IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But...

If you told me that the BG photo was of RL 20-30 years ago, I'd believe you.
There are definite similarities. I will admit that.
Just from the pics of BG and the audio released..seems to be a man late 30s to early 40s imo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

There are definite similarities. I will admit that.
Just from the pics of BG and the audio released..seems to be a man late 30s to early 40s imo

This^^^

Just my impressions: RL and BG are very, very similar - but there is a significant age difference of 20-30ish years.

Hmmmm :thinking:

Fairly sure what they meant by chance encounter is that it wasn't PLANNED that he was meeting Libby and Abby but rather they crossed his path. It was opportunistic for him

Agree. That said, I don't see this being a chance encounter for a couple reasons.

1. The bulkiness of his jacket and assumed/ possible supplies/ weapons suggest it was at least in his plans that day.

2. There are far more populated areas and trails for those looking for chance encounters.

3. The timeline was so tight. 1-3/3:30 at the bridge; Snapchat photo at 2:07; his photo possibly at 2:30 according to billboards with last sighting time.

4. I think the crime scene is the same place their bodies were found or at least in close proximity and that they were deceased by the time family arrived to pick them up. (Based on child abduction and murder stats, occams razor. ) jmo.

5. I don't think this was a "catfish" (bad analogy after all the tropical fish talk) scenario because like others have said, I think it would have been tracked by now through search warrant(s) of the phone(s). Slim chance an app like kik was used, which is less traceable. Not probable.

6. LE stated something to the effect of a random chance encounter being possible but not probable at a press conference.

7. I can't rule out someone having silently stalked one of the girls through social media or other forums to know they would be there that day.

8. I can't rule out a connection to some type of revenge, ulterior motive that specifically targeted one of the girls.

All JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hey momma we were posting at the same time, same thoughts!

With all due respect, this tummy (among other things) is exactly why RL should never have been considered to be BG.

Thankyouforpostingthepic.

Nope, must disagree. Just put on a bigger, looser jacket and you camouflage a lot. In fact, when I wear a larger size, people ask me if I have lost weight.

Teenagers can be wily, but I'm certain that the FBI would have found evidence of this by now if it were the case. JMO.

BBM..I think you're right about that. I'm sure it's one of the first possibilities LE thought of and investigated but a thought that had crossed my mind was - what if the girls had met him the 'old-fashioned' way, as in not on SM. Maybe while they were out somewhere, he could have spotted one or both and struck up a conversation with them. and learned or was told they were going to be at the bridge that day. Maybe he works or worked at a store or some place they went to, although my guess is LE has probably checked out businesses in the area. Just a thought though.

moo.

Even there walk is different.. The way the legs are. The bg walks inward, rl does not.. In my opinion this is absolutely not him, bet my paycheck on it. Plus he's only a person of interest.. Nothing more.. If u or I had been out there Around the time this happened we would be a person of interest as well. Because that is all they have. I feel awful for this guy.. Bc of things in my past was assuming I murdered two girls, I would just want to die. They are using things on him from bad choices in his past to assume.. Not good. My opinion only. If I'm wrong I will apologize.. But this guy is not him..

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

If we go only by the pics of suspect and RL, I would say they are definitely two different people. JMO However, I do see enough similarities to wonder if there is a younger version of RL in the area. They say we all have a "twin" somewhere.

Hey momma we were posting at the same time, same thoughts!
Great minds!

The thread is going in circles. I think we've cycled through the same discussions 10 times plus. I can't imagine the conversations Liberty and Abigail's families are having to cycle through. Heartbreaking.

Going to quote your post but really posting off yours in general...to the statement this was a an unexpected opportunity.

I can't wrap my mind around that. Yes, if this took place in a mall or a larger more populated area, perhaps, but out on a bridge that many are uncomfortable walking on that is surrounded by private property. Many people have referred to this area as a park--it's not.

How can this be so random in a rather isolated area? And the perp just happened to be dressed with supplies (if we are to believe there are supplies and/or a gun in his coat.)

If those who think he is a drifter want to believe he was hiding out in that area for awhile, maybe, but the theory doesn't add up to me.

MOO

Trails in Indiana, even in relatively isolated areas, are popular with teens and pre-teens for walking and hanging out.

i live next to a fairly isolated trail in another small Indiana town. Even on winter days I will see several kids/pre-teens/teens walking in small groups or by twos. Occasionally a single teen will walk by.

Trails are similar to the malls that my friends I and hung out at when I was 12 - 15 or so.

Indiana has hundred of miles of trails, many are on old abandoned railways.

Regarding the analysis of what people say to LE and media when someone is missing or worse.

A friend of mine went missing on Monday after flying to St. Louis for a wedding. Never checked out of her hotel, missed her flight home. I was ready to open a thread here for her. She was found and hospitalized late last night, and should be ok. All O/T.

But my words when talking to her family and other friends were not always my most coherent. And I kept thinking of everyone involved with Abby and Libby and how much harder this must be for their family and friends.

Where I'm going with this, I will be much less judgmental/analytical in the future in how people close to such situations speak. It is not easy.

Sharing a lesson learned. Thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Omg I am so sorry about your friend and so glad she is ok now. Thank you for sharing your perspective and giving all of us a reminder to be compassionate when sleuthing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. That said, I don't see this being a chance encounter for a couple reasons.

1. The bulkiness of his jacket and assumed/ possible supplies/ weapons suggest it was at least in his plans that day.

2. There are far more populated areas and trails for those looking for chance encounters.

3. The timeline was so tight. 1-3/3:30 at the bridge; Snapchat photo at 2:07; his photo possibly at 2:30 according to billboards with last sighting time.

4. I think the crime scene is the same place their bodies were found or at least in close proximity and that they were deceased by the time family arrived to pick them up. (Based on child abduction and murder stats, occams razor. ) jmo.

5. I don't think this was a "catfish" (bad analogy after all the tropical fish talk) scenario because like others have said, I think it would have been tracked by now through search warrant(s) of the phone(s). Slim chance an app like kik was used, which is less traceable. Not probable.

6. LE stated something to the effect of a random chance encounter being possible but not probable at a press conference.

7. I can't rule out someone having silently stalked one of the girls through social media or other forums to know they would be there that day.

8. I can't rule out a connection to some type of revenge, ulterior motive that specifically targeted one of the girls.

All JMO.

Excellent post. I totally agree. I think there is an outside chance that he went to the bridge that day looking for a victim, but the likelihood that he would find what he wanted seems so low. I think it's much more likely that one or both of the girls were stalked, even if just for a short time.

83a1e5c7d050c40033599b786290f53f.jpg

Image with BG flipped to reflect same stance/pose.

7b8bac4377ebf67cef0a361adae52a09.jpg

I see more flexing or bending at the knee of BG compared to RL. Maybe due to age?

IMO BG isn't wearing skinny jeans. On BG they look bunched up and a size or two too big. On RL baggy jeans make him look too wide in hip to be BG. Skinny jeans on RL get the hips to match but then the fit on the legs are off.

What the heck is under his shirt? I wonder does he have some kind of medical device or bag? There's something squarish under there. JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Was there mention of the girls stopping at gas or convenience station prior to being dropped off that day? I seem to remember hearing that but now can't locate a source. So consider this just an opinion and what if.

What if someone saw them at the store and followed them to the drop off point. Got very lucky they were dropped off at trail and not friends house though...

Thank you for bringing up a possible scenario that i havent seen talked about yet. I would like to find this out too. Although Im sure LE has definitely asked the driver who dropped them off if they stopped somewhere on th way...what if they did...to get snacks and drinks for their outing. And maybe BG overheard them talking about it and went there too. He then could have ample time to grab extra clothes and gear and weapons from his trunk maybe and followed them on the trail... if they did stop at a store/gas station, i would imagine they have combed through video from there amd maybe thats why they Are certain BG is the killer because he showed up in both gas station surveillance and on Libbys video..

Going to quote your post but really posting off yours in general...to the statement this was a an unexpected opportunity.

I can't wrap my mind around that. Yes, if this took place in a mall or a larger more populated area, perhaps, but out on a bridge that many are uncomfortable walking on that is surrounded by private property. Many people have referred to this area as a park--it's not.

How can this be so random in a rather isolated area? And the perp just happened to be dressed with supplies (if we are to believe there are supplies and/or a gun in his coat.)

If those who think he is a drifter want to believe he was hiding out in that area for awhile, maybe, but the theory doesn't add up to me.

MOO

Because he was there probably doing something criminal.... drugs come.to mind
The girls.maybe saw this then he saw them. .....I do think there as another person out there with BG but left before BG
Decided to get the girls.
The
Jmo

People, imo, keep forgetting that this is a heavily pixelated image, meaning that things are very unrefined. That means the clarity of the image really can't be trusted for fine details. I can see similarities in some larger muscle movements and facial features, particularly when the subject is looking down, which imo means that the photo if refined could be trusted to identify, PO as BG.

Does anyone have the link for the picture of RL and BG that were reversed? I have gone over threads 30 and 31 where I saw them and cannot find them anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help!

BGs gut just doesn't look as distended as RLs is...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
No it doesnt. BG appears to be wearing clothes too big for him with room to put huge square devices and whatever is in his jacket. .doesnt appear to be a huge belly..more like multiple layers of clothing and who knows what.

Heres another. Problem with comparing is BGs seems to be from a distance and RL is closer.
Never believed BG is a day over 50,let alone 77.
Did you see how unsteady and careful the teens walking the bridge were in another video on here? A 77 year old supposedly scared of heights ...simply isnt possible

883829e401638b2ee0a7e873aad41ba9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members