IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original order was never served to the respondent: https://mycourts.in.gov/PORP/Search/Detail?ID=792930

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the order needs to be formally served if there was a hearing and the decision was made in court with the respondent present. Both RL and his wife attended the hearing, and the judge issued the one year order right then and there. They may have mailed him a copy of the order, but I doubt he would need to be "served".

From what I understand, the purpose of serving someone is to put them on notice or make them aware of something. Since he attended the court hearing he already knew the outcome, so no need to serve him. JMO.

No news or important developments to report unfortunately in the last few days. Let's hope and pray progress is being made behind the scenes.

Thank you. I was thinking of Abby and Libby as I went about my day.

True. He said it like a question. "Down the hill?"

The FBI, well actually I think it is the specialty of Homeland Security use technology that map a voice based on anatomical factors that affect our speech sounds. When they get a graph of a voice they can match it similar to matching a fingerprint. It wouldn't matter the inflection or someone raising their pitch. With all the resources given to this I feel confident they would have known very early on if the voice matched.

I read in the case summary posted earlier that the 2013 order of protection was read and served to RL, and was in place until it expired in 2014. How can it expire if it was never in place???
I don't know how it works there, but I had to file an order of protection a couple of times against crazy, violent neighbors. It was given to me, and I had to go watch for the respondent, then call the police to come out and serve it. The other option was paying for it to be served.

In addition, I never asked for an extension of either one. That had to be specifically requested, and it appears this person did make that request.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the order needs to be formally served if there was a hearing and the decision was made in court with the respondent present. Both RL and his wife attended the hearing, and the judge issued the one year order right then and there. They may have mailed him a copy of the order, but I doubt he would need to be "served".

From what I understand, the purpose of serving someone is to put them on notice or make them aware of something. Since he attended the court hearing he already knew the outcome, so no need to serve him. JMO.

Wouldn't a court document then use more conclusive terminology than "has not yet been served?" It seems that there would be a term like "serving not necessary - respondent attended hearing?"

I found this at the Court link:

02/27/2009, divorce filed
09/25/2012 , Decided

I apologize if this has already been discussed. Would these dates indicate a contentious divorce? Difficult division of property? Why 2 1/2 years for the process?

link

It has the person who filed name, his name, the date, and other "court talk" about it being granted. I can't see the actual order that she filed, but I can see all the typical docket info regarding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a link to the exact page where this info is? I have not found it anywhere. thanks

Oh __ I see you are using Odyssey. If there is not a public access, I don't think we should be discussing what is found there. You might need to get permission from Tricia or mods if you want to link to anything found there.

ETA.... ha.... somehow I managed to get something to work on Odyssey, but darned if I can do it again.

It may be considered a bandwagon but I followed a link to court records that was dropped. I had never checked on RLs priors. I was shocked at the copious amount of charges. Driving fast or without a seatbelt does not make one a killer.

Most of what was on that link was not Ronald E Logan of Delphi.

The FBI, well actually I think it is the specialty of Homeland Security use technology that map a voice based on anatomical factors that affect our speech sounds. When they get a graph of a voice they can match it similar to matching a fingerprint. It wouldn't matter the inflection or someone raising their pitch. With all the resources given to this I feel confident they would have known very early on if the voice matched.

We do not actually know if they found the voice match or not...LE may be using this time to collect more evidence and to secure a better chance of conviction in trial.

Can you post a link to the exact page where this info is? I have not found it anywhere. thanks

I apologize but I can't link it because when I do it just goes to the login page. I did post a screen shot of the court docket a few pages back since I can't link it.

Really hoping LE makes a statement about RL soon, one way or the other. We probably would not even know his name if not for the location of the girls' bodies, as we do not know the names (or past crimes) of other homeowners they have searched. LE said they have done several other searches, I believe, surely someone has a quote. Jmo

Wouldn't a court document then use more conclusive terminology than "has not yet been served?" It seems that there would be a term like "serving not necessary - respondent attended hearing?"

Yeah, one would think so. But it looks like a VERY basic web form to me, so I wouldn't read too much into it. JMO

Hey guys. I hate to be this person as I say, but I will.

Any updates? Thank you.

Hi Whiskers. There is no new info but I posted parts of LEO Slocum's radio interview from last week on post #31, this thread.

IDK if you might find that interesting reading (I, of course wouldn't know if you heard the interview). I pulled out some pertinent (IMO) info. regarding where LE seems to be at in the case.

:fence:

I don't think we can publicly sleuth the person who applied for a protective order against RL, but anyone who does some private sleuthing may discover some interesting connections. JMO.

I don't think we can publicly sleuth the person who applied for a protective order against RL, but anyone who does some private sleuthing may discover some interesting connections. JMO.

I noticed that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members