SC SC - Tammy Kingery, 37, North Augusta, 20 Sept 2014

You cannot trust anyone, and that's very sad & scary.

This is what gets to me about this case. There is actually very little information, especially if you discount the husband's story. Obviously LE can't disclose much, but usually there are more people close to a person who have strong opinions and speak out, or at least more witnesses.

PK seems like a very open and likable person in all of the interviews. His charisma was certainly what got LE involved quickly in the beginning and helped to draw attention to the case at first (and for those who have said that he called right away, if he was responsible then that call was far from right away). What's disconcerting is how much he has been allowed to set the narrative in a relative vacuum. It's very convenient that he has stories that compliment what LE has disclosed (such as the emotional cheating) but that take them that much farther. I agree that his behavior has been odd, and although resentment in a spouse who has been left with the full load of responsibilities is common, he certainly can't manage to fit enough character assassination in (did you know she was an alcoholic, cheater, detached and distant mother and spouse, fighting with her children, recalcitrant and refusing help or medical attention, suicidally dangerous, miserly...and I'm sure I've missed some...) and that's a very troubling response to your life partner vanishing.

Also, perhaps my timeline is off, but it does seem strange that in the interview he'd say something like "that's the last time we saw her alive" (!) as if he has some insight while the rest of her family holds out hope as people tend to, while simultaneously calling all of his children to go find their mother after she goes missing (as has been mentioned). He has quick and convenient explanations for everything (he's afraid of lie-detectors! his son is a boyscout!) but they are unprompted details that don't make sense of anything. Also while most people would feel immense guilt at the potential loss of a partner, this guy is full on the defensive: claiming to be ridiculously sweet and blameless in response to her behaviors (though all of the photos I've found show her and the kids smiling but not him, she seems like the appeasing one trying to get everything to work), meanwhile laying out all of these wild unsubstantiated accusations against her as if they're fact (of her drinking, cheating, multiple suicide attempts without hospital admissions, serious mental health crises, etc), using language that includes his alibi (the kids) in every possible place.

I think all of this is questionable enough, but if you consider how little we know without his narrative, it really highlights how much everyone has been relying on him to flesh out the details. Without his story, all you have is that she left her car at work and came home early, on her phone were deleted messages of a flirtatious nature to a couple of other guys from an unknown period of time, her phone moved around the area, later that day one son cut his grandmother's grass and another accompanied his father on errands, later a phone call went to the daughter and eventually to the cops, her phone was not used, searches turned up nothing. That's it. Even some of that hasn't been substantiated be LE. All of the relative positions of those people and most of the day are unaccounted for. PK has convenient information to fill in all of that, and even people here have just been assuming the things that he has said are correct. But his answers have changed.

Also in the interview, she said something like "you're a smart guy, you would generally consider yourself intelligent wouldn't you?" (not exact words, here) and that was the only time I noticed him pause. He has answers for everything, he'll interrupt to correct you and set you straight on things. He's eager to talk about it. But if it doesn't fit with how he wants to be seen, and he wasn't expecting the question, suddenly he doesn't know what to say. Someone not wanting to acknowledge that they're intelligent, even for the sake of conversation, speaks volumes to me in this context. Even though some of his intellect is clear, he wants to be seen as the goofy hapless father figure who is a victim in this situation. Why would that be?

I went in really believing that he had nothing to do with this. Hearing some of the phrasing he used in that interview, and some good points added here, I'm less and less sure.

Finally, here's what linguistic text analysis on lying tells us:

1. People who are lying tend to use minimal self-referencing. They mention themselves less often, other people involved more often, and tend to speak in the third person.

2. They tend to use negative language, stronger language, and cast aspersions on other people or objects (ex. "My stupid phone died, I hate that thing.").

3. When lying, people tend to explain events in simple terms. Most people are very bad at constructing a complex lie.

4. But when discussing the situation they tend to use longer, more complex, and more convoluted phrasing and sentence structure. They use unnecessary words and add in irrelevant but factual-sounding details.

I hope that this outline might help you in thinking about other cases as well. Does any of that sound familiar to you with this case?

People who are guilty like to blame the victim or deflect attention away from themselves by strongly suggesting another possibility. Her husband could be the reason she was so depressed. Too many red flags on this case against the husband.

This is what gets to me about this case. There is actually very little information, especially if you discount the husband's story. Obviously LE can't disclose much, but usually there are more people close to a person who have strong opinions and speak out, or at least more witnesses.

PK seems like a very open and likable person in all of the interviews. His charisma was certainly what got LE involved quickly in the beginning and helped to draw attention to the case at first (and for those who have said that he called right away, if he was responsible then that call was far from right away). What's disconcerting is how much he has been allowed to set the narrative in a relative vacuum. It's very convenient that he has stories that compliment what LE has disclosed (such as the emotional cheating) but that take them that much farther. I agree that his behavior has been odd, and although resentment in a spouse who has been left with the full load of responsibilities is common, he certainly can't manage to fit enough character assassination in (did you know she was an alcoholic, cheater, detached and distant mother and spouse, fighting with her children, recalcitrant and refusing help or medical attention, suicidally dangerous, miserly...and I'm sure I've missed some...) and that's a very troubling response to your life partner vanishing.

Also, perhaps my timeline is off, but it does seem strange that in the interview he'd say something like "that's the last time we saw her alive" (!) as if he has some insight while the rest of her family holds out hope as people tend to, while simultaneously calling all of his children to go find their mother after she goes missing (as has been mentioned). He has quick and convenient explanations for everything (he's afraid of lie-detectors! his son is a boyscout!) but they are unprompted details that don't make sense of anything. Also while most people would feel immense guilt at the potential loss of a partner, this guy is full on the defensive: claiming to be ridiculously sweet and blameless in response to her behaviors (though all of the photos I've found show her and the kids smiling but not him, she seems like the appeasing one trying to get everything to work), meanwhile laying out all of these wild unsubstantiated accusations against her as if they're fact (of her drinking, cheating, multiple suicide attempts without hospital admissions, serious mental health crises, etc), using language that includes his alibi (the kids) in every possible place.

I think all of this is questionable enough, but if you consider how little we know without his narrative, it really highlights how much everyone has been relying on him to flesh out the details. Without his story, all you have is that she left her car at work and came home early, on her phone were deleted messages of a flirtatious nature to a couple of other guys from an unknown period of time, her phone moved around the area, later that day one son cut his grandmother's grass and another accompanied his father on errands, later a phone call went to the daughter and eventually to the cops, her phone was not used, searches turned up nothing. That's it. Even some of that hasn't been substantiated be LE. All of the relative positions of those people and most of the day are unaccounted for. PK has convenient information to fill in all of that, and even people here have just been assuming the things that he has said are correct. But his answers have changed.

Also in the interview, she said something like "you're a smart guy, you would generally consider yourself intelligent wouldn't you?" (not exact words, here) and that was the only time I noticed him pause. He has answers for everything, he'll interrupt to correct you and set you straight on things. He's eager to talk about it. But if it doesn't fit with how he wants to be seen, and he wasn't expecting the question, suddenly he doesn't know what to say. Someone not wanting to acknowledge that they're intelligent, even for the sake of conversation, speaks volumes to me in this context. Even though some of his intellect is clear, he wants to be seen as the goofy hapless father figure who is a victim in this situation. Why would that be?

I went in really believing that he had nothing to do with this. Hearing some of the phrasing he used in that interview, and some good points added here, I'm less and less sure.

Finally, here's what linguistic text analysis on lying tells us:

1. People who are lying tend to use minimal self-referencing. They mention themselves less often, other people involved more often, and tend to speak in the third person.

2. They tend to use negative language, stronger language, and cast aspersions on other people or objects (ex. "My stupid phone died, I hate that thing.").

3. When lying, people tend to explain events in simple terms. Most people are very bad at constructing a complex lie.

4. But when discussing the situation they tend to use longer, more complex, and more convoluted phrasing and sentence structure. They use unnecessary words and add in irrelevant but factual-sounding details.

I hope that this outline might help you in thinking about other cases as well. Does any of that sound familiar to you with this case?

Little late in reading this but excellent post! We are on the same page completely.

Someone not wanting to acknowledge that they're intelligent, even for the sake of conversation, speaks volumes to me in this context. Even though some of his intellect is clear, he wants to be seen as the goofy hapless father figure who is a victim in this situation. Why would that be?

Funny, since people who know him describe him exactly as a goofy dude into drinking, music and such, but who is not a big intellectual. Perhaps some people don't like to admit that they are just not that smart and they know it. It's right here in this thread, if you go back to it.

Anything new in the Tammy kingery mystery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nee
Nope
Nahi
Nada
Non
Zilch
No Way Jose
Voch
Nah
Niet
Nein
Negative
Nao
No Siree
Uh-Uh
Heck No
Nay
No Foul Nor Fair
La
Not Now
Thumbs Down
Lo
No
Hapana
Pigs Might Fly
&
N to the O

Nee
Nope
Nahi
Nada
Non
Zilch
No Way Jose
Voch
Nah
Niet
Nein
Negative
Nao
No Siree
Uh-Uh
Heck No
Nay
No Foul Nor Fair
La
Not Now
Thumbs Down
Lo
No
Hapana
Pigs Might Fly
&
N to the O

Damn it's the weirdest case ever besides that Bryce lapisa boy

I just watched this disappeared episode again a couple of days ago. My personal theories are either suicide or she actually left with someone that day and that person is actually responsible for her disappearance--maybe met the wrong person online? I think she wrote the note and actually intended to return and the note bought her some extra time. I think it is also possible she just wanted a different life and just walked off. Its not as likely, since you would think there would be sightings of her, but you never know.

Personally I just can't see PK being responsible for her death. He just seems too laid back. Kind of like the type of guy who would just let her scream and yell during fights and let everything roll off his back. He wasn't having an affair, they didn't have enough life insurance to fix their financial situation and there is no evidence of him being controlling or abusive to her in the pas--the usual motives for wanting to get rid of a spouse. I could be completely wrong of course and maybe he is just a complete psycho, but I just don't see it.

well well...
just would like to add after listening to the phone interview by the sound of PKs mutterings tammy really did him a favour in dropping off the face of the earth.
with all he had to endure with her and all you know the depression, the affairs, the drinking, the suicide attempts...etc

I have no idea how that horrid woman went to work full time to pay his bills.

what a champ. such a top bloke. totally fine with the affairs. no drama with the depression.
its not like she made him angry ever! never made him feel inadequate as a bread winner....cant imagine how her mucking around with other guys would push him over the edge or anything

well well...
just would like to add after listening to the phone interview by the sound of PKs mutterings tammy really did him a favour in dropping off the face of the earth.
with all he had to endure with her and all you know the depression, the affairs, the drinking, the suicide attempts...etc

I have no idea how that horrid woman went to work full time to pay his bills.

what a champ. such a top bloke. totally fine with the affairs. no drama with the depression.
its not like she made him angry ever! never made him feel inadequate as a bread winner....cant imagine how her mucking around with other guys would push him over the edge or anything

Yea, he's a piece of work. I wish he would fall off the face of the earth, but not before giving up where he put her.

Is there any news on this case yet?
It's been 3 years.

Is there any news on this case yet?
It's been 3 years.

Nothing Lienkie, absolutely nothing.
LE isn't talking & neither is PK, (sitting on me hands right now). I have been kicking myself for about a year, due to the fact I came up-close & personal with PK in the market & said nothing, not nothing!

Hissy fit time!! [emoji35][emoji939]

Wow!
Wasn't expecting that at all.
I guess it doesn't matter, but I wonder how she ended up there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

:confused: The link takes me to a really old article (from 2016) about Todd Kohlhepp's victims. Tammy was mentioned as a missing person but she wasn't one of the people found on Kolhepp's property last year. Has there been some new development in Tammy's case?
At the end it says her body was identified there, along with Tracy Wright
Unless I read it wrong.

At the end it says her body was identified there, along with Tracy Wright
Unless I read it wrong.

I think you are reading it wrong:

Missing Pieces Network, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving families of the missing, abducted or murdered, said it has identified than "six or seven other women" who have disappeared close to the area that Brown was found.

The organization identified two of the women to NBC News: Tammy Kingery and Tracy Wright. The latter disappeared only three weeks ago.

So far the group has identified two women to NBC News; Tracy Wright and Tammy Kingery who have gone missing — the former as recently as three weeks ago.
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Bo...ained-IDd-as-Missing-Boyfriend-400142051.html

Tammy was identified by a missing person's group as a woman who was missing from SC (along with Tracy Wright). I believe this article was published before the other victims found on Kohlepp's property were identified and they are listing other possible victims that could have been there. I followed the Kohlhepp case closely last year and Tammy and Tracy were NOT found on his property. (That said, he had 90 acres and there is always a possibility that more victims could be hidden in a different location and not yet found).

I think you are reading it wrong:

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Bo...ained-IDd-as-Missing-Boyfriend-400142051.html

Tammy was identified by a missing person's group as a woman who was missing from SC (along with Tracy Wright). I believe this article was published before the other victims found on Kohlepp's property were identified and they are listed other possible victims that could have been there. I followed the Kohlhepp case closely last year and Tammy and Tracy were NOT found on his property. (That said, he had 90 acres and there is always a possibility that more victims could be hidden in a different location and not yet found).
Thank you!
I guess I wanted closure, so I read what I wanted.
Need coffee...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado