Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at that profile now. Posting 24 march. What the feck. Im trying to process this anti isis fighting thing; man if i lied and hopped on a plane to fight against isis, say even if its a 'helpful' thing against terrorism, man my parents would have kicked my butt even as an adult, when i eventually got home. Certainly wouldnt be praising my illegal actions and watching me post from this account name and praising me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps his parents were simply glad he lived to come home? And proud of what he'd done over there. Happy he's been able to help people even though he wasn't able to do it his preferred way but joining the military? If my sons did tho, of course I'd worry and freak out. But at the same time I'd be proud that after feeling so compelled to do this, they followed through. Proud that he walked away from an easy fun party life in Brisbane to help someone hopefully enjoy the same freedom and security he left behind.

Here is another pic of a ute in front of the house, from April of last year. There are many pics of a ute in front of the house, as well as the white car, from many dates in 2016/2017 ... but most of them are too blurry for an image to be posted here.

xf3zbk.jpg

Google Earth image

Thanks, evan_dando!! And welcome. :)
I also believe the police have been using familiar tactics.

Good to hear the unofficial opinions about this crime. It is certainly something that has been hinted at by police in a public manner when they stated they "now believed Mr Thompson may have been involved with “unsavoury” characters".

<modsnip> Which may even be why there has been mention of body parts .. as well as possibly the cutting tools that may have been purchased to replace previous ones imo. :( :(

My gosh, how much worse can this get for Sam's family?!

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...n/news-story/74df6181f568045710ed15c3f9d561b7

Great post both SouthAussie and Evan_Dando. Thank you.

<modsnip>

Good find!!! Should we book bosciano in? &#129315;

I just had this vision of:
Caller: So Im looking at getting a large hedge trimmed, is that your thing?
RB: nah look mate I really specialize more in the shallow bush grave thing, but yah sure I can do the hedges. What kinda price you looking at?

Nickers you are gold.

The clues were there - the "childcare worker" narrative was designed to elicit support from the public - I thought Sam looked a bit emaciated in the CCTV apartment footage so I'm guessing he was a drug user as well?I don't think he would have put up much of a fight if confronted - IMO - if only he could see past the flashy cars and bucket hats to pay his debts - very silly
:wagon:evan_dando...Great to have you on board with us...I felt from Day 1 that this case was drug related.

The clues were there - the "childcare worker" narrative was designed to elicit support from the public - I thought Sam looked a bit emaciated in the CCTV apartment footage so I'm guessing he was a drug user as well?I don't think he would have put up much of a fight if confronted - IMO - if only he could see past the flashy cars and bucket hats to pay his debts - very silly
Strange thing is that it seems that he had the means to pay his debts from what we are hearing,

I thought Sam actually looked healthy in his Contki photos on FB, but less healthy in more recent family photos in the video on the site, but it is a matter of personal perception.

Chose not to?? The other thing I wonder is whether Sam was taking RB and AD's customers - "if you want some g give sam a c" - and they were infuriated to see him doing so well outwardly anyway. I'm also wondering if there is a Mafia connection here - might seem a bit out there - but they are still operative in Queensland and NSW that I know of
Strange thing is that it seems that he had the means to pay his debts from what we are hearing,

I thought Sam actually looked healthy in his Contki photos on FB, but less healthy in more recent family photos in the video on the site, but it is a matter of personal perception.

Perhaps he lost his way when he came back - boredom probably set in

I suspect he totally underestimated the seriousness of the situation he was in.

Chose not to?? The other thing I wonder is whether Sam was taking RB and AD's customers - "if you want some g give sam a c" - and they were infuriated to see him doing so well outwardly anyway. I'm also wondering if there is a Mafia connection here - might seem a bit out there - but they are still operative in Queensland and NSW that I know of
Long time ago, but when my brother got involved with drug dealing for no other reason than to prove he was clever (Aspergers), when he started to do really well he realised it was all linked back to Griffith. My folks got him a barrister and he went and told all to the police, and disappeared. It took a year at least to find him.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/aust...e-more-it-stays-the-same-20150703-gi4l2n.html

Last i heard AD was helping his parents in their online business and/or shop.

I thought a local came on here and said they had the Lutwychye Post Office franchise. Apologies if I am wrong.

Luckily, not everyone thinks that way. A lot of people felt this guy was a hero for doing what he did and a lot of people didnt. I do know that a lot of laws have changed because people were willing to break them for good reason. Now I understand why this one is in place because it would be a nightmare trying to vet everyone to determine their intention but that does not mean that the few who have chosen to break it are not heroes. Every country throughout history has had laws good and bad that were broken for the right reasons. I think we need to stop harping on the fact that what he did was "illegal" and thats why its wrong.

I don't want to commence a dialog about this again .. as there are too many opposing personal opinions that others find upsetting.
(So please, let's not start it again, peeps. :) )

But I just want to say that I came across an article that states that the cases against several young Aussies (including Dyball) who fought for the YPG are under review and defence due to a point in Aussie law. That is, that there is no law against joining foreign government military groups.
The YPG may be considered a foreign government military group, and the facts and proof of that are being established, thereby releasing these Aussie fighters from any recrimination in our courts.

I thought you may be interested in this, is all. As I was. And others may be. :)

Stary Norton Halphen is preparing what is being dubbed a &#8220;landmark defence&#8221; that will argue the Syrian territory controlled by the YPG should be recognised as an autonomous state.

Smith makes it clear that the YPG is likely to be the only organisation that can claim the defence of being a government army, because no other groups have effective control or have set up the institutions of government.

&#8220;Their democratic rule in northern Syria amounts to effective control. As such, the YPG are a &#8216;government army&#8217; for the purpose of the code.

Smith says public perception around her client&#8217;s case has been overly simplified. &#8220;A lot of people have said that Ashley hasn&#8217;t been charged because he&#8217;s a &#8216;goodie&#8217; not a &#8216;baddie&#8217;, but this simply isn&#8217;t about that.
The government stance that you can&#8217;t fight for either side is not entirely accurate. It appears you can perform military service in Syria, it just needs to be with a government.&#8221;

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au...ti-daesh-fighter-ashley-dyball/14498388002740

I thought the tomahawk was purchased from Bunnings three days after the alleged murder took place? I still think the two accused ran out of patience and he was given a hiding at the Bald Hills address - probably by both RB and AD - this went too far and Sam died from his injuries - will stand corrected though
Agree. I think I said that in earlier posts, that at best a tomohawk would do digits? Maybe a wrist if very sharp and heavily swung? And yes, I thought that too about bleeding out. That unless there are large/specific injuries that point to COD it may have been blood loss. Miserable business.

I thought the tomahawk was purchased from Bunnings three days after the alleged murder took place? I still think the two accused ran out of patience and he was given a hiding at the Bald Hills address - probably by both RB and AD - this went too far and Sam died from his injuries - will stand corrected though

Some sleuthers wondered whether the Bunnings purchases were actually to replace tools that were used in the murder....that were then disposed of with the body.

Yes it did say that. We thought maybe it was to replace one they'd used on ST as RB would use one in his gardening business. Probably kept the receipts for the tax deduction [emoji857]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member