Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will grant a divorce without both parties agreeing/ signing the papers??? That must be unique to that state. I thought it was nearly impossible to get a divorce with just one party being knowledgeable or agreeing. That is why they have to "serve" divorce papers- to be sure the other person was notified.

Also, with the prescriptions, I do know that the state the doctor is licensed in is the only state you can fill your meds, unless you go to a nationwide pharmacy (for example Rite Aid or WalMart) and even then, I think it had to be transferred from my Louisiana based pharmacy. I used to travel a lot and I couldn't get my prescription filled when I was in another state. And once he got it filled, then his subsequent refills would still be attached to that original prescription and prescription number. I think they could find that and already have a tag on that prescription, to watch for activity.

My brother in law (who is a doctor) told me long ago that they get their written prescriptions back (like your old checks would come back in the mail). He said it was one way to be sure none of your blank pages were stolen and forged. I am not sure if it still works that way.

I think all of that is probably somewhat irrelevant, though. I have a feeling this dude is not worried about his high blood pressure medicine. He will probably go a long time before he feels like he reeeeeally needs it and was spacing out his meds to make them last much longer.

All my opinion.

Divorce will take longer with publication rules in Tennessee but with no argument over assets, maybe not too long.

I have a hard time believing JC when she says she wasn't aware of their relationship. I mean, hasn't she already admitted that she knew about the kissing allegation (even if she says she didn't believe it)?

Our intuition is innately human. It's also the most efficient and survivalistic tool we have at our disposal to help us recognize potential threats to our livelihood. Intuition is almost always right because it only cares about one thing---protecting us, both physically and mentally. We almost always know the truth by the way it feels inside of our soul, but oftentimes, we ignore it. It's a lot easier to live our lives in blind ignorance than it is to force ourselves to face our ugly truths. Think about how often you've said "I knew this was going to happen!" after something goes wrong. The popular colloquialism says "hindsight is 20/20" but what it should say is "an ignored intuition will eventually slap you in the face with the truth".

So, despite what JC may claim... I think she probably had a very good idea about the type of relationship her husband had with ET, even if she tried to convince herself otherwise.

ETA: so, it really bothers me to hear her say such things... because even if she ignored her gut feelings initially (like when the red flags tried to warn her that something smelled fishy), I feel certain the picture became crystal clear to her in the same second she realized that her husband was gone and wasn't coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything JC says is tempered by me thinking FBI gives her a top ten list of things to say or work into an interview anytime she has the media around.

What was District Attorney Cooper's reason for giving this information to a reporter? I'd like to know exactly how he feels this statement helps to find Elizabeth Thomas. To be more exact, I think it is victim blaming (the victim being Anthony Thomas, Elizabeth's father in this case). Victim blaming seems to be rampant in Maury County. I am also reminded that district Attorney Cooper stated the following early on in the case:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/35148584/investigators-did-not-have-access-to-elizabeth-thomas-phone

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34935506/teacher-student-posted-on-social-media-on-day-they-went-missing

Everybody says that about the quiet neighbor who never caused a problem until they find 3 women chained up in his house or he turns out to be the town's serial rapist or they find 27 decomposing male teens and young adults in his crawlspace.

I have a headache and I've skimmed through many posts so I don't know if this was touched on but something is up with the media reports regarding ETs phone.
In a previous article posted here it says that Dad contacted the school saying that after going through E's phone he found a huge cause for concern between teacher and daughter. Then you turn around and media is saying that he couldn't get phone or didn't want to. Sister says not true. Sometimes...ok, a lot of times, MSM pissed me off and causes confusion.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

BBM. Yeah, that bothered me. I feel for this family quite a bit. But it's not all about them. In fact, it's mostly about the 15 year old child victim who is not being mentioned at all. Does she factor for them at all? Do they blame her? Or realize the danger and pain she is in and the pain her family is in?

So many victims, true. But I get my hackles up in defense of this vulnerable child. She needs to not be lost in the narrative. The unwillingness of many to see her as the true victim in this may delay her getting home. It may make possible witnesses less aware of the case, less interested in it and less understanding of the urgency in recovering her and it may also make ET less willing to try to break free, knowing how she is thought of.

I wonder why the reporter didn't ask about their feelings about ET. Maybe they did and it wasn't aired?

Thank you. That's what was glaring for me as well. I get the feeling from all of this that Tad is the victim "Please come home it will be all right" rather than ET being the victim It's subtle, but it's there. This isn't a helpless man who's run off with a woman looking to fleece him and he's not the one in danger. Yet the entire narrative is to feel sorry for this poor family who's been deserted by a man who's broken trust. Broken trust? Come on, get your head in the game and wake up dearie. He's a master manipulator who has kidnapped a very vulnerable child and for months stalked, terrified, threatened and exploited her. I'll care about them when ET is warm and safe in her own bed every night.

Thank you. That's what was glaring for me as well. I get the feeling from all of this that Tad is the victim "Please come home it will be all right" rather than ET being the victim It's subtle, but it's there. This isn't a helpless man who's run off with a woman looking to fleece him and he's not the one in danger. Yet the entire narrative is to feel sorry for this poor family who's been deserted by a man who's broken trust. Broken trust? Come on, get your head in the game and wake up dearie. He's a master manipulator who has kidnapped a very vulnerable child and for months stalked, terrified, threatened and exploited her. I'll care about them when ET is warm and safe in her own bed every night.

That was my first thought as well, but as someone up thread (and someone on fb) both said, this interview may have been all about reaching out to tad to convince him to come home.

The other adult came forward but for some reason press didn't go wild fire about it.

Yes 3 others besides her.

We have had 2 grandmothers die and a grandfather hospitalized and a few of us are having some health complications. Along with we are all working full time. We are struggling

I'm so sorry for your family.

That was my first thought as well, but as someone up thread (and someone on fb) both said, this interview may have been all about reaching out to tad to convince him to come home.

Then it was a piss poor way of doing that. No wonder they can't find this child.

Where was he for all those years her mother was abusing her?

That was unfair. You do not know the conditions of the divorce. Part of her abuse may very well have been cutting them off from their father. The non custodial parent can sometimes have to put up a battle just having some say in their children's upbringing. If they have any say at all. In most cases the mother will be designated custodial parent, even though "joint custody" is awarded.

That was unfair. You do not know the conditions of the divorce. Part of her abuse may very well have been cutting them off from their father. The non custodial parent can sometimes have to put up a battle just having some say in their children's upbringing. If they have any say at all. In most cases the mother will be designated custodial parent, even though "joint custody" is awarded.

Yes it's not explainable in a message. The answer is yes and no. The answer is she didn't let him live in his own home.

Probably spending his hard earned money to fight with some liberal minded judge who felt female children are best being raised by their mother and wasted time prescribing parenting classes. But when it comes down to it, this isn't ET's father fault, the school's fault, the town's fault, the judge's fault, LE's fault or even JC's fault all they did was set the stage for the perfect storm. The fault lies squarely with the predator who kidnapped a teenager and that's TC.

I am convinced there is someone helping him. Neither are "camping inclined" and ill-prepared for a month of camping. If he stockpiled supplies then why the Wal Mart stop.... An 8 day missionary trip is far from being prepared to survive in another country.

I believe they went to Decatur to pick up or take care of something. Stopped at Wal-Mart to get supplies for the trip to the final destination

Somebody might be helping him without knowing it.

If TC knew someone who had a beach house/hunting cabin/ski lodge that was only seasonally used and is empty at this time of year, TC might have "invited" himself to use it without their knowledge. If he posted various disinformation, it might have been in part to make this owner think that they were going in a different direction, and not consider their property.

Since we know that TC likes to set people on wild goose chases, I would guess he's somewhere east. So he spent the first day leading investigators south, then he headed west to OK and got picked up on a camera at Walmart. Then it makes sense he would have headed east. I also agree with the poster who thinks he's rented a place and was headed there. I think he had a place set up and he's keeping ET out of sight.

I agree he has a rental or help and they are in hiding. He researched teen marriage, so maybe he was hoping when she turns 16 JC would have filed for divorce and he can marry ET and be clear and free to be with her. Not saying this is the reality, but I can see him looking at that as an option. This man is clearly not mentally stable and is not thinking like any normal person. Why were they really in OKC? That is what I am trying to figure out. Was it a ploy or are they in OKC/the surrounding area and TC thought it would never be reviewed and spotted? I can't make up my mind. If he found a rental they could be ordering what they need through alias and having it delivered to the doorstep.

If the note given to JC from TC didn't mention ET...and she reported him missing early afternoon...

JC says she had no idea about TC & ET and believed and trusted TC, he was her best friend.

The only thing that would make me report my spouse missing then would be a suicide note.

I've thought all along that it was a suicide note, maybe one saying that he intended to drive the Rogue into a lake somewhere, in an attempt to keep them from looking for it on dry land. Also, it would explain police not making the connection between a missing TC and a missing ET.

I have never believed they went to some warm beach. I think those were ideas Tad put into her head. Lies.

And females borrow each other's stuff all the time. One of my friends is in Bali right now with a bathing suit and a couple of my dresses. We're late 20s/early 30s.
/QUOTE]

If he was putting out a trail of disinformation, he might have specifically told her to bring the sister's bathing suit. The bathing suit suggested somewhere warm/beachy, and by taking her sister's instead of her own, it's probably more likely that it would soon be missed (hand to remember every article of clothes your kid owns, but if something you often wear is missing....

Quite frankly, that's none of our business. We are not gathered here to dissect the character of, and pass judgment on Elizabeth's Dad... ( or her mom, for that matter!). We know where is he right now, and that's all I need to know.

Somebody might be helping him without knowing it.

If TC knew someone who had a beach house/hunting cabin/ski lodge that was only seasonally used and is empty at this time of year, TC might have "invited" himself to use it without their knowledge. If he posted various disinformation, it might have been in part to make this owner think that they were going in a different direction, and not consider their property.

Hmm possibly a squatter. That's possible. Here in CA one bedroom apt about $1100 mo. My family has an average 1200 sq ft 3b old house we rent out for $2600 mo in crummy area of OC

They've have been gone a month. Between gas, food necessities unless he was sharing rent couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021