IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they may think that he knows something that he doesn't even realize he knows .
I would be interested in knowing more about those friends of his sons who use to hang out and " have a place back there " ....
KWIM ?
That's good point. Also am curious about former camp counselors in the area. And if RL does end up having to sit in jail, who is going to "watch" his property?

I'm not sure if this is the first murder for this guy. I can see it either way. BUT whether or not it is his first murder, I would not be at all surprised if this wasn't his first crime of a sexual nature or involving children. Some killers of this type have started by being peeping in windows or even raping before escalating to murder. To me, it seems he's done something before that has given him confidence to even be able to attempt this murder.

I would agree with this. He has at least violated another before.

About the stripping... I know many threads back, there was some talk about a reporter thinking she spotted some clothes in the creek. Anyone know what I am talking about?

IT HAS BEEN A TRAGIC DAY IN CARROLL COUNTY, INDIANA, the scene of a double murder. One thing they never teach you in journalism school is how creepy it feels to have to cover a homicide.

For several hours I photographed the search for two missing 13-year-old girls. This type of endeavor is stressful for the searchers, the first responders and also the media at the scene. Detectives found the bodies of two missing teens near a rural hiking trail below the abandoned Monon high railroad bridge. The bridge itself in incredibly beautiful making it difficult to witness a horrific murder scene so nearby.

From 75-yards away I could see girls clothing in Deer Creek east of the bridge and knew full well that the girls where found very nearby. To walk in a place that a murderer had walked only a handful of hours earlier is extremely upsetting, but as journalists it is part of the business that simply needs done to tell the news of our area. Photos by J. Kyle Keener / Pharos-Tribune copyright 2017

https://www.facebook.com/jkyle.keener/media_set?set=a.10209763319577780.1073741969.1174987605&type=3

BBM

I wonder if BG is into civil war re-enactment. But he almost looks too young-ish to be into it. I think Tippecanoe has re-enactments. But oddly enough what I've gathered of his gait reminds me of someone who would be into that. moo, etc.

(Thank you to the Elmer Fudd poster earlier. Such a good, but needed laugh. :laugh:)

Tippecanoe County has Battleground, where there was the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811... part of expansionism against the Natives. It's about 12 miles from Delphi, and also a beautiful area in a small town... similar that I think if the perp had been familiar with it instead he might have committed the crime there.

Also annually is Feast of the Hunters Moon, which is a native trading post reenactment type thing, in southwest tippecanoe county about 35 minutes or so probably away.

Most of the battles in the area were from the war of 1812 or the NW Indian War.

I don't really think it's related though...

I get the distinct feeling FBI has scaled back. I have no idea why I feel this, but I do. And I wouldn't be surprised if we never received an FBI profile.

I am thinking if the FBI generated a profile, it is for the investigators and not for public consumption.

So, you don't have an opinion at all?

lol... There's so many rumors about everything hard to say....I do know there is a major drug problem, here in East Central Illinois.
We are within 2 hrs from there, hospital full of people oding on heroin.. Could just be being in the wrong place or seeing something..

Where are you seeing this? I just see a blue jacket over a hoodie.

I think BG has the blue jacket on then a hoodie but underneath is the black t-shirt with the skull weird picture. Just study the picture closely i'st the white part just where the blue jacket is open. You don't see the whole skull pic but most of the outline of it. Some on here were speculating it might be a rope or a plastic bag. JMO

Does anyone think this is this guy's first murder? If so, why?
Does anyone think he's killed before? If so, why?

I think he's done it before. I'm not sold on him being the perp in the Evansdale, Iowa, murders, but he is slippery and has had a lot of practice of being so.
I don't think he's killed before. I do believe he's been watching and waiting for his moment to and the girls where just wrong place wrong time. I think he's watched that trail for a while waiting for the opportunity.
I'm not sure if this is the first murder for this guy. I can see it either way. BUT whether or not it is his first murder, I would not be at all surprised if this wasn't his first crime of a sexual nature or involving children. Some killers of this type have started by being peeping in windows or even raping before escalating to murder. To me, it seems he's done something before that has given him confidence to even be able to attempt this murder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ETA I have no idea how I included the 2nd quote sorry about that

I think BG has the blue jacket on then a hoodie but underneath is the black t-shirt with the skull weird picture. Just study the picture closely i'st the white part just where the blue jacket is open. You don't see the whole skull pic but most of the outline of it. Some on here were speculating it might be a rope or a plastic bag. JMO

Thank you for elaborating for me. I will take another look.

I haven't posted in a while and have been reading for awhile today - a couple of thoughts on today's discussion.
1. I think the "catch" or "twist" referred to is merely that Libby recorded the crime. I think we all try to read so much into things when the answer if almost always the easiest explanation.
2. I can't imagine the killer was trying to guard a geocache or lured the girls there with that. I've geocached with my kids and most of those caches have been out there for years and often are found only every few months or even years. There is always some paper in the cache where the last person to find it logged the date of their find (imagine a tiny guest book)- and nearly all of the ones we have come across haven't been found for a long, long time. No one knows when you are hunting for a cache, either.

I agree with #1. Holding out on #2.

Listening to a podcast today I was surprised to learn that LE had a audio recording of BTK (Dennis Rader) in 1977 when he called the police dispatcher about one of his murders and LE broadcast that audio clip through radio stations. No one recognized Rader's voice and it never played a factor in finding him over 27 years later.

I hope someone calls in a tip relating to this audio, but I believe we're going to need something else.

Any guesses as to the red thing in the middle of pic 2, at the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like it could be a flag - like a utility line flag or possibly an ? evidence flag ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

IMO possible scenario is BG's approach was to let the girls know they were trespassing on private property and they knew better........(.his lies start here) with false empathy... I know you girls have not done any damage but.... the landowner had past problems with trespassers leaving trash around and gates open / other bs damage the grouchy landowner has called the sheriff.........but I don't want you two to get into trouble........ unless we get off this bridge asap, you two will be having a face to face talk with a deputy in about 15 minutes............you don't have time to walk back across........I can show you a short cut and a place to cross the creek without getting your feet wet......

this is all MOO but could be a way to get the girls to the place where they were found with less resistance.

Personally I think he grabbed Abbey in a head lock and put a gun against her and told Liberty to go "down the hill". There is a reason why so little audio has been released if he came out with a long sentence about trespassing they would release it in order to identify him.

Sorry I don't mean to be graphic at all I just think the situation escalated badly very quickly.

One problem with tips is friends/family not believing it's possible. I was married to a very violent man to women and children. (Us) I can't count how many people told me what a sweet guy he was and when we needed help told me I had to be lying about him it just wasn't possible.

That's why it's so important to post the exact news source to separate fact from rumor. This is why I like Websleuths.

The proper MSM source was linked and included video with the quote (foul play). The problem was that Burnt Toast could not access it--had a blank area where the video should have been.

I agree with that! Probably RL knows one person who is involved with the killer or killers. I hope justice will be done for Abigail and Liberty!

What makes you think that he would know the person(s)?

I saw in a youtube video or read in an article or someone posted here that Abby and Libby visited a prison or correctional facility, I assume with the school, and they were interested in this field. Does anyone remember this or where I can find it?

I'm not sure if anyone else responded yet but I did post an article the other day that said the girls visited the criminal justice department of the high school and that Libby and a friend of hers who was giving the interview were both interested in forensics.

One problem with tips is friends/family not believing it's possible. I was married to a very violent man to women and children. (Us) I can't count how many people told me what a sweet guy he was and when we needed help told me I had to be lying about him it just wasn't possible.

I am sorry Shelia that you that you went through all that. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77