IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps someone who uses Twitter should suggest to Sgt. Perrine a mic or repeat of the questions next time they do a presser. I'm sure they're not used to these things and it probably didn't even cross their minds.

We currently have 248 guests come join us here at websleuths you are most welcome.

Maybe why he addressed it in a round-about-way?

Yep, it's happened twice now that media sensationalized or got something out of context. Can you say "clickbait"?

Both times iirc it was channel 59 ("today is the day" and DNA found.) LE said in another interview that channel 59 producer called to apologize. That is why I view Alexis https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/839600041207672832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw through filtered eyes on her posts on twitter at channel 59.

:moo:

Have been reading since the beginning, but I don't recall if this has already been discussed. Would it be possible for LE to work with cell carriers to identify what other cell phones pinged in the same location as Libby's on the same day at the same time, and then look at those accounts and cross-reference against RSOs, local men, the tip list, etc.?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yep, it's happened twice now that media sensationalized or got something out of context. Can you say "clickbait"?

Both times iirc it was channel 59 ("today is the day" and DNA found.) LE said in another interview that channel 59 producer called to apologize. That is why I view Alexis https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/839600041207672832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw through filtered eyes on her posts on twitter at channel 59.

:moo:

IMO the worst click bait article in this whole story came at the beginning, a couple of days in, when a site - I think it was that 59 site but can't be sure - had a headline that said DELPHI SUSPECT IDENTIFIED.

of course what the article said was "man on bridge identified as suspect in the double homicide".

Emily Longnecker‏
@EmilyWTHR

Follow
More
Investigators says murder case out of Iowa in 2012 of 2 young girls is coincidence. They have no evidence this case is connected to that one

Sorry, don't know how to do the tweet thing

Thanks.

Did anyone ask if youths in the community are considered at risk? Should they be allowed outdoors without direct supervision? A brazen child killer is on the loose, after all. Should people be hyper vigilant? Lack of information is often the most telling. I sense urgency for justice on behalf of the girls but I'm not necessarily sensing it for the safety of the public as a whole? ‎

This is ALL JMO but I've felt since the onset this was a revenge type of killing where one of the girls was targeted [for reasons unknown] the other was collateral damage. I don't think it was sexually motivated or related to other unsolved homicides. I also sensed the girls didn't know the perp but may have felt he was vaguely familiar (aka not a complete/total stranger.) I don't think they sensed imminent danger as he approached, nor when he was being voice recorded but I do think the voice recording commenced after they became creeped out [for whatever reason.] *‎

[video=twitter;839867829453225989]https://twitter.com/JessicaHayesTV/status/839867829453225989[/video]

Jessica Hayes‏
Verified account
@JessicaHayesTV 19m
19 minutes ago

'Those girls loved each..neither one left each other’s side,' said Libby's grandfather. Truly overwhelming. Please come fwd w info. #DELPHI

I think the main point of that presser was to tell people to stop spreading rumors and speculating, it doesn't help them, and can actually hurt the case a lot. I think that may have been why they brought up the Iowa case. Ive seen a lot of people on SM talk about that case like its 100% connected, when really its just a guess based on the similarities between the cases. It makes sense, don't get me wrong, but we don't know if its connected, and apparently LE doesn't either. JMO.

Social media can be a real turd sometimes. :butthead:

I would think that part of their(LE) frustation is having an image and voice and still no arrest. Jmo

IMO the worst click bait article in this whole story came at the beginning, a couple of days in, when a site - I think it was that 59 site but can't be sure - had a headline that said DELPHI SUSPECT IDENTIFIED.

of course what the article said was "man on bridge identified as suspect in the double homicide".

That was awful I agree and this kind of stunt doesn't help the police rein in rumours being spread on social media. I wish the media wouldn't do this but overall I'd say most news outlets covering the case have been professional and helpful.

I too was unsure with that statement.

Are they dupes, or are they next in queue for priority purposes.

A question perhaps a good journalist will follow up.. perhaps a tweet to them to ask for those that do twitter as he said he would be available for questions after the presser.

I'm thinking they were swarmed with thousands of tips, but many of which may not have had a particular person to interview/clear. Many may have just been random things,... anything.. which is what they also want, since those random type of tips may eventually be able to be tied in with THE perp's activities. ie.. just guessing/imagining, but stuff like... I saw an Xyear, Xmanufacture vehicle of Xmodel driving slowly by the school that day at Xo'clock, had a lone male driver that looked like the photo... stuff like that, there are prob thousands of seemingly meaningless tips, but which could eventually become meaningful even though not specifically identifying a POI. jmo

They have nothing! I just find it incredibly frustrating! Libby had such a presence of mind to give them photos, audio and whatever else....and still they have zero! I can only imagine how the family feels! Prayers to the family and investigators!

stick around and you will find this is not necessarily true. Just because they do not share with us, does not mean they have a lot more. We know they have video and/or pics, and an audio. They have bodies, dna, and a crime scene (which may have yielded much more evidence than we, the public, know), and they have tips to go through.

They have a lot more to start with than many crimes that do get solved.

A young woman from my area went missing from a halloween party; it took 6 months to find her body, and another year to make an arrest.

Be patient, WSers. I know it is not easy, but work is being done, progress is likely being made, and I do not expect to be unsolved.

Did anyone ask if youths in the community are considered at risk? Should they be allowed outdoors without direct supervision? A brazen child killer is on the loose, after all. Should people be hyper vigilant? Lack of information is often the most telling. I sense urgency for justice on behalf of the girls but I'm not necessarily sensing it for the safety of the public as a whole? ‎

This is ALL JMO but I've felt since the onset this was a revenge type of killing where one of the girls was targeted [for reasons unknown] the other was collateral damage. I don't think it was sexually motivated or related to other unsolved homicides. I also sensed the girls didn't know the perp but may have felt he was vaguely familiar (aka not a complete/total stranger.) I don't think they sensed imminent danger as he approached, nor when he was being voice recorded but I do think the voice recording commenced after they became creeped out [for whatever reason.] *‎

I have a feeling the majority of people in that community and surrounding areas are keeping their kids closer than usual.

I need a link to the entire press conference. I only found part of it on the indy site. Thanks.

[video=twitter;839872161238024194]https://twitter.com/CBS4Indy/status/839872161238024194[/video]

CBS4 Indy‏
Verified account
@CBS4Indy 6m
6 minutes ago

Grandfather on slain Delphi teens: "Both those girls are heroes in my book" http://via.cbs4indy.com/yX9fo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks