MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Locke poked his head out of chambers momentarily #AaronHernandez

Lee is in. #AaronHernandez

court reporter is in #AaronHernandez

Haggan, Anderson & BPD Detectives are in -- hearing there may be a question #AaronHernandez

family translator is in #AaronHernandez

clerk asks court officers to bring #AaronHernandez up

Abreu/Furtado families are in #AaronHernandez

Leontire Kenney Baden Medina Sullivan are all in #AaronHernandez

court officer brings Kenney Baden a glass of water #AaronHernandez

Baez in #AaronHernandez

#AaronHernandez is in

Locke: we have received a question #AaronHernandez

Locke: q: if an immunized witness provides testimony we believe gives enough evidence for a conviction, do we need corroborating evidence..

...for that info #AaronHernandez

Anderson says answer should be no, Sullivan says repeat portion of jury charge re: immunized witness #AaronHernandez

Locke: case law requires corroboration to at least one element of charged offense not specific parts of testimony #AaronHernandez

Locke: req for corroboration -- no defendant convicted solely by word of immunized witness #AaronHernandez

Locke: req'd some evidence in support on at least one element of proof #AaronHernandez

Locke: be happy to give more expansive instruction #AaronHernandez

Travis Andersen @TAGlobe
Sullivan: that's agreeable to #AaronHernandez Anderson: that's not necessary

Sullivan: in abundance of caution wise to give expanded instruction #AaronHernandez

Locke: ques highlights word "specific" do they need corroboration on one specific piece of info #AaronHernandez

jury coming down #AaronHernandez

Locke: q reads if imm witness provides testimony we believe gives evidence for conviction do we need corroborating evidence 4 specific ...

part of testimony Locke: dir answer is no u need corroboration to at least 1 element of charged crime #AaronHernandez

Locke: no def convicted solely by word of imm witness #AaronHernandez

Locke: req'd there be some evidence to corroborate at least 1 element--corroboration need not prove that def committed crime but ...

needs to satisy jury that witness is telling the truth #AaronHernandez

jury exits, deliberations resume #AaronHernandez

Darn so many witnesses wit immunity hard to say which could be
That being said, the way instructions read on witness intimidation can't see how anything but guilty on that. although I not convinced it happened as AB stated jmho

This could go either way:

Majority wants Not Guilty- but lone holdout.
OR
Majority wants Guilty - but holdouts.
**From Twitter I agree

Since I got up way too early this morning (6:30am) - I'm off to bed!

You have the link to Travis' tweeter - so I'll let some else update in case there are more!

:wave:

Hi Everyone, can someone explain to me why the ? looks bad for AH?

THANK YOU.

This is why I think it was such a good closing for the CW. By spending almost 45 minutes on giving evidence from non-immunized witnesses that cooperated so much of what AB testified to. A lot of the ones given immunity were for the AB shooting. Who incidentally were part of AH's gang associates in Florida.

The FLA shooting of AB ( who was part of AH's group) and basically was a gang leader offing one of their own. BUT, AB lived!

AB knew because of the Boston shooting involvement, he too would be liable for that one too! He needed immunity from the Boston case.

SO, if the jury believes most of what AB said, and CW connected those dots. The jury is charged with "Can believe some, all or nothing" from any witnesses as the triers of fact.

Def. on the other hand wants the jury to disbelieve anything that came out of their mouths. Gees, Shayanna, was not immunized and she lied her face off under oath proven by evidence presented. IF his baby's momma would lie under oath to protect him, Why would AB lie now since he was a victim of AH. AH was totally paranoid about getting caught for Boston shooting for years!

AB BTW also testified under oath at the OL trial. OL was killed because of AH's fears of getting caught. People surrounding AH's who knows too much SHOULD be nervous! I think what we witnessed with the SUV driver and passenger's ( AB's shooting) giving testimony was clear that even immunity didn't cure.

One strong piece of evidence was the "Consciousness of Guilt" activities by AH with hiding of the 4-Runner and it started immediately after with Tanya coming in AM takes 4-Runner to her place. Cleaned it up and HIDE in garage.

Let's just hope justice will prevail here. :please:

Sorry for the rambling :facepalm:

Hi Everyone, can someone explain to me why the ? looks bad for AH?

THANK YOU.

The jury had a question. I missed it, but what I can gather from tweets the jury asked "if an immunized witness provides testimony we believe gives enough evidence for a conviction, do we need corroborating evidence". I believe some may taking it asking about Bradley, but no one really know for sure.

Thanks, LyndyLoo and BUF!!! :tyou:

Like all of you, I am also believing it is about AB as vs any of the others that received imm.

The question was, “If an immunized witness provides specific testimony that we believe would give enough evidence for a conviction, do we have to have corroborating evidence for that specific piece of testimony?”

The word “specific” was underlined.
Locke told jurors that state law prohibits a defendant from being convicted solely on the word of an immunized witness. Jurors need additional evidence that corroborates at least one element of the charged offense, he said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...liberations/yZM01zpdLsBv229IWK7SsL/story.html

If the Jury was in agreement there would have been a verdict already. The question they asked could also mean 11 -1 for NG..#AaronHernandez

Or the other way :blushing:

Seen many cases where it has happened. Did not say that didn't mean AH "not guilty" because of that. But jmho they didn't prove beyond a Reasonable Doubt me, just more questions and leads to doubt. But we aren't on jury panel so only matters to me.
ETA evidence kept and even kept after trial due to appeal. Wasn't Casey Anthony's car kept until after trial?
ETA #2 yes
CNN) -- Casey Anthony's white Pontiac Sunfire is a crushed slab in a Florida junkyard nearly seven weeks after she was acquitted of murder in her 2-year-old daughter's death, according a person in a law office close to the case. http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/19/florida.casey.anthony/

I don't think you can compare Casey Anthonys Sunfire to this case. She was accused of keeping her child's corpse in her car trunk. So absolutely it is going to be retained in evidence.

But a drive by shooting case is not the same thing at all. They took lots of pictures and other forensics, then released the car to ins. company.

25m
Travis Andersen‏ @TAGlobe
attys called to sidebar jury dismissed #AaronHernandez

If the Jury was in agreement there would have been a verdict already. The question they asked could also mean 11 -1 for NG..#AaronHernandez

Or the other way :blushing:

No, there would not necessarily be a verdict already, even if they were all in agreement on GUILTY. There are 8 counts, and each needs specific and separate paperwork to be filled out. They need more time.

But come on, no matter how you look at it, this question has to worry the defense. If it was only 1 person wanting to know that, I doubt they would bring it to the judge already. I have to think that several believe AB's testimony. JMO

SO far it seems they have been deliberating about 6 plus hours. I think they are deliberating throughout the breaks too. I didn't hear about them taking a lunch break today??

This case is like 2 cases in one ( though connected) so have to figure out how connected IF connected. There's also 8 charges to consider so have to go through each charge. I would love to be a fly on the wall during their first "Straw Poll" :eye:

No, there would not necessarily be a verdict already, even if they were all in agreement on GUILTY. There are 8 counts, and each needs specific and separate paperwork to be filled out. They need more time.

But come on, no matter how you look at it, this question has to worry the defense. If it was only 1 person wanting to know that, I doubt they would bring it to the judge already. I have to think that several believe AB's testimony. JMO

No way to know what going on in jury room. And AB not only one with immunity. We also don't know how many but if there wasn't a slip or unsure wouldn't have asked.. Jmho both knows not a slam dunk. Way question was asked no doubt concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong