GUILTY WA - Nathaniel Rosa, 31, fatally shot by homeowner, Belfair, 1 April 2017

I love serj!!!

anyways from what I have gathered from the stories in the news, they did have words when the homeowner first encountered him. when he returned and shot him, they did not speak to each other. so the shower guy may not even have been aware the homeowner was back.

If they did have words the original encounter, id be interested in what was said.

I see what your saying and neither persons actions make sense at all, we have reports they two made contact but now that may not be true. So from what it sounds like the deceased may have not realized the homeowner showed up...or maybe he did, and simply opened the door saw the guy showering and immediately took off. Whether that alerted him in the shower, we don't know but he continued to bathe regardless.

Odd circumstances, and other than intoxication I don't know why he'd be there showering. But on a totally unrelated note, the shooting victim here looks a lot like the singer from System Of A Down.

....Anyone have exact address - I want to see if houses look alike in that area?
sbm

CARIIS

Imo, the 2 houses are not look-alike structures, not apt to be confused w ea other, are not close together, not city lot-sized,
A person legit'lyin house before may realize: Hey, this furniture, flooring etc is not Aunt Betty's; I'm in wrong house. (Doubtful that visitor now at wrong house would say: Well, as long as I'm here, I'll clean up)

Altho likely, Rosa's entry may not have caused "kicked-in door" (screen door?). Previously existing? Or Fanning?

No street address I've seen, but see pix at http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/bruce...on-homeowner-shooting-intruder-murder-photos/. Ap 4

Contrast the pix.
Fact 1 pic = two story frame house, attached garage on right side w greyish composition roof. LE yellow crime scene tape & metal gate across asphalt drive. Lots of trees, bushes on frontage, in yard, & behind house.

Fact 3 pic = LE/crime scene white van, backed up, close to yellowish frame garage (or ?). w tannish/reddish/brown composition roof, but not attached to/no bldg on right. Portable table w LE eqpmt. Chainlink fence w "Attack Dog" sign. Does not appear imo to be on same prop as ^gray 2-story (could be, but not color or style matched). Grass on side of asphalt drive & big big big trees behind.

Fact 4 pic = taken from st, w curved asphalt drive w grade up to bldg/home(?) w no gate visible to me. IDt this is same drive as pic 1, but could be same as in pic 2. Yellowish color looks similiar,

I think 2 diff props: One of them = Fanning's actual residence, the other = house next door to his and used for his business. SWAGs: storing blowgun inventory? Ofc for same or other biz? Pricey man cave? IDK.

All JM2cts, could be wrong.

Maybe one of our map wizards could post or link an aerial shot for us? TiA.

my thoughts on this case: he should have called 9-1-1 after he fled first time and waited for police to come instead of getting a gun and killing the man. now, he WOULD have had the right to shoot the man if the gun was already in the house BUT left, got a gun and came back. that is intent to kill.

What a bizarre story !!

Man why cant I come home and find a naked man in my bathroom!!!!

knowing my luck, he'd be someone i wouldnt want to see naked :laugh:

I am confused when you said it made more sense now what were you referring to?

Anyone have exact address - I want to see if houses look alike in that area?

I just meant that it didn't make sense to me that shower guy would still be there taking a shower after having words with the homeowner. That article I quoted made it out as if the homeowner went inside, saw the guy in the shower, but said nothing to him at all. Then left, came back and shot him, also without saying anything.

It may be that he just didn't say anything when he came back to shoot him, but my post is in response to that specific article.

Fanning has been charged with first degree murder and is now out on bail.

Bruce F. Fanning, of Belfair, was charged Wednesday with first-degree murder in the shooting death early Saturday of Nathaniel J. Rosa, a 31-year-old paraeducator from Bothell.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...ooting-charged-first-degree-murder/100084474/

This article also has some more information about how Rosa may have wound up in Fanning's place of business:

Mason County Prosecutor Michael Dorcy said Tuesday that Rosa had been at a nearby friend's house Friday night and took a walk early Saturday after getting into an argument. Rosa might have mistakenly entered Fanning's building, which has an identical floor plan to the house where he had been visiting his friend, according to Dorcy.

In addition to determining if Rosa were intoxicated, Dorcy said, investigators will attempt to determine whether he was hypothermic, which might have contributed to a sense of disorientation.

This is extremely sad. My condolences to all those who knew and loved Nate Rosa. From all appearances, he was a very kind man who was well-liked and very close to his family.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...ooting-charged-first-degree-murder/100084474/

This article also has some more information about how Rosa may have wound up in Fanning's place of business:

This is extremely sad. My condolences to all those who knew and loved Nate Rosa. From all appearances, he was a very kind man who was well-liked and very close to his family.

This makes it even worse!!! Please you gun ppl, think it over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but when one appears drunk they are usually pretty drunk.

A little drunk is easy to hide but appearing drunk means to me either slurring words and or off balance. I'm really curious as to what "appearing" drunk means to the shooter.

My initial thought is he safely left this home, he was no longer in any danger. To purposefully leave and and then go back and shoot through a shower curtain sounds to me as if he was mad about something said as oppose to someone feeling in danger. He clearly had the upper hand with a guy who appeared drunk, naked and behind a closed shower curtain.

I could be wrong but when one appears drunk they are usually pretty drunk.

A little drunk is easy to hide but appearing drunk means to me either slurring words and or off balance. I'm really curious as to what "appearing" drunk means to the shooter.

RSBM

Check the comments on this article from someone with the initials TJ. It's possible Rosa was not drunk at all.

RSBM

Check the comments on this article from someone with the initials TJ. It's possible Rosa was not drunk at all.

Are you referring to the comment about hyperthermia? I can see that but he also mentions drinking.

Either way, leaving a safe place and then returning and shooting a naked man through the shower curtain doesn't seem like self defense to me. I could be missing something but it seems to me words exchanged during the initial contact (or second contact if initial contact happened at the home of the friends which caused victim to go out in the cold) inflamed the shooter enough to go back and get his gun and shoot this man. I'm still not seeing self defense.

Are you referring to the comment about hyperthermia? I can see that but he also mentions drinking.

Either way, leaving a safe place and then returning and shooting a naked man through the shower curtain doesn't seem like self defense to me. I could be missing something but it seems to me words exchanged during the initial contact (or second contact if initial contact happened at the home of the friends which caused victim to go out in the cold) inflamed the shooter enough to go back and get his gun and shoot this man. I'm still not seeing self defense.

Yeah. It's certainly possible Rosa was drunk, but for now I'm reserving judgment. The facts we have are all filtered through the lens of Fanning, who I consider to be a biased source. Either way, I agree, it seems clear that this was not self-defense.

With the police having said there is more to the story,I doubt it went down the way Fanning stated.I wonder if the two knew each other or had any contact prior? As far as the entering wrong house I can not see a sober person going all the way in and getting in shower without realizing his mistake.Could Rosa have meant to be there for some reason?

Fanning said he told the intruder to leave, but the man replied with “non-understandable verbal threats.”

Fanning said he was afraid and thought the intruder was drunk.
<snip> http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article142465339.html

1. How does a person know someone is making threats when the words are "non-understandable"?

2. What is there to fear from a person who's undressed and wet? Just leave, go home, lock your door and dial 911.

RSBM

One thing that stood out to me in this article is this part:

The New York Daily News reported a sign on Fanning&#8217;s house features a skull and crossbones and reads: &#8220;Trespassers will be shot.&#8221;

Every person I know that has a sign like that would gladly shoot anyone that so much as sets foot on their property. I know some people that love guns and are the "last resort" types, but beware of the sign people.

Just so I don't offend someone, I want to reiterate that I'm talking about people that I personally know. Our experiences may differ. ;)

Also, looks like that article backs up the original articles that said he did say something to Rosa before he left to get a gun. I don't think it matters whether he did or not, as far as the law goes, I was just curious as to why Rosa wouldn't have at least been out of the shower by the time the guy came back with a gun. Obviously, something was up with Rosa. People generally don't just end up in the wrong house and proceed to take a shower while sober and/or of sound mind.

If the homeowner's story isn't true, I'm not sure why he didn't just say he heard something and went over there with a gun in hand. Even then, he may not have been able to claim self defense, but it would've looked a lot better than him leaving and coming back with a gun.

Street address:1520 East Trails Rd, Belfair, Mason County, WA.
^ per Olympian http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article142465339.html Ap 3, w scribd ProbCause declaration.

Aerial shot of this & homes next door? Anyone? TiA.
It's actually 1520 E Trails End Rd. I found it on a Google map and see the other buildings along the road, but I don't know how to save and post the map. Sorry.

ETA: I figured out how to link the map:

https://goo.gl/maps/uKZuMZFJP8w

It's actually 1520 E Trails End Rd. I found it on a Google map and see the other buildings along the road, but I don't know how to save and post the map. Sorry.

ETA: I figured out how to link the map:

https://goo.gl/maps/uKZuMZFJP8w

Was his car in the driveway? Ty for map it helped. Really buzzed so he got house confused? What hangs me up there is doing damage to moms door. That is kinda intense?

If mom worked and had to be gone for periods of time it would seem mom would give him a key?

Was this the first time he had visited mom in ages ?

Was that day his first day in time in that area or had he been there visiting a couple of days? Familiar vs not familiar with area yet?

The fact that it was daylight makes it more bizarre tho huh?

Mason County Prosecutor Michael Dorcy said Tuesday that Rosa had been at a nearby friend's house Friday night and took a walk early Saturday after getting into an argument. Rosa might have mistakenly entered Fanning's building, which has an identical floor plan to the house where he had been visiting his friend, according to Dorcy.

determine whether he was hypothermic, which might have contributed to a sense of disorientation. There has to be a lot they have not released to even be pondering this. maybe he ran out in the fight in shorts and exposed for a long term to the elements moo

I think this just solved the whole thing! moo, Fight the night before- may have been in elements for some time - it the best explaination in my opinion so far - makes it all more tragic IMO

A geriatric dude could easily mistake mental confusion for being "drunk" linked a couple of posts back

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back