IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be that he tried to destroy and dumped the phone if the killer took it, so it may have been recovered in the creek or surrounding area or even a dumpster somewhere. If Libby still had it in her pocket and he didn't realize it, then investigators found it. I suspect the killer dumped it somewhere but really have no idea.

The only thing I am sure of is two girls were murdered before they could really live, and just how much I don't know about every facet of this case.

Aww I know, it's IMO just disturbing that someone out in this crazy world would even let the thought cross their mind to harm children, let alone act on the feelings. And your right I feel the same, there is so much I don't know either. Thanks for responding, I ask about the phones because somewhere in my head, If a phone is still missing, I want it found, but I'm positive LE is covering these bases anyhow.

Discussed and here's a map. lol
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-48&p=13307408#post13307408

This is my first post on this case, I've been watching the vids and reading the comments although I am 100% certain I couldn't have read all the posts but after reading the ones I could I have a theory that I haven't seen yet. Please let me know if it's been thrown out there.

BG parks at the cemetery, hikes to the SE side of the bridge, encounters the girls on the trail just past the bridge, maybe says something maybe not, he continues onto the bridge and sees there's nobody around so he turns around, meanwhile Libby is recording him, either from before he turns or after he turns, he walks to the end of the bridge, threatens the girls and tells them to "go down the hill". Libby puts phone in her pocket but it's still recording video which in turn records audio, the go across the creek to the spot where they were found, he commits his crimes and heads back to cemetery and drives off.

Aww I know, it's IMO just disturbing that someone out in this crazy world would even let the thought cross their mind to harm children, let alone act on the feelings. And your right I feel the same, there is so much I don't know either. Thanks for responding, I ask about the phones because somewhere in my head, If a phone is still missing, I want it found, but I'm positive LE is covering these bases anyhow.

Does it matter if phone is found? I mean, will it tell them anything they can't already see from records, towers and the "cloud"?

I have always felt this was a sexual/pedophile type crime, or made to look like one. I have seen nothing to make me think the motive is anything else. Whether he was out there hoping to find young girls, or stumbled upon them is a mystery though. Jmo

ab01, I hope you don't mind me using your post as a spring board for an experiment that tried earlier today because it ties in with your post as your post speaks of some questions that still linger in my mind as to placement of the girls.

Websight, the Not-So-Magnificent's Video Experiment - Part One

I wanted to try to video and then take stills from that 60-80 foot mark. I asked my trusty assistants (my teen daughters) to help me recreate what it would look like if someone was filmed on a phone from the above distance. I chose 70 feet as the median and asked my daughter to walk to the 60 foot mark. For this first part of the experiment I did not zoom during the filming (I would zoom after the still was taken). Below is what 60 feet looks like when I took a still from the video:

attachment.php

Now mind you, she would appear closer than that but I kept checking while filming and it isn't that skewed in terms of distance. I wanted to see if I could figure out how far away BG actually was for Libby and LE to have gotten those pictures.

Next I wanted to try to take the still and zoom in and enhance to see if I could make out the features of my daughter:

attachment.php

Well, as you can see, I have a pixelated mess zooming in and enhancing the photo after filming without the zoom on.

So far it seems that the video either might not have been taken from the 60 feet unzoomed or might not have been taken from that great a distance at all.

Please note that I am not in the least bit interested in proving much greater minds than mine wrong. I am just the gal who discovered she likes fiddling with pictures and I use that fiddling to answer my own questions. I may be totally wrong and I am happy if someone with more experience can show me my errors and I can go back to the drawing board and improve. I hope that you don't mind my sharing these. I don't mind if you poke holes! :poke:

Not wanting to take up a whole page, I will post a Part Two. I will show what happened when I filmed on zoom and then enhanced the still from it.

Whoa that second one blew my mind. You can't see anything. Will you try to enhance it to the best of your abilities, like I figure they would have done to BG. This makes the first seem more likely, what does the first look like zoomed in after the still? I hope my questions make sense and I know you are busy with it. But now I have questions. Thanks !

IMO, it's a toggle-type closure, made with cloth instead of cord. It wraps around a snap-type button, like on jeans. And it has an inner zipper.

Yes good point.

A toggle button style would explain why it looks like material extends away from the jacket to the other side.

Below is a link to a toggle button jacket and even though this is clearly not the exact same it does have that style of button to show what you mean.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/821976/desigual-averd-toggle-button-jacket?color=NAVY

I agree it could be that style of button enclosure. The jackets I have that are like the BG jacket have both buttons and a zipper. The buttons on mine are regular buttons and not toggle buttons but the idea is the same.

Some jackets have both because it keeps the flap that covers the zipper more waterproof when raining. That way water doesnt go through the zipper.

Not sure if BG jacket has a zipper with it or not.

It was an interview. He said something to the effect of his daughter told him she had "seen some scruffy looking guys back there, but they didn't bother me". IIRC. I'm sure someone with more knowledge can link the story from the media thread?
I can't find it but do remember what Boggled is talking about. It was in the Delphi area (not the flashers).

IIRC, it was a father who mentioned his daughter had seen some strange men in the area of the trail. Sorry, but I don't even remember if it was an article or an interview. moo

Does it matter if phone is found? I mean, will it tell them anything they can't already see from records, towers and the "cloud"?

I have always felt this was a sexual/pedophile type crime, or made to look like one. I have seen nothing to make me think the motive is anything else. Whether he was out there hoping to find young girls, or stumbled upon them is a mystery though. Jmo

Maybe, maybe not. You never know what other important forensics stuff could be on the device physically. Plus if they didn't and he kept one maybe someone he knows might find it? All imo. I agree it is a mystery to me too.

Maybe, maybe not. You never know what other important forensics stuff could be on the device physically. Plus if they didn't and he kept one maybe someone he knows might find it? All imo. I agree it is a mystery to me too.

You mean like fingerprints or DNA?

Ok Im following.....

1 aspect I'm trying to understand though.....isnt the picture of BG pointing back to the North ( The girls were dropped off at the North side.....walked along the trail -> crossed the Bridge ( standing at the south end pointed back facing North took a pic of BG)

wouldn't BG have to enter the North side of the Bridge? ( unless he passed them earlier and doubled back?)

added - I hope someone saw a vehicle or a man walking ( so far i have not read any info on a vehicle spotted at the cemetary )

hope that made sense

Yes, the video is taken pointing North, but there's nothing to say that the suspect stepped onto the bridge on the North end. He may have entered on the SE end, passed the girls, turned around, and abducted them. In fact, that no one saw him on the trails suggests that he was never on the trails and that he did enter the bridge on the SE end.

Here's the video where the guy talks about his daughter seeing some scruffy guys.

[video=youtube;Jb-eOkWFf2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-eOkWFf2M[/video]

Yes, the video is taken pointing North, but there's nothing to say that the suspect stepped onto the bridge on the North end. He may have entered on the SE end, passed the girls, turned around, and abducted them. In fact, that no one saw him on the trails suggests that he was never on the trails and that he did enter the bridge on the SE end.

Yes thanks, I always consider that too. It would be probably be pretty easy to walk in/out undetected on the SE side. There are only a few homes on that side...could also stay in tree line.

Please stay, if you don't like what some say just ignore or Scroll and roll.

Welcome to Websleuth! :)

Thank you for the welcome! I already think of you guys as my crime sleuthing family. I check as soon as I get off work to see what new ideas you have put out there. I think you all are amazing and I am honored to be a part if your group!!

JMO-
1.It appears to me that the crime scene is visable when walking on the north end of the bridge.
2. I think the subject parked on the east side on the other bridge on the side of 300. There is a turn out there where a vehicle could very hidden - and the route goes straight east then south out to Indianapolis and hundreds of small towns.
3. I don't think he parked at the cemetery because it's active, pleoemcomeing with flowers a risk. There were at least 4 burials in 2016, he may even have attended a recent funeral and noticed the surroundings - making a plan.

Adding: He could walk from that east deer creek bridge right behind RLs place to the north end of the bridge. JMO

Re BBM

I like this theory. I dont recall anyone mentioning it before although I have not followed lately as close as I did when case first broke.

Its a great theory because even though I think the cemetary area somehow came into play in this case I too thought he would not risk parking there unless he wanted to use the visiting a grave excuse if ever caught in the area.

I am not sure exactly where this other bridge is but it sounds like it is pretty close and the theory sounds plausible.

This of course if the BG was not staying in one of the homes right near where they were found. Which is also something I keep thinking could be the case.

That other bridge parking area sounds like a perfect get away strategy for a perp if they had planned this whole thing out and was not staying in one of the houses there.

Found an article from Feb 14th with some pics. 1 shows 2 searchers and others on the bridge walking across the bridge according to the news report http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_031b521c-f2e3-11e6-a249-a77587cb24f9.html

I have looked at this photo from Kyle Keener many times. Makes my eyes pop out of my head. When you bring it in close, it almost looks like a photoshop of BG. Jacket looks identical to me. Also look at the guy in the plaid. He looks like he's wearing BG's camo hat. mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member