IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying hard to think of a topic we can discuss that is relevant right now. I'm so curious as to what made them search that grain bin. They must be missing items from the crime scene such as clothing or weapons. Or maybe they are trying to match up ropes or grain sacks or something.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've always been amazed when people think it's ok to trespass on another person's property.

RL has horses and goats (?) and the liability for any of them getting out on the road, causing an accident, would have likely been on him. I can tell you that if I would have ever caught someone in my barn, with my horses, they would have been in big trouble.

Don't forget, a month earlier, his house was also broken into and property was taken.
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-04-09/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

MOO

GREAT find! I wonder what sort of property was taken?

MOO - Could he have reported a weapon missing of some sort? Guns? Knives? Maybe even some clothes? Probably not though because he was already on probation?

I wonder if this person who burglarized his home was someone he knew or maybe BG had been "camping" out on RL's land this whole time and maybe even breaking in when he wasn't home to steal food or shower and stuff?

I think sealed is sealed. But thanks for posting your question because it reminds us that there were more Search Warrants issued than for RL's property.

Any ideas why RL is the only one publicly named?

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

MARCH 13, 2017
"Saturday night a local man known to investigators was arrested on a probation violation, and there have been several arrests of suspects on drug-related charges during the investigation.

“There’s been multiple arrests based on this investigation of people who have had nothing to do with it,” said Carter, “and I’m sure that will continue.”

Investigators have served approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas, some as far away as Peru in Miami County, and checked on the probation status of dozens of sex offenders, many of whom were cleared as suspects in the murders based on interviews, alibis or polygraph examinations."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/isp-ser...-with-deaths-of-delphi-teens-no-arrests-made/

FEBRUARY 16, 2017
"Indiana State Police served a search warrant Thursday in connection with the deaths of two Delphi teenagers.

Police say they acted on a tip they got and searched the home on Bicycle Bridge Road. No arrests have been made."

http://www.wibc.com/news/local-news...-and-still-no-suspects-murders-libby-and-abby

Mar. 21, 2017

"FBI and Indiana State Police served a search warrant on that property again Friday afternoon. The property owner, R***** L****, remains in jail on unrelated probation violation charges and police have not called him a suspect in the case.

“We’re trying to basically clear him or look at him even stronger,” said Sgt. Kim Riley. “That’s about all I can say at this point in time.”"

Fair enough. So, by that logic, we can say that RL is not a suspect because LE said so, right? (at this time)

LE doesn't publicize everything they have-ever. Why in the world would they come out to specifically say that BG and RL are not the same person. On the same token, LE has said that BG IS a suspect and RL is not. (at this time). Do you believe LE only in some instances (that fit your theory) and not in other instances (that don't)?

Food for thought.

Just FYI, I haven't ruled RL out, by any means...I'd basically hang up my sleuthing hat if he and BG are the same person. I really would.

RL does not need to be BG to be implicated somehow

BBM

Which is the point JLS made in his last statement.

I happen to agree, RL isn't ruled out in my mind but there is no way I can believe RL and BG are the same person.

MOO

MOO - Could he have reported a weapon missing of some sort? Guns? Knives? Maybe even some clothes? Probably not though because he was already on probation?

I wonder if this person who burglarized his home was someone he knew or maybe BG had been "camping" out on RL's land this whole time and maybe even breaking in when he wasn't home to steal food or shower and stuff?
I have had the unpopular view that perhaps BG was his hired hand to help care for the horses. He could have been living on the land with or without the owners blessing.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

MARCH 13, 2017
"Saturday night a local man known to investigators was arrested on a probation violation, and there have been several arrests of suspects on drug-related charges during the investigation.

“There’s been multiple arrests based on this investigation of people who have had nothing to do with it,” said Carter, “and I’m sure that will continue.”

Investigators have served approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas, some as far away as Peru in Miami County, and checked on the probation status of dozens of sex offenders, many of whom were cleared as suspects in the murders based on interviews, alibis or polygraph examinations."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/isp-ser...-with-deaths-of-delphi-teens-no-arrests-made/

FEBRUARY 16, 2017
"Indiana State Police served a search warrant Thursday in connection with the deaths of two Delphi teenagers.

Police say they acted on a tip they got and searched the home on Bicycle Bridge Road. No arrests have been made."

http://www.wibc.com/news/local-news...-and-still-no-suspects-murders-libby-and-abby

Mar. 21, 2017

"FBI and Indiana State Police served a search warrant on that property again Friday afternoon. The property owner, R***** L****, remains in jail on unrelated probation violation charges and police have not called him a suspect in the case.

“We’re trying to basically clear him or look at him even stronger,” said Sgt. Kim Riley. “That’s about all I can say at this point in time.”"
Either it's because the media were lingering around the area, or maybe they wanted to put pressure on RL or someone else. What are your thoughts on this?

Trying hard to think of a topic we can discuss that is relevant right now. I'm so curious as to what made them search that grain bin. They must be missing items from the crime scene such as clothing or weapons. Or maybe they are trying to match up ropes or grain sacks or something.

I've tried without success to get people to talk about the voice and what they hear (not the words, but the tone and even the sounds.) I think the tone of the voice tells a lot about the suspect and the probability that this was planned vs. random. JMO, though.

I'm going to mark my place and take a break. Hope that today really IS the day.

I am not sure the image we've seen will end up being of much use in a trial...just look at the hundreds of different things seen in it just here on WS.

In one of the press conferences where LE called Libby a hero for capturing the video, a comment is made about "criminal activity which is about to occur". (Paraphrasing)

That indicated to me that the events started to go very bad immediately after the video started. I'll try to find the link.

MOO

If I remember correctly they said "criminal activity that we believe is about to occur". I've always found that vagueness curious. Well did it occur (right after) or not? If they had more audio you'd think they would know what happened right after the "down the hill" phrase was spoken. I always interpreted it as meaning that the recording ended right there. IMO it could have just been a few second accidental recording. I know LE called Libby a hero and credited her with having the presence of mind to record her own killer, but IMO that was said more for the benefit of her family and loved ones. Her grandfather later added that they both were heroes because neither left the other girl when they could have split up. Truth is we don't know that. We don't know what Libby was thinking when she hit record (or if it was even intentional), and we don't know if they had a chance to escape. It's a nice narrative, and a beautiful tribute to these sweet girls, but I personally don't think any factual conclusions can be drawn from that. Obviously none of us really know, but IMO the actual attack happened so quickly they didn't stand a chance. MOO.

ETA: I believe Libby was filming Abby on the bridge, and BG just happened to be in the background. I do not for a minute believe that Libby was intentionally capturing a guy she saw as a threat at that point. The "down the hill" audio MAY have been recorded intentionally, but like I said, I believe the recording ended there.

If I remember correctly they said "criminal activity that we believe is about to occur". I've always found that vagueness curious. Well did it occur (right after) or not? If they had more audio you'd think they would know what happened right after the "down the hill" phrase was spoken. I always interpreted it as meaning that the recording ended right there. IMO it could have just been a few second accidental recording. I know LE called Libby a hero and credited her with having the presence of mind to record her own killer, but IMO that was said more for the benefit of her family and loved ones. Her grandfather later added that they both were heroes because neither left the other girl when they could have split up. Truth is we don't know that. We don't know what Libby was thinking when she hit record (or if it was even intentional), and we don't know if they had a chance to escape. It's a nice narrative, and a beautiful tribute to these sweet girls, but I personally don't think any factual conclusions can be drawn from that. Obviously none of us really know, but IMO the actual attack happened so quickly they didn't stand a chance. MOO.

BBM

Yes, that sounds like what I remember and it also struck me as odd...how can they not know? Especially since there have been hints that there is more video (based on the comments along the lines of last thing they'll see before sleep). MOO

Look at the dates, this was 2014

Either it's because the media were lingering around the area, or maybe they wanted to put pressure on RL or someone else. What are your thoughts on this?

Dunno. The media published photos of the Bicycle Bridge Road search without naming the person.

I will say, after being a member of WS for almost 14 years (!!!), one of the most important things I've learned is to Never Say Never.

Too many times I've been dumbfounded when I learned what really happened. It's so important to keep an open mind and try not to form an opinion until one knows the facts.

To answer your original question, in rural areas like that the cell phone service and data are subpar. I doubt it would support facebook live, also, although they had facebook accounts, facebook isn't really what the cool kids are active in these days. The regular camera function on an Iphone (which most people think that she had) is super easy to get to. I even realized after -- easier to access the camera than to call 911. With the limited footage that has been released, my guess is that there is little actual video footage of the perp and that the moment that she was feeling seriously uneasy & the moment that they were accosted and she concealed her phone were quite close together.

4G LTE works perfect in Delphi if you have Metro. AT&T works good, verizon not so much.

"
There is a clinical definition. I am not defending RL but can you give the link where it is stated he drank and drove while his street was "flooded by police and FBI" I somehow missed that.

Didn't quote original post and now I can't find it. Does anyone know what condition of his probation he broke? The person I was replying to said he drank and drove but as far as I know he was not pulled over? Help me out here...

It has not been stated how he violated probation. Also getting caught drinking and driving would be a new violation and there is no record for that. I can't find a record for any violation he has committed recently. Even if he just got caught driving on a suspended license there should be a record for that. Maybe it got a ticket in another county. Can LE bust you for driving on a suspended license if they see you while viewing a surveillance video?

Dunno. The media published photos of the Bicycle Bridge Road search without naming the person.

I will say, after being a member of WS for almost 14 years (!!!), one of the most important things I've learned is to Never Say Never.

Too many times I've been dumbfounded when I learned what really happened. It's so important to keep an open mind and try not to form an opinion until one knows the facts.
Sage advice! I am constantly surprise when arrests are made, and I've developed a healthy appreciation for the taste of my hat, iykwim. I am very open and willing to be wrong. I prefer to be wrong. I sure hate the idea of an old man being jailed for the rest of his life. But of course, if he did it, he did it. It would just suck more for the community and family if he was a trusted, long timer.

MARCH 13, 2017

FEBRUARY 16, 2017

Mar. 21, 2017

"Any ideas why RL is the only one publicly named?"

Just my thoughts, as the girls were found on his land, RL naturally became a person of interest. Had he not been closely investigated, quite likely in many people's minds LE wouldn't be doing a thorough job. Because of that, I'm thinking the SW does not weigh towards guilt. It's just investigative due process.

Another thing, for various reasons, its beneficial to LE that this case remains in the limelight even if it's shone on an innocent RL, especially if they're building a case against another person/s. If so, when the truth is known RL has an opportunity to resurrect his reputation.

Things aren't always what they seem, although sometimes they are.

I've tried without success to get people to talk about the voice and what they hear (not the words, but the tone and even the sounds.) I think the tone of the voice tells a lot about the suspect and the probability that this was planned vs. random. JMO, though.

It may also suggest they play an authoritative role in life, where they are comfortable giving commands to kids...whether it be pre-planned or random.

For example, I got my education degree over 15 years ago. I have worked with enough students over the years, that if I come across teens who are starting to beat up another teen (even at the mall), without even thinking about it, I naturally switch into educator mode and begin intervening with strong commands to "Stop it now" or "Leave him alone."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-

Slocum said that Liberty videoed / recorded out of fear.

-

I think her hands were shaking or we would have better video of BG. She was very upset at time of video he was already making his move toward them. Crime had begun. You are right about fear. Fear as they had never known before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MARCH 13, 2017

FEBRUARY 16, 2017

Mar. 21, 2017

"Any idea why RL is the only one publicly named."

Just my thoughts, as the girls were found on his land, RL naturally became a person of interest. Had he not been closely investigated, quite likely in many people's minds LE wouldn't be doing a thorough job. Because of that, I'm thinking the SW does not weigh towards guilt. It's just investigative due process.

Another thing, for various reasons, its beneficial to LE that this case remains in the limelight even if it's shone on an innocent RL, especially if they're building a case against another person/s. If so, when the truth is known RL has an opportunity to resurrect his reputation.

Things aren't always what they seem, although sometimes they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie