Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM- from the article

"If that guy would have grabbed Elizabeth and told Lyric, 'If you scream or make a sound, I'll do this to her,' she would have gone. She would not have left her cousin, I know that. I don't think Elizabeth would have left Lyric. Those people know that. They probably use that against them," said Drew.

This statement by Drew is quite interesting to me. (because I am weird and pay close attention to things like this)
In his version of what potentially could have taken place that horrible day he has this "guy" grabbing Elizabeth and threatens Lyric knowing she wouldn't leave her...but then says the opposite "Elizabeth wouldn't leave her"...as well as mentioning that "they know that and would use that against them.
This implies that Drew believes this person knew the girls...which makes this connection to the Indiana case very unlikely.

SBM- from the article

"If that guy would have grabbed Elizabeth and told Lyric, 'If you scream or make a sound, I'll do this to her,' she would have gone. She would not have left her cousin, I know that. I don't think Elizabeth would have left Lyric. Those people know that. They probably use that against them," said Drew.

This statement by Drew is quite interesting to me. (because I am weird and pay close attention to things like this)
In his version of what potentially could have taken place that horrible day he has this "guy" grabbing Elizabeth and threatens Lyric knowing she wouldn't leave her...but then says the opposite "Elizabeth wouldn't leave her"...as well as mentioning that "they know that and would use that against them.
This implies that Drew believes this person knew the girls...which makes this connection to the Indiana case very unlikely.

I thought he was saying that neither girl would have left the other, so he said it both ways.

Good point about implying the killer knew them--though he might just mean that the killer observed them together and could tell they were close friends.

One very important thing that is not similar in these two unsolved cases, is that the parents (plural) of one of the victims are meth addicts. I don't think these two cases are related. I think the Liz's and Lyric's murderer is currently in prison.

More than half the sample perceived that their methamphetamine use had resulted in violent behavior (56%). A similar percentage (59%) reported engaging in one or more violent criminal behaviors.

In addition, violent criminal behaviors were more often reported by those with greater methamphetamine addiction severity, more methamphetamine-related problems as well as some specific methamphetamine-related problems (violence, paranoia, hallucinations, skin problems, high blood pressure), those involved in methamphetamine sales or manufacture, or those with early arrests.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4651438/

One very important thing that is not similar in these two unsolved cases, is that the parents (plural) of one of the victims are meth addicts. I don't think these two cases are related. I think the Liz's and Lyric's murderer is currently in prison.

But strangely enough, one of the parents of one of the Indiana victims, is currently in jail on drug charges, If I understand correctly. Not saying these cases are connected, just pointing out another similarity.

But strangely enough, one of the parents of one of the Indiana victims, is currently in jail on drug charges, If I understand correctly. Not saying these cases are connected, just pointing out another similarity.
Yes, but the parent of the one Indiana victim was in prison at the time of her murder and therefore, can't be a suspect unlike Lyric's dad.

Thinking about the importance of the phone/snapchat in the Indiana murders and what, if any significance a phone may have played in Lizzie and Lyric's abduction.

Wondering now about the phone in this Iowa case, found on the other side of the fence, did the perp throw it not knowing that it may not have photo taking capabilities?
If he did in fact throw /place it, was it because he did not want to chance having his pic. taken, was that his first move, or did one of the girls toss it as a sign that they were abducted?
speculation, imo.

http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-r...cle_99fc6c00-ceaf-11e1-be83-0019bb2963f4.html
July 18 2012
Abben said searchers found the girls’ bikes and a purse containing a de-activated cell phone Friday, but no shoes, clothing, or signs of a disturbance, near the Evansdale Nature Trail that encircles the lake.

Elizabeth apparently used the cell phone to play games and listen to music.

Yes, but the parent of the one Indiana victim was in prison at the time of her murder and therefore, can't be a suspect unlike Lyric's dad.

I certainly hope the public takes a cue from law enforcement experts on this case and avoids causing unneeded grief to the family of the victims by trying to pin the blame on the parents. That was a terrible thing to watch happen in this case. I'm glad LE is avoiding the same mistake in the Delphi, IN kidnappings.

I certainly hope the public takes a cue from law enforcement experts on this case and avoids causing unneeded grief to the family of the victims by trying to pin the blame on the parents. That was a terrible thing to watch happen in this case. I'm glad LE is avoiding the same mistake in the Delphi, IN kidnappings.

I have often wondered whether LE's early tunnel vision cost them any time or caused them to overlook clues that might have led to finding the girls or their killer sooner. Not that they necessarily did anything wrong, but...it just makes me wonder, y'know?

A little surprised to see this in the Canadian news today.
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2017/03/11/22709888.html
Could 'Snapchat Killer' of Indiana girls be connected to 2012 murder of Iowa cousins?

Mar 11, 2017

Drew Collins felt the heart-wrenching agony.
Collins is a member of a club founded on tears: his little girl was murdered and cops have not nabbed the killer.

Even cops – unusually tight-lipped – are acknowledging it might be the same killer.

Cousins Lyric Cook, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, were snatched 600 km away in Evansdale, Iowa, on July 12, 2012. It was the day Drew Collins’ world ended.
The pair vanished en route to their grandma’s house on their bikes. Their defiled bodies were discovered by hunters 40 km away, five months later.
“We’ve been up and down on this for almost five years. I feel a connection to anybody who’s lost a kid,” Collins said in TV interview. “It’s devastating.”

At the time of the Iowa girls’ murders, cops believed the killer was a local but might have changed his appearance after their corpses were found.

“At this point, we just have to be very careful because we cannot get this wrong. We cannot fail on this case,” Perrine told ABC News. “We have to find the person responsible for murdering Abby and Libby.”

Is there a reason we don't have a red "Found Deceased" on the heading of this thread?

Thank you mods for adding the "Found Deceased" to this thread.

Somebody on Abby and Libby's thread pointed out that the date 2.13.17 is an exact reversal of 7.13.12.

Isn't that eerie?
There are so many similarities between the two cases, it blows my mind.
I believe the two cases could very well be related and both cases can be solved with a single arrest.
But, then again, I was wrong about MJK and I was so sure he was the one.

Isn't that eerie?
There are so many similarities between the two cases, it blows my mind.
I believe the two cases could very well be related and both cases can be solved with a single arrest.
But, then again, I was wrong about MJK and I was so sure he was the one.

Killers apparently, imo, sometimes try to copy and learn from other killers, with that in mind and presuming there are at least two on the loose, wondering...

Could it be that the Indiana perp, seeing that there has not been an arrest in Lizzie and Lyric's case, decided to intentionally mirror that crime to the best of his ability on the ( sadly correct for now) assumption, that he too will not be apprehended ?

speculation.

Could be. I am also wondering about a friend/follower of MJK.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Eeks, he might have come in contact with a number of potentially susceptible people, wonder who influenced Klunder, could that person still be in operation? !
imo, speculation.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/kl...cle_2a2025c0-c521-11e2-a593-001a4bcf887a.html
May 25 2013
Klunder was sent to the Boys State Training School in Eldora, to Meyer Hall in Des Moines, to the Bremwood juvenile home in Waverly, and to the Mental Health Center in Cherokee.

Upon his release in February 1988 he lived in Mason City. Later that month he choked a woman who was able to escape from him.

He was charged with assault to commit serious injury and then sent back into the juvenile system until he turned 18. Upon his 18th birthday he was sentenced to five years in prison on a burglary charge — unrelated to the choking incident — and two years on the assault charge.

Old newspaper clippings say that his youth “and possible rehabilitation” played a part in receiving a lighter sentence. He initially faced 10 years in prison.
Questions continue to be raised about his possible involvement in the 2012 Evansdale kidnapping and murder of cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins. The cases, authorities have said, have similarities.

Long time lurker on this thread. I've been following this case from the beginning ...

Any thoughts on why exactly LE would withhold cause of death for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam