IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning. That statement didn't make sense (to me) then and looking back it still doesn't.

I would like to believe that two teenage girls killed by a random stranger in broad daylight would be reason enough to warn the public of a possible killer on the loose wouldn't it?Unless LE knew that the killer wasn't a random stranger.....

In another case I was following about a year ago (actually by then it was the trial), there was a LOT of evidence and expert testimony in regard to cellphones. The pinging of the various towers, and what can and can't be obtained from phone records, versus actual cellphones themselves, and sim cards presence or not being present, etc.. very very complicated stuff!. It's possible that they were able to get a certain amount of information from various sources without having the actual phone in hand, such as the records from the cellphone provider, the stuff that was uploaded to wherever. But it may be not possible to get all of the texts without the actual phone.

I think its possible that when the girls bodies wear initially discovered that the manners of death were not initially blatantly apparent. I think this may be some of the reason for the odd wording of some of the statements that LE made early on. I think it may have only become fully apparent to LE initially that that there was foul play when they watched the video from the phone....JMO

I think its possible that when the girls bodies wear initially discovered that the manners of death were not initially blatantly apparent. I think this may be some of the reason for the odd wording of some of the statements that LE made early on. I think it may have only become apparent to LE initially that that there was foul play when they watched the video from the phone....JMO

I remember one officer saying he'd never be able to forget what he saw at the crime scene, so I don't think there was any doubt they were murdered.

(no source, I've looked but can't find it, but it was quoted in a MSM article)

I have wondered about the searchers in the water too. In the helicopter footage from the search the day the girl were found, they are forming a human chain in the creek. It appears they are down just a few hundred feet from where the girls were found. Had they been found yet? I am curious because there were at least two helicopters flying all around the area and yet they were found by ground searchers. I am rambling but what I am trying to say is... the girls should have been visible from the air. One of them was wearing a tye died shirt. that has me thinking they may have been hidden or obscured.

I would like to believe that two teenage girls killed by a random stranger in broad daylight would be reason enough to warn the public of a possible killer on the loose wouldn't it?Unless LE knew that the killer wasn't a random stranger.....
Exactly, so something in the very beginning must have led them to believe that this was NOT a random stranger, killer on the loose. LE did have the photo by the time of the press conference, and they were still saying at that time that they doubted it was a random stranger. See above.

After reading one of the more recently posted newspaper articles in which it was talking about the girls' interest in forensics and police work, I'm wondering if perhaps the two girls could have been starting to create a video, perhaps as a school project or something.. perhaps filming whatever, making up a crime story to go with it (would have made a great project out there in the barren winter wilderness on the crickety unsafe bridge over top of the creek), but then the crime and the perp morphed into reality.

It was grade 8 when my child's class was tasked with forming groups of 2 or 3 students, to each create a video for presentation to the class. Themes/storylines were chosen by each group individually. If something like that happened, then the perp surely wouldn't have been stupid enough to leave the phone(s) with the girl(s), but if the girls had been auto uploading to a cloud, it's possible the perp's techno knowledge wasn't advanced enough to know that this was a possibility. Back to the old, 'did police actually locate LG's phone, or just the content uploaded from the phone'. The girls may have had a plan to create such a thing, just choosing the first person/people they saw out there that day, but as chance would have it, they happened upon the wrong person/people on the wrong day that were involved in the wrong thing.

Trying to think what could prompt that kind of anger if not 'personal', and if not sexual. If you're a badguy and you see 2 silly teens filming you perhaps involved in some kind of criminal activity, it may not go over so well. If that was the case, the perp would likely be local, probably has a previous criminal record, and didn't want to risk jail time. But if local, then why hasn't he been identified by locals? Perhaps he has been, but someone is covering and providing a false alibi?

And perhaps others who may have info are not willing to expose their own criminality by making that call, considering all of the arrests police have made during this case, outside of the realm of the murders. I wonder why police haven't issued a promise stating that unrelated criminality will not be pursued in exchange for information relating to this case (as long as the person wasn't a participant). Don't they have 'Crimestoppers' over there, where calls are not traced and people can call in anonymously with tips? I know it has been said that people *can* call the tipline anonymously, but does that guarantee to them that their numbers and locations aren't being traced? I know this stuff has already been discussed, it's just so annoying that nothing seems to be happening, FBI has gone home, etc.

Good Morning. This is my first post, having lurked since thread 1. The girls interest in forensics and police work is something I picked up on in the beginning when I first saw it mentioned, I have wondered whether it may be connected somehow.
My daughter was a similar age when following a CSI day at school, her and her friends went (trespassing) around an old hospital looking for mysteries to solve.
I am unable to locate the link where their police work interest was mentioned, I believe it was possibly the interview with the grandfather?
I recall the forensic lesson was fairly recent so may have been fresh in the girls minds as they set off on their hike that day.
IMO If they witnessed something suspicious they may have tried to record it with a view to reporting it to the relevant authorities afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember one officer saying he'd never be able to forget what he saw at the crime scene, so I don't think there was any doubt they were murdered.

Are you sure that the officer didn't say he'd never be able to forget something about the video?

Are you sure that the officer didn't say he'd never be able to forget something about the video?

No, I remember that also. Stuff of nightmares, IIRC. But this was specifically about the crime scene.

Some people are saying they believe throats were slit. But I believe if that were the case, they would have bled out and there would have been a huge mess, and therefore, RL would not have been able to say that the area was still 'pristine'.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/16/time...eenagers-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams/

Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017

7:45 p.m. Indiana State Police serve a search warrant in connection with the case at a home in Delphi. No arrests were made.

Friday, Feb. 17 2017

Pause .................................... Maybe evaluation of the search warrant and waiting for tips.

Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017

4 p.m. A public visitation for the girls is held at Delphi Community High School.

Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017

12:30 p.m. Indiana State Police say the man photographed walking along trail around the time the girls’ disappearance is a suspect in their deaths.

Maybe the search warrant took place at a home where someone lived which could have been BG but was not. Then LE waited for the public visitation to go along without "trouble", then on Sunday told the public about the "suspect".
:dunno: ???

In another case I was following about a year ago (actually by then it was the trial), there was a LOT of evidence and expert testimony in regard to cellphones. The pinging of the various towers, and what can and can't be obtained from phone records, versus actual cellphones themselves, and sim cards presence or not being present, etc.. very very complicated stuff!. It's possible that they were able to get a certain amount of information from various sources without having the actual phone in hand, such as the records from the cellphone provider, the stuff that was uploaded to wherever. But it may be not possible to get all of the texts without the actual phone.

Does a cell phone ping towers when it's turned off but still charged??

Do we think BG had a cell phone??

Can LE pull records for an hour from 1 tower and see every number that used that tower???

If BG didn't bring a cell phone, do we think it's more likely he is local and left it home??

Good Morning. This is my first post, having lurked since thread 1. The girls interest in forensics and police work is something I picked up on in the beginning when I first saw it mentioned, I have wondered whether it may be connected somehow.
My daughter was a similar age when following a CSI day at school, her and her friends went (trespassing) around an old hospital looking for mysteries to solve.
I am unable to locate the link where their police work interest was mentioned, I believe it was possibly the interview with the grandfather?
I recall the forensic lesson was fairly recent so may have been fresh in the girls minds as they set off on their hike that day.
IMO If they witnessed something suspicious they may have tried to record it with a view to reporting it to the relevant authorities afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to WS and thanks for your thoughts. There is more than the below, but this is one instance of it being reported that the girls were interested in this type of thing.

News Talk 1240 WRTA Blair County's Local News Authority

11 Mar

Mystery surrounds Indiana murder of 2 teen girls: ‘We cannot fail on this case’

Categorised National News

iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — In rural Delphi, Indiana, 14-year-old Arika Gibson is grieving the murders of her two friends the only way she knows how: by vowing to pursue a career in law enforcement and stop something like this from ever happening again.

“I’m gonna do the best I can to catch criminals like the person who did this to them,” Arika told ABC News. “I’m not gonna let this person take over my life and ruin everything I know and love.”

The week before the girls’ Feb. 13 disappearance, the eighth-graders took a tour of the high school. Arika said she and Abby “went to the criminal justice area” at the school because they “both had the same dream of doing something within forensics and police work.”

“She wanted to help people,” Arika said. “We talked about it all the time in school.”

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Source: National News
News
http://wrta.com/mystery-surrounds-indiana-murder-of-2-teen-girls-we-cannot-fail-on-this-case/

I believe the statements you are referring to were made days later after already hearing the audio/seeing the video and putting the pieces together to form a picture in their minds. I think there are many details that relate too finding two dead teenage girls out in the woods dead that would be troubling for anyone to deal with, even trained LE. Ask any parametic, LE, firefighter and they will all say nothing worse than finding a dead child no matter the cause of death.....

Didn't LE state Libby started recording when she felt scared. Maybe once they extracted the video and audio and analysed it all they were able to determine why she felt scared and that BG was the reason, making them confident enough to announce him as a suspect and believe he participated in the murders. It may have taken a few days, we don't know for certain if they have her phone, nor what condition it may have been in. I think they wanted to get that image of BG out there as soon as possible and may have believed him to be involved off the bat but didn't have enough evidence at that time, then within a few days they got it, the rest of the audio/video analysis. MOO

Does a cell phone ping towers when it's turned off but still charged??

Do we think BG had a cell phone??

Can LE pull records for an hour from 1 tower and see every number that used that tower???

If BG didn't bring a cell phone, do we think it's more likely he is local and left it home??
It was *super* complicated, and *way* over my head, and even after hearing expert testimony, it still left lots of questions, and I think even when there are answers, the answers are not always the same (ie I believe service with some providers is different from service with other providers, such as what the provider might be able to recoup in the way of texts). Also, something about whether texts are saved to the actual phone or to the sim card makes a difference. In the case I was following, police were able to see communications between the various parties, however that was once the numbers were *known*. I'm not sure if they can just ask for a printout of all the phone numbers in the area at a specific time. I don't think they can. And the way the info from the phones is retrieved, is all interscattered, so it takes a real expert to decipher things. Also, about the pinging, it isn't straight forward either. I will try to find some kind of record from the testimony to show what kind of things they were saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88