Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on the find Elizabeth Thomas Facebook page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has there been anything in the media about a siting in Carlsbad New Mexico on March 27th? The photo sure looks like it could be them. The clerk in the clothing store where this happened called the cops immediately but they didn't come in time. If it is them the goatee is gone.

I would love to see the photo! Is it in MSM anywhere?

I can't link to it because it's not allowed here. Also it's a closed group but not hard to be admitted.

She has so many different pages it's almost counterproductive. It seems like tips should all be posted to the same page. (After LE is notified)

MOO

For some strange reason this case reminds me of the young school girl taken from the East coast (Brittany Smith??). The guy drove her across the country and they camped out the entire time. I think that he had tats's all over his legs.and was inside a WalMart. The young girl was waiting outside and just made eye contact with a lady. The lady had seen the Amber Alert and went in and saw the man and reported it immediately!

Who Remembers?? Praying for the Same thoughtless situation to Happen Here!

I haven't been on here for ages, but jump back on for updates occasionally! Hello Friends!

If a sighting does turn up out west, or elsewhere, as late as the 27th, I will be incredibly relieved to know she was alive and well at that point. If anyone finds a credible news or LE story suggesting there was a sighting, please post it asap.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some strange reason this case reminds me of the young school girl taken from the East coast (Brittany Smith??). The guy drove her across the country and they camped out the entire time. I think that he had tats's all over his legs.and was inside a WalMart. The young girl was waiting outside and just made eye contact with a lady. The lady had seen the Amber Alert and went in and saw the man and reported it immediately!

I haven't been on here for ages, but jump back on for updates occasionally! Hello Friends!
I remember this case. He murdered her mother. I think this is the case that brought me to WS and it very much reminds me of this minus the murder part.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That's exactly who it reminded me of, but another poster had to remind me of her name.

I can't link to it because it's not allowed here. Also it's a closed group but not hard to be admitted.

I have seen the pics. It doesn't look like them. The girls hair is too long and the guy looks nothing like him.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Has it been stated which computer the 'teen marriage' research was done on, the home vs school computer?
ET would have access to his school computer, so the search could have been done by her, no?

I was under the impression that marriage can be denied or at the very least the pastor(or whoever) can refuse to service the wedding? I was also under the impression even if she is pregnant, you still need Parental Consent. I don't know, I hope this ends well, I hope this teacher gets life.

I was reading through some of the teen marriage laws in the USA last night. Each state varies. But there are some states where a teenager of the age of 16 can get married without parental consent if the "bride" is pregnant. However, in order to do this the proposed "bride & Groom" must meet before a judge who will either grant or deny and in some cases allow but postpone the marriage until the bride has been pregnant long enough to prevent her from aborting the child. There are other states that will allow a pregnant teen to marry without parental consent but must have a "next person" or Guardian Ad Litem represent them in a hearing before a judge. Common law marriage is legal in some states. In fact, some states will automatically consider two people married if they have a child together and have lived together since the birth of that child. No matter their age, they will be required to get a divorce in that case if they choose to no longer be together. I worked as a paralegal in my state and we had a teenage couple with a child that never married but were required to get a divorce by law because they had a child together. It was a very ugly divorce with CPS being called in every other month. I am common law wed in my state. We live together and do not have a child together. All I had to do was sign a notarized document that stated we both held ourselves out to the public as man and wife. I do not think that would be legal and binding with a minor though who cannot enter into contract without either parental consent or a judge's consent.

The facebook group Help Find Elizabeth Thomas is a closed group. A few of us here at WS inherited the fb page after the original moderator baled on it. We chose to maintain it in order to keep it going and keep the word out. We have the group set to close because of previous issues in that group. As a rule, we are not allowing anyone to join that page if their facebook profile is less then a year old. It's not hard to get into the group if you are using your normal fb page or one that was created over a year ago. We do understand that many of our WS family use fb pages that conceal their identity and we understand that. If you have tried to get in to the group and have been rejected, feel free to drop any of the page admin a message (all are also members of WS).

It takes about 40 hours to drive from Oklahoma City to Central America. I think US authorities were a little late in notifying Mexican authorities.

I was reading through some of the teen marriage laws in the USA last night.
Regardless of state laws, they would not be able to get married without TC divorcing his current wife of 31 years. His search of teen marriage makes me wonder if he was weighing options prior to going through with the kidnapping, such as asking JC for a divorce. Also, since JC is now divorcing him, I wonder what the legal process in TN is like - how soon will the divorce be granted under the current circumstances? MOO.

They don't look anything alike. The man is younger and a lot slimmer than TC. The girl also doesn't look like ET. The image is very grainy and hard to see so this is just IMO.

Regardless of state laws, they would not be able to get married without TC divorcing his current wife of 31 years. His search of teen marriage makes me wonder if he was weighing options prior to going through with the kidnapping, such as asking JC for a divorce. Also, since JC is now divorcing him, I wonder what the legal process in TN is like - how soon will the divorce be granted under the current circumstances? MOO.

As near as I can tell from reading some of the attorney's comments, it would take around 60 days for a divorce to be granted. ET will turn 16 in around 40 days, so it just might work to TC's advantage? It seems like they'd sure be taking a huge chance that the marriage provider hasn't kept up on the BOLO news, though.

This was answered yesterday by a Tennessee attorney.

On the issue of his wife filing for divorce, I'm actually primarily a divorce lawyer in Tennessee (obviously neither he nor his wife is my client). There is a mandatory waiting period after filing before you can get divorced. If you have minor children together, it's 90 days; if you don't, it's 60 days.

The hurdle for her is going to be service of process. She will have to get him served to divorce him. She could, I suppose, serve him by publication in the newspaper, but if she does, then the court won't have jurisdiction to assess alimony and divide marital property. Given that probably everything she owns is marital property due to the length of the marriage, she wouldn't be able to get clear title to a house or property without actual, rather than constructive, service. Personal service (where someone hands him the papers) is obviously preferable, but just like everybody else, she doesn't know where he is.

My suspicion is that she filed in order to have everything teed up to serve him as soon as he's arrested. After he's served, he'll have 30 days to file an answer before she's entitled to a default judgment, and after a default is granted, most courts will force her to wait another 30 days before having a final hearing (if the waiting period has expired at that point; it's a "whichever is longer" situation).

With respect to alimony, it's true she has a job, but what's not clear is whether he's earning to his capacity. Tennessee alimony law considers fault, although it's primarily based on the obligor's ability to pay and the obligee's financial need. I would suspect alimony will be awarded in this case, although perhaps not a huge monthly obligation because they were hardly wealthy.

MOO but she may feel like filing for divorce is the only thing within her power at this point to say that what Tad is done is NOT okay and she does NOT endorse his behavior. She is probably tired of hearing how he allegedly got special treatment because she works for the school and this is her way of saying she's just as mad as everybody else, if not more.

I heard some concern several pages back that her filing would make it easier for TC to marry ET. The kind of man who would steal a 15 year old child to "marry" her is also the kind of man who isn't going to care one single bit that bigamy is illegal. And until the divorce is finalized, they're still married anyway. But it's not like if TC and ET applied for a marriage license, there's some federal database that would flag him as already married. That just doesn't exist. Of course, they would probably creep whatever county clerk out due to the age difference and I doubt they'd take that risk even with fake IDs.

From Carlsbad Police Department's FB page:

The Carlsbad Police Department received two calls today from citizens who had possibly seen these two individuals in Carlsbad. We are currently following up on leads and attempting to confirm. If you have any information regarding these individuals please contact the police department immediately. 575-885-2111

From Carlsbad Police Department's FB page:

The Carlsbad Police Department received two calls today from citizens who had possibly seen these two individuals in Carlsbad. We are currently following up on leads and attempting to confirm. If you have any information regarding these individuals please contact the police department immediately. 575-885-2111

Carlsbad New Mexico or California ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads