Found Safe CO - Adalie Rivera, 13, Colorado Springs, 17 March 2017

Reading that the mother caught this girl on a chat site sending photos to a guy makes me nervous.

After looking at the amenities the hotel offers I am wondering if she took off to meet someone at the airport. The hotel offers a free shuttle there.

I did not see that the hotel has a computer to be used by the public, however, they do have a business center. So hopefully LE is looking into the possibility that she was able to gain access to the internet via hotel computer since she apparently does not have her cell phone.

Well this doesn't sound good...

http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-springs/mother-pleads-to-bring-missing-13-year-old-home/404657128

Before the trip, Rivera said she took her daughter's phone away after she found her on a chat site. They left the phone at their home in Lubbock, Texas.

"She was sending pictures to this guy. We don't know anything about him," Rivera said.

I wonder if the person she was sending pics to is in CO? There is a video at this link but I'm having trouble getting it to load.

ETA: Sorry! My computer must still be asleep, it wasn't refreshing this page. Already posted.

Many of the comments made by family focus on "she didn't know anyone in the area", etc. Now learning she's been sending pics to a man (boy?) in a chat room, that opens up the world. A pedophile will travel a LONG way to find what he's after. She doesn't have to know anyone local, at all.

Many of the comments made by family focus on "she didn't know anyone in the area", etc. Now learning she's been sending pics to a man (boy?) in a chat room, that opens up the world. A pedophile will travel a LONG way to find what he's after. She doesn't have to know anyone local, at all.
That is why I was concerned with the hotel being close to an airport. They could have been on a flight out that morning.

Did she have any money or access to money? Was someone supposed to pick her up or was she planning to take a cab or buy a bus ticket? Where is the boyfriend?

Praying someone in Texas has driven the phone for LE to comb through. Kids are smart these days. Gaining access without a phone is easy enough if you don't have your phone. Business center, I pads, borrowing someone else's phone etc.. highly unlikely she hopped on a plane or bus unless she was traveling with an adult. She looks 13 not 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the initial "she does not have a cell phone" statement more accurately is restated, "she did not take her cell phone with her when she left".

She didn't have the phone with her on the vacation

Something of note on Facebook, krdo news page, Ernestina's comment (Adalies aunt).

all three of my step children were assigned their own attorneys via the county because their mother is a lunatic. lol. no CPS. not on our side anyways. the case started when SHE mistreated one of them and the school reported HER to CPS 15 months ago. CPS has been gone awhile. the mom just kept making the same false allegations over and over again until the lawyers and judge agreed that the kids would have their own counsel.

anyways OT but that is why counsel could be involved w a kid, and another reason why said kid may be unhappy and want to leave the situation. I just hope she is safe.

She used a court-appointed attorney in civil court in Lubbock last October. That happens in cases where CPS is involved. I don't know if divorce cases without evidence of abuse/neglect assign attorneys to children - my guess is, this is a CPS case.

http://www.co.lubbock.tx.us/egov/documents/1479152696_53537.pdf

right, sometimes referred to as "minor's counsel"

I work at a law firm in Va. A guardian ad litem can be requested in custody cases even if they don't involve neglect or abuse.

atothem, Ernestina's comments are the first, 3rd and 4th comments under the article. She copied and pasted a comment from someone else's facebook there, also.

Whatever has happened, she had a plan and she is gone with someone else. They could be anywhere in the US now.

Praying someone in Texas has driven the phone for LE to comb through. Kids are smart these days. Gaining access without a phone is easy enough if you don't have your phone. Business center, I pads, borrowing someone else's phone etc.. highly unlikely she hopped on a plane or bus unless she was traveling with an adult. She looks 13 not 17.

Whoever she met could have planned to get her out of the area asap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back