Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the AA here in Central Mississippi yesterday at 5:00 p.m. I hope that she is found safe and he suffers tremendously.

Thanks. It appears the AA has reached, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama and now Mississippi.

If you received an alert last night in Mississippi, then LE must assume they are heading west.

Initially, LE stated that they might be in the Decatur, AL area.

Does anyone know why that was/is an area of focus?

The above is my opinion only.

I can't find the year for the Nissan Rogue anywhere,,The newer ones have Nissan Connect (they can tap into it for location)

Destin is on the Gulf of Mexico. Looks like they may have made it out of the country.

Destin, Florida is in the panhandle of Florida. Destin, Beaches of South Walton and Panama City are a popular destination for those of us who live in middle TN. That area is the closest beach destination for us if traveling by car. It takes about 7 hours to get from Columbia, TN to the panhandle. When I make the drive, it is a straight shot south on interstate 65 and then once I hit Montgomery, Alabama I am on back roads until I make it to the beach area. It is surprisingly desolate those few hours on the back roads.
International cruise ships do not dock in Destin. Hopefully, they are still in the panhandle area.

I think to be successful, Amber Alerts should be reserved for cases where the victim is at serious immediate risk of injury/death. Using Amber Alerts in relatively mundane "abductions" like family disputes or runaways lessens their significance for the real emergencies.

Mundane abduction? Ah, sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Hopefully, no one posting on this thread will EVER have to experience the terror her parents are going through right now - perceived as mundane, at that.

He's got weapons and nothing to lose - title loan for the vehicle means that is good as gone, lost his job (or will when this all plays out), kids won't want anything to do with a creeper pedophile Dad who publicly mortified their Mom...and if he's getting title loans he's not in the best financial position (jmo) to begin with. He's got "dangerous" written all over him, the sum of the above parts.

Hope she's returned safely. 15, can't even drive or smoke a cigarette legally - but snatched away from her life by a 50 year old teacher? And some are postulating that this isn't an abduction?
Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logged on to comment, first time on here in a while. I took a break after watching another mp case become hijacked.

This is scary and it's stupid. What in the world does this man think is going to happen here? He can't work, she can't work, $4,500. may seem like a lot of money but it's going to go quickly if they are in Florida. To me the wife operated the fb account, she seemed to be still trying to save her marriage by the posts. I don't think he was making those, she probably didn't even know about the IG account, obviously a communication tool. Surprised their friends didn't rat them out.

I bet his computer has a lot of info on it. He had to be researching ways to disappear.

Here's a list of vehicles that are equipped with OnStarhttps://www.onstar.com/us/en/get-onstar/equipped-vehicles.html

Luckily Destin has a bunch of beach and traffic cams including the harbor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe this is his method of the "grooming" process to gain the trust of his victim.

Even more upsetting is that he is using God and his Word to make Izzy trust him and could possibly be putting himself in the God role for her. IMO he has brainwashed her completely. Narcissists use God as a weapon against others (this is based on my experiences with my ex husband). He could take any verse out of context and use it to manipulate others.

I tend to agree that Izzy is in danger. If LE corner him, he could kill her and then himself, the ultimate way to be together. All my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just really concerned that the longer this goes on, the more danger she may be in.
Right now we know she's likely been sexually abused ( he's charged with having relations with a minor that is said to be her ) but I'm worried that things could get even worse if and when police approach them. I think the best idea would be for him to drop her off at a safe place. Who knows what could happen if they become cornered.

This whole thing is so crazy. I am afraid all the way around. Right now she might be feeling willing and like its okay with her but what happens if she comes to her senses and decides she wants out? I can't imagine. I wish he would just turn himself in and her get the helps she needs. Seems like she needs to feel loved and he acted on it...sicko.

Some comments here about who exactly is Tad Cummins: http://whnt.com/2017/03/15/who-is-t...his-involvement-in-amber-alert-disappearance/

Haven Drive in Columbia, Tennessee is a quiet street, and according to those who live nearby, Tad Cummins is a quiet neighbor. Randall Scott said the whole situation doesn't match up with the man he knows from next door.
"[He's] very dedicated to his family, appeared to be very respectful, to everyone," said Scott.
Scott has lived next door to Cummins for a little over a year and said he has never had a negative interaction with him.
"He is a school teacher, he's very academically gifted, very intelligent guy," he said.
He said Cummins' role as a teacher is the very reason this whole thing has come as a shock.
"So it is a huge surprise that he would take any kind situation of this nature to this level," said Scott.

Another neighbor, Maverick James, has a couple different connections to Cummins but was just as shocked.
"It was a surprise because he's such an honest man. You know we always thought he was a down to earth guy. He's always helped my elderly grandparents over here if they needed help," he explained.

"Everyone loved him. He had a good sense of humor, and you know I've never heard one bad thing of him at Culleoka," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie