UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tip off maybe. Corrie possibly hit by bin truck and put in. Already dead in bin. Asleep in bin or in front cab. My thoughts change daily and think more twists to come

Could the alleged error with the weight of the bin be a cover for a tragic accident caused by the lorry reversing into Corrie. Driver could have panicked and put him in the cab or in the back of the lorry. Is there any possibility that someone knows he will be found at the landfill and the 'weight' admission is a cover up? I just can't get my head around why it has taken so long for them to find out the weight was wrong, it doesn't make sense. Does anyone find it odd that UT has been so quiet?

If they [fingerprints] weren't found on the bin, who opened the lid?

Surely everyone who had opened the bin to put waste in would have left fingerprints on it. The bins are emptied on site and then left in situ to be reused, so the same bin should have been used for a considerable period of time by the same business. It's very likely that most people would have lifted the lid at more or less the same place, ie at one of the front corners or along the front edge so if Corrie's fingerprints had been on it they could well have been smudged or obliterated by later users before the bin came into focus as a matter of investigation.

Could the alleged error with the weight of the bin be a cover for a tragic accident caused by the lorry reversing into Corrie. Driver could have panicked and put him in the cab or in the back of the lorry. Is there any possibility that someone knows he will be found at the landfill and the 'weight' admission is a cover up? I just can't get my head around why it has taken so long for them to find out the weight was wrong, it doesn't make sense. Does anyone find it odd that UT has been so quiet?

No, I don't find it odd that UT has been quiet, it's obvious that he's been holding things together so far but I belief it's hitting him harder than you think. Just my opinion.

I'm struggling with this, partly because I'm a mum of four lads, one of them is around Corries age and we live in the area, not in Bury St Edmunds but just down the A14.

It beggars belief that such a dreadful thing can happen in a relatively small market town. Population is or was just under 42000 a couple of years ago, if I remember rightly.

I had hoped that when I woke this morning it was only a dream, no such luck. My heart goes out to Corries mum and his family, im just hoping and praying that he's found sooner rather than later and let this poor family grieve in peace.

It beggars belief that such a dreadful thing can happen in a relatively small market town.

If Corrie has climbed into a bin and died as a result, that could happen anywhere there are young male drunks and bins. BSE is unusual only in having several military bases nearby so there are incomer drunks to add to the local ones.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Biffa was obviously over-confident that this could never happen, and the police can't go around disbelieving reputable companies, and assuming they are lying or incompetent.

I also think SP had to pursue the other evidence because it might a) have lead to Corrie while still alive or b) have lead to evidence of a crime. Their focus is on solving crimes, not accidents.

If anything was in the landfill, it wasn't going to go anywhere, whereas witness memories might fade, perps might cover their tracks, forensic evidence of a crime scene could be compromised.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Very good points. Also I don't believe the police had the resources to instantly check the landfill. It is a huge task given the size of the area they have to search and to assign dozens of officers to search there would mean a lot of changes to staff rotas etc.

Searching the landfill from October to February would mean only a few hours daylight per day so it would be a waste of resources and a lot more time consuming had they done it sooner. They are looking for a body not a living human so there isn't a massive urgency.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I only come on here sporadically so please forgive me if this has been said....But surely when the bin man pulled the bin out to attach it to the lorry he must've realised it was substantially heavier than it usually felt if it's only card and paper???

If they do find evidence of Corrie in the landfill.

My confusion is, was Corrie actually in a general waste bin, which if he was I can't see him climbing into one as the smell would be off putting. Unless he climbed up and then accidentally fell in to it.

Or was Corrie in the recycling bin but it was taken straight to landfill? I'm struggling with nothing being seen during the recycling process. Unless industrial recycling is done differently to household recycling.

If they do find evidence of Corrie in the landfill.

My confusion is, was Corrie actually in a general waste bin, which if he was I can't see him climbing into one as the smell would be off putting. Unless he climbed up and then accidentally fell in to it.

Or was Corrie in the recycling bin but it was taken straight to landfill? I'm struggling with nothing being seen during the recycling process. Unless industrial recycling is done differently to household recycling.
He was in recycling which was brought to landfill rather than to be processed.

Do you have a link for this fact? That may possibly be the next revelation but that has not been admitted I don't think, as yet, has it?

This is the bit I can't get my head around (not your post Iron, the idea of the recycling going to landfill). Aside from the obvious 'problem' of recycling waste not being recycled, it would seem IMO that the SP thought/knew very early on that the recycling waste wasn't being recycled - otherwise why would they ask the landfill site to close off that specific area?

Or am I missing something glaringly obvious here? (I have tried to keep up with this thread but maybe I've missed the answer)

I only come on here sporadically so please forgive me if this has been said....But surely when the bin man pulled the bin out to attach it to the lorry he must've realised it was substantially heavier than it usually felt if it's only card and paper???

I agree, unless he was very inexperienced. And I still don't get why it took 20 mins in that area. And paperwork, what paperwork? Putting a tick in a box? Tacos etc are done before and after aren't they? Eating a bacon butty, reading the paper, scratching his arse, dragging the job out, something wrong with the truck, phoning the depot because a bin is unusually heavy, checking social media, interating with a drunk, any of those things I might believe. But paperwork? Still I guess it must all be so on cctv, and whether it is usual for the job it to take that long or comparison to other days.

But if you found a body in a bin why wouldn't you call the police?

20 mins in mentioned below, it is also on the timelines on the earlier threads. Though I'm not sure how accurate that it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2709304/corrie-mckeague-missing-rubbish-dump-search/

I've just briefly heard in BBC tv local news for Eadt Anglia that the bin was 809kg!! Can't see a link and I'm late going out. Can anyone find this please?

Do you have a link for this fact? That may possibly be the next revelation but that has not been admitted I don't think, as yet, has it?
No link so I should have said imo but it is the only logical conclusion. He must have been in the recycling due to the weight of bin and the phone pings. Had the waste been processed at a recycling depot he would have been spotted.

What the Police need to do - and I have NO DOUBT they haven't done this, is:

Get a phone exactly the same make as CMs, put it on the same network, put it in the back of the actual truck, and drive it about and see if it can ping the masts.

If the back of the truck is earthed and it can't, he was in the cab and it's a murder.

If it can then maybe he was in the back and it's an accident.

They might be able to see the signal strength of the phone and infer one or the other.

But either way they NEED to do this to MAKE SURE.

<modsnip>

I believe it's been reported that testing was done and returned as 'indeterminate'? I think that's the testing that was being referred to...I think that test you described has been done already.

I wonder if the bin has been saved as evidence as the one thing it would have is finger prints

Back in the earlier days we were allowed to refer to a source in which Nicola said that fingerprints weren't done on the lid of the bin during the initial forensics check(s) on the horseshoe. I don't know if she was correct or not, only that she said that, and I thought it was odd at the time. This should be notated in one of the early threads, so even though we can't go back to the initial source, there should be a record of that in one of the threads in this forum.

Or maybe the bins were dusted for prints and everything was either smudged or wasn't Corrie's?

We've been told it wasn't the usual driver that morning? I think? Maybe he really didn't realise?

How can a single driver load the bin at the back and also watch the camera that covers the tipping of the bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie