit unsure of hwo they can be confident that the revised weight is the correct one while at the same saying the original weight was a genuine mistake.

I don't buy it, either they actually weigh the bins or they don't, if they do what's the process to record this info and why did no-one at Biffa say before now that it could be wrong. I don't believe no one knew it could be wrong, if you're the person who records the weight it's unbelievable to me that you wouldn't mention it could be wrong at any point in the police investigation

If they don't weigh the bins then they can't be sure of what the correct weight was even now.

It still doesn't ring true for me

This might sound like a stupid question, but how was there no evidence found of him being in the bin when forensics were carried out?
Not a stupid question at all. That should be explained in the next update along with some other explanations fromSP & Biffa hopefully.

Listen, my background is in electronics and actually in measurements of tiny signals where calibration is essential, and I actually spoke to CM's mum and told her, and told her, and told her all of the reasons why the recorded bin weight should NOT be taken as gospel, and that it was probably wrong and I did that weeks and weeks ago.

When combined with what was known - it was clear that he HAD to have left in the bin truck

The over-riding message from the overall investigation was - "the machine says X so it must be X".

Looks like it wasn't X after all, and sadly the whole thing has been drawn on for ages longer than it had to be to the detriment of the family.

Very sad, but instead of focusing on the "mystery" they should have focused on the obvious FACTS - they'd have come to the solution much earlier.

If anyone wants a list of the possible reasons the weight recorded by the machine shouldn't have been trusted for future reference / investigations, I'll post a brief summarised checklist that you can use.

The only thing I can say is what a total c**k up no way should it have took all this time to come to this conclusion how dreadful for the family, no charges against the people who were arrested it was a mistake, a mistake that has took over 5 months to get to this, if the SP shut down that landfill in the early days something was already wrong and there must have been suspicions from the beginning, no forensics anywhere apparently, certain checks supposedly made with the recycling process and C wasn't found the whole case and goings on stinks to me something is not right!

Totally agree Hex. How do they know C is in LF anyway? He could have ended up in cardboard/paper bales for export and/or incineration like the poor guy in NZ that was linked earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire