Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuel Thompson was only 22 years old. It is not even an established fact he was dealing drugs. He might have been or might not have been?
We really don't even know why he was murdered? We don't even know if he had drugs in his system? Hopefully toxicology testing will reveal that.
Sam is a victim of murder. Sam's family had no idea the fate that would befall their son, and inadvertently find themselves in this nightmare.
I donated and i'm proud of it, even if it's only enough to buy some pretty flowers for his funeral.

As stated I don't think donating is tasteless. I think many of the people/situations seeking money on go fund me are in poor taste.

It wouldn't have crossed my mind to start a go fund me in the wake of this that's for sure - FWIW I agree it's a bit "icky" (to coin a phrase) - but people try to help others in different ways :)

Very few people deserve to die at the hand of others. Almost all people are grieved for when they die, irrespective of the life they led (not saying ST led a bad life, just saying, even Carl Williams had people who mourned him). I just think the fundraising is somewhat tasteless. It's not the only go fund me I've thought that of. People are free to give if they choose and I'm not mocking people for being kind. You seem to constantly and rudely attack anyone who disagrees with your point of view.

I get what you're saying re Go Fund Me.....I've got endless people up here in Byron asking friends to fund their attendance at workshops and personal growth seminars. Or even for holidays because they need a break. Some of it just feels narcissistic and opportunistic.

In this case it's up to the individual, I think. The 'moral ground' depends on your viewpoint. I can see how people might feel it's inappropriate to donate to Sam's family when it seems like his own actions (eg. drug dealing) led him into the situation where he got killed. But then I also see how he's still a murder victim and his parents are mourning the death of a child and could use some financial help.

But I'm sorry if you feel you're being attacked for having an alternate point of view. That's not really cool. I personally think what you said is totally fine. I think it's up to each individual.

JMO

I think there is a feeling among some posters that young Sam was a common drug dealer who was ruining the lives of other young people by selling them poison basically so he could live a lavish lifestyle - atm this is all hearsay - in time the facts should emerge.

It would be a hard heart that would say he deserved to die - no-one has any right to take the life of another and if Sam did lose his way for a bit he probably would have turned it around but was not given a chance.

I don't know the financial position of ST's parents but I would assume they were not dependant on him for money - that said, funerals are not cheap ($8-10,000 for a nice one I would suggest) and a totally unexpected cost and stress for them when they'e dealing with enough.

BBM

It is also a two-way street. Nobody forces these people to try ice and other Class A drugs, then continue, and get themselves hooked. It is a choice they have made. A bad choice, but still a choice.

Just as no-one forces people to become alcoholics, it was their choice, their bad choice. Does that make liquor and beer shop owners bad people? :dunno:

Just as Sam may have made a bad choice. Though that is not perfectly clear yet.

Samuel Thompson was only 22 years old. It is not even an established fact he was dealing drugs. He might have been or might not have been?
We really don't even know why he was murdered? We don't even know if he had drugs in his system? Hopefully toxicology testing will reveal that.
Sam is a victim of murder. Sam's family had no idea the fate that would befall their son, and inadvertently find themselves in this nightmare.
I donated and i'm proud of it, even if it's only enough to buy some pretty flowers for his funeral.

I agree - we still don't know for sure - could have been Keno or something!

I think the parents of all three people mentioned in this case should be treated the same. They've all lost something and are somewhat feeling responsible for what occured. No amount of would take away any guilt or otherwise.

On a side note it annoys me that our culture forgives the dead so easily. No wonder suicide rates are so high.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BBM, Forgives the dead for what? I would say if someone goes around murdering others, then it would be what you give should be what you get. Live by the sword die by the sword.
As far as i know Sam never killed anyone. If idiots choose to destroy their life with drugs, then as long as people want to take them there will be a demand. If everyone said no to street drugs it wouldn't even be an issue.
So should those that manufacture alcohol die too, seeing as alcohol also destroys lives? Or how about perscription drugs? Or anything else people die from?

I agree - we still don't know for sure - could have been Keno or something!

Well i can't say i know and it could be or not? People here saying so & so told me, and i heard it via someone else, who knows?

As stated I don't think donating is tasteless. I think many of the people/situations seeking money on go fund me are in poor taste.

I think its a good idea personally, and no one is twisting anyone's arm to donate.

I can certainly agree with that. I have seen some real doozies of reasons for raising funds.

I also know of a person who raised money through crowd funding for a piece of health-assistance equipment, even though they had more than enough money, and private health insurance - that easily allowed them to purchase the equipment without the assistance of others.
Now that is taking advantage, as far as I am concerned.

(I would also like to add that this person is a big drinker, at the pub every night till late, peeing away money while others felt sympathy and paid for the equipment.)

Well i can't say i know and it could be or not? People here saying so & so told me, and i heard it via someone else, who knows?

Because "people here" know this group and/or people associated with them. Not much distance between a lot of the young fellas this age in those suburbs.

I can certainly agree with that. I have seen some real doozies of reasons for raising funds.

I also know of a person who raised money through crowd funding for a piece of health-assistance equipment, even though they had more than enough money, and private health insurance - that easily allowed them to purchase the equipment without the assistance of others.

(I would also like to add that this person is a big drinker, at the pub every night till late, peeing away money while others felt sympathy and paid for the equipment.)

Oh that is dreadful.

Because "people here" know this group and/or people associated with them. Not much distance between a lot of the young fellas this age in those suburbs.

And I have to say, so much of what has been reported by locals has later proven to be true in MSM.

BBM, Forgives the dead for what? I would say if someone goes around murdering others, then it would be what you give should be what you get. Live by the sword die by the sword.
As far as i know Sam never killed anyone. If idiots choose to destroy their life with drugs, then as long as people want to take them there will be a demand. If everyone said no to street drugs it wouldn't even be an issue.
So should those that manufacture alcohol die too, seeing as alcohol also destroys lives? Or how about perscription drugs? Or anything else people die from?

Selling alcohol with the appropriate permit is not a criminal act. A pharmacist selling prescription drugs to a person with a validly issued prescription is not a criminal act. The manufacture, supply, distribution and use of illicit drugs is a criminal act. Pretty straightforward facts really, irrespective of individual opinions of whether these things should be criminal.

Selling alcohol with the appropriate permit is not a criminal act. A pharmacist selling prescription drugs to a person with a validly issued prescription is not a criminal act. The manufacture, supply, distribution and use of illicit drugs is a criminal act. Pretty straightforward facts really, irrespective of individual opinions of whether these things should be criminal.

Yeah because a Government will allow some things but not others, but the net result is death from those legal things, just as much as the illegal things.
And when you think about it, when things are classified as illegal, and then crimes are committed because of that, who benefits? There's plenty of income generated from illegal things, and that benefits the legal system. Just IMO.

And I have to say, so much of what has been reported by locals has later proven to be true in MSM.

That is all well and good but as TOS on WS's state, classified as Rumor unless a link is provided. From my understanding anyway.

Oh i'm sure some will take advantage of things like that for sure, as they do.

Close family friend of the Thompsons here. The Go fund me account is 100% sincere! The family didn't know it was being made and the lady who made it is a lovely beautiful person. I do agree that funding a boob job on go fund me gives it a bad name. All us as friends want to do is give him a farewell. I don't think we are asking for much honestly.

I recall seeing a photograph of Sam in Germany, Ashley Dyball was also in Germany in December 2015. I was trying to figure out if their dates matched up but I can't find SW facebook to look at the dates again. I'm happy to figure it out if I can get to SW's facebook, any help please? Would be kind of interesting if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288