Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highlighted in the article what the australian govt. states and they say it is "Illegal" unless you are in the services thats all. End of.
What she's saying is that you posted a quote which reinforced her post, yet you are arguing the point. Your quote says exactly what she said in the first place, that it isn't illegal to fight for a foreign army IF it is an official government group, such as the Israeli army. There's argument to be made that YPG is in fact aligned with the government, so it's a grey area. That's why they haven't been charged I'd say.

Somehow I thought that was in the home invasion ... the Daily Mail reporting of bashed. Not about the murder.

I think DM said he was bashed. But that's DM for ya, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and here was the word i used, in it's meaning i used
(quote)
beaten1
having been beaten or struck:

His parents went to Syria looking for him also. Do you know if they ever found him?

I watched just the other day the 60 Minutes episode where they accompanied AD's parents and Reece's mum to Syria. It is available on their website though it may not be the complete thing. What I saw was heart-wrenching, and so much more so in light of what has happened since. His poor parents.
Also can't help but contemplate the involvement of 60 Minutes in this very tragic sequence of events.

I never read the word beaten I don't think. Most MSM I saw said Assaulted. I think DM used the word bashed.

You have never heard of someone being beaten to death?

I think DM said he was bashed to death. But that's DM for ya, I guess.

No, I went back to my own post in the last thread (as I found that article that said bashed a while back) and they did say that about the murder. Didn't say bashed to death, however.

However, an assault does not always mean bashing. As I have quoted before it can mean having a gun pointed at you and being threatened with it ... really thinking you can die. That is also assault. As would be cutting or other forms of violence.
The DM could be acting as its usual presumptuous entity. :rolleyes:

What she's saying is that you posted a quote which reinforced her post, yet you are arguing the point. Your quote says exactly what she said in the first place, that it isn't illegal to fight for a foreign army IF it is an official government group, such as the Israeli army. There's argument to be made that YPG is in fact aligned with the government, so it's a grey area. That's why they haven't been charged I'd say.

BBM And that is exactly what i quoted with a link for, to reinforce what the poster stated.

You have never heard of someone being beaten to death?

Yes, I have heard of people being beaten to death. I have not seen it stated ST was beaten to death. I was replying to someone about the DM using the word bashed. I said I had not seen the word beaten used in ST's case. I said I had seen the word assaulted used. An assault can take many forms and does not necessarily include a beating.

What msm articles stated was 'seriously assaulted'. I posted the link to that just before and i think it's in other msm articles as well. I don't think seriously assaulted on a deceased person's body means a pat on the head.

Oh yeah ... :drama: And they didn't say bashed to death. Just bashed. Whereas everyone else said assault. Which you and I know can mean many things.
Yep! Verbal assault is still assault, not physical at all :) And of course threatening someone with a weapon is assault too, even if they don't use it. It's good to remind ourselves not to jump to conclusions!

ETA: I'm not referring to Sam's murder here, but clarifying the definition of "assault" in general.

I think they like to dramatise just a tad at times lol!

Here is their quote ... and even they went on to say assaulted further down in the article. Bashed makes a good headline, ya know. It is only written as the headline, and as the lead-in sentence.

A childcare worker whose remains which were found in bushland at Caboolture north of Brisbane was bashed before being buried in a shallow grave.
Police on Friday confirmed the human remains identified as those of Queensland man Samuel Thompson.
Even though Mr Thompson was assaulted no cause of death has been established.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4388820/Human-remains-identified-Samuel-Thompson.html

Mod Note:

Discussing and/or sleuthing other members is against the rules.

Posting screenshots of social media is against the rules.

Discussing comments made by the general public on social media and/or under articles is against the rules.

All photos need a link.

Rumors and gossip are not permitted.

If you state something as fact, you must be able to provide a link from an approved source (MSM, LE) to back it up.

Please familiarize yourself with The Rules, as it is your responsiblity to know them.

Failure to post in accordance with the rules may result in a loss of posting privileges.

:tyou:

:bump:

Again, rumors and gossip have no place here.

The victim and suspects' friends and family are OFF LIMITS to sleuthing.

Do not post photos of random innocent people.

If allowable photos are posted, a link must be included.

If you disagree with a fellow poster, do so in a mature and civil manner. If you're unable to do that, then just scroll and roll or put them on ignore. But STOP personalizing.

Several posts have been removed.

No more warnings. Time Outs will be issued to those who continue to post with a disregard for the rules.

Thank you.

What msm articles stated was 'seriously assaulted'. I posted the link to that just before and i think it's in other msm articles as well. I don't think seriously assaulted on a deceased person's body means a pat on the head.
We are just clarifying the definition of the word "assault", as some use the word interchangeably with words that mean something else. We don't know what the assault was, they could be referring to torture, not hitting. We don't know, that's all we're saying :)

Yep! Verbal assault is still assault, not physical at all :) And of course threatening someone with a weapon is assault too, even if they don't use it. It's good to remind ourselves not to jump to conclusions!

Samuel Thompson was murdered. He wasn't verbally assaulted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong