IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not afraid, whatsoever, that someone might get my credit,
I'm afraid that the suspect might become aware of that he might be a suspect by police IF they
found my tip of interrest.
I don't want to risk jeopardizing the investigation.
Fair enough.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I did see another photo that was supposedly from that day taken by Libby on social media so I do think there were others... I just don't think any were released to the public.
A bit off topic, but I finally caught up. If the girks went out there to take photos, did LE or anyone mention seeing these photos? Only the 1 photo was uploaded, which I find interesting considering they were out there for so long. Now, obviously they may have just not uploaded the others but do we know at all if there were others taken? If not I wonder if they became distracted by BG, perhaps he was following them from the beginning and it wasnt until the bridge they decided to film him because it got so weird.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

PC? Explain.

Probable cause.

He is open to a warrantless search. But in spite of that, L E took evidence to a judge and applied for a search warrant based on evidence. I think that speaks volumes.

Yes, this is exactly what I think. We know that this was a search warrant signed by a judge based on probable cause relating to the murder investigation. If the search had been executed in the absence of a search warrant, due to RL's waived 4th amendment rights, there would not be a search warrant; it would be a warrantless search. JMO.

A judge granted a warrant for investigators to search his home and everything on the 40-acre property. But investigators would not share what piece of evidence gave them probable cause.

“I don’t believe it was just one piece of evidence I think the totality of evidence led to probable cause where a judge was able to issue a search warrant and that’s a normal course of business,” said Sgt. Slocum. “It’s not the first time we served a search warrant in this case.”

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/

You do realize his property was acres and acres, right? The area around his home and out buildings could have been lit up, the grove area was almost a mile from the house.

People are barking up the wrong tree with RL. MOO.

Have you read this whole thread? Curious what is your theory about who did this? A drifter, SK?

Just a suggestion...

If anybody wants to put their sleuthing skills to use in a different area, we could use lots of help over in the Unidentified forum (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?407-Identified!). Trying to find out who these people are and bring them home to their families is a lot more productive than making another lap around the same old track :)

If you're into genealogy or are good with public records searches or newspaper archives, maybe trying to find out who Robert Evans really is and where he left his victims might interest you: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-Evans-suspected-SK-Allenstown-1981-2000-s-2

There are lots of others. Poke around, find something you like.
I have mad respect for what you all do on those threads. Matching the missing to the unidentified. I was obsessed with the Racine county Jane Doe for a long time. You guys rock.

I only recall a few people being interviewed....RL and his longtime friend who also spoke in the Inside Edition video? Other than the grandfather, nobody has said much.

I actually feel more confident because they haven't released any more information. In my experience, the more information they release, the less confident they feel in solving the case. By keeping so much to themselves, it makes me think that they have a better grip on the case and are closer to some answers.

There was a woman in my County found murdered in her home July 5, 2016. Police released almost no information - not cause of death, whether they thought she knew the killer, etc. One of my daughters friends lives four houses away so it was particularly disturbing. The silence from LE was deafening and led to rampant speculation - the police aren't doing anything, the police know who did it, the police are covering up for or trying extra hard to make a case against an ex-boyfriend who was a cop, etc.

Finally, on Feb 8th they arrested a man and charged him with stalking and murder. He had been infatuated with this woman and stalked her using an app.

My point is, the silence in this case was because the police had a good idea who the killer was but they were making sure to build a case that wouldn't fall apart at trial. As frustrating as the silence was for the public, it must have been necessary.

I hope this is true - and I do believe it is - here for Abby and Libby.

My thoughts and prayers remain with the families of Abby and Libby and for all of the investigators who have been touched by this horror.

I would ask myself if the person is one of the local landowners, because I imagine reporters were walking around the area trying to get comments and interviews. But it is always suspect to me when a person who is uninvolved appears eager to talk to the press. Possibly they enjoy the spotlight, but as with RL, having a criminal background makes it more suspicious that they would enjoy the spotlight. Did the person seem to recite the way he thought things happened? Or just how he felt about the murders? One shows intent to control the story being told, the other is less suspicious to me.
I'm glad you called it in.
He walked reporters through the route he assumed they took, as well as offered pointers as to how nice one could carry them in the rough terrain. On the flip side he also discussed his emotions of this happening in his land.
Not too much talk about the poor girls or anything like that though.

Edited to add: I thought you were talking about RL. Pardon.

He walked reporters through the route he assumed they took, as well as offered pointers as to how nice one could carry them in the rough terrain. On the flip side he also discussed his emotions of this happening in his land.

Edited to add: crap I thought you were talking about RL, not the mystery guy.

RL gave up his right to the 4th amendment. He has NO rights there. Any judge would grant that. IMO

It's not as simple and clear cut as you may think. Probationers routinely sign Fourth Amendment waivers, but they have been challenged in court many times (sometimes successfully). Google "Fourth amendment search and seizure waiver Indiana", and you will find many court cases addressing the various issues involved.

In RL's case it's possible that the search/seizure is limited to only alcohol. That wouldn't give LE the right to seize clothing or a potential murder weapon. Many times the warrantless search can only be conducted by a probation officer, or by a LEO acting on behalf of a probation officer. There's a huge difference between a probation officer checking RL's cabinets or vehicle for booze, and the FBI combing 40 acres of property for evidence of a murder.

I cannot imagine that in a homicide investigation of two young girls LE is going to take ANY chance that their key evidence will be tossed out, or that it will be tied up in the appeals system for years. The stakes are much too high.

Have you read this whole thread? Curious what is your theory about who did this? A drifter, SK?

With all due respect, I have read every thread since day 1. IMO RL is definitely not BG. Therefore, if BG is indeed the killer, it is not RL. Don't you think if FBI had the smoking gun on RL they would have arrested him and charged him by now? You can't tell me they found anything of importance during the property search but are hiding their hand? They want this solved and the public wants this solved, they wouldn't be waiting on it.

I'm not sure what my theory is other than def not RL. I lean towards it being a crime of opportunity. Most likely BG carried some kind of a knife. I think BG just happened to be in the background of a video and it wasn't a video OF him purposely. Other than the fact that LE said so and he hasn't come forward, I'm not totally convinced BG is the suspect.

MOO

Yes that would make me a little suspicious. But you are talking about RL, correct? I agree that his interviews bothered me, but I was commenting on a question posed by The Foreigner. She was suspicious of a different person who had given two interviews and is not directly related to the case. She wanted to know if we thought it was suspicious, but cannot share the video.

You do realize his property was acres and acres, right? The area around his home and out buildings could have been lit up, the grove area was almost a mile from the house.

People are barking up the wrong tree with RL. MOO.
Im not only barking up that tree, I'm climbing it, picking apples from it and then lying beneath it for shade until charges are filed. IMO There is no reason to think outside the box unless you can't find what you are looking for inside the box. I found what I was looking for right inside that box.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yes that would make me a little suspicious. But you are talking about RL, correct? I agree that his interviews bothered me, but I was commenting on a question posed by The Foreigner. She was suspicious of a different person who had given two interviews and is not directly related to the case. She wanted to know if we thought it was suspicious, but cannot share the video.
Yes, lol, I got mixed up and jumped the gun. Sorry.

Regarding RL going anywhere when the girls were missing..jmo, but it could simply be he didn't think anything horrible had went on..he may have thought it would just turn out they'd eventually find them w/friends somewhere.
I agree. If I'm recalling this correctly I think LE had the same assumption...that, at that point, the girls were likely not in danger. (Edit: Not blaming LE at all with that statement. I was more thinking about how kids that age who are reported missing probably wind up being fine.)

Im not only barking up that tree, I'm climbing it, picking apples from it and then lying beneath it for shade until charges are filed. IMO There is no reason to think outside the box unless you can't find what you are looking for inside the box. I found what I was looking for right inside that box.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Great post!

With a due respect, I have read every thread since day 1. IMO RL is definitely not BG. Therefore, if BG is indeed the killer, it is not RL.Don't you think if FBI had the smoking gun on RL they would have arrested him and charged him by now You can't tell me they found anything of importance during the property search but are hiding their hand? They want this solved and the public wants this solved, they wouldn't be waiting on it.

I'm not sure what my theory is other than def not RL. I lean towards it being a crime of opportunity. Most likely BG carried some kind of a knife <modsnip>. I think BG just happened to be in the background of a video and it wasn't a video OF him purposely. Other than the fact that LE said so and he hasn't come forward, I'm not totally convinced BG is the suspect.

MOO

BBM

No! RL is in jail, safe and sound and so is the public, if he is indeed a suspect. If he is going to be charged, LE will take their sweet time, and put together an extremely tight case. It makes sense, since he is not out on the streets to worry about, they have the luxury of time to solidify evidence. As soon as they charge a suspect with a crime, the clock starts ticking. The defendant can demand his right for a speedy trial, and force the prosecutor to go to court very quickly. If there is no danger to the public, they will wait to charge him until they are set to present the entire case on day 1. Seen it happen many times. many times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie