Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry. This took so long to post the reply it was old news by the time it posted ! Grrrr

Good find, alicat. So this is where the white car comes into play. With money owed to RB .... probably leaving RB owing money to his suppliers.

Sam didn't have a chance, with multiple people plotting to get him. :(
And he evidently didn't get how truly serious things are when you owe money to this type of people, and are still managing to go on overseas holidays and buy hot cars. Even after the robbery - which was likely a threat - Sam still went on holiday. He should have stayed away, until he could repay his debt somehow. Such a sad and terrible chain of events.

If Sam was dealing is where he would of made the big bucks. The other guys could of supplied Sam via his friend, Sam gets rid of it and gets the money he owes the suppliers, and makes his own profit as well. But maybe Sam was having too good of a time with money that wasn't really his? Then when it was time to pay up he didn't have it?

Now you got it.

Well, all I hope is that if the perpetrators of this murder are part of and/or connected to a large drug syndicate, that the syndicate is smashed once and for all. Too much death and destruction are spread by these creeps and all these types can see is the fast money. Human life means little in their schemes of arrangement. MOO

Re:my first post sam has been dealing a couple years now.

Yes, the veiled comments I saw on Sam's FB page certainly inferred what you are saying.

There is a comment about ice, and another comment about should he go for quality or quantity. With smart arse replies from other people.

And several times he was offering money (now I wonder if it was actually money he was offering, or was it a value of product? And was it a way to let people know he had product for sale?) for people to come and pick him up, as if he went out without other people or a ride to get himself home, or even a friend to share a taxi with. Or even money for a taxi by himself, because I wondered why wouldn't he just get a taxi, instead of asking people for a 'ride, for money'.

It sounds as if he frequented the Bald Hills area himself.

I believe the dealing is something he did himself. And now he has paid the ultimate price for non-compliance.

If i recall reading correctly, a friend of Sam's was in cahoots with some unsavory characters. So not Sam directly, but indirectly, so whatever he was doing could of been through his so called friend, and when he screwed up with owing the unsavory characters money, the unsavory characters killed him. But i would have to find the article i read that from.

MISSING 22-year-old Samuel Thompson is believed to have met with foul play and police are looking into connections with "unsavoury types".

Detective Inspector Tim Trezise said police now believed Mr Thompson may have been involved with "unsavoury" characters.
"We now suspect foul play was involved," he said.

https://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/fears-samuel-sammo-thompson-met-foul-play/3154178/

Hi fellow Websleuthers - long time member here but never commented before - just a lurker and a reader - but could not help but add my two cents worth to this discussion - I have been somehow drawn to Sams case - my partner would say rubbish it's all of them - but very local and a couple of distant connections to Sam - but now - Ashley Dyball! I do have some knowledge of him as my daughter went to high school with him - just trying to find out now why he was kicked out of army ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi fellow Websleuthers - long time member here but never commented before - just a lurker and a reader - but could not help but add my two cents worth to this discussion - I have been somehow drawn to Sams case - my partner would say rubbish it's all of them - but very local and a couple of distant connections to Sam - but now - Ashley Dyball! I do have some knowledge of him as my daughter went to high school with him - just trying to find out now why he was kicked out of army ...

Hi there :)

I'm getting the impression that he was a volunteer fighter and not actually in the army from what I've read so far. Interesting to know if this is the case, and if so why he chose that avenue rather than the Forces.

Hi there :)

I'm getting the impression that he was a volunteer fighter and not actually in the army from what I've read so far. Interesting to know if this is the case, and if so why he chose that avenue rather than the Forces.

I believe he was in army here after high school but discharged? Then joined the group and went overseas to fight re ISIS

I believe he was in army here after high school but discharged? Then joined the group and went overseas to fight re ISIS

(Snipped)

One significant incident Dyball flagged on Facebook occurred in 2010 when he revealed that he had suffered a bad setback, failing in a bid to join the Australian Army after being medically discharged before he completed basic training.

.... Then three months later he wrote that he was "shattered", explaining to friends that just as he was nearly through his training at Kapooka he "bulged a disc" in his back while reaching for his water bottle after a pack march.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/kurdish-fighter-ashley-dyball-tried-to-join-the-australian-army-20151210-glkqk0.html

So sad that someone who seems to be so ethical and willing to fight for something bigger can turn around and take a life, the same that he was trying to protect just a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So sad that someone who seems to be so ethical and willing to fight for something bigger can turn around and take a life, the same that he was trying to protect just a few years ago.

I'm not at all caught up on this, or on the people arrested but I'll hop on here to say don't assume someone goes overseas to fight in that sort of circumstance is in any way "ethical" or heroic. Very often it's nothing to do with "the cause" and everything to do with being extremely troubled.

I'm not at all caught up on this, or on the people arrested but I'll hop on here to say don't assume someone goes overseas to fight in that sort of circumstance is in any way "ethical" or heroic. Very often it's nothing to do with "the cause" and everything to do with being extremely troubled.
You could be right, I was basing this off of interviews he had where he discussed his intentions for going. No I do not know his heart but I tend to not always assume the worst in people especially those who are willing to possibly die for what they believe to be right. We are all capable of amazing and horrible things. I am just sad that this happened for everyone involved and their families. Ashleys parents believed him to be a hero, a lot of people did. Its sad his decisions led him here.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, going by the comments on the linked 7 News update, the people who knew him call him things like a "loony" and one guy says "i dare some one to write that ashley was a good guy in school" and heaps of laughing faces. Seems to me this ashley kid was just trouble.

Curious to know how the last few hours played out with the crime and the car, was it a set up or an argument gone wrong. Stupid kids really, I mean, you can't take on the world at that age, thinking they can go around murdering if something goes wrong.

Idiots.

Yeah, going by the comments on the linked 7 News update, the people who knew him call him things like a "loony" and one guy says "i dare some one to write that ashley was a good guy in school" and heaps of laughing faces. Seems to me this ashley kid was just trouble.

Curious to know how the last few hours played out with the crime and the car, was it a set up or an argument gone wrong. Stupid kids really, I mean, you can't take on the world at that age, thinking they can go around murdering if something goes wrong.

Idiots.

BBM.
It may not have been a physical issue that kept him out of the army, per implications in the above.

Totally agree Wolf

I'm reading quietly, basically stunned, sleuthing comments on FB news feeds and reflecting. Just wanted to add that steroids have been mentioned in a few of the comments, which I don't find surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard