NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

Glad we tuned in at the right time and hope that bit of video gets copied by someone - I tried but failed lol - don't know how to do it. I think it would be much too risky for them to enter the pen with April and baby - wonder how they are going to clean up the poo?

Very risky Jordan going in with Oliver to open his door too!

ETA Just watched how they are going to clean April's stall - Oliver out - April in Oliver's - baby follows - shut door - clean stall - job done.

Is my gson going to be able to go out??

Are they never going to let Oliver meet my gson?

Did they let April and Ollie hang all the time before ??

Glad we tuned in at the right time and hope that bit of video gets copied by someone - I tried but failed lol - don't know how to do it. I think it would be much too risky for them to enter the pen with April and baby - wonder how they are going to clean up the poo?

Very risky Jordan going in with Oliver to open his door too!

ETA Just watched how they are going to clean April's stall - Oliver out - April in Oliver's - baby follows - shut door - clean stall - job done.

The risky bit is going into Oliver's stall to let him outside because he can no longer go in with April whilst they open his door.

Phew! Looks so risky! April back in with baby now. She was very cross with with Jordan, Dr. Tim et al.

It is is truly astounding how quickly they get solid with walking!! Just think baby car seat manufacturers would not exist if *advertiser censored* sapiens could do that also

Catch it before it vanishes -2.04.
[video=youtube;N4bU1i-XAxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4bU1i-XAxE[/video]

It is is truly astounding how quickly they get solid with walking!! Just think baby car seat manufacturers would not exist if *advertiser censored* sapiens could do that also

The way baby was tearing around this morning he could do with a crash helmet.

Phew! Looks so risky! April back in with baby now. She was very cross with with Jordan, Dr. Tim et al.

I am backward now and watching the interaction with humans now ! I thought a sitcom in terms of how they weighed my grandson!!

I am sure they make scales for zoos, it is not like there would not have been time (!!!) for Amazon to deliver one.

My grandson is not going to able to be lifted up for the rest of his life - so go buy a scale and acclimate him to early so it becomes very easy in the future.

My gson, you see, is going to be the tallest and heaviest, and strongest giraffe in the history of the world so they need to get ready now.!

Instinct is just amazing April is not ok with this at all

Look at that she is raging

So cool April is such a good a mom! I thoght it was so cool when she was allowed back in and ran over to my gson and gave him a through checkout after those "things" separated her from him

amazing folks stuff

They all had better watch out Miss April ain't putting up with your stuff (you humans out there) going in my gsons room

I wonder if it will become harder and harder for them to this - like will she get more stubborn in terms of not leaving to go into Oliver room?

It is at minus 2:24 at this point if you have not seen it -interesting

I replayed it!

And, created (much like the Simpson scale for hurricanes) the AGYDDDKYATDS Scale --

" April is Gonna Kick Your Damn Door Down and Kick You All To Death Scale".

When she first was separated she was a cat 1.
When more of those human things entered the stall she was at cat 2

When those humans started touching my gson she was a cat 3

and when one more of those humans entered my gson room she roared into cat 4

and continued to intensify and hit cat 5 shortly afterward - until all those human things left the area!!

I saw a big FEMA sign on her belly when she rushed back in to access the situation!!

I replayed it!

And, created (much like the Simpson scale for hurricanes) the AGYDDDKYATDS Scale --

" April is Gonna Kick Your Damn Door Down and Kick You All To Death Scale".

When she first was separated she was a cat 1.
When more of those human things entered the stall she was at cat 2

When those humans started touching my gson she was a cat 3

and when one more of those humans entered my gson room she roared into cat 4

and continued to intensify and hit cat 5 shortly afterward - until all those human things left the area!!

I saw a big FEMA sign on her belly when she rushed back in to access the situation!!

Where can I view it?

I'm beginning to get upset myself. Bring that baby back to April!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this has been posted!

4/16 Morning Update
Vet Check and a Thumbs Up
This morning the team got hands on with baby to do a full vet check and record height and weight.
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 129 lbs
(there is a weight drop the first 24 hours)
Baby checks out just perfect!
Nursing strongly this morning without any concerns.
April has recovered perfectly and is eating everything in sight!

17903430_960070200762526_8132415428301770464_n.jpg

Too much cuteness!

I am backward now and watching the interaction with humans now ! I thought a sitcom in terms of how they weighed my grandson!!

I am sure they make scales for zoos, it is not like there would not have been time (!!!) for Amazon to deliver one.

My grandson is not going to able to be lifted up for the rest of his life - so go buy a scale and acclimate him to early so it becomes very easy in the future.

My gson, you see, is going to be the tallest and heaviest, and strongest giraffe in the history of the world so they need to get ready now.!

Okay CARIIS, don't take this the wrong way, but I love you. Haha! The way you worded that made me weepy (in a good way) lol. You're awesome. Everyone here is.

:grouphug:

Guest Comment Card:

During out stay, we have noticed that housekeeping does not appear to have been provided with clean sheets! My gson is now residing in room 407, and we feel with a youngin in there-- fresh sheets are important.

We would be most appreciative, in light of your recent rags to riches, bank account, if you would go purchase an entire amount of new fresh linens.

Covering up and moving around feces, urine, blood and placenta droppings is not our definition of a clean and safe environ for my whippersnapper!

We look forward to seeing a marked improvment in housekeeping services in the future.

Sincerely,

Grandpa Cariis

Sorry if this has been posted!

4/16 Morning Update
Vet Check and a Thumbs Up
This morning the team got hands on with baby to do a full vet check and record height and weight.
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 129 lbs
(there is a weight drop the first 24 hours)
Baby checks out just perfect!
Nursing strongly this morning without any concerns.
April has recovered perfectly and is eating everything in sight!

17903430_960070200762526_8132415428301770464_n.jpg

Too much cuteness!

Thanks so much for sharing this. Those lucky people!! What a beautiful boy!! I am sure that all of the Adventure Animal Park employees are on a great big high!!

They are weighing and measuring the little guy right now. April is in Olivers pen and he is out side. April is upset and I don't blame her.

I should not have rewound and watch that. Absolutely broke my heart to see April in such distress. I wonder what she will do the next time one of them comes in her pen.

Guest Comment Card:

During out stay, we have noticed that housekeeping does not appear to have been provided with clean sheets! My gson is now residing in room 407, and we feel with a youngin in there-- fresh sheets are important.

We would be most appreciative, in light of your recent rags to riches, bank account, if you would go purchase an entire amount of new fresh linens.

Covering up and moving around feces, urine, blood and placenta droppings is not our definition of a clean and safe environ for my whippersnapper!

We look forward to seeing a marked improvment in housekeeping services in the future.

Sincerely,

Grandpa Cariis

:laughing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member