The oversized Bloomingdale’s panties.

Did Patsy lie about the Bloomingdale’s panties?

• Yes

Votes: 164 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 33 15.6%

• Total voters
BBM Then the question becomes, did they ever buy size 6 panties? Patsy waffles on that question as I recall. Does it really matter?

andreww,
Atlanta 2000 Interview, excerpt
1 Q. (By Mr. Kane) Okay. Were you

2 aware that these were the size of panties

3 that she was wearing, and this has been

4 publicized, it is out in the open, that they

5 were size 12 to 14? Were you aware of

6 that?

7 A. I have become aware of that, yes.

8 Q. And how did you become aware of

9 that?

10 A. Something I read, I am sure.

11 Q. And I will just state a fact

12 here. I mean, there were 15 pair of panties

13 taken out of, by the police, out of

14 JonBenet's panty drawer in her bathroom. Is

15 that where she kept -

16 A. Uh-huh (affirmative).

17 Q. -- where you were describing that

18 they were just put in that drawer?

19 A. Yes.

20 Q. Okay. And every one of those was

21 either a size four or a size six. Okay?

andreww,
Oh, yes it matters. Its similar to was JonBenet sexually assaulted or was it a staged assault?

If there is no pair of Wednesday size-6 Bloomingdale's amongst those BPD took from her drawer, then we are at liberty to assume this is what the size-12's were replacing?

Like I say BPD have never told us, so it matters to them too!

andreww,

andreww,
Oh, yes it matters. Its similar to was JonBenet sexually assaulted or was it a staged assault?

If there is no pair of Wednesday size-6 Bloomingdale's amongst those BPD took from her drawer, then we are at liberty to assume this is what the size-12's were replacing?

That's true, but the lack of any DOTW size 6 tells us that she likely only bought size 12s, which makes her story of JB opening them more credible. After all, why would JB open them if she had her own?

The real tell however is that JB is wearing the Wednesday size 12s that night. If as Patsy said they were opened at some point previously, there should be more than one pair missing from the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unclear if there existed size-6 DOTW underwear, but it was noted that several pairs of underwear in JonBenet's drawer were soiled. It's entirely possible she had no clean ones left and this led to the package being opened as a stopgap before purchasing new underwear (she may have had an accident that very night, as some have speculated). If something like this was the case, it would be an embarrassing thing to divulge and might have led to Patsy's muddled story about the size-12s.

It's unclear if there existed size-6 DOTW underwear, but it was noted that several pairs of underwear in JonBenet's drawer were soiled. It's entirely possible she had no clean ones left and this led to the package being opened as a stopgap before purchasing new underwear (she may have had an accident that very night, as some have speculated). If something like this was the case, it would be an embarrassing thing to divulge and might have led to Patsy's muddled story about the size-12s.

AndHence,
Atlanta 2000 Interview of Patsy, excerpt
2 Q. Which of those two trips did you

3 purchase the Bloomi's?

4 A. The first trip.

5 Q. Was it something that was selected

6 by JonBenet?
A. I believe so.

25 I think I bought a package to give to my

1 niece.

2 Q. Which niece was that?

3 A. Jenny Davis.

4 Q. They came in, if you recall, do

5 you remember that they come in kind of a

6 plastic see-through plastic container.

7 A. Right.

8 Q. They are rolled up?

9 A. Yes.

Patsy is saying she purchased underwear for JonBenet and her niece later in the interview she cannot remember if it was one or two packs? I reckon Patsy simply does not want tied down to whether she purchased two packs of size-12 underwear or one of size-12 for her niece and one pack size-6 for JonBenet.

If she had purchased size-12 Bloomingdale's underwear for JonBenet this would mean there should be 13 pairs of size-12 underwear to be found in the house.
Why would JonBenet want the niece's underwear if Patsy had already purchased a pack of size-12's? Also the R's only returned one pack of size-12 Bloomingdale's, so even their version of events assumes one pack of size-12's were purchased.

So its safe to assume Patsy purchased size-6 underwear for JonBenet, and that she was likely wearing a pair the night she was killed. Like I say BPD have never made public if Bloomingdale's DOTW underwear was removed from JonBenet's underwear drawer.

Also if JonBenet had an accident why not dress her in another pair of size-6 underwear, according to BPD she had 15 pairs to choose from?

I have always thought it strange that Patsy bought a female 'preteen or teen' underwear for a present, especially if this present would be opened in front of others. I would not want to open up underwear in front of any males at all.

If I was a teen I would be embarrassed. If I was a teen I would have wanted cash to go shopping for what I wanted, especially if this present was to be mailed. Costs less to mail a card with cash to check then a gift.

IMO, I wonder if the underwear was really bought for the relative at all or did Patsy make up the story. And if Patsy made up the story, why.I wonder if the underwear/panties were a size that would fit a 10-12 year old male? I just think this underwear/panties is so strange...and I will leave it at that.

I have always thought it strange that Patsy bought a female 'preteen or teen' underwear for a present, especially if this present would be opened in front of others. I would not want to open up underwear in front of any males at all.

If I was a teen I would be embarrassed. If I was a teen I would have wanted cash to go shopping for what I wanted, especially if this present was to be mailed. Costs less to mail a card with cash to check then a gift.

IMO, I wonder if the underwear was really bought for the relative at all or did Patsy make up the story. And if Patsy made up the story, why.I wonder if the underwear/panties were a size that would fit a 10-12 year old male? I just think this underwear/panties is so strange...and I will leave it at that.

MsJosie,
Yes, the millionaire wife purchases underwear as a Christmas Gift for her niece.

Over the years many have thought Patsy just made the story up. They were really purchased for some other purpose, .e.g. to wear for JR, another female to wear, for BR as he was cross-dressing ...

Take your pick. Whatever the reason, they were not mailed, and if they were among the partially opened gifts then BR knew they existed.

Who knows maybe part of the deal that night was that JonBenet wore the size-12's, after BR told her where to find them?

Patsy did a good job covering for BR, or was it JR?

i have always thought it strange that patsy bought a female 'preteen or teen' underwear for a present, especially if this present would be opened in front of others. I would not want to open up underwear in front of any males at all.

If i was a teen i would be embarrassed. If i was a teen i would have wanted cash to go shopping for what i wanted, especially if this present was to be mailed. Costs less to mail a card with cash to check then a gift.

Imo, i wonder if the underwear was really bought for the relative at all or did patsy make up the story. And if patsy made up the story, why.i wonder if the underwear/panties were a size that would fit a 10-12 year old male? I just think this underwear/panties is so strange...and i will leave it at that.

this ^^^^^^

Buying panties for a preteen or teen is just plain weird imo. They are stinky rich and you want to give a niece PANTIES? for Christmas? [/shaking my head] Something is odd. Not buying this at all.

All I can say is poor Jenny. First her aunt buys her underpants instead of, I don't know, anything fun you'd want to get for Christmas, and then to add insult to injury Patsy never sends them anyway! smh.

I remember receiving a pack of knickers for my 8th or 9th birthday? From some family friends. So a good 20 years ago. I've never felt so embarassed in all my life.

I read somewhere on here that these Bloomies were a bit special. And every girl wants to own them. So in other words they aren't just regular knickers. But still.

I remember receiving a pack of knickers for my 8th or 9th birthday? From some family friends. So a good 20 years ago. I've never felt so embarassed in all my life.

I read somewhere on here that these Bloomies were a bit special. And every girl wants to own them. So in other words they aren't just regular knickers. But still.

Embarrassed. I can see that. My first thought about receiving undergarments or socks when I was that age was disappointment. We never needed to waste a birthday or Christmas on clothing. When you were old enough, you'd fain appreciation and still want to get to the good stuff.

Embarrassed. I can see that. My first thought about receiving undergarments or socks when I was that age was disappointment. We never needed to waste a birthday or Christmas on clothing. When you were old enough, you'd fain appreciation and still want to get to the good stuff.

Oh, ITA.

I definitely remember my cheeks turning a nice red colour. I did open them infront of all of my friends at my party, haha. Oh, childhood memories....

Wow, really? I have never heard that; thank you for the info. Do you remember where you heard that?

AndHence,
Atlanta 2000 Interview of Patsy, excerpt

Patsy is saying she purchased underwear for JonBenet and her niece later in the interview she cannot remember if it was one or two packs? I reckon Patsy simply does not want tied down to whether she purchased two packs of size-12 underwear or one of size-12 for her niece and one pack size-6 for JonBenet.

If she had purchased size-12 Bloomingdale's underwear for JonBenet this would mean there should be 13 pairs of size-12 underwear to be found in the house.
Why would JonBenet want the niece's underwear if Patsy had already purchased a pack of size-12's? Also the R's only returned one pack of size-12 Bloomingdale's, so even their version of events assumes one pack of size-12's were purchased.

So its safe to assume Patsy purchased size-6 underwear for JonBenet, and that she was likely wearing a pair the night she was killed. Like I say BPD have never made public if Bloomingdale's DOTW underwear was removed from JonBenet's underwear drawer.

Also if JonBenet had an accident why not dress her in another pair of size-6 underwear, according to BPD she had 15 pairs to choose from?

It's not really safe to assume that, actually. Basing something on the fact that it "could have happened because it can't be confirmed or denied" is unwise and a politician's (particularly a current American one who shall remain nameless) trick.

andreww,

andreww,

20 Q. Okay. And every one of those was

21 either a size four or a size six. Okay?

Thats a big step on your part to say that any of those size four or six panties were DOTW panties.

Thats a big step on your part to say that any of those size four or six panties were DOTW panties.

andreww,
Sure and it also cannot be shown to be correct.

Patsy herself states that she purchased DOTW Bloomingdale's for JonBenet.

As I suggest, these were not size-12 Bloomingdale's, agreed?

It might be the case that all the size-4 or size-6 underwear, which is just a banding size, were DOTW?

Like I say, BPD are not telling us, so it matters.

It can only matter if underwear can be identified beyond the color, e.g. DOTW?

So we have Patsy buying DOTW underwear, BPD not wanting to comment on DOTW underwear, and JonBenet found wearing DOTW underwear.

So a valid question might be: is there a missing pair of size-6 Wednesday underwear, Bloomingdale or not?

So the big step is in assuming a size-6 Wednesday pair is missing, rather than assuming any were DOTW, since Patsy states she purchased some, and BPD do not want to confirm if any are missing.

I make a similar assumption regarding the pink barbie nightgown, i.e. JonBenet was possibly redressed in this by BR?

The reasoning is convoluted but again involves Patsy with yet another story regarding JonBenet's pink pajama bottoms.

So neither assumption is airtight, and could easily be refuted in a court of law, but represents a valid inference.

^ how can you say they were not size 12's when she was found in size 12's?

Honestly, you're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

^ how can you say they were not size 12's when she was found in size 12's?

Honestly, you're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

Userid,
No, its based on reading Patsy's interview.

She says she purchased Bloomingdale underwear for JonBenet and size-12 underwear for her niece Jenny.

If she had purchased size-12 underwear for JonBenet, then there should be 13 pairs of size-12 underwear in the house, none were found, the Ramsey's only returned six pairs.

The size-12's JonBenet was found wearing belonged to the niece's Christmas Gift.

The Bloomingdale's purchased for JonBenet should still be in her underwear drawer, possibly minus the Wednesday pair?

What's complicated about that?

andreww,
Sure and it also cannot be shown to be correct.

Patsy herself states that she purchased DOTW Bloomingdale's for JonBenet.

As I suggest, these were not size-12 Bloomingdale's, agreed?

It might be the case that all the size-4 or size-6 underwear, which is just a banding size, were DOTW?

Like I say, BPD are not telling us, so it matters.

It can only matter if underwear can be identified beyond the color, e.g. DOTW?

So we have Patsy buying DOTW underwear, BPD not wanting to comment on DOTW underwear, and JonBenet found wearing DOTW underwear.

So a valid question might be: is there a missing pair of size-6 Wednesday underwear, Bloomingdale or not?

So the big step is in assuming a size-6 Wednesday pair is missing, rather than assuming any were DOTW, since Patsy states she purchased some, and BPD do not want to confirm if any are missing.

I make a similar assumption regarding the pink barbie nightgown, i.e. JonBenet was possibly redressed in this by BR?

The reasoning is convoluted but again involves Patsy with yet another story regarding JonBenet's pink pajama bottoms.

So neither assumption is airtight, and could easily be refuted in a court of law, but represents a valid inference.

You take way too much for granted. Patsy never said she bought them for JB, only that it was her idea. So possibly JBs idea to get them for the niece, thus only size 12s were purchased. The only issue cops have is why JB was wearing them. Never any admission from Patsy that she bought size six and never any mention from anybody else that size 6 DOTWs were ever discovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back