Former Penn State President Graham Spanier has been charged with several counts

Trial scheduled for the PSU on March 20, 2017. Only the summary failure to report is dismissed.

http://www.dauphincounty.org/govern...ary Charles Schultz, Graham Basil Spanier.pdf

Curley and Schultz plead guilty to child endangerment charges. Does this mean they're going to roll on Spanier?

I hope Spanier doesn't plead. I want there to be a trial so we can learn what happened (or least all the different versions), but I suspect everyone is ready to "get this behind us" and we won't get a trial.

Curley and Schultz plead guilty to child endangerment charges. Does this mean they're going to roll on Spanier?

I hope Spanier doesn't plead. I want there to be a trial so we can learn what happened (or least all the different versions), but I suspect everyone is ready to "get this behind us" and we won't get a trial.

Good chance of both being witnesses against Spanier. I really don't see Spanier taking a plea deal.

I posted something like this on the Gricar board today.

On April 1, 2011, I received a personal message from Steve Sloane on Facebook. It was unsolicted. At the time I was writing a blog on Ray Gricar.

In the message, Sloane indicated that he was involved in the 1998 case with Gricar. He stated that it was "RG's decision NOT to prosecute if he received help with the problem... "

After the Freeh Report came out, I became worried that the investigators did not know of this. I got in contract with the investigators and turned this information over to them in August 2012.

Jury selection has begun in the Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas.

It has been five years later.
How does this happen? Wasn't one of the two who finally pled, dying of cancer 5 years ago?

Do they think the longer they delay it will all go away and everyone will forget?! I am looking forward to this trial.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

How does this happen? Wasn't one of the two who finally pled, dying of cancer 5 years ago?

Do they think the longer they delay it will all go away and everyone will forget?! I am looking forward to this trial.

Penn State was paying for their defense, so they actually had appeals going that normally would not have been made until conviction.

The case went to the jury today.

Spanier declined to testify in his own defense; the defense called no witnesses.

Curley and Schultz took a plea deal last week.

Penn State was paying for their defense, so they actually had appeals going that normally would not have been made until conviction.
Wow. Penn State was paying for their defense? What about Spanier? Were you there? I guess we'll know something tomorrow.

I am not certain any university would pay for the defense of former employees. Are you sure?

The case went to the jury today.

Spanier declined to testify in his own defense; the defense called no witnesses.

Curley and Schultz took a plea deal last week.
Any news re Spanier?

I am not certain any university would pay for the defense of former employees. Are you sure?

Yes. As of last month, the defense of the PSU 3 cost Penn State $14 million.

It is a contractual requirement.

Spanier was convicted on one count of EWOC a misdemeanor 3.

Any news re Spanier?

Spanier convicted on one of Endangering the Welfare of Children, a misdemeanor punishable by up to five years.

What came out in the trial undermines Spanier's libel lawsuit against Freeh and weakens the Paterno family claims in their suit against the NCAA.

Curley lied to the head Sandusky's charity and told him the 2001 incident was investigated. Paterno knew about the 1998 incident contemporaneously.

Spanier convicted on one of Endangering the Welfare of Children, a misdemeanor punishable by up to five years.

What came out in the trial undermines Spanier's libel lawsuit against Freeh and weakens the Paterno family claims in their suit against the NCAA.

Curley lied to the head Sandusky's charity and told him the 2001 incident was investigated. Paterno knew about the 1998 incident contemporaneously.

The verdict was a big win for Freeh. It was also a win for Penn State. At least PSU DID NOT cover up the cover up, thanks to the Freeh report.

Just don't tell that to the Paterno loyalists. They won't be satisfied until either the statue goes back up or the university is burned to the ground.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back